FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

Anth James

International
22 September 2017
Hey guys, I thought I'd open up a thread just for slider talk. Post your thoughts etc here.

One thing I've found so far is that sliders actually have a bigger impact than last year. On 22 NG lots of values didn't seem to really change much. From my early tests so far, they're working better - and boy are they going to need to be to get this game in any kind of shape!

My primary aim is going to be to try and improve the defensive side of the game and get some more movement happening. It's most likely mission impossible but for now it's worth a bit of a play around.

I'm yet to spend any meaningful time with the game yet, so these changes haven't really been tested much at all, but let's get the ball rolling.

I'm basing some early adjustments around what I have attempted in the last couple of years to try and create a more difficult avenue to goal. I usually try some fairly abstract and extreme changes, as little tweaks here and there won't cut it when the base game is this flawed. In my first trial game with these changes, I was playing World Class on 8 minute halves and it was actually a little more difficult to create chances and to cut through...It took until the 30th minute for the first goal - and first shot on target for me so I'll take this as a minor win haha.

Pass speed: 45/45 (try to create some more interceptions and difficulty when passing through lines)
Height: 20/80 (thinking behind this is purely to bring my players deeper when I have the ball, and their players higher)
Length: 40/60
Width: 60/40
Marking: 100/100 (trying to get everyone moving more)
Run Frequency: 100/100 (as above)

Edit: I'm just trying values still, extremely early stage, so don't place much emphasis on the above values.

Any ideas on ways to improve this mess? Let's hear them!

Last edited:
My sliders in french, i will translate this afternoon mates

Sliders

Sliders V1

Vitesse : lente

Difficulté : champion

Durée : 8 minutes

Contôles : FUMA

Utilisateur / IA

Vitesse : 14/16

Acceleration : 47/48

Erreur dans les Frappes : 55/59

Erreur dans les passes : 55/70

Vitesse des Frappes : 45/45

Vitesses des passes : 15/10

Fréquences des blessures : 80/70

Gravité des Blessures : 30/53

Niveau Gardien : 65/65 ou 75/75

Positionnement marquage : 70/75

Positionnement fréquences des courses : 27/52

Positionnement prof de la ligne def : 60/50

Positionnement etir de la ligne Def : 48/50

Positionnement larg de la ligne def : 51/48

Positionnement montée des arrieres : 49/50

Barre de puissance utilisateur : 50/-

Mauvais contrôle : 65/75

Sliders

Sliders V1

Utilisateur / IA

Done mate hope it helps I did use Google translate though

Sliders V1 Speed: slow Difficulty: champ Duration: 8 minutes Controls: FUMA User / AI Speed: 14/16 Acceleration: 47/48 Error in Strikes: 55/59 Passing error: 55/70 Strike Speed: 45/45 Passing speeds: 15/10 Injury frequencies: 80/70 Injury Severity: 30/53 Guardian Level: 65/65 or 75/75 Marking position: 70/75 Race frequency positioning: 27/52 Positioning prof of the def line: 60/50 Stretched positioning of the Def line: 48/50 Positioning width of the def line: 51/48 Uphill positioning of the rears: 49/50 User Power Bar: 50/- Poor control: 65/75

I have some time to explain why i love or hate in that game.

Vanilla, I can't play an entire match. So much essential things are broken : inertia, defense, game speed, goal keeper, collisions, strikers, I can stay here a day, iwill never finished

So, I see all the previous FIFA bullshit videos from ex gamechanger/ Creators and the game didn't change from the beta.
I took my sliders on the first minute

I star with a classic from Serie A : Juventus Vs Milan
Ok I have got a nice cutscene but if the gameplay sucks, who cares???

On the first touch, I've got a smile : the ball is free, didn't have the glue I saw in EVERY VIDEO.

Ok Milan have the ball, and the middle is not empty, no fast run from strikers, the quick switch is more efficient than the beta. But yes defend needs skill,patience, because if you try to soon with a bad timing, a hole will apparer in your defense. But the GK can react quickl and jump into sticker foot! Nice. But what i noticed is player made the right mouv with detail, they didn't turn in an half second, there is inertia! The referee on strict is very good. I have done some bad tackles, and the red is out! And with 10 players vs 11 is very very hard.

Elite teams are really hard to beat! Barcelona, Milan kick my ass seriously. But i deserved each goal, it's not GK fault, or a bad scrypt, no, CPU made the right thing on the right moment. And I have this feeling in every game since the release.

I understand that the defend is really special but I like it.
I like the variation in the shoot, the contacts.

They bring crosses in the core of the game, crosses were rare on the Beta, and it helps to have a more varied game.
I know the core game is broken, vanilla is the worst vanilla FIFA game I have seen, so online will be just horrible.

I have post my sliders on the forum, if you want to make another try on the game.
Maybe you will hate it, or the game will be a bit enjoyable, I don't know.

Some mates have test my sliders, and like it so I think it can't be worst with it!

Sliders

Sliders V1

Utilisateur / IA

Fantastique! 👌

Will try yours and Anth‘s Sets tonight! 👍

all i did change last night was upping the AI’s FT-error.

Last edited:
Fantastique! 👌

Will try yours and Anth‘s Sets tonight! 👍

all i did change last night was upping the AI’s FT-error.
Not really a set yet, I’m just playing around with them for now. Hoping to get some more active discussion about behaviours etc so we can make some progress together.

I sadly don’t think much can be done though :(

Not really a set yet, I’m just playing around with them for now. Hoping to get some more active discussion about behaviours etc so we can make some progress together.

I sadly don’t think much can be done though :(
Yeah… that’s what I’m doing.
In my life I don’t think we can fix the broken fundamentals.

still, I have 8 hours to test…! Gotta make use of that! 😊

More seriously after a laugh @Mikhail , i think "Marking positionning" or in french "Positionnement du marquage" can make your defender closer to the players.

Now, about them doing something... Normally they should if it was a logic game, I don't know, but i don't think as they're just NPC.

Is there a slider which makes the defenders defend?
Rangers have become a partner team and so EA must've used them for the defence considering they leaked 4 goals in 2 consecutive games. A combo with Bournemouth defensive modelling and you get the NG defending everybody wants. I've not played it yet, but I feel I may enjoy the game, as I'm going to try FUMA as usual and knock the GK up to 85 again or something (most games on 22, I had the GK at 100, but I understand the GK to be a little better on NG)

Before at release the game is ok and after patches it gets worse and worse.

As the game currently is in its worst form, maybe the patches will improve things :EASY::EASY:

From my experiments, an extremely low value for First Touch error visibly improves the foot planting. I set it at 10 for both human/cpu.

Not sure if I can post this here, but our beta sliders are posted. Basically, it's a set I was working on to try to get the beta to be playable. Have had some good games in the beta and multiple in the early access/release version. So, they seem to hold up, and hopefully we can improve it as the EA updates come along. Enjoy!

1664298885302.png

Not sure if I can post this here, but our beta sliders are posted. Basically, it's a set I was working on to try to get the beta to be playable. Have had some good games in the beta and multiple in the early access/release version. So, they seem to hold up, and hopefully we can improve it as the EA updates come along. Enjoy!

View attachment 179822
Once again I have so much respect for your work over the years giving people an option to actually play this game in a way which represent actual football.

Thing is for a new engine i think your demand EA to take slider seriously and give tested presets which we know are competitive and realistic as standard for you and everyone to fine tune and adjust.

Last edited:
I am now convinced that playing on fast makes the AI better. I kept myself entertained with the following settings:

World class
Fast game speed
Full manual
Sprint speed 10/10
Acceleration 44/44
Shot error: 55/68
Pass error: 65/68
Shot speed: 48/48
Pass speed: 35/35
Injury freq: 50/50
Injury severity: 50/50
GK ability: 60/60
Marking: 76/76
Run freq: 20/20
Line height: 52/52
Line length: 27/27
Line width: 45/45
FB positioning: 52/52
First touch control error: 10/10

If anyone wants to try these, please do.

From my experiments, an extremely low value for First Touch error visibly improves the foot planting. I set it at 10 for both human/cpu.
How can they even release a game that player skating is just so obvious, it s like they are doing it on purpose lol: you hate player skating,, here u go, fifa 23 default gameplay player skating mania...

My sliders in english!

World class
Slow game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 14/16
Shot error : 55/59
Pass error : 55/70
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65 or 75/75
Marking : 70/75
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 65/75

Last edited:
My sliders in english!

World class
Slow game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI
Sprint speed: 14/16
Shot error : 55/59
Pass error : 55/70
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65 or 75/75
Marking : 70/75
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 65/75

Will try this on full release as I'd rather dedicate some time and not trial to mess with sliders. How long are you halves?

Thanks, These have helped slow the franticallity part of the game for me, skating is unavoidable unless some godlike innovation in modding comes along and 1v1 is here forever unless EA have an epiphany and patch in team team pressing again...

...But one of the biggest boner killers for me right now, is goal keepers.

I get instant gamer ick once they shoot straight at my goal keeper and he's avoiding the ball like it's covered in incurable diseases.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, but would say - whacking goalkeeper slider up to 100 make them i dunno, extend their limbs out more? Stand more directly in front of an upcoming strike instead of stepping aside like that goal keeper would've done if Diana Ross hit the target in USA 94?

Thanks, These have helped slow the franticallity part of the game for me, skating is unavoidable unless some godlike innovation in modding comes along and 1v1 is here forever unless EA have an epiphany and patch in team team pressing again...

...But one of the biggest boner killers for me right now, is goal keepers.

I get instant gamer ick once they shoot straight at my goal keeper and he's avoiding the ball like it's covered in incurable diseases.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, but would say - whacking goalkeeper slider up to 100 make them i dunno, extend their limbs out more? Stand more directly in front of an upcoming strike instead of stepping aside like that goal keeper would've done if Diana Ross hit the target in USA 94?
I can tell you we're increasing GK to 55, raising shot speed to 50 to allow them to sync back up. So far haven't had any issues, and some pretty cool saves. Lol at the Diana Ross comment, ffs.

Getting version 2 posted on our OS thread and I'll post it here to stay consistent.

I can tell you we're increasing GK to 55, raising shot speed to 50 to allow them to sync back up. So far haven't had any issues, and some pretty cool saves. Lol at the Diana Ross comment, ffs.

Getting version 2 posted on our OS thread and I'll post it here to stay consistent.
Just wanted to provide an update if anyone wants to try out Version 2.

The main focus here is to get the congestion in the midfield in a better spot, but more importantly address the flank play. One would think that increasing width would work, but the problem with that is the length was too low to take advantage of the space for those 1v1 battles. Often times the defending winger would tuck in too far and get caught out not helping the fullback, which made it fairly straight forward to beat. Pair that up with a 50/51 acceleration discrepancy in World Class difficulty, and now the challenge is not only on the wings, but in all areas of the pitch.

The last bit of the line settings was establishing the defensive positioning throughout the banks. We have the defensive line needing to meet the attackers, but not constantly in a position where the attackers can just run off them for through balls. In addition, and probably more importantly, there was a need to establish an actual midfield that goes past their own defensive third - rather than drop back in a shell and allow waves of attack. This is why both height and length took a significant bump, and why width was even more important to get under control.

After that was established, we discussed raising GK Ability to 55, which meant shot speed had to get a bump as well so everything can stay in-sync. There are definitely goals still there, and even some more room to raise GK, but overall it's a nice balance of saves and misses. Furthermore, we've increased the error values for shooting which makes for some quality misses and goals. The reward on the goals is quite the feeling.

In terms of overall feel, the games are much more human-like. I say even sloppy at times, which is okay because you can see the players actually putting in an effort to stay engaged. I provided a clip earlier that showed the way players stay engaged throughout. Yes, you may have to be aware of the tucked in look, but it gets wider in the right spots - especially as the transition into attacking third happens.

I'm quite happy with Version 2. I wanted to post this to the thread and public right away. It doesn't look like FIFA 23 out of the box, and it's an improvement on Version 1. Let me know your thoughts as we continue to fine-tune the base set and start to establish the more specific sets.

Enjoy!

--------
Fm2ci2.png

--------

Just wanted to provide an update if anyone wants to try out Version 2.

The main focus here is to get the congestion in the midfield in a better spot, but more importantly address the flank play. One would think that increasing width would work, but the problem with that is the length was too low to take advantage of the space for those 1v1 battles. Often times the defending winger would tuck in too far and get caught out not helping the fullback, which made it fairly straight forward to beat. Pair that up with a 50/51 acceleration discrepancy in World Class difficulty, and now the challenge is not only on the wings, but in all areas of the pitch.

The last bit of the line settings was establishing the defensive positioning throughout the banks. We have the defensive line needing to meet the attackers, but not constantly in a position where the attackers can just run off them for through balls. In addition, and probably more importantly, there was a need to establish an actual midfield that goes past their own defensive third - rather than drop back in a shell and allow waves of attack. This is why both height and length took a significant bump, and why width was even more important to get under control.

After that was established, we discussed raising GK Ability to 55, which meant shot speed had to get a bump as well so everything can stay in-sync. There are definitely goals still there, and even some more room to raise GK, but overall it's a nice balance of saves and misses. Furthermore, we've increased the error values for shooting which makes for some quality misses and goals. The reward on the goals is quite the feeling.

In terms of overall feel, the games are much more human-like. I say even sloppy at times, which is okay because you can see the players actually putting in an effort to stay engaged. I provided a clip earlier that showed the way players stay engaged throughout. Yes, you may have to be aware of the tucked in look, but it gets wider in the right spots - especially as the transition into attacking third happens.

I'm quite happy with Version 2. I wanted to post this to the thread and public right away. It doesn't look like FIFA 23 out of the box, and it's an improvement on Version 1. Let me know your thoughts as we continue to fine-tune the base set and start to establish the more specific sets.

Enjoy!

--------
Fm2ci2.png

--------

Appreciate your work, any feedback on how these work with normal gamespeeed?

Appreciate your work, any feedback on how these work with normal gamespeeed?

Yeah, they work just fine. There is a modifier if it gets too hectic with Acceleration 48/49 for WC, then 15/15 Sprint, 48/48 acceleration on Legendary. Can probably play with those values any which way though.

Yeah, they work just fine. There is a modifier if it gets too hectic with Acceleration 48/49 for WC, then 15/15 Sprint, 48/48 acceleration on Legendary. Can probably play with those values any which way though.
Thanks I'll give them a go!

Back
Top Bottom