Genre: Sports
Player(s): up to 4 locally
System(s): PC
Technical Specs (Resolution/Framerate): tba
Release Date: October 1st, 2021
Trailer:
Features: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/fifa/fifa-22/new-features-and-modes

It is not next gen...
For an explanation of this: The average PC is not the same spec as a PS5/XSX. Most people on PC game on a 1060. You won't like EA's decision but it is the logical choice to maximise sales.

@PRO_TOO I've recreated this thread with your post first, because I know you like to keep the first post updated, and it saves you sending me (or @bsmaff) private messages asking me to add X, Y and Z. ;) Hope you don't mind @bsmaff. I'm saving you in the long run, trust me... :D

@PRO_TOO I've recreated this thread with your post first, because I know you like to keep the first post updated, and it saves you sending me (or @bsmaff) private messages asking me to add X, Y and Z. ;) Hope you don't mind @bsmaff. I'm saving you in the long run, trust me... :D
:D alright... makes sense! i dont mind at all.

'22 all mine now... ;)
tenor.gif

Relaese date: on steam shop 2nd of october and on the new EA desktop app 30th of september.

But maybe it will for all the 2nd of october. Because the other date will be for the ultimate edition with 4 days early access.

I don't think PC version is worth paying.
Although I'm not quite interested in it, I'll give it a go for free when it comes into XBOX Game Pass for PC.

It is not next gen...
For an explanation of this: The average PC is not the same spec as a PS5/XSX. Most people on PC game on a 1060. You won't like EA's decision but it is the logical choice to maximise sales.

Not even themselves believe that.

GTX 1060 running FIFA 21 maxed out @ 1080p at 152 FPS

GTX 1060 running FIFA 21 @ 4K maxed-out at 75 FPS

I bet my house that this "low-end" videocard can run FIFA 22 next-gen maxed out at least at 60 FPS.
They don't release FIFA 22 next-gen, but release Battlefield 2042 next-gen that is much more graphic card demanding.

Logical choice would be to deliver the same game in every platform, to respect players that are paying almost the same amount of money, and optimize it so everyone can play it well in each platform. This is what serious developers like Rockstar do.
Because if they want, they can do it. Specially considering that EA is one of the publishers developing AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution that can improve gaming performance up to 75% using upscaling machine learning techniques.

Everything else, are low-quality marketing excuses to justify that Sony and Microsoft paid to have next-gen exclusives versions in PS5 and Xbox

Last edited:

The best version of FIFA 22 won’t be on PC​

PC and last-gen consoles lack machine-learning-powered "HyperMotion" animations.​

What new cutting edge technology the PS5/Xbox Series X have over the PC that "HyperMotion" can't run. All this marketing behind this new game feature and the game would still be broken. The only feature constant in EA and FIFA every single year is their "HypeMachine" and I'm sure they're going to charge full price for the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions.

Last edited:
I wonder if the people they are targeting to sell even buys their game or they just pirate to save money? xD

Jokes aside, we are completely screwed. Even if majority decides to stop buying in order to not support bad ports, EA will jut stop making pc ports completely, like they did with Madden back in the day.

are those consoles super-computer? what non-sense they are talking about pc can't handle?

The consoles are quite powerful machines.
The PS5 is roughly a 2070 and the XSX is roughly a 2080.

Looking at the Steam Hardware profile list the average PC used for gaming is well below those cards, with the majority using 1050Ti's which is well below a PS5.
Also people are comparing FIFA to BF, why?
BF is a completely different game and the people who tend to play that on PC will be using at least 2060's.

Not everyone owns a 3080 and a Ryzen 7.

The decision to not run the next gen version sucks, but I do understand their excuse.

Looking at the Steam Hardware profile list the average PC used for gaming is well below those cards, with the majority using 1050Ti's which is well below a PS5.
BF is a completely different game and the people who tend to play that on PC will be using at least 2060's.

The decision to not run the next gen version sucks, but I do understand their excuse.

They dont have to own a 3080. I have a hard time believing Fifa 22 next gen is going to need a better hardware than a 2060 and even that feels like a stretch.

I doubt its even using any sort of ray tracing. Ps5 and Xbox Series X are also targeting 4k. I'm pretty sure, we don't need a 3080 equivalent gpu to run these games at 720p and everything set to low.

Same excuses were made back in 2006 and 2014 and yet, Pes 10, fifa 11, 12 ran at playable framerate on intel igpus at low settings at 640x480p and in case of ati mobility radeon HD 3450 it even ran at high 720p.

Same case with Fifa 15,16,17 etc with intel HD graphics.

I feel like they are targeting people that are completely refusing to even spend on entry level next gen hardware. Sports games never really pushed hardware boundaries.

Whatever the case is, I'm not surprised at this point since this will be the 3rd time they are doing this. They know what's best for them so there is nothing any of us can really do other than just venting our frustration here I guess. I personally won't buy until they make a decent port. Also this is EA we are talking about. I doubt there will be any drastic change in gameplay, career modes and other stuff to justify purchasing the game. Infact, I didn't even buy fifa 20 and already regretted buying 19 cause they felt same as 18.

Are you serious??
Just because consoles have that power that doesn't mean that fifa or any other sports game uses it.
I highly doubt that next year or year after when EA will release their shity "next gen" games on PC it will require anything more than 2060 for the absolute MAX settings for 1080p (which according to Steam is still the most popular resolution), but I am pretty sure that even 1660 or 1050 ti would be enough!
For god sake, NBA2k21 that looks 1000 times better than FIFA probably will ever look only requires gtx 770 as their recommended gpu!!

Are you serious??
Just because consoles have that power that doesn't mean that fifa or any other sports game uses it.
I highly doubt that next year or year after when EA will release their shity "next gen" games on PC it will require anything more than 2060 for the absolute MAX settings for 1080p (which according to Steam is still the most popular resolution), but I am pretty sure that even 1660 or 1050 ti would be enough!
For god sake, NBA2k21 that looks 1000 times better than FIFA probably will ever look only requires gtx 770 as their recommended gpu!!

Yes, I am serious..
I would expect the next gen version to need a 1060 or above for HD, and 2060 for 4K.

I don't know what GFX cards people own to play FIFA, but if EA are going to lose more than 20-30% of sales because of it then that's the decision they made.
As I am sure that 70-80% of PC's would easily run the new FIFA without issues, but I don't know what stats they have to back up their decision.

I think the fact that they can charge £70-£90 per console game has something to do with the decision. PS5 and XBOX X will sell loads once COVID goes and FIFA is one of the biggest sellers. If I had a PC i would be sticking with a modded FIFA 17

Why am I comparing them? Because when they say the care about people being able to play to the game, ¿how do you explain that they release one game next-gen and others not? You are right that games/segments are different and probably users specs too.
But they tell that in a sense of "ok guys, if everyone can't play it in Ultra mode, then we will release the old gen version". ¿Do you think every Battlefield user has a RTX 3080 to run it maxed-out? No. So, basically they are showing us that that "they care about players"...in some cases.

These are the most used GPUs in Steam in June:

04.png

You're right that most of them are well below PS5 power. But is more than enough to run a non-graphic intensive game like FIFA, in every setting.

Look how a 1050Ti's runs FIFA 21 in Ultra ranging between 75 / 100 FPS

Are you serious??

Exactly

It has nothing to do with technical specs: it's just a simple business decision.

* FIFA 21 players in PC are probably closer to 8% or 10% of the amount of players in PlayStation

Steam peak: 43K players (let's multiply that x5 because many players bought it in Origin: 200K players in PC)

pc.png

I read somewhere that PlayStation 5 has 3 millions players (I can't remember the source)

* Hence, FUT Market in consoles is bigger (FUT coins are a billionaire market). I couldn't find any actual stats about this and I haven't played it in PlayStation, but I read a user in Reddit who wrote that the amount of listings in transfers markets are 8x to 10x bigger in consoles

commnets3.png

* I totally understand why they didn't release a FIFA 21 PC next-gen version, because the PC version was released 2 or 3 months before PlayStation 5 / Xbox Series launches, and that would have killed a little of the hype of playing something next-gen in the new consoles (and impact the sales)

* Fun fact: PlayStation 4 sold 115 millions of consoles and PlayStation 5 roughly 9 millions
They care about most of PC players are using a 1060 but they don't care to deliver a next-gen version to their biggest current base players that is the PlayStation 4. ¿Why? Because they want them to switch to next-gen consoles (this explains why you can get a next-gen version after buying FIFA 22 for PS4 / Xbox One)

Unfortunately, the PC fan base is paltry in comparison to other platforms

Last edited:
Looks like I'll just have to move on from sports games as a whole. They will keep doing this shit forever.

Well I have now done something I never thought I would do.
I have cancelled my EA Play Pro subscription - You do get some good games on there, but with FIFA not being next gen and the other game I play BF, becoming worse and worse with every rendition too - I decided to finally cancel it after about 4/5 years.

And have pre-ordered FIFA on PS5.

Well I have now done something I never thought I would do.
I have cancelled my EA Play Pro subscription - You do get some good games on there, but with FIFA not being next gen and the other game I play BF, becoming worse and worse with every rendition too - I decided to finally cancel it after about 4/5 years.

And have pre-ordered FIFA on PS5.
Oh come on. We all know rule no. 1 of modern gaming:

Do not pre order stuff. You will end up in disappointment half of the time.

Back
Top Bottom