AFCON - Africa Cup of Nations

Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea has been moved to the beach I presume? :LOL:

Jokes aside, this is a terrible pitch. Hope the player's end up alright.

Cracking atmosphere in that opening game. Nice when an opening game is played in front of genuine fans and not paid-for extras...
Well honestly i wasn't surprised at all.. It's pretty common during the AFCON. Even for a 1/4 final the stadium is half empty.

I read there is some problem with ticket reseller in Ivory Coast, selling the ticket for double or triple the price to a population who have honestly not much.

But talking about football we almost had 3 surprised, but we end with a surprising 2-2 between Egypt and Mozambique, and Cabo Verde winning against Ghana.

Not surprised about Nigeria doing 1-1 against Equatorial Guinea, EQG is a nightmare to play.

Senegal is already in the lead.
Yeah great win 3-0 against Gambia. I hope some scout have paid attention to one of the best U23 in Africa : Lamine Camara of FC Metz in France who scored a brace this afternoon, he was the Man of the Tournament at the last U20 Africa Cup of Nations.

A wonderkid who worth to watch.

1705346369880.png

Today was a superb day of AFCON, the clash between the two Guinea was entertaining Emilio Nsué from Equatorial Guinea became the 1st player to score an Hat-Trick since Alloudi of Morocco in 2008 and also became the oldest to do it at the age of 34y.

Nigeria silence the host Ivory Coast in this battle of Giant.

Ghana throw away a win after leading twice against the 7x African Champion Egypt, they will need again Kudus to help the Blackstars against Mozambique. Unfortunately for Egypt, Mo Salah is injured.

J2 AFCON.jpg

I have been watching football since 1998, i starting to watch the AFCON since 2004 and i got to say this AFCON 2023 in 2024 it's the greatest group stage i've ever seen in my lifetime, so much drama, crazy ending and beautiful goals, just WOOW !!

Yesterday was crazy and the other days too

GEe5XHtWQAA4SJ9.jpeg

Hi, AniGoal10! I agree with you completely. It's the best AFCON so far. For example, the end of the yesterday match Gambia vs. Cameroon is simply madness! I am very surprised by Eq. Giunea and Cape Verde and disappointed with Algeria and Ivory Coast. Can't wait the Play-off!

The hosting nation Ivory Coast didn't miss his first game in the competition, the next game will be a bit harder than tonight vs. Nigeria. 🇨🇮

View attachment 257288
What a coincidence for the logo lmao otherwise this edition from the cup gave lot of lessons since there is no big teams or that quantity of quality and stars players i just can say that it looks like the academic potentiel with the age experience for some teams give a good picture when it comes to the football fundementals nowadays cause of playing lot the defence and these things this cup showed that hard games can not be the same as what considered hard games so i will say from now that the upcoming elimination matches will tell who can win the cup for real and im sure that mali is one of them. Also, the next cup will be the best.

Hi, AniGoal10! I agree with you completely. It's the best AFCON so far. For example, the end of the yesterday match Gambia vs. Cameroon is simply madness! I am very surprised by Eq. Giunea and Cape Verde and disappointed with Algeria and Ivory Coast. Can't wait the Play-off!
If there is some people thinking that football is about logic, stats, and common sense.. Well just follow the AFCON and all the guarantee you have about football doesn't matter in Africa.

Senegal was the best team in the group stage, 9 points out of 9 possible they are out
Algeria 5 defeat in Africa since 2018 out of the group stage twice without a win (2022, 2024)
Cameroon with 5 AFCON cup out of the competition
Egypt the African giant out of the competition in R16 without a win

Ivory Coast losing 4-0 in front of their crowd against Equatorial Guinea, they are qualified for the QF beating the reigning champion Senegal.

AFCON doesn't like the favorite.. Who's next ?

1706570743906.png

Last edited:
Morocco the 2022 WC semi finalist are out already in R16 beating 2-0 by the Bafana Bafana.

The last 8 QF of the AFCON 2022 are all out.

1706708161868.png

sad but I will digest it. Regragui didn't manage to get out of the challenger skin and adapt to being the favorite. He had 1 year after the world cup to work on it but he failed.

sad but I will digest it. Regragui didn't manage to get out of the challenger skin and adapt to being the favorite. He had 1 year after the world cup to work on it but he failed.
Unfortunately and tbh with you i wasn't surprised to see Morocco out yesterday. Morocco as national team have a tough relationship with the AFCON since forever. It's the total opposite with their club.

The World Cup and the AFCON is two different context. And now the expectation on the Atlas Lions will be over the roof in 2025 on their home soil.

Unfortunately and tbh with you i wasn't surprised to see Morocco out yesterday. Morocco as national team have a tough relationship with the AFCON since forever. It's the total opposite with their club.

The World Cup and the AFCON is two different context. And now the expectation on the Atlas Lions will be over the roof in 2025 on their home soil.
4-1-4-1 vs Germany maybe but not there, 2 Wings CF or 2 CFs is the best to challenge african teams just like them but there will be points of differences like players individuality and team chemistry and experience if they will chase the game its very hard that they will win and when they are winning its very hard to score on them because most of north African team has bad accuracy and late "went-into" the match.

Otherwise here is my prediction :
pred.png

I was sceptical before the competition but I started to hope after seeing how many moroccans traveled to CIV and how well they blended with the locals who ended up supporting Morocco. also after seeing the side of the table we got in + the fact that we know South Africa very well for having played them recently in the qualifier and for Wydad Casablanca having faced Mamelodi Sundowns so many times (8 players out of their starting 11 is from Mamelodi)...

The absolute drama! Unlucky for Mali, what a goal by Nene, top top binz!
Congrats to Ivory Coast. The whole stadium errupted on that equalizing goal, what a noise! A truly epic moment.

Also, if there was an award for best kit, Mali wins every time. I'm going to buy one when I get the chance.

icvmali.jpg

Everybody was talking about Nigeria being the bust of this competition and how unbalanced the team is. Well i guess they shut everyone mouth, only 1 goal conceded so far, great goalkeeper with Stanley Nwabili, solid defense and midfield, Osimhen the African Ballon d'Or is working his ass off for the team. 🇳🇬

Some says to win an AFCON you need a great goalkeeper, i guess South Africa is going to win this year, Ronwen Williams just pull out an historical performance he is the first goalkeeper ever in an international competition to stop 4 out 5 penalty during a shoot out. 🇿🇦

Ivory Coast is like the Undertaker of this competition, everyone thinks they are dead but they always find the way to comeback to life unreal game against Mali. 🇨🇮

RD Congo is here and they will do everything to stop Ivory Coast dream and they have everything to do it. 🇨🇩

I can't wait for the semis. 🌍 🤩

1707009097568.png

Last edited:
Another crazy stats of this AFCON.

Adding that South Africa have knocked out, 2 group stage winner (Morocco in R16 and Cape Verde in QF) 🇿🇦

AFCON.png

We have our 2 finalists of the AFCON 2023

Who would have thought 2 weeks ago after Cote d'Ivoire losing 4-0 at home and being out of the competition to see them in final. 🤯

Nigeria for 4th African crown or Cote d'Ivoire for a 3rd one ? 🇳🇬🇨🇮

1707343562267.png

Ivory Coast are 3 times AFCON Champions ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🇨🇮

- First time since Egypt 2006 that the hosting nations won the AFCON
- Max Alain Gradel and Serge Aurier are 2 times AFCON Champions, they won it already in 2015.
- First time in history that a new coach take the command of a nations in the middle of a tournament and won it with Emerse Faé
- Emerse Faé won finally the AFCON after losing the title in 2006 as a player against Egypt in final, it's a redemption day for him
- It's a superb story to tell after all the dramas Ivory Coast have been thru in group stage and being just couple minute away from getting kicked out of the competition during that famous Mozambique vs. Ghana game, they can say thank you to Richard Ofori the Ghanean goalkeeper.

WHAT A TOURNAMENT IT WAS. 🤩 🏆

GGF3t5YWUAADaG1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom