eFootball (All Platforms)

These scripted slow-downs and all the other interfering with the player you're supposed to be controlling and dubious physics outcomes are fundamental to how PES on the Fox engine works. It's been like this for years but is probably even more obvious now because they've not got round to trying to disguise it. The game is on rails and always will be until they rebuild it from the ground up, like they promised a couple of years ago that they were going to do, and then didn't bother.
Yepp ,that slowing down when getting the ball has been in Pes forever (feels like it) but since 19 it's been worse by each game

Five stages of grief.

i ascended beyond, i first took the red pill then the purple one, and at the end the black one, now whenever i look at these things like this game right here i need to temporarily descend, its manageble.

:LMAO:

--

@ R2 / analog sprint

at first when you press the trigger: dead zone, nothing happens.
second stage: you achieve the same speed the player was prior, say the player was on rail already a bit running, that happens most of the time
third stage: just now ~ 75% pressed in, he runs faster and you feel difference
last stage: full speed

so you gain one extra step of speed control (third stage) vs digital/shoulder button, but you also lose time, because you need to analog press it through the stages, if you will
=
there is nothing to "learn" here or "adapt" to, you either like it or not, just a gimmick imo

konami is so lazy they didn't even put another online event in the last maintainance (last thurstday)
what are we honestly hopping for here with a minor 0.0.1 bump in version?

Let's remain calm, responsible and level-headed. No rash decisions and no extreme comments or behavior.

But if the game sucks after the hotfix and the 1.0.0 patch, let's hunt down the developers and force them into a 'Squid Games' scenario where we kill every one of them and broadcast it to their watching family. Plus we level Konami HQ with a drone strike.
a bit extreme, the devs have no blame. it's not like this is a startup company that has no QA team assigned to the project.
the blame stands on those that approved the direction the series is going and its release...and of course bhatti. man do I hate that jester yes-man
"the game would speak for itself" - adam bhatti. I don't want to be mean, but he surely deserves a jump kick in that lying stupid face

LOLOL Konami still taking the piss. They dont fucking care anymore. Just check the "news" on their offiial website.

https://www.konami.com/efootball/en/topic/news/21

##########
Known Issues 19/10/2021 Announcements
Update (30/09/2021)

See below for a list of issues recently confirmed by the dev team.

・ Some commands stop working correctly if the 'Physical Defending' command is attributed to a different button from the initial setting.
Please avoid changing the button attribution for this command until a fix is implemented for this issue.

・ Some players are shown as a floating suit, or disappear entirely, in the pre-match cutscene.

We are currently hard at work on ways to either fix or improve all known issues.

See the notice released along with each update to check which issues have been fixed.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
###########

Oh and you have this exclusively for PC people:

#########
・The bottom part of the screen flickers during a match if you set the Display Quality to 'High'.
You can avoid this issue by going to [Extras] > [Game Settings] > [Screen] > [Display Quality] > [Custom] then changing the setting of [Turf] from 'High' to 'Medium'.
#########

Hahahaha, so the grass is utterly shite right now, and instead of fix it, they tell you to reduce the detail even more so it dont flicker...

I guess we will se not much difference in 9 days when they release the patch. Probably they will make +1 speed default, and say that responsiveness is fixed, and thats it.

Better than PES 3? Better than PES 5? Better than PES 2013? Better than PES 2017? Better than PES 2019?

So it´s also holiday season in the nuthouse? :WASTED:
To be honest yes.
While I had a lot of fun with the old ps2 PES games, I can't play them for a long time now days. Too clunky and once you have learned the gimmick than ML is too easy. They have their place in my memory as great games playing with my friends for nights on end.
The problem with the newer PES games is that the dribbeling is shit, specialy compared to the PES games since 2017...
eFootball I can finally dribble like I used to be able to do on the PS2, together with modern mechanics and freedom of play that the newer PES games have tried to give.

It has big massive problems, I agree, but if you objectively look at the gameplay it is better than the previous PES games have been. Graphically it's shit and it has some strange AI problems and stupid bugs, but it's a better game.

Hello everyone,

I have a technical issue with eFootball on my PC. The game is stuttering for some time during matches. There are seconds when it's running fluent with 60fps, but then there are moments when it's really stuttering.

I tried different resolutions, windowed mode etc. but no change.

My PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
GeForce 3060 Ti
Windows 10 21H1
Newest NVidia driver

One thing I could see is in HWInfo that the GPU is running between 80 and 110 watts. Normally when I play games it uses the whole ~200 watts.

What could it ne?

Hello everyone,

I have a technical issue with eFootball on my PC. The game is stuttering for some time during matches. There are seconds when it's running fluent with 60fps, but then there are moments when it's really stuttering.

I tried different resolutions, windowed mode etc. but no change.

My PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
GeForce 3060 Ti
Windows 10 21H1
Newest NVidia driver

One thing I could see is in HWInfo that the GPU is running between 80 and 110 watts. Normally when I play games it uses the whole ~200 watts.

What could it ne?
the game is poorly ass ported and optimized for PC, that's it...

To be honest yes.
While I had a lot of fun with the old ps2 PES games, I can't play them for a long time now days. Too clunky and once you have learned the gimmick than ML is too easy. They have their place in my memory as great games playing with my friends for nights on end.
The problem with the newer PES games is that the dribbeling is shit, specialy compared to the PES games since 2017...
eFootball I can finally dribble like I used to be able to do on the PS2, together with modern mechanics and freedom of play that the newer PES games have tried to give.

It has big massive problems, I agree, but if you objectively look at the gameplay it is better than the previous PES games have been. Graphically it's shit and it has some strange AI problems and stupid bugs, but it's a better game.

So it's fashion here to just hate the game?
I'm just giving my honest opinion.
I don't hate the game I can't hate something that's in such a wretched and deplorable state. The game is currently still in pre-alpha status, so personally I can't take anyone too seriously who says it's better than all the PES games before. But of course that's just my opinion, if you have fun with the game and if it's the best football game ever for you... perfect.

I don't hate the game I can't hate something that's in such a wretched and deplorable state. The game is currently still in pre-alpha status, so personally I can't take anyone too seriously who says it's better than all the PES games before. But of course that's just my opinion, if you have fun with the game and if it's the best football game ever for you... perfect.

Of course, I agree on all points with You, I have suspended My own impressions until we have a stable offering with more content. It should never have been unleashed the way it is, it would have been far better waiting 2 months for what could be perceived as a stable release.

Question is, have they deliberately set up their stall to use the customer base as guinea pigs? They can collect more appropriate feedback and deal with the reported issues better that way, than they are able to actually testing it themselves ?

Konami could have done themselves a massive favour by announcing & releasing this as a playable alpha with known issues, pending full release, but hindsight is no tool at all.

Konami could have done themselves a massive favour by announcing & releasing this as a playable alpha with known issues
I honestly think they are just to proud to do something like this.
Your point about guinea pigs might as well be the nail on the head.
But they wouldnt admit it.

Thing I dont understand is this magical windsor built, that allegedly did not have many issues. If that version was from July - why is it not out yet as day 1 patch?
Why the patch is scheduled for the end of October and why do they say they are gathering all the issues as they go.
Surely if there was a better version - they should have updated that first and then gather a feedback on issues in updated version.

As it stands - I had a good laugh at all the memes. And now I just moved on.
Didnt download the game, might do it further down the line, but the whole eFootball fiasco is a clusterfuck from the moment it was announced.

I honestly think they are just to proud to do something like this.
Your point about guinea pigs might as well be the nail on the head.
But they wouldnt admit it.

Thing I dont understand is this magical windsor built, that allegedly did not have many issues. If that version was from July - why is it not out yet as day 1 patch?
Why the patch is scheduled for the end of October and why do they say they are gathering all the issues as they go.
Surely if there was a better version - they should have updated that first and then gather a feedback on issues in updated version.

As it stands - I had a good laugh at all the memes. And now I just moved on.
Didnt download the game, might do it further down the line, but the whole eFootball fiasco is a clusterfuck from the moment it was announced.
I think it's worth downloading just to get a basic idea of how the game feels like. Like the responsiveness, dribbling and control scheme, I doubt these things will change with further updates.

But currently the game straight up feels like PESLite because of the lack of content and teams.

Actually now that I think of it, were the hell is myclub? I didn't even see that and only saw some online events. So technically its more stripped down than PESLite in a way.

So it's fashion here to just hate the game?
I'm just giving my honest opinion.

There's definitely an element of that, certainly beyond the walls of this forum. Many flatly object to eFootball and had their minds made up about this game long ago. And boy did Konami serve up plenty of ammo for them. I'm not a fan of it but I'm all memed out.

Rather than comparing them now, do you think eFootball is a better game in 2021 than PES5 was in 2005?

I think it's worth downloading just to get a basic idea of how the game feels like. Like the responsiveness, dribbling and control scheme, I doubt these things will change with further updates
I did play New Football Game test back in July. And since New Football Game file magically turned into eFootball on consoles - I presume gameplay and controls are the same, or very similar.
I thought dribbling and defending had potential, but everything else - from physics, animations, shot/pass variety, AI runs, missing controls - everything felt flat. Like a new game from indie studio. On top of that - two big issues from Pes were carried over to the new version - ball awareness and referee logic.
Hence I cant see a point trying it again until they at least attempt to patch it.
(But with player/ball awareness and referees - they've been trying to patch it for years now and the only fix for referees they found was to get rid of fouls altogether (Pes18). So my optimism is struggling here.)

Better than PES 3? Better than PES 5? Better than PES 2013? Better than PES 2017? Better than PES 2019?

So it´s also holiday season in the nuthouse? :WASTED:
If he likes it ok, but iti is not fair to talk to him like that.

If this thread is all about eFootball hate fine, but this attitude is wrong and bad for this and PES community generally.

Last edited:
I appreciate & read all the posts. Even if I disagree, I am still curious to know what aspects people enjoy.

So when I said post more videos, I meant it. Everyone might focus on a different detail & we gain more insight in general.
I want to see how this story unfolds. It's more interesting to me, than world politics at the minute. :LOL:

Of all the players on the pitch, it's freakin luke shaw 😂

Also nothing new, lol.

Indeed nothing new...

But to be honest, I´m playing my ML 2021 for the 7th season now and I haven´t had that animation for one single time.
I don´t even remember if I had it at all in PES 2021.
Haven´t I seen your post, I would have totally forgotten about this.

And this is one of the problems of this game.
You see stuff which you like, which is a fine addition to the game and then it gets lost with updates.
For example I remember the keeper animation when they dive to the side and roll on the floor instead of just falling.
Must have been PES 2018 or 2019...maybe 2020....I just remember that this animation disappeared from he game by following updates.

So I suggest...enjoy it as long as it´s in the game^^.

Back
Top Bottom