eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Not even sure it's possible to get pes21 season update for pc anymore. Has'nt it been removed from all sites so nowhere to purchase it now?

I would like to know if when passing and shooting are set to manual if player attributes (passing and shooting) have any influence.
Or if the success of the move will only depend on who is controlling the player (me in this case)
??

I would like to know if when passing and shooting are set to manual if player attributes (passing and shooting) have any influence.
Or if the success of the move will only depend on who is controlling the player (me in this case)
??
You can always try it out on the training pitch ,take a few shots with a 60 OVR player Vs a 90 OVR.
Right answer is stats matter (I play PA0 in my ML)

??
If PES players & members of this forum, were not exhausted by KONAMI's Bullcrap, I would grab my popcorn for this debate... But...:SNACK:

Last edited:
Ive searched for digital copies for Xbox (since this is a console thread..)
And you can find them ,but all very shifty copies.
No key/code but an account with it installed (need to add new account etc etc and can't be played on a 2nd Xbox)
Guess that's similar on PS

Still a great title this started playing again a few days back. Why oh why Konami didn't use this as a base and introduce new animations and ai using the power of the console I will never understand.
Me neither ,such a dumb ass decision.
They could easily to what they're doing with 22 as a lite version for myclubbers instead.
Horrible decision.

I love this game, seriously the best footy game around.

I only play exhibition, slight caveat there, however with some edits to players on a team (inc skills, COM traits, ability etc) and setting team up using fluid formation this game plays a very nice game indeed. And I love the individual skill and look of the worlds players.

I love this game, seriously the best footy game around.

I only play exhibition, slight caveat there, however with some edits to players on a team (inc skills, COM traits, ability etc) and setting team up using fluid formation this game plays a very nice game indeed. And I love the individual skill and look of the worlds players.
I really enjoyed some of the earlier patches of pes 21 but it was ruined post Xmas 2020. But after FIFA 22 NG it was impossible to go back to it. The AI goals and build up are so samey , fouls were reduced to almost zero and penalties non existent.

I've been searching for a digital copy on various sites (Xbox) and it's impossible ,a few flags that they have it (account being sold) but once in its always out of stock.
Even discs are tough to find

Is there anyone here who plays PES 2021 on a jailbroken ps4 console with pc patches and mods? If there is, please get in touch with me, me and my friend are are trying to create a ps4 console pc mod/patches support group/thread/forum for console players. Tired of playing vanilla pes on console.

Is there anyone here who plays PES 2021 on a jailbroken ps4 console with pc patches and mods? If there is, please get in touch with me, me and my friend are are trying to create a ps4 console pc mod/patches support group/thread/forum for console players. Tired of playing vanilla pes on console.
SmokePatch PS4 Jailbroken

Maybe a little bit off topic
I suddenly remember this video
It just reminds me how the game got destoryed instantly after the demo
Now when I turn on 2021 to play a few matches, I couldn't find more than 5 ai attack patterns
Or I should say they are all repetitive and boring

I really enjoyed some of the earlier patches of pes 21 but it was ruined post Xmas 2020. But after FIFA 22 NG it was impossible to go back to it. The AI goals and build up are so samey , fouls were reduced to almost zero and penalties non existent.
After replaying PES 2021, i got the opposite. There's so much logic in movement and physics than i just can't launch any other Fifa before the 17.
The 22 is the worst, AI got more variety, but i don't care. As long as it's superhuman stuff on the pitch, it's not for me.

(Edit)
Or the "super" PES 2013 with players with no weight, and looking like the engine was stretched in every sense, players double tackling with the exact same animations, ball as light as the players, floating like never... All saying is good because of "the AI". Like if nothing else matters. To me, it matters, but in terms of difficulty much more than variety. But Physics, passing, contacts, stats, ball physics are more important to me. Well, i never played it with mods so all i said is about Vanilla version for every games.

While PES 21 got physics right, and challenge that's all i'm asking, i'm okay. On everything / even if the motions while dribbling should be more like Efootball 22, smoother (please, not like FIFA 22 with zero weight influence);

When your defence is so passive and the space between player so big, it's kinda easy to get tons of patterns than when your defence are solid and much more physical. It's open bar everywhere on Fifa. Skills/Feint are just for show, some in PES are really to surprise or pass a opponent.

There's challenge on PES 21 except if you play on Top Player for the sake of playing manual and not loosing too much lol, if you play always the same way, posed, constructive, slow etc., the CPU will attack the same way too.... I admit it's basic, but as you're like playing slowly and constructive, it's kinda normal that you will get the same reaction from the CPU / Knowing that PES 21 is pretty defensive, well to me it's more balanced i should say, as moving/passing/shooting isn't hard, like every football game (the difference if the logic is kept)

Defending like Futsal is a no. Not the thread but the 22 is not the best example of "the other game" i would take. To me it's the worst i've played with the 20 and the 15. Everything foot-ballistic feels so easy to do; while in reality...

Last edited:
After replaying PES 2021, i got the opposite. There's so much logic in movement and physics than i just can't launch any other Fifa before the 17.
The 22 is the worst, AI got more variety, but i don't care. As long as it's superhuman stuff on the pitch, it's not for me.

Or the "super" PES 2013 with players with no weight, and looking like the engine was stretched in every sense, players double tackling with the exact same animations, ball as light as the players, floating like never... All saying is good because of "the AI". Like if nothing else matters. To me, it matters, but in terms of difficulty much more than variety. But Physics, passing, contacts, stats, ball physics are more important to me.

While PES 21 got physics right, and challenge that's all i'm asking, i'm okay. On everything / even if the motions while dribbling should be more like Efootball 22, smoother (please, not like FIFA 22 with zero weight influence);

When your defence is so passive and the space between player so big, it's kinda easy to get tons of patterns than when your defence are solid and much more physical. It's open bar everywhere on Fifa. Skills/Feint are just for show, some in PES are really to surprise or pass a opponent.

There's challenge on PES 21 except if you play on Top Player for the sake of playing manual and not loosing too much lol, if you play always the same way, posed, constructive, slow etc., the CPU will attack the same way too.... I admit it's basic, but as you're like playing slowly and constructive, it's kinda normal that you will get the same reaction from the CPU / Knowing that PES 21 is pretty defensive, well to me it's more balanced i should say, as moving/passing/shooting isn't hard, like every football game (the difference if the logic is kept)

Defending like Futsal is a no. Not the thread but the 22 is not the best example of "the other game" i would take. To me it's the worst i've played with the 20 and the 15. Everything foot-ballistic feels so easy to do; while in reality...
Well, actually... you defend kinda the same way in football than in futsal, in terms of holding space in front of defender, but the whole thing with football is that there's so much space.

This makes that when you'r space is covered or you're in a tight space, you defend more or less like in futsal, but in other circumstances, you can't. For me, PES 2021 needs to have a bit more fluid dribbling moves, on one side, and on the other, needs to have better out of the pitch modes, stamina system aswell, etc. etc.

Btw, I think that FIFA has more modding potential than PES but... there's also so much more to fix. Like there are more things to touch, both in terms of things to fix and in variables to change as to be able to do that.

Well, actually... you defend kinda the same way in football than in futsal, in terms of holding space in front of defender, but the whole thing with football is that there's so much space.

This makes that when you'r space is covered or you're in a tight space, you defend more or less like in futsal, but in other circumstances, you can't. For me, PES 2021 needs to have a bit more fluid dribbling moves, on one side, and on the other, needs to have better out of the pitch modes, stamina system aswell, etc. etc.
Not with 2 meters of distance like in Fifa about the "Futsal" containing with zero contact. That's what i meaned in fact.

The way i defend naturally like someone said here too, was with pressing or blocking a bit like Jockeying when you're in the big rectangle to avoid fault.

It's more natural to press on football or Jockeying than containing with meters (it looks the same but closer) or distance but well, you're not wrong in certain certain situations like in the big rectangle.
But overall on the pitch, you can watch games you'll see more pressure except teams which play counter (me too when i try to play counter, i avoid pressure and playing more "jockey"... But not all the match. EDIT/ Or try to cut the lines, intercept often with sliding tackles Here i'm talking in game lol i never been good for sliding tackling in real haha)

Edit: about Modding, let's say that Frostbite is younger and seem less restricted. Even if PES 2021 is an "advanced" in terms of physics version of Fox. Or more restored some 2014 stuffs and mastered i should say.

Now Efootball engine, no idea ATM as it can't be compared to the 9.1 etc. and is supposed to evolve at every new version release.

Last edited:
Not with 2 meters of distance like in Fifa about the "Futsal" containing with zero contact. That's what i meaned in fact.

The way i defend naturally like someone said here too, was with pressing or blocking a bit like Jockeying when you're in the big rectangle to avoid fault.

It's more natural to press on football or Jockeying than containing with meters (it looks the same but closer) or distance but well, you're not wrong in certain certain situations like in the big rectangle.
But overall on the pitch, you can watch games you'll see more pressure except teams which play counter (me too when i try to play counter, i avoid pressure and playing more "jockey"... But not all the match. EDIT/ Or try to cut the lines, intercept often with sliding tackles Here i'm talking in game lol i never been good for sliding tackling in real haha)

Edit: about Modding, let's say that Frostbite is younger and seem less restricted. Even if PES 2021 is an "advanced" in terms of physics version of Fox. Or more restored some 2014 stuffs and mastered i should say.

Now Efootball engine, no idea ATM as it can't be compared to the 9.1 etc. and is supposed to evolve at every new version release.
As long as I know, eFootball uses UE for processing the image and all that, textures, etc. but animations and physics are all Fox Engine. Don't know how true is that, though.

Which is the recent Live Update mate? I think the last live update was on 08/07/2021. I tested by applying Live Update the next week, 15/07/2021 and the Live Update assets version was still 08/07/2021.
You mean that one, or a more recent? Cause i started updating squads for next season and don't want to mess database stuff again.
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-24332
Bro, do you still keep the 08/07/2021 liveupdate assets file? I really need it.

Bro, do you still keep the 08/07/2021 liveupdate assets file? I really need it.
Hello mate. Unfortunately I'm on PS4, so those assets, AFAIK can only be used only by my own PS network account, they are encrypted by SONY somehow. By what I've seen when i checked the files on PC. I can't even use it, in the same console for my secondary account. When i tried to transfer via USB, it was reading it as empty.

Last edited:
Hello mate. Unfortunately I'm on PS4, so those assets, AFAIK can only be used only by my own PS network account, they are encrypted by SONY somehow. By what I've seen when i checked the files on PC. I can't even use it, in the same console for my secondary account. When i tried to transfer via USB, it was reading it as empty.
Thanks, bro! Just a few days ago, after I applied the latest liveupdate, I found Neymar lost his tattoo, which had been added via the liveupdate on 08/07/2021 , on my PC. So I guess KONAMI had updated another liveupdate assets flies then and deleted the tattoo and so many items including the iconic moment Neymar's miniface. But it just was my guess. So is it convenient for you to check out on your PS4 that whether Neymar still has the tattoo after the latest liveupdate? (Remember to back up the file)

It really annoys me because I am trying to edit and perfect the game so I don't want to lose every material from the official which are usually higher quality than the mods. Anyway, thanks you for your reply to a comment nearly a year after. :)

Thanks, bro! Just a few days ago, after I applied the latest liveupdate, I found Neymar lost his tattoo, which had been added via the liveupdate on 08/07/2021 , on my PC. So I guess KONAMI had updated another liveupdate assets flies then and deleted the tattoo and so many items including the iconic moment Neymar's miniface. But it just was my guess. So is it convenient for you to check out on your PS4 that whether Neymar still has the tattoo after the latest liveupdate? (Remember to back up the file)

It really annoys me because I am trying to edit and perfect the game so I don't want to lose every material from the official which are usually higher quality than the mods. Anyway, thanks you for your reply to a comment nearly a year after. :)
Yo pal.... Haven't forgot you...I have my little rascals a little bit sick this week (for the 12.345th time this year :( ) , so i am away of my console at nights.... Doing some nursing at nights.... Once i have the chance, i will log in and have you some screenshots.

You need the neck tatto. or all the tattos? hands, side-neck, etc...

Also @wir_leben_dich before i do a proper research in PS4, i checked a video of mine, back from Sept.2021, and he seems to carry his tattoos, if you notice in video from 19:51 to 19:55 that camera zooms the focus to Neymar celebrating. I think the left tattoo is obvious fromthumbnail.

Either way i will check via edit mode, for any case..

I have my little rascals a little bit sick this week (for the 12.345th time this year :( ) ,
I am sorry to hear that, mate. Hope everything all right!🙏🙏🙏
You need the neck tatto. or all the tattos? hands, side-neck, etc...
Taking all the tattoos is better. And if it's possible, could you please check whether the iconic neymar 's miniface still exists? (which I think you can find in the MyClub mode). I guess they exists in the same liveupdate file, so as long as the tattoo is lost, the miniface would also be invisible.
Either way i will check via edit mode, for any case..
Honestly speaking, I am really moved by all your efforts because for this I have asked so many people but few of them provided me even a simple reply.😥 You and your video give me really a lot helpful infomation.👍

I am sorry to hear that, mate. Hope everything all right!🙏🙏🙏

Taking all the tattoos is better. And if it's possible, could you please check whether the iconic neymar 's miniface still exists? (which I think you can find in the MyClub mode). I guess they exists in the same liveupdate file, so as long as the tattoo is lost, the miniface would also be invisible.

Honestly speaking, I am really moved by all your efforts because for this I have asked so many people but few of them provided me even a simple reply.😥 You and your video give me really a lot helpful infomation.👍
hahaha...You are welcome mate...Thank you for your kind words....So back to your question, tattoos on Neymar are all there after the last update of PES 2021 in PS4, so i assume you are on PC and you are using some of those modded databases..

This is from my check in game last night:

hahaha...You are welcome mate...Thank you for your kind words....So back to your question, tattoos on Neymar are all there after the last update of PES 2021 in PS4, so i assume you are on PC and you are using some of those modded databases..

This is from my check in game last night:

Thanks, mate! The game gets very very weird right now. I bet I didn't edit anywhere in this game but no matter how I tried, again and again, the tattoo just could not appear in this damn shit game:BRICK:. Maybe Konami applied two different strategies on PC and console, I guess????......

If someone can check it on pc, things could become more clearer. 😥

OMG, I konw how things get wrong! The tattoo and the face are all in the ExtraUpdate.bin. For extracting the items, I only need to rename the .bin to .cpk............. I reinstalled the game and found the ExtraUpdate.bin is totally different from the one I had before which is only 7KB in size. And this is the new one.......

啊啊十大.png

I play PES for 7 years and I never knew there is a ExtraUpdate.bin in the DOWNLOAD file. :BRICK:

I really hope they won't block the ted and image import after they will stop on end June, as you need to be connected.
Because i may got something to share in the coming months, i'll see if it's doable and how much time it will took.
Hesitating between two options.... But well, i'll see it later.

Well they didn't with others versions. Just a message that you're connected to Konami servers but it's "empty" or something like that. You still can import a full pack of Teds, and it's the "same game" as the others so... The issue for myself is only about image import, as all American will be covered by USL (just because it's easier to recreate, and i prefers having Konami's OVR than the one we create. It will be more Asia and Europe Centric about realism. But those shitty 23 fakes teams needs to be covered... And doing Libertadores instead will be a pain for me as it's all creating, updating stats, not recopying and make +- the same OVR with corresponding stats.

Just that i don't like to do all for myself without sharing. Don't care about fame or stuff like that. There will be a small export (but long work) with America/Asia NT updated roster, as all rosters fits/correspond to the same period as Euro (i checked) and it's better to keep Euro teams with just stats updated in my opinion. Also i would like the option to erase all miniface and get PES 2015 gameplan with nothing. It's annoying if you want to overwrite a player by someone else, also when you completely change his face. PC don't have those problems, but as i don't like playing on PC +- current games (PS4 era games let's say, others era it's OK)

Will gives more info later. Just to at least keep the last PES on PS4 and because i love that version, already explained why. I'm playing it on PS5, but edit on PS4 pro before solding it.

Just one O.T. stuff : as i'm currently editing old-school PS2 very silent without DVD (but HDD instead), i'm not used any more by the console-plane noise, it's impossible to me to play any game on that console lol.
Even with a small cleaning, you got the noise divided in 2, but it's still perturbing, i was used to it, now i ain't no more at all. And i tried : it's the same on Digital games lol. So i don't care about patchs, even if i dream to jailbreak (which is impossible with the console update they ask dating from 2 years practically :( )

Last edited:
Would this ever happen in the other game? I guess not....how many times u wanna break the controller for such things

Back
Top Bottom