FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

Hey guys,

I took a break from FIFA modding for a whole year and just kept playing on 21.

I want to come back and mod again. Whilst we wait for FIFA Editor Tool to get FIFA 23 working, I decided to tweak and upgrade my old "FMT" to make some things work until we get something better. As you saw in the other thread, I am releasing everything I can that will work. I am also making the tool open source for anyone else that wants to contribute.

Frostbite Modding Tool GitHub

Happy gaming / coding.

P.

That's awesome news indeed and a great gesture Paul! :)

Hello all,

FIFA 23 modding support is now available using FMT.

This is 100% a stop gap until FIFA Editor use my methods for doing it or use do their own thing. I tested some GP files and it all seems fine. One or two physics files seem to break the game though, so please be careful.

Just want to also say, the method for getting mods to work is a little odd and it turns the AC off. So please be very aware of what you are doing. I can't be held responsible for stupidity of course.

Also make sure that "Use ModData" is enabled in the Editor before running.

[ERROR] [!] Writing DLL content to target process failed.

At first start i had dxgi.dll damaged and had to repair game files to launch the vanilla game

with 23.2 its working again

i am only launching with @paulv2k4 Gameplay Ini V5 but then "use Mod Data" is greyed out in 23.2. For 23.2 the log it saying : "Launching game: D:\Games\FIFA 23\FIFA23.exe (with Frostbite Mods)" so is the Mod activated or not?

Another Update

Title Update 2 brought about a lot of code changes which broke the AC Bypass. Due to this, you will be required to revert back to Title Update 1 by:
  • Update your game through EA App or Origin
  • Download Title Update 1 Download (1.72Gb)
  • Extract the zip into your FIFA23 installation folder, overwriting FIFA23.exe and the Patch folder
  • Restarting FMT

Another Update

Title Update 2 brought about a lot of code changes which broke the AC Bypass. Due to this, you will be required to revert back to Title Update 1 by:
  • Extract the zip into your FIFA23 installation folder, overwriting FIFA23.exe and the Patch folder
  • Restarting FMT
thank, but will you be able to adapt Titel Update 2 to work again as it worked now?

Another Update

• Restarting FMT
I would imagine it would be very painful that every update would break the modding tool. If they don't really modify the EA Anticheat themselves, could we create an autopatcher that automatically scans for the correct memory address(from an algorithm) and patches it?

An update on Title Update 2.

I've got Title Update 2 loading via FMT, bypassing the Anti Cheat and generated a new SDK. A big problem has occurred though. All our old mods/project will no longer work because the game code has changed so much! I am trying to find a way around it, but may be something we will have to deal with.

I've got Title Update 2 loading via FMT, bypassing the Anti Cheat and generated a new SDK. A big problem has occurred though. All our old mods/project will no longer work because the game code has changed so much! I am trying to find a way around it, but may be something we will have to deal with.
Can you link me to the instructions for removing AC? pretty sure I have tried it previously (editing line 89 in insaller.xml) and then launching via FMT but I could never get to a point where the AC screen didn't appear and the game launched. Does anything else need to be done? At this point I'm not concerned about mods not working - I'm just desperate to get the game to launch with AC disabled

Damn... There's a lot added in TU2 in terms of new cut-scenes and things, let alone the fixes (rather than the gameplay changes).

The gameplay in TU2 is absolutely disgusting though.

I had a feeling something deeper may have changed, because I'm seeing things I've never seen before in the physics. Very, very bad things.

When messing around on TU2, I scored a goal where my player chested a pass and then the ball was violently sucked towards the floor so that my player would be able to kick the ball before an opponent could reach me.

I've seen some horrible physics in TU1 where players bend and break to ensure they keep the ball, but... Nothing like that...

Can you link me to the instructions for removing AC? pretty sure I have tried it previously (editing line 89 in insaller.xml) and then launching via FMT but I could never get to a point where the AC screen didn't appear and the game launched. Does anything else need to be done? At this point I'm not concerned about mods not working - I'm just desperate to get the game to launch with AC disabled
Apparently if AC is still trying to run and you are using EA Desktop App then you may have to clear the cache. FMT will handle fixing the installerdata.xml, even if you are running no mods.

Damn... There's a lot added in TU2 in terms of new cut-scenes and things, let alone the fixes (rather than the gameplay changes).

The gameplay in TU2 is absolutely disgusting though.

I had a feeling something deeper may have changed, because I'm seeing things I've never seen before in the physics. Very, very bad things.

When messing around on TU2, I scored a goal where my player chested a pass and then the ball was violently sucked towards the floor so that my player would be able to kick the ball before an opponent could reach me.

I've seen some horrible physics in TU1 where players bend and break to ensure they keep the ball, but... Nothing like that...
Well that sounds worrying. When I read the change notes (increased speed of passing?), I immediately got angry. I haven't even attempted using TU2, and kept on using TU1, my last GP mod was getting to a point I was enjoying it, a lot!

Apparently if AC is still trying to run and you are using EA Desktop App then you may have to clear the cache. FMT will handle fixing the installerdata.xml, even if you are running no mods.
thanks - I'm not using the EA app so I'm really just looking for a link that will take me to a set of instructions for disabling AC if that exists

thanks - I'm not using the EA app so I'm really just looking for a link that will take me to a set of instructions for disabling AC if that exists
Why? If you are not using mods. Why would you need to disable AC? Either way, you wouldn't be able to use it without AC and my Tool (or Live Editor) together anyway.

I want to disable AC to (hopefully) reduce the stutter I get. The game does not play as smooth as I would like. It is this reason alone that I want to disable AC

Force disable MSAA through the ini might help you mor?
Already did that - set it to 1 which I believe turns it off

I’m pretty sure I’m getting stutter rather than a drop in FPS which I’m suspecting the AC running in the background is causing

Hey Paul, i`m playing trial version and origin must be in online mode, after i copy fe23_tu1, before starting the game, origin tells me to update and so on. Does FMT work with the trial or only with the full game?

Hey Paul, i`m playing trial version and origin must be in online mode, after i copy fe23_tu1, before starting the game, origin tells me to update and so on. Does FMT work with the trial or only with the full game?
It would need to be the full game AFAIK

Hi all,

Finally! Title Update 2 support is here! This also includes some big changes to FMT behind the scenes. So this is 100% a test. Stay on 23.6 and TU1 if you want 100% stability.

Summary

• FIFA 23: Title Update 2 support
  • FIFA 23: Brand new SDK with loads of updates and new EBX
  • FIFA 23: Improved Cache / Compiler performance
  • Brand new Main menu to Launcher/Editors UI flow (lets see if people can confused on this?)
  • FIFA 21: Major fix to cache generation and item is in patch detection
  • Projects that can be broken by a big Title Update are auto fixed. This doesn't work in all cases though, I spotted 3 Gameplay EBX that 100% needed to revert before being changed again.
As this is a big change to the entire system, I am "Pre-Releasing" to see if people will test it out and let me know. Thanks for your patience guys.

Link to new version
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-17

*NOTE: I wasn't expecting to be supporting this for this long and waiting for FIFA Editor to actually release. Lets hope it will be soon*

Hi all,

Finally! Title Update 2 support is here! This also includes some big changes to FMT behind the scenes. So this is 100% a test. Stay on 23.6 and TU1 if you want 100% stability.

Summary

• Brand new Main menu to Launcher/Editors UI flow (lets see if people can confused on this?)
  • Projects that can be broken by a big Title Update are auto fixed. This doesn't work in all cases though, I spotted 3 Gameplay EBX that 100% needed to revert before being changed again.
As this is a big change to the entire system, I am "Pre-Releasing" to see if people will test it out and let me know. Thanks for your patience guys.

Link to new version

*NOTE: I wasn't expecting to be supporting this for this long and waiting for FIFA Editor to actually release. Lets hope it will be soon*
that was quick :) Your Gameplay mods are working with TU2 and this update?

Hi all,

Summary

Link to new version

Great job! I'm happy to test it out, updating Fifa now :)

Hi all,

Summary

Link to new version

Hi Paul! I am on TU2, the game starts when launched from the app, but it crashes to desktop after few seconds (at the splash screen just at the moment user data should be loaded.).

Sould I modify the installerdata? (I have it unedited).

if
Hi Paul! I am on TU2, the game starts when launched from the app, but it crashes to desktop after few seconds (at the splash screen just at the moment user data should be loaded.).

Sould I modify the installerdata? (I have it unedited).
you delete setting in documents folder it should work ?

Back
Top Bottom