Bohemia Interactive's Enfusion Engine

Your wife also works for game developing, right? @Placebo

When I tumbled into your YT channel, I accidentally retumbled into another YT channel, which looked like hers.
And I could watch a couple of videos about a game development there.

That's why I guessed so about her.

Last edited:
Your wife also works for game developing, right? @Placebo

When I tumbled into your YT channel, I accidentally retumbled into another YT channel, which looked like hers.
And I could watch a couple of videos about a game development there.

That's why I guessed so about her.

Yeah we met at Bohemia. She now teaches game design/mocap/animation at Gotland University :)

Wow, really cool!!
I used to play the ARMA series with my uncle all the time :D

I hope you'll enjoy the future games ;)

Thanks for sharing and congrats on all your efforts!

Watched the trailer yesterday and watched a few breakdown videos this morning. I'm excited to see what this engine brings us for the future of Arma and DayZ. I've always been a fan of Bohemia's in-house engines. The only downside is the performance always seemed bottlenecked for some reason or another...never could quite put my finger on it.

On the flip side, I see you live in Sweden. Didn't realize Bohemia had any positions outside of Czech, Thailand, and Netherlands. Learn something new every day I guess lol

Thanks for sharing and congrats on all your efforts!

Watched the trailer yesterday and watched a few breakdown videos this morning. I'm excited to see what this engine brings us for the future of Arma and DayZ. I've always been a fan of Bohemia's in-house engines. The only downside is the performance always seemed bottlenecked for some reason or another...never could quite put my finger on it.

On the flip side, I see you live in Sweden. Didn't realize Bohemia had any positions outside of Czech, Thailand, and Netherlands. Learn something new every day I guess lol

I work externally and have since 2007 :)

I bought it, even though my PC at the moment is not capable of running it really good (waiting new 5nm AMD chips to be released for upgrade maybe).

Definitly good step for ARMA, but lacking of content: no tanks, no helicopters and no planes is not acceptable for ARMA title --- but if they add those in next monts it should be fine with AI improvement, more destructable enviroment and bugs fixes.

OFP feelings are back with Everon island and the FIA + US and soviets But could not find Guba.

But all what I had seeing was absolutley nice! 😃

Very beautiful in every way @Placebo . You and your team did a good job, even if i don't like FPS like Arma with old war at all (i prefers futuristic stuffs, or gore, such as Destiny or DOOM)... I hope it will serve for others kind of games.

The result is pretty good, i got no idea how easy it's to program. UE5 only impressed me with the Matrix stuff, but regarding the "older" engine, with your future ENFUSION version and some good artists focus on light effects and colors : totally reproducible.

We got some kind of "V.G. stars" here , big respect :SAL:

Ok so I'm playing on the seriesX and it pretty much runs like and looks shit. Hopefully on release it's going to be much better but everything just feels awkward.

Ok so I'm playing on the seriesX and it pretty much runs like and looks shit. Hopefully on release it's going to be much better but everything just feels awkward.
Try it on PC. At last weekend I saw server with more than 100 player on it and a ms ping around 20 - 30. Today placebo and his team released an update on steam. I don't know if it's the same on the series x.

But btw it is early access of a better game than eFootball 2022 was, is and ever will be. Give them time and Arma4 will be great.

It's got loads of potential but I have to admit it is does run fairly choppy right now on Xbox SX - but then it's in "Game Preview" so it will get lots of optimisations I'm sure.

My biggest disappointment was getting to do "Conflict Mode" stuff in the training mode, which is really cool (moving resources from one base to another, setting up new bases etc.) - the kind of stuff I wish more games had - and then not being able to play that mode online (only the "Capture & Hold Mode", which is close-quarters combat that feels a bit CoDdy and not what ArmA is typically all about)!

Not tried it as yet, as too many mixed reviews about the game on Steam and other places.

Content seems to be lacking and seems to be a BETA for the new engine.

Also worried that it has been released on console which is never a good sign when it comes to keeping things a simulation, and with Chris stating there is a mode that feels like COD, really doesn't convince me.

Either, I will wait till it is cheaper, or just wait for Arma 4.

Oh it looks like not being able to play Conflict mode online is unintentional, I thought it might be being purposefully restricted due to instability issues or the worry that everyone coming from Battlefield/CoD will just be running around like knobheads and ruin it for everyone - but looking at this thread, there's a reply from someone having the same issue as me (i.e. Capture & Hold mode works, Conflict doesn't):

What about other vehicles types ... will they be included in Reforger ?? I mean, ARMA without tanks, planes and helicopters simply does not count for me -- even though i like general feeling of the game so far.

Back
Top Bottom