FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

My wish list for FIFA 18:

1- Better AI - better Awareness "Defenders just watching the player to pass by, they should be aware of the situation.. In reality I know that some attackers are just unstoppable, but this is different, the animation is not good enough to show defenders reflexes .. EA can make an animation of defenders at least trying to do something or being tired not just being stupid and watching attackers pass by in peace.

2- Player switch,,, I will quote someone who suffered from this problem: "I hate when the ball comes loose in midfield, it is rolling within reach of one of my players and they casually keep trotting along.

Meanwhile I'm feverishly spamming the button screaming "JUST GIVE ME THE FKN PLAYER".

I finally get control of him but I'm now a second too late and can't get to the ball on time.

Just typing this is getting my blood pressure up, argh this game."

3- More options in tactics, formations and instructions (real and effective options): I am the manager, when I say press I want to see my players pressing for real, when I gave my CDM an order to help my defenders he will effectively do that, when I gave my LW or RW an order to stay in attack he will not retreat..

4- Man mark order during a game: FIFA should add a new function to the game by pressing just one button, If you want to man mark a player during an attack (temporally) you have just to press that button and BANG.. He will mark him until the threat is over.. Also you can make this useful in attack by giving your player an order to wait in a certain place and wait for the ball or another order.

(I think playing FIFA 17 is my best experience in soccer video games -same as PES 5 was- and I hope for FIFA 18 to be even better)

Last edited:
I hope we're not locked to one specific player and no customisation, this year (same applies to managers - all I wanted was one with a beard).
That + EPL Manager faces were poorly implemented in 17; they have scanned all 20 manager faces but when you starter career with for example Mourinho & Mutd you have to select some generic face instead of scanned Mourinho. Silly.

I have to say 14 is the best one I have played in years. Here is hoping that they somehow see this and make 18's gameplay more like 14's.... FORGET 17 as it was CHOD!

Omg pls don't tell me you want the unresponsive player movements of FiFA 14 pls!

Did you play on Ps4 or Ps3? Idk about Ps4, but PS3, X360 and PC version had too much delay to analog stick response (Aka players take too time to turn around).

Or are you just talkin about the AI?

No as will use the same engine as FIFA 17.

Yeah, it's sad. Atleast the game is next gen and we have LoD tool thanks to Fidel.

Omg pls don't tell me you want the unresponsive player movements of FiFA 14 pls!

Did you play on Ps4 or Ps3? Idk about Ps4, but PS3, X360 and PC version had too much delay to analog stick response (Aka players take too time to turn around).

Or are you just talkin about the AI?

Yeah, it's sad. Atleast the game is next gen and we have LoD tool thanks to Fidel.
Talking about the AI mostly.

http://www.foxsports.it/2017/05/02/fifa-18-arrivo-miglioramenti-grafica-telecronaca/

google translate

Here are the first highlights of the next title of the great classic of EA Sports, FIFA 18 . The next annual appointment with the football videogame version - according to early rumors scheduled for September 23, 2017 - will bring with it new features and improvements, which as always are partly revealed in the months to satisfy the curiosity of many users already looking forward to next season.

We have already talked about the various possibilities with regard to the new cover man who will succeed Marco Reus (although it is not completely ruled out a confirmation of the German Borussia Dortmund), as well as the introduction of new championships, the Chinese Super League the Indian championship, through the German third division.

"The Journey" is confirmed, a real success of the latest version with the ability to grow Hunter, experiencing first hand his football career. This mode will undergo implementations and the ability to choose new stories. But these are not only the news that we will find in FIFA 18 , because the studies where you work on the Frostbite graphics engine , the one that deals with many targati Electronic Arts games, rumors emerge that will do great pleasure for gamers around the world.

A mention of the improvements to be introduced in FIFA 18 we thought directly Jonas Skantz, in charge of everything related to the graphics engine: special attention will be paid to the players and coaches skin, which thanks to a new and advanced system lighting will ensure a very real effect on the style just to be clear to one already used by Electronic Arts for Battlefield 1. His hair will suffer innovations and their movements will be much more realistic.

On of them you are working with motion blur, a sort of simulation of what happens in reality as a result of a rapid change of view, which is obtained (in a nutshell) activates leaving a part of the light of the previous scene.

Other improvements concern then as usual the players and coaches animations (the individual will also have them), as well as the perception of depth of field. This - as always explained by Skantz - will ensure a "television" effect, playing seem to really see a game on TV. It's not over yet: thanks to an anticipation of Caio Ribeiro (ex never exploded talent Inter and Napoli), today commentator of the Brazilian version of FIFA, we learn of additional lines in the commentary . And if there are in Brazil, it goes without saying that also cover the issue with Italian Pierluigi Pardo and Stefano Nava.

Always worries me when the early PR is graphics, graphics, graphics.

FIFA 17 was entirely about graphics (the switch to Frostbite at the cost of gameplay). I was convinced they could leave the graphics alone for a while now and concentrate on what matters, but, maybe not.

I am hoping for updates to Career mode and improvements to the AI.

The main thing that annoys me with FIFA 17 is the AI can only score goals from crossing or being super human on a counter attack.

Not too fussed about the graphics, as they look good enough on PC anyway.

I always will put Gameplay first.
But... do you guys think graphics were up to the task in FIFA 17? I honestly felt dissapointed.
At first I was suprisingly happy with it, but as time went on, I started feeling angry how plain and dull everything looks.

But... do you guys think graphics were up to the task in FIFA 17? I honestly felt dissapointed.
At first I was suprisingly happy with it, but as time went on, I started feeling angry how plain and dull everything looks.
I sort-of see your point - I played last weekend and during a loading screen, Jermaine Defoe appeared, and I laughed out loud. Really funny - looks nothing like him, physically or facially.

But. I honestly don't care. I'd care if all the graphics were terrible, don't get me wrong - but they're not, they're at worst (to be very harsh IMO) good enough. Give the graphics guys a year off and invest in the gameplay, please.

It feels so, so close to being special. Frostbite has really spoilt the game, in my opinion - the flow has gone, every action feels inconsistent to the point of being random. Underneath that, there's great moments, and a depth to the goals - and I desperately want to enjoy it.

I feel like, if it hadn't been for Frostbite, the game would have been a winner this year - so fuck the graphics, to be frank...

I just think it would be so easy to take FIFA to photo-realistic graphics, specially regarding the color-palette.
To me, football matches on TV have so much more color than what you see in FIFA. It feels life-less.

In terms of gameplay, players act so brain-less some times. Like...team-mates standing in front of you when you're about to shoot, or pass the ball, so when you perform the action you were planing it gets deflected by your own players.

Or sometimes the way they move their arms or hips, as if their bodies were independant from his legs and arms.... creppy.

I guess they put FIFA 17 a bit too early. If they had delayed it for 6 months and focus on the right stuff, it could have been unbeatable.

I guess they put FIFA 17 a bit too early. If they had delayed it for 6 months and focus on the right stuff, it could have been unbeatable.
That's exactly how I feel - I just hope this year's game makes the gameplay flow better. The responsiveness is so crappy, and I put that entirely down to Frostbite taking up too much resources. I'd rather be able to put together a flowing passing move than watch the grass flutter in the wind or whatever...

Fingers crossed the game can be optimised better this year. I bet they could improve it more easily for the PS4 Pro (and PC obviously), but Sony's own rules with Pro games prohibit exclusive gameplay experiences.

They need to hire better AI Programmers. A company like EA can afford to hire better AI Programmers than the linear scripted AI we have. Heck other EA Sports titles have much better AI so I don't see why FIFA's AI is so crap.

They need to hire better AI Programmers. A company like EA can afford to hire better AI Programmers than the linear scripted AI we have. Heck other EA Sports titles have much better AI so I don't see why FIFA's AI is so crap.
100% agree - I'm repeating myself now but after playing the latest NHL game and seeing the unbelievable depth of the sliders there, as well as the gameplay as a whole, I feel really bitter about how FIFA is treated.

I think it's just the fact that FIFA will sell no matter what, so why not invest the bare minimum and make the maximum. Especially when you factor in Ultimate Team. (Feeling very doom and gloom about football gaming at the moment...)

Football games are never given the same treatment as most of the games. I've had this feeling since a was a kid.

EA love their NHL and NFL too much. That's why FIFA doesn't get the attention it needs! For example the pitch wearing code in Madden looked fantastic... why hasn't something as good as that come to FIFA? Dynamic weather? where is that!But more importantly... sort the AI OUT!!! Slow the bugger down as its too fast on Normal speed....

Back
Top Bottom