FIFER Mods

Conference
3 March 2020
Last edited:
We have a basic data explorer working for FIFA 22 with RES/CHUNK and InitFS functionality. So we can view Textures from the game (perhaps other formats too). EBX format is the same as Madden 22 so no EBX or Legacy yet, nor Type Info, but we can get that when the game is released.

In theory, launching the game with changes should be pretty straightforward, but we will find out on the 22nd.

SplashScreen.png
face_233064_0_0_color.png
file view.png
initfs.png

Thanks for the updates, mate!

One question which bothered me for a long time, is it actually possible to add more teams (players, leagues, kit slots, competitions, etc...) to FIFA22 with this tool ?
I am aware of the fact that EA made it almost impossible but is there any way ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, mate!

One question which bothered me for a long time, is it actually possible to add more teams (players, leagues, kit slots, competitions, etc...) to FIFA22 with this tool ?
I am aware of the fact that EA made it almost impossible but is there any way ?
You can't duplicate files

We made more progress on the new EBX format, we can now read basic properties and values for many EBX files in FIFA & Madden 22, but arrays, pointers, and EBX writing are still unsupported. However, this progress means we can get a working read-only legacy exploring working!

1632475628123.png

We made more progress on the new EBX format, we can now read basic properties and values for many EBX files in FIFA & Madden 22, but arrays, pointers, and EBX writing are still unsupported. However, this progress means we can get a working read-only legacy exploring working!

View attachment 122842
i have the trial, deciding wether to buy the game, do you think there will be mod features like your 1.4 soon this game? like making transfers and editing in career mode etc, gave the game a whole new dynamic for me

i have the trial, deciding wether to buy the game, do you think there will be mod features like your 1.4 soon this game? like making transfers and editing in career mode etc, gave the game a whole new dynamic for me
Yes, I'll reveal my plans soon

We made even more progress on EBX reading, it's almost complete now. Fixed many bugs, so now FloatCurve values display properly, and majority of files that couldn't be opened before can now be opened. There are still a few with issues but they are quite rare. Next is EBX writing!
1632686665407.png

We improved EBX reading for FIFA 22 and Madden 22 more, and made good progress on EBX writing, allowing modifications to basic EBX files (multiple properties is fine, but only basic EBX types, no arrays or such) to work. We also fixed a legacy bug.

Looks awesome this would make me try Fifa for PC as in all my time I have never played a modded FIFA.

We took a look at the mesh format, and added support for viewing and exporting the three main mesh types for FIFA 22 and Madden 22, as the format is similar. Once EBX writing is complete, adding support for importing should be pretty quick.

1633809970887.png

We also improved EBX writing, adding support for many complex types (struct/class such as FloatCurve), and better patched asset writing (even better than the FIFA 21 EBX version). Still work to be done, but things are progressing well.

All of this is useless unless the gameplay can be modded and the scripting removed. They will never manage to remove the scripting as its hard coded.
I quickly gave up with the game on PC as its even worse than 21.
The locale ini is encrypted so this effectively stops any mods this way as you need the key to re-encrypt it. EA dont give these things away.
I designed my own ini mods for many years and i can really improve the gameplay. But nobody can create a mod that overrides the scripting.

I would love to play fifa again but I won't waste my time with the trash called fifa 22. I have seen videos of the so called next gen version and the gameplay is as bad as it gets. Theres nothing remotely next gen about the console version gameplay. Its a joke.

I have switched over to PES 21 and its in a different class. But so is international soccer on the C64!!

All of this is useless unless the gameplay can be modded and the scripting removed. They will never manage to remove the scripting as its hard coded.
I quickly gave up with the game on PC as its even worse than 21.
The locale ini is encrypted so this effectively stops any mods this way as you need the key to re-encrypt it. EA dont give these things away.
I designed my own ini mods for many years and i can really improve the gameplay. But nobody can create a mod that overrides the scripting.

I would love to play fifa again but I won't waste my time with the trash called fifa 22. I have seen videos of the so called next gen version and the gameplay is as bad as it gets. Theres nothing remotely next gen about the console version gameplay. Its a joke.

I have switched over to PES 21 and its in a different class. But so is international soccer on the C64!!
You can already decrypt and encrypt the locale, Aranaktu released a script.

And you can still mod gameplay and many other things with FET, I'd say it's far from useless

Back
Top Bottom