FIFA22 Next-Gen FUMA - My Personal Simulation Slider Set

Trustpt

Liga NOS
21 October 2009
Portugal
SC Braga
Hey guys, as promised in the FIFA22 (Console) thread, this year I am sharing my own personal slider set. Every year I spend countless hours trying to make the gameplay as I want it to and I usually never share these because I've always thought of sliders as something very personal that may or may not work for other people. That being said I've had a few people say to me that they really enjoyed these and that I should share them anyway.

Disclaimer: Like I said this is a personal slider set. It's tailored towards my playstyle and at the end of the day the values I'll be posting going forward are merely a representation of how I want my game to play. I'm exclusively a Full-Manual player so these sliders will only be tested in that particular environment. This isn't to say they won't work for Assisted, maybe you'll find that they do which is great! Feel free to use this as a base and change values accordingly, but when providing feedback keep in mind that all the values play off of eachother so it won't be productive to give feedback based on different values.

The Aim
To make the game as realistic as possible, that is slow build-up, but with moments of explosion in the final third.

The Implementation
As I have said in the past I am not a huge fan of very low Sprint Speeds. While it certainly helps make some of the ugly ice-skating moments less noticeable (especially in Normal game speed) it also takes away the momentum and inertia of the players, thus making them feel like their stuck to the ground. Also in my experience, this results in fewer fouls because by default the game doesn't like to call fouls on low-speed collisions.

Current Slider Set: V1.1 (08.Oct.2021) --> Only for FIFA22 Next-Gen v1.000.001
Controls: Full-Manual (stuff like auto-clearances, etc. are personal pref.)
Speed - Slow
Difficulty - World Class
Player Based Difficulty - On (Personal Preference)
Half Length - 10 min. or more
Handballs - On (Except penalties)
Sprint Speed: 25/25
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 55/75
Pass Error: 54/54
Shot Speed: 45/45
Pass Speed: 15/15 (*)
Injury Frequency
: 80/80
Injury Severity: 33/33
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 65/65
Run Frequency: 3/3
Line Height: 70/70
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 42/42
Fullback Positioning: 72/72
User Power Bar: 90 >> Mandatory, read more below (*2)
First Touch Control
: 90/90
(*) this value seems to make progressively less difference from 30 downwards, but lowering it makes first-touch passes less powerful which I like for FUMA. If you want them slightly faster you can up it to like 15 for the user and 25 for the CPU. But keep in mind this is the major contributor to slowing down the build-up speed.
(*2) This is where most of the "error" for the User is being achieved, you will need to build muscle memory using a value this high as it's way easier to make mistakes. You should be good if you keep this above 80. There are some tips in the FAQs/Troubleshooting area if you're having trouble.

Changelog: Made some necessary changes after extensive testing with 2/3 star teams. You can compare it with the previous version below.

FAQs / Troubleshooting
Q: Why are passes so slow?
A:
You need to be using the R1 + X pass contextually, that is when you actually need to perform a fast pass. You can fill the entire power bar, but be careful not to go over as this will increase the likelihood of mistakes. In addition, I also use R1 + O (ground "lob" pass) extensively when a player is further away and L1 + O if I want to switch up the play over the defenders.
Q: Why am I skyrocketing all my shots?
A:
Because of the User Power Bar at 90 + Shot error at 55, you will need to be more precise when shooting. This is intended and desirable, because it makes first-time shots and shots where the body of the player is not well squared more prone to error. If you're having trouble, try tapping the shot button instead of charging the shot too much.
Q: Why am I missing so many crosses and why are they so powerful?
A:
Again it's because of the User Power Bar. Charge them less and also try to use different cross types, like the High Cross (L1 + O) and especially, the mighty Whipped Cross (L1 + R1 + O) which is super satisfying when done right.
Q: Why are my defenders shuffling back instead of closely marking attackers who are making a run forward?
A:
Unfortunately this seems to be impossible to fix with sliders and it is happening in all gamespeeds, but especially in Slow if you lower sprint/acceleration speeds too much, only EA patching can solve this.

Previous Versions
Slider Version: V1 (07.Oct.2021) --> Only for FIFA22 Next-Gen v1.000.001
Controls: Full-Manual (stuff like auto-clearances, etc. are personal pref.)
Speed - Slow
Difficulty - World Class
Player Based Difficulty - On (Personal Preference)
Half Length - 10 min. or more
Handballs - On (Except penalties)
Sprint Speed: 35/35
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 55/70
Pass Error: 57/57
Shot Speed: 47/47
Pass Speed: 0/0 >> Read more below (*)
Injury Frequency: 85/85
Injury Severity: 33/33
Goalkeeper Ability: 40/40 >> read more below (*1)
Marking: 50/50
Run Frequency: 35/35
Line Height: 70/70
Line Length: 10/10
Line Width: 38/38
Fullback Positioning: 75/75
User Power Bar: 90 >> Mandatory, read more below (*2)
First Touch Control: 90/90
(*) this value seems to make progressively less difference from 30 downwards, but lowering it makes first-touch passes less powerful which I like for FUMA. If you want them slightly faster you can up it to like 15 for the user and 25 for the CPU. But keep in mind this is the major contributor to slowing down the build-up speed.
(*1) this value seems very low at first because I know all of you are annoyed at the keepers this year who seem to make the most ridiculous attempts at the ball. Unfortunately, this is not fixable with sliders and we'll have to wait for a patch, but ignoring those outlier "brain-farts" this value is giving me a good balance of quality of saves.
(*2) This is where most of the "error" for the User is being achieved, you will need to build muscle memory using a value this high as it's way easier to make mistakes. I will share some tips in the FAQs/Troubleshooting area below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom