eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Hi, old feller here. Playing it since 1998! PS1 ! But
I recently got a Xbox Series X from my wife. I can't really find the information. Is it possible to install patches on the Series X for PES 2021 ? I have an old patch (with kits...) on the PS4 Pro. But I would like to play it on the Xbox Series X. And if yes, where do I find the best patches for it ? For Xbox Series X and also for PS4 Pro ? Thank you and greetings !
you cant patch on Xbox, havent been able since xbox 360

Bummer ! There is no import-function for the Xbox Version!? really !? I guess I need to play on the PS4. Can anybody hint me to the best OFs ? I am a bit lost. Season 22-23 full licensed teams am World Cup teams in Masterleague would be nice.

I installed a fresh patch from PESfutbol. It seems like I will be stuck with the PS4 and PES2021 forever. Will keep the PS only because of this. The new free-to-play ones look awful. Sad all goes to shit nowadays. For more than 20 years I played with my buddies on the coach or master league. I grown up with them or better I say I got old with them. Those winning eleven days were so exciting. So much fun through the years. FIFA is no option. This means PES 2021 will do it till my PS4 or me dies. :)

Bummer ! There is no import-function for the Xbox Version!? really !? I guess I need to play on the PS4. Can anybody hint me to the best OFs ? I am a bit lost. Season 22-23 full licensed teams am World Cup teams in Masterleague would be nice.
I miss X360 mods. They made they game even more incredible.

There seems to be one called the Next Season Patch 2023. That seems to look ok to me

I installed a fresh patch from PESfutbol. It seems like I will be stuck with the PS4 and PES2021 forever. Will keep the PS only because of this. The new free-to-play ones look awful. Sad all goes to shit nowadays. For more than 20 years I played with my buddies on the coach or master league. I grown up with them or better I say I got old with them. Those winning eleven days were so exciting. So much fun through the years. FIFA is no option. This means PES 2021 will do it till my PS4 or me dies. :)
When KONAMI announced the free to play abomination I urged everyone here to try and grab a copy of either FIFA 16 or PES 21. Now it's too late for many as these copies are sold for a fortune. I hope 2K steps in and announce something. Even just an English Premier League game would be fine for me.

Had a bit of a hiatus from the game. I think I'd got to the point with my Milan save, 8 seasons in, that my squad was so good, it wasn't pulling me into play.

So, tonight I'm starting the task of updating squads, players ratings and game plans. PesItalia Forum has a face base copy spreadsheet which is very useful, especially when creating new players.

Probably take a few weeks of tinkering but I'm going to test what I've done as I go with a few friendly matches, then I'll start a new ML once it's all sorted.

Had a bit of a hiatus from the game. I think I'd got to the point with my Milan save, 8 seasons in, that my squad was so good, it wasn't pulling me into play.

So, tonight I'm starting the task of updating squads, players ratings and game plans. PesItalia Forum has a face base copy spreadsheet which is very useful, especially when creating new players.

Probably take a few weeks of tinkering but I'm going to test what I've done as I go with a few friendly matches, then I'll start a new ML once it's all sorted.
PESitalia you mean pesteam.it? The excel by Melos? If yes, i am using the same, at this moment it's the most up to date. If want to spice things up, there is also this Youtube Channel, he did most of his suggestions in the beginning of PES 2021 life, so you will find players in clubs they were playing on September-November of 2020 and for some most recent teams, like Others Europe in summer of 2021 during the EURO 2020, but there are some nice alternatives.

https://www.youtube.com/@gregjordan1247

Slowly getting there with the editing to bring it up to date. I've added loads of new players with base copy faces, sorted all the Prem squads out as I plan to start a ML with my side, Villa, and the last task is to do some base copy faces for the Bundesliga.

I was going to try and fully up date all teams but that would take forever. I did find an OF and only replaced the Ted files for the squads but it wrecked everything I had spent days doing. Luckily I realised if I loaded edit data straight away, I'd get back what I'd done.

I've upped the overalls of about 100 young players, so I should see some different things happening in the ML.

I reckon a good stint over the weekend and I can fire up a ML.

Hello! I just got Ps4 with pes 2021 ...any recommendations for option files to have the game updated and make a good master league?

i think i'm finally going to break and get this. was thinking PC for the OFs (however it seems impossible to find a version or steam key) but if that OF above one is as good as everyone is saying then i'll just get a ps4 copy from CEX

i think i'm finally going to break and get this. was thinking PC for the OFs (however it seems impossible to find a version or steam key) but if that OF above one is as good as everyone is saying then i'll just get a ps4 copy from CEX
just download football life for pc for free. Its basically pes 21 with mods and you can add your own as it has sider. Its superb.

I have it running at 1080 medium settings on the steam deck docked 60fps, took a bit of configuring but what a machine that is

Tried it today and this option file is awesome.
And this is why:

I underestimated how much difference it makes to play with a updated squad. Being dutch i've been following ETH's ManU so i know the teams individual qualities and playing style more in depth then 2020's team and this makes it much easier to identity with / get into grips with the squad.

And this is why:

I underestimated how much difference it makes to play with a updated squad. Being dutch i've been following ETH's ManU so i know the teams individual qualities and playing style more in depth then 2020's team and this makes it much easier to identity with / get into grips with the squad.
But the purist in me must admit that I will always prefer a slower paced scrappy Serie A match with subtop teams, preferably controlling my purple-clad impassioned Fiorentina men. There is just nothing like it and to me it feels like two completely different games compared to the energetic PL matches with ManU:

Doesn't on mine , stutters all over the place when docked. Vsync 2 seems best performance. 1080 / 95% resolution and mainly medium settings gets me 60 fps

I've had PES2018 as my main football video game since 2018, and well, while I like it, me and my dad have gotten a bit sick of it, whenever you play a football video game way too much it's only natural that it'll get worse over time as you learn the ins and outs of it, it gets repetitive, which is why I never really saw the yearly model as a negative thing, it worked well enough, though I always thought that you should get a discount if you owned the previous installment. Anyways, it made sense to go for PES2021, I had already played the Lite version before Konami killed it, and enjoyed it for what it was, the main reason I didn't buy it back then was because PES2022 looked so promising, which is a somewhat ironic thing to look back on nowadays. Well, it was a pain to find an used copy for a fair price, after all it is, at least for now, the last ever PES, so people seem to see it as a bit of a relic or something, and I do sort of see it that way too, it's one of the reasons I went for it over PES2020 or something, and also because I recall enjoying the OST quite a bit, it was excellent.

I don't know if I'll be able to download the updates and data packs released for it over time, it's my 1st time buying a PS4 disc so long after the developers behind it moved on from it, though I'm not very optimistic and feel like I'll probably be stuck with version 1.0.0. or something. Anyways, as long as I can play a new football video game and no longer have to depend on Konami releasing offline modes for eFootball 2023, then I'm good. What am I in for here, lads?

Stay on version 1.0.0 it has the perfect game-play, it was ruined more and more with further updates. It's actually only way to play version 1.0.0 on consoles.
Well, I guess I got lucky then... how's version 1.0.0. compared to the other versions exactly? How did PES2021 change over time with each update? Is there a consensus among the community over which version played best or is there some controversy regarding if it was version 1.0.0. or some other later version?

Stay on version 1.0.0 it has the perfect game-play, it was ruined more and more with further updates. It's actually only way to play version 1.0.0 on consoles.
Would there be a way to revert the DPs on console?

I've had PES2018 as my main football video game since 2018, and well, while I like it, me and my dad have gotten a bit sick of it, whenever you play a football video game way too much it's only natural that it'll get worse over time as you learn the ins and outs of it, it gets repetitive, which is why I never really saw the yearly model as a negative thing, it worked well enough, though I always thought that you should get a discount if you owned the previous installment. Anyways, it made sense to go for PES2021, I had already played the Lite version before Konami killed it, and enjoyed it for what it was, the main reason I didn't buy it back then was because PES2022 looked so promising, which is a somewhat ironic thing to look back on nowadays. Well, it was a pain to find an used copy for a fair price, after all it is, at least for now, the last ever PES, so people seem to see it as a bit of a relic or something, and I do sort of see it that way too, it's one of the reasons I went for it over PES2020 or something, and also because I recall enjoying the OST quite a bit, it was excellent.

I don't know if I'll be able to download the updates and data packs released for it over time, it's my 1st time buying a PS4 disc so long after the developers behind it moved on from it, though I'm not very optimistic and feel like I'll probably be stuck with version 1.0.0. or something. Anyways, as long as I can play a new football video game and no longer have to depend on Konami releasing offline modes for eFootball 2023, then I'm good. What am I in for here, lads?
Glad to read of someone else who still plays football games with their dad. Mine's coming up to 80 years old but we still play random football games together. :)

Glad to read of someone else who still plays football games with their dad. Mine's coming up to 80 years old but we still play random football games together. :)
It makes me so glad too, to realize how special this thing I have going on with my dad actually is, and how there are others like me here who hold these special memories playing PES or FIFA with their dads too, it's so special. I'm glad your old man's still kicking, I hope both of us can play with our dads for a long time, because even though they're our dads, the moment we pick up the controllers... they become our bros.

Well, that copy of PES2021 that me and my dad have waited about a week for has arrived today, of course we immediately dove right in. I did play PES2021 Lite when it was a thing, so I guess that's the reason why it's at v1.07 at the moment, probably the last version from what I can remember, don't recall if it was well received among console players or not, anyways we kicked things off with a few 10min matches on Normal, assisted controls for both of us, and the new and shiny stadium camera. I immediately noticed a lot of good, which I already enjoyed in PES2021 Lite to begin with and knew would be here once more.

In comparison to PES2018, which is the last one I owned before this, players feel heavier and overall more prone to bad touches and passing error if they've got a lower rating... which is how it should be I think, they feel more like individuals and I can tell them apart more not just because they're in different places on the field, but because they play different and feel different even if I'm the one always in control, I did play some FUMA also and felt the same way, though assisted feels a lot better here than on other FOX PES installments to me. Once again the pace is just right and it all feels as it should on and off the ball.

However there were a few things that bothered us in this session right away. I don't know how Konami managed to take PES2019's superb lighting and turfs and turn it into this, it all looks so saturated, bright and cartoon like at times, with pitches looking like a toxic yellow especially at night, and the sun in day time being an eye sore every once in a while, I've adjusted the brightness and contrast settings, but I wonder if there's a way to make it look more pleasing, like in PES2019. Also, the referee's quite inconsistent when calling for fouls, and overall we've been getting way fewer than the CPU, which is a bummer, especially since conceding a free kick from short or mid range here is essentially a guaranteed goal, and penalty shootouts are pretty much impossible as the opponent goalkeeper seems to always know exactly where the ball's going, which it does, it's the CPU, but they used to be better at pretending they didn't know before.

I have the feeling that I'll enjoy this a lot in the long run, as I've enjoyed PES2018 for years despite its flaws, you just get used to them I suppose... or at least I hope so. Still, now I remember why I didn't buy this back then, because it didn't feel like a true jump... and PES2022 looked so promising. I hate you, Konami.

Back
Top Bottom