efootball 2022: Constuctive Criticism and Feedback

flokiman

Premiership
12 January 2012
This is a post in which we are going to gather all points that need to be fixed.
Please avoid abstract/nonsense comments, try to be specific and short.
I'll make a start, please correct some misspells, grammar/syntax errors.

Menu
  • Button lag in menus
  • Color pattern is too eye stressing

Graphics
  • Absence of any kind of antialiasing or bad scaling, too jagged edges
  • Bad, oversaturated grass textures
  • Low quality crowd animation
  • Net physics are almost absent
  • 60 fps cap needs to be removed for 120/144 hz monitors
  • Resolution are limited for PC version, and no option for v-sync
  • Yellow card indicator above player head is actually orange!

Gameplay
  • Collision bugs, unnatural body interactions / bad referee decisions
  • Clipping in body parts and between bodies and the ball
  • Pass /shoot power bar sometimes is inconsistent
  • Several awareness issues when players let the ball pass by them
  • L2 defending is overpowered
  • Ball bouncing is sometimes too spongy, especially in short passes
  • Ball sometimes rolls too much and travels to far (like there is no friction)
  • No power bar in free kicks/corners kicks
  • Players sometimes leave the ball behind
  • Ball sometimes hovers over the pitch in set pieces
  • Jostling and physical defending lead to weird body deformation/teleport and physics glitches most of the time

Last edited:
Its just broken, collision system,shooting, players ignoring the ball when its passes close to them, its got all the old faults, and loads of new ones, yellow cards showing orange dear oh dear me, my favourite game ever totally ruined!

I know the idea was to keep it specific and short, but personally I have a hard time writing that way, I usually write essays even when I don't mean to, so my list ended up not being too objective, but either way I think this is a good idea and I tried being as constructive as I could, hopefullly the game does get fixed in future updates.

---

*Menu*

All of the menus have lag, even for playing only offline, which makes no sense, the worst one is the Game Plan screen, which sometimes gives me the impression that the game crashed.
2. It needs an entire visual identity change, the logo, the font and the color scheme are all eye sores. All of the UI looks bad besides the team selection, with the world map, and kit selection, in the dressing room, so just hire whoever did the UI in PES2011/PES2012 to do an overhaul.
3. Game Plan not only lags, like mentioned before, but it looks awful horizontally, make it vertical like before, and give us actual tactics again, customization, instead of 5 preset choices with no variation or depth.
4. Besides looking awful and lagging, the UI is also counter intuitive, a lot of options are hidden with submenus of other submenus, it's a chore to keep pressing so many buttons only to get somewhere.

---

*Graphics*

In the PS4 version, though I imagine it's the same on other versions, the turfs are hideous, they got it right on PES2019, I don't understand, just try to either put the PES2019 turfs back in the game, hire modders to make new ones, or just use textures from previous titles like PES2010/PES2011/PES2012/PES2013 which were all 2D textures, but looked decent.
2. Crowds need an overhaul, they look like something straight out of a zombie game, I guess Konami did use the Silent Hills assets for something afterall.
3. In the PS4 there's no one actually putting the ball back into play, it just gets thrown from the sidelines by a ghost or something.
4. Net physics need to be like Football Kingdom or FIFA22, it's 2021, Konami has no justification to have worse net physics than in previous titles.
5. Yellow card indicator is too big, and it's orange, which is odd.

---

*Gameplay*

On the default pass assist settings, the passing is too weak, the ball rolls as if it was stuck in mud, which makes it easy for the CPU to always intercept it, which leaves the player no choice besides through balls or safe passes to the side.
2. At times the players feel like they have no weight to them, while at others it feels like they had a huge meal just before the match, their inertia is so off, changing direction can sometimes take so long, like they've implemented tank controls or something, it feels like I have to drag them along the pitch, player movement was one of the best things in PES, I have no idea what they did here, it feels like I'm fighting the controls, like the players don't want to go where I'm telling them to go.
3. CPU defenders always catch up to the wingers, even if the wingers have a long head start, the defenders run up to them like homing missiles and then do the whole physical defending which causes the terrible animation bugs we're seeing online, which either results in a foul or in the defender getting the ball after harassing the winger, every single time.
4. Player awareness is awful, at times it feels as if the players have no idea what's going on, where they are or what they're supposed to be doing, they don't intercept anything on their own, even if the ball goes right by their side, which leads to weird and frustrating moments.
5. Still regarding player awareness, the AI for the defenders can be a pain, everytime you switch to a defender it feels like they've turned on after being in hibernation before it, also they sometimes go forward instead of dropping back, even when there's a player on the wing running forward, those wrong decisions leave the defence open.
6. Player switching is terrible, it almost never switches to the player it's supposed to, and using the right stick feels less responsive than before, also using L1 mostly makes it switch between the same 2 or 3 players, and it's never the one player you actually want it to switch to.
7. L2 pretty much messes up the whole manual defending system they were going for, it feels even more automatic and effective than previous titles, and it causes the weird collision bugs too, it's also what makes defenders look like homing missiles, just like the CPU ones.

who is this directed at, if i may ask?
because i am confident in stating that not one dev will see this, or care for that matter, niche of a niche of a...
--

- anyway, the easiest to implement advice i can give is to change the secondary press behaviour on the quick counter tactics, so more often two not just one player actually tries to do something, its like the most little step they can adjust to atleast give some players a better experience and not change the overall design of the game/controls, but surely they wont do even that :LOL:

other than that all the other stuff mentioned is nothing big (just bug lul) and can be fixed easily if they dare to care

@everyone #SaveEfootball please :

Konami only hear when EVERYONE ASK TOGETHER. We are going to send 19 suggestions to Konami in English, Spanish and Portuguese and help me. Follow the tutorial below, just download the files and copy the suggestions and send them to Konami, It will take only 3 minutes

Here are the links for you to download the 19 suggestions already ready to konami. Download the file in 3 languages:

text copy and paste in English

https://mega.nz/file/WxFzmAjJ#OxgLKJmmS-qvpZLKTmEo0hC81IvbEAeTQVeRbYLE6Z0

Archivo pegar y colar in Spañol

https://mega.nz/file/ewc1gC4T#s5hDL7Hcz-OW_vFc7UCLJtJ6aqES2x27vms3bsblQX0

Arquivo copiar e colar em Português

https://mega.nz/file/fwVXEIgJ#VZdylRz_Ep5gVSQmJVk1kKH81AZOdVD2bCVLBkowLcI

Website official Konami in English
https://www.konami.com/efootball/support/cs/en-us/

FIX AND ADD THE FOLLOWING THINGS TO THE GAME PLEASE:

- The game needs to be Optimized to 60 FPS
- Polish the graphics and make them 4K in gameplay and replays
- Improvements in the Collision System and Body Game
- Improvement of the turf, make it at 4K
- Add Dynamic Weather and have a choice of 3 match times, morning, afternoon and night
- Add settings option in game with 4K resolutions
- The fans need to be fixed, adjust the LOD away, they look like Zombies when the camera moves, the fans are repeated, add different fan models including fans wearing the home team jersey
- Rebuild the goal nets from scratch and change the physics, design, colors and models
- Redo the penalty kick animations from scratch
- Improved player response
- Improvements in players' facial expressions
- Improvements in the players' shoulder and arm, the Biceps are disproportionate to the body
- Balance of Passes
- Back to ball cut option with X + []
- Add new animations for kicks, passes, referees and goalkeepers in every game update. The ones we see in the game are out of date for years.
- Adding substitutes on the bench, players warming up and coaches at the edge of the field
- Add field medical care
- Add advanced tactics menu
- Change the color of the replacement menu and place it vertically as it was before

Read the suggestions, and let me know....The game will be great, but we have to request these things to konami together!

Thank you
A.PNGB.PNGC.PNG

Last edited:
Bro, i assume they're all aware of it. It's just like @its999maggle said : the boss decided to "higher" wanted to release it that day.
I assume also if they didn't resigned, it's more about Japanese mentaly or that their new director is kinda reassuring them... We don't know whatever.
They will focus on fix it. It's practically sure. The issue is WHEN and What's after? I mean when it's +- bug free (let's say old Fifa level with some funny bugs remaining but rare and acceptable) still the rest : gameplay, mode, add (details), and more than ever if they will regain what they completely lost : credibility.

That release was a big straight in the face and 10 seconds to get up > let's say before or just on 2022. Close to the K.O.
And we're on the 6th round and their opponent (which is their past self called PES, and nobody else) have won the last 6 rounds.
The hope is they are resistants. How long they resisted vs EA licences/exclusivities? Since PES 6. But the ambiance was better and the coachs, the training place, the training scheme, the will of the boxer was better, he invented a new boxing style no one could replicate.

After, even Mr Quinton which is very severe with Konami said "the game as potential". But Potential could be fucked up because of the pressure and time and entourage, and devs could totally break up if the ambiance is still shitty. We saw some pics of how it should look like from Durandil. But not moving. Just photo. You can conclude that the game could look good on picture, that's all. But it's not a Point'n'click.

Back
Top Bottom