FIFA 23 Nintendo Switch

Dug out my Switch Lite. Charged it. Tried to log in to the eShop... My Nintendo account has 2FA enabled and I've lost access to the Google Authenticator account it was linked to. :EMB:

On top of that, there's 7gb of free space and the game needs 14gb... So...

I'm off to buy a physical copy tomorrow...

Dug out my Switch Lite. Charged it. Tried to log in to the eShop... My Nintendo account has 2FA enabled and I've lost access to the Google Authenticator account it was linked to. :EMB:

On top of that, there's 7gb of free space and the game needs 14gb... So...

I'm off to buy a physical copy tomorrow...
If you can buy a fifa… I can surely too! 😂

🤔 I still have an hour left of the trail and a copy already saved at the store… 🤷‍♂️

Right @Anth James... I need your settings and your sliders please... :D

EDIT: It's so sad how much more realistic the ball physics are. Simpler? Sure. But power transfer happens (you never see a mismatch between the power of the kick and the power of the ball), and some passes require the player to control the ball and stop it.

How sad this is, to play it - with the worse graphics, fewer features etc. - and get a much more "football" (and less "cartoon") gameplay experience. Actually, infuriating.

Just had my arse handed to me by the AI on Professional, too, because I'm trying to play it like the next-gen version. Looks like I've got a game to play this year.

Last edited:

EDIT: It's so sad how much more realistic the ball physics are. Simpler? Sure. But power transfer happens (you never see a mismatch between the power of the kick and the power of the ball), and some passes require the player to control the ball and stop it.

How sad this is, to play it - with the worse graphics, fewer features etc. - and get a much more "football" (and less "cartoon") gameplay experience. Actually, infuriating.

Just had my arse handed to me by the AI on Professional, too, because I'm trying to play it like the next-gen version. Looks like I've got a game to play this year.
Haha great to hear you’ve got a game! Agree with you that it’s infuriating- especially when this game just gets written off completely.

I’m just playing on the Tele cam, slow speed, full manual, default sliders but powerbar as 68. That’s it!

Little side note visually - I find rain/snow setting makes the pitch a better colour in night matches. Also play with a ball that’s predominantly white and it looks better in game (I mainly use the UCL ball).

Last edited:
Wow, it really is a strict learning curve on switch as a FUMA player. Only needs a slight touch with the joysticks. It's a good challenge though. Just lost 3-1 to Fulham with Man United (realistic I suppose) but scoring felt amazing 😂

Wow, it really is a strict learning curve on switch as a FUMA player. Only needs a slight touch with the joysticks. It's a good challenge though. Just lost 3-1 to Fulham with Man United (realistic I suppose) but scoring felt amazing 😂
Haha I agree. It's brutal - and I love it that way. As @Chris Davies said, there’s a consistency in the physics, so it’s not annoying. Reminds me a little of old school PES where the passing is so unforgiving. I've had some embarrassingly low pass completion %'s in some games!

Last edited:
If you’re in any doubt about the difference between the Switch version and NG, check out the shot count at half-time. For reference this was a 10 min half on professional difficulty with default sliders.

Obviously I wouldn’t want every game like this, and it isn’t - but to be able to have a midfield battle like this is great.

EE9E05AE-F88A-4F3D-B514-BA1F6E9918B5.jpeg

Last edited:
If you’re in any doubt about the difference between the Switch version and NG, check out the shot count at half-time. For reference this was a 10 min half on professional difficulty with default sliders.

Obviously I wouldn’t want every game like this, and it isn’t - but to be able to have a midfield battle like this is great.

View attachment 181754
are you convincing me ... for me the last playable game was and is the 16th .. I play it on the screen or on the TV ?.

How is the graphic compared to FIFA 16 on PC? Maybe I'm getting weak too...
Overall it’s not as good as 16 graphically. It’s lacking the variation in lighting and pitch textures. It also lacks in the presentation department compared to 16. It does look quite nice under the right conditions, but I would say overall 16 is superior visually. The broadcast camera is a little underwhelming too unfortunately. I play on the Tele cam with it and I think that’s quite nice. The animations are quite smooth though and so are the ball physics (the flight of the ball is really nice).

It’s a tough one, gameplay wise it is similar to 16, but it also does have enough differences to interest someone who loves 16 as well. The more I play it the more I’m enjoying it to be honest.

The portability factor for a game even similar to 16’s gameplay is a very nice element also.

Overall it’s not as good as 16 graphically. It’s lacking the variation in lighting and pitch textures. It also lacks in the presentation department compared to 16. It does look quite nice under the right conditions, but I would say overall 16 is superior visually. The broadcast camera is a little underwhelming too unfortunately. I play on the Tele cam with it and I think that’s quite nice. The animations are quite smooth though and so are the ball physics (the flight of the ball is really nice).

It’s a tough one, gameplay wise it is similar to 16, but it also does have enough differences to interest someone who loves 16 as well. The more I play it the more I’m enjoying it to be honest.

The portability factor for a game even similar to 16’s gameplay is a very nice element also.

It's possible to play it with the Nintendo Switch emulator in PC. probably is moddable in that way

It's possible to play it with the Nintendo Switch emulator in PC. probably is moddable in that way

It is possible but both Switch emulators have major graphical glitches with FIFA. Missing player indicators, player shadows and text. So its not really playable in any proper sense at the moment. We will have to wait for the emulator developers to update their software but this could take months sadly.

What is this utter nonsense?! 😂

Any video footage you switch user can provide?!

So I was having a few games in bed last night, which is a novelty in itself. And you know what? It was just good fun, I remembered how Fifa used to be and why it ended up reeling me back in after the PES glory years. Default gameplay just feels great, who needs sliders?! I remember thinking that back in the day, too.
Crazy that i'm playing switch for this, pes21 on my laptop and meanwhile my ps5 is gathering dust! 😂

So I was having a few games in bed last night, which is a novelty in itself. And you know what? It was just good fun, I remembered how Fifa used to be and why it ended up reeling me back in after the PES glory years. Default gameplay just feels great, who needs sliders?! I remember thinking that back in the day, too.
Crazy that i'm playing switch for this, pes21 on my laptop and meanwhile my ps5 is gathering dust! 😂
100% agree. There's something very organic, even simplistic that makes the game feel like a bit of a throwback game. You just can sit down and enjoy it....or lie down.... I've been playing it in bed as well :LMAO:

I finally played this on Switch emulator; Yuzu over the weekend... It's hilarious, The better football game is the abandoned one from EA.

FIFA 23 Legacy Edition is seemingly based on FIFA 14 PS3/Xbox 360 code, it doesn't have the visual & cutscene improvements introduced in FIFA 15 PS4/XB1 so it's very much mechanically 2 gens old, Not that it ever stopped any of us from enjoying a good football game.

I finally played this on Switch emulator; Yuzu over the weekend... It's hilarious, The better football game is the abandoned one from EA.

FIFA 23 Legacy Edition is seemingly based on FIFA 14 PS3/Xbox 360 code, it doesn't have the visual & cutscene improvements introduced in FIFA 15 PS4/XB1 so it's very much mechanically 2 gens old, Not that it ever stopped any of us from enjoying a good football game.

Even the replays are better. That's another thing with the new version on next gen, hardly any replays. Because the kids can't wait.

Crazy isn’t it! Off-ball positioning and movement is in a different world compared to NG. It does have some mechanical improvements from that 360 era, I feel it’s a lot smoother than even 19 on 360. Animations and ball physics feel more modern and smooth. Take a corner and you’ll see it really swing nicely for example. The ball doesn’t rocket around either! It’s good they did some work to it.

Last edited:
Crazy isn’t it! Off-ball positioning and movement is in a different world compared to NG. It does have some mechanical improvements from that 360 era, I feel it’s a lot smoother than even 19 on 360. Animations and ball physics feel more modern and smooth. Take a corner and you’ll see it really swing nicely for example. The ball doesn’t rocket around either! It’s good they did some work to it.
There's some lovely dipping shots, too. The ball looks every so slightly too big sometimes but it's a really great frame rate.

I agree. I haven't played yet, but in videos I can see there are more movements than in FIFA 14-16 series

does it work on the yuzu emulator?

Back
Top Bottom