FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

Good morning gamers,

So, Aranaktu gave my SDK Generator a go. It hasn't worked on first try but this is actually not the worst of error logs!

1692085550436.png

I cannot keep handing someone else a 100mb EXE to keep trying for me. So until release (or someone gives me a beta code) I am limited to do anything else for this game. No idea why EA gave many others a closed beta code but not me (even though I get ones for Madden and NHL...).

Hey guys.

EA Sports FC 24 support

View attachment 229570
You can keep up on FMT progress on FC24 support on:

1. Git FC 24 Branch & Git Issues
2. This thread
3. or this thread

As I don't have a beta code (unlike some others). I am just working from the files and doing as much as I can with them. Aranaktu offered to try my SDK Generator tomorrow. So many thanks to him if he gets the SDK built. Will update when I can.

What I have done so far:

• Full file listings
  • Data retrieval
  • Texture support
  • Mesh resource support (however, mesh display isn't working as it should)
What is missing:

• Full SDK (so anything new, which isn't much, to FC24 is not supported)
  • Mesh display is not working as it should
  • Compile mod and test in game (I dont have a beta code/key, so cannot test)
Great News. Even you cannot test without beta key.

Nice too see even FC24 is priority that the FIFA 17 Profile gets some love from you. Had fun to explore the Profile again. Thanks @Paul-v
The option with the editing of the gameplayattribdb is a great edition. Unfortunetly I have no Hex editing skills. Could load Turf textures like you can see in the Screenshots. Just one thing to mention: Everytime I opened a new Project, the Tool produces 1 additional "Legacy" Tab. You see in the Screenshots that there are 2 after my first click new Project. I continued with 2 more new Projects click and loading another Project and there are 3 additional Legacy Tabs after that. But everything else works what I could tested with FIFA 17 Profile. Will tell AnthJames about the FIFA 17 Profile in your Tool too. I know he also likes the gameplay of the game.

Attachments

• unknown_2023.08.17-04.51.png
    unknown_2023.08.17-04.51.png
    466 KB · Views: 20
  • unknown_2023.08.17-05.12.png
    unknown_2023.08.17-05.12.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
  • unknown_2023.08.17-05.24.png
    unknown_2023.08.17-05.24.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi @Paul-v ,
Haven't been playing Fifa 23 for the last couple of month, decided to try it once more with your mods before FC24 release.
The latest FMT is failing with following error when I'm trying to launch game:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String[] modPaths)
at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()8/17/2023 11:27:17 PM
I have EA app version of the game. Some time back everything was working fine.

Hi @Paul-v ,
Haven't been playing Fifa 23 for the last couple of month, decided to try it once more with your mods before FC24 release.
The latest FMT is failing with following error when I'm trying to launch game:

I have EA app version of the game. Some time back everything was working fine.
thats a helpful error message. wouldnt know where that has come from.

FMT Update 24.0​

SUMMARY

New Profiles
  • Madden 24 Read Only Profile (partially working)
  • FC 24 Read Only Profile (partially working, based on FC 24 Closed Beta files, will work on it more after release in late September)

New Tools

• SDK Generator for all games (no compiled .exe in this release)
  • WIP Game Loader (replacing "fifaconfig.exe", EAAC.exe etc)

Updates

• FIFA 23 Title Update 17.1 SDK
  • UI Icon updates
  • More profiles using "Default Editor" with additional Tools
  • Madden 23 Latest SDK
  • Better Logging

Fixes

• Fixed FIFA 22 / FIFA 23 / FC24 / Madden 23 / Madden 24 not reading all arrays correctly (more EBX support)

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/FMT-24.0.8632.15216

FMT Update 24.0​

SUMMARY

New Profiles
  • Madden 24 Read Only Profile (partially working)
  • FC 24 Read Only Profile (partially working, based on FC 24 Closed Beta files, will work on it more after release in late September)

New Tools

• SDK Generator for all games (no compiled .exe in this release)
  • WIP Game Loader (replacing "fifaconfig.exe", EAAC.exe etc)

Updates

• FIFA 23 Title Update 17.1 SDK
  • UI Icon updates
  • More profiles using "Default Editor" with additional Tools
  • Madden 23 Latest SDK
  • Better Logging

Fixes

• Fixed FIFA 22 / FIFA 23 / FC24 / Madden 23 / Madden 24 not reading all arrays correctly (more EBX support)

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/FMT-24.0.8632.15216
Thanks a lot for the new update, Paul. Tested just yesterday for the first time "mods transfering" from 1 into another game. Needs further testing, so great to have so many new features in this new release! I really like the support for older FIFA´s too!

Hey, why can't I run FMT?
This is one of those moments where one of your mods is causing issues and the error is unhelpful.

I know that my old Career mod (Alpha 4) doesn't work on latest FIFA 23. So try switching to V2A4. Then possible removing mods until it works. Once you find the culprit causing the error. Please raise it as an issue on the GitHub page with the mod attached then I can look into it! <3

This is one of those moments where one of your mods is causing issues and the error is unhelpful.

I know that my old Career mod (Alpha 4) doesn't work on latest FIFA 23. So try switching to V2A4. Then possible removing mods until it works. Once you find the culprit causing the error. Please raise it as an issue on the GitHub page with the mod attached then I can look into it! <3
Thanks. I have uninstalled FIFA since I’ve been using FMM till now. I wanted to use FMT so I thought I’d do it on a fresh copy. I’ll let you know what was causing the issue.

Hi @Paul-v, still having the same issue with v24,
Mod Compiler Started for FIFA23
[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher.
[ERROR] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String[] modPaths)
at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()
It is happening immediately after pressing Launch Game button, not even trying to compile the mod etc.
The issue is only with FIFA 23.
FIFA 22 is working as expected.

Hi @Paul-v, still having the same issue with v24,

It is happening immediately after pressing Launch Game button, not even trying to compile the mod etc.
The issue is only with FIFA 23.
FIFA 22 is working as expected.
You need to supply the log files. I suspect this problem is similar to aayush.

You need to supply the log files. I suspect this problem is similar to aayush.
I don't think it is mod related. The only mod I'm trying to use is your latest gameplay mod.
Here is the log file.

Attachments

• FMT.Log.2023-09-06.00-02.zip
    484 bytes · Views: 2
Hi guys,im usin last version on fifa22 and fifa23.
Opening a project amd loading a mod i can see the textures but when export mesh it crash or if is a recente mod it crash before load files. Any help?
i would know if is possible have access to files into an old fifa22 mod to use in fifa23

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom