Football Manager Series

Graphics are also now starting to be released for the game so will start downloading them tomorrow and will put them on OneDrive.
The only problem is they haven't released the licensing fixes as yet.

Did you notice shooting? There are lots of diversity there as well. I see some beautiful animation in shooting.

Only played two games and did not notice the shooting variety.
Mainly just the players seem to have a heavier touch and the passing is more accurate (not more accurate as in accurate - but more accurate as in how you would expect a player to pass in real life - Confused? I am too..)

I will pay more attention to it in the next few days, but so far it really looks like they paid a lot of attention to the match engine this year.

I am addicted to this game. This is the most dynamic, realistic and funnest match engine since Football Manager began. This is consuming too much of my time. Other than 2 bugs from match engine, it's perfect.

Sorry guys, does someone maybe know (from last years) if there are any changes in DB (for example player stats) between full release and this beta version, or they only fix some potential crashes and bugs? Thanks!

Sorry guys, does someone maybe know (from last years) if there are any changes in DB (for example player stats) between full release and this beta version, or they only fix some potential crashes and bugs? Thanks!

Normally yes, there is normally a massive Day 1 patch hence why it is made very clear this is a BETA.
The DB will be updated with the latest stats, but these won't be massive changes.

But with all FM releases there will be quite a few patches up till Christmas then literally none after the winter update.

Thanks for the early impressions guys. Do you have any more in depth impressions about certain aspects of the game (tactics, match engine, difficulty with lower tier teams)? In past years the only way to increase a bit the difficulty was making fully active all leagues and having a huge DB with all players loaded. I just want to feel the struggles of managing a lower tier team and this to be reflected in the match engine.

Graphics are also now starting to be released for the game so will start downloading them tomorrow and will put them on OneDrive.
The only problem is they haven't released the licensing fixes as yet.
Graphics haven't been specific to a version for as long as I can remember. I've been able to load all my custom views, facepacks, kits, logos, etc. from FM22 into the FM23 beta without any issues. There are a lot of 22/23 kits available already as well. My favorite kit maker has had 22/23 kits available since early September.

Also, there are a few licensing fixes already available, but they aren't able to fix every thing until the full game is released. A few of the things not possible right now are:
  • Brazilian clubs' text colours are changed through an editor data file.
  • Another editor data file creates the Ajax non-playing staff and the German national team manager missing from the database due to licensing restrictions.
  • The addition of real-life media and journalists, encompassing most major footballing nations and continents.
  • Finally, it includes a small file which corrects the 3-Letter competition names to correspond with any changes made in the lnc files.

Graphics haven't been specific to a version for as long as I can remember. I've been able to load all my custom views, facepacks, kits, logos, etc. from FM22 into the FM23 beta without any issues. There are a lot of 22/23 kits available already as well. My favorite kit maker has had 22/23 kits available since early September.

Also, there are a few licensing fixes already available, but they aren't able to fix every thing until the full game is released. A few of the things not possible right now are:
  • Brazilian clubs' text colours are changed through an editor data file.
  • Another editor data file creates the Ajax non-playing staff and the German national team manager missing from the database due to licensing restrictions.
  • The addition of real-life media and journalists, encompassing most major footballing nations and continents.
  • Finally, it includes a small file which corrects the 3-Letter competition names to correspond with any changes made in the lnc files.

Yes, it is for this reason that I have not updated the graphics and files for the game as yet.
I have them downloaded and ready to go and will get them sorted for the games release on Friday.

For me the most important file is the License Fix, as this fixes so many issues with the game.
It is really weird using the BETA and not having any real competition names and licensing issues.

The files and OneDrive will be updated on Friday with all the correct files.

does anyone miss the on the ball/off the ball grids that champ man had before the 2d match engine first arrived?

I wish there was something like that, where you could properly micro manage the pattern of play of your team.

Maybe the match engine cant properly translate that sort of detailed planning at the moment.

But I hope they're working on it. A proper tactical movement module where I can plan where my players will be in attacking and defending moves. Like in that video of pep running training drills with the Bayern team...

The tactics are ok at the moment. But they just feel to be far too basic.

I wish they'd develop this, rather than endless iteration of dressing room team talks and press conferences.

On The Ball?

Is that the game on Amiga/PC in the mid 90's?

I used to absolutely love the World Cup edition of the game, although never won the WC.

TBH, I do remember the grid system of the old CM games, but I think the tactics have come on massively since those days and are a lot more in depth and better in the process.

On The Ball?

Is that the game on Amiga/PC in the mid 90's?

I used to absolutely love the World Cup edition of the game, although never won the WC.

TBH, I do remember the grid system of the old CM games, but I think the tactics have come on massively since those days and are a lot more in depth and better in the process.

Dont you think we would massively benefit from being able to actually plot out our team shape though, grid by grid? It just doesnt quite feel personalised currently.

Although I agree, all other tactics are better.

Same stats since FM 05 with some "special moves" in more?

Just to know (it's not that i don't found it relevant, but it's repetitive AF to see always the same player's panel)
Don't think i will buy it this year. The 22 is good enough, i don't care about the season.

does anyone know if we will be able to edit the ps5 version ie import files/images
You couldn't on the Xbox version up to now, so it's almost definitely no. They don't even officially support adding badges/faces either, they've banned talk of it from their forum so that they don't get sued by anybody - so they won't add console support.

You couldn't on the Xbox version up to now, so it's almost definitely no. They don't even officially support adding badges/faces either, they've banned talk of it from their forum so that they don't get sued by anybody - so they won't add console support.
Yes, there's no way they'll allow all this into consoles. It's still bizarre how KONAMI managed to stay out of trouble all these years with their option files support. Game is also PS5 only and doesn't release on PS4 for this reason I reckon. On PS4 modders coukd have been able to import faces/logos as png files into the game in a hacked or even unhacked console.

I love football manager and this edition is great but I am starting to get irked with pace of development, last few years each year it is has just been incremental. I find myself agreeing with this review:

https://www.eurogamer.net/football-...-point-for-sports-managements-slowing-veteran

I agree. Specifically, I find the match engine still curiously dated (I get that they're not developing for supercomputers only however). But what I find baffling is the lack of tactical control. I find their 'roles' solution to be horribly simplified; almost football tactics for dummies.

Even euro league football back in 2003 or something like that had full tactical control of player placement throughout the pitch, depending on where the ball was. And that game had a full 3d match engine, all be it somewhat limited. To be stuck moving sliders around, and picking only player roles feels bizarrely simplied. Players roles PLUS the ability to create specific patterns of attack or defence is the minimum in 2022 surely?

But instead they waste god knows how long on quality of life updates, pres conference, talking to agents. All this is fine, but only once full tactical control has been offered. In an age of system-based football, where practised patterns of play are almost everything at the top level, football manager is left seriously incomplete by not offering the ability to do the same.

Football Manager Graphics have now been updated to FM 23.

The licensing file has not been completed yet, with the upload meant to be happening tonight.

For the mean time the details are as follows with a list of what has been updated available tomorrow.
But basically - KITS, backgrounds, logos.

I would also like to point out that these files were meant to be shared with the Evo-Web community.
I noticed this morning when creating a new link 11 people were also given access to the files by other users.
I have tightened the permissions on the files so this shouldn't be able to happen again.
If for some reason it does and people continue to share outside to friends then the files will not be shared in future.

Link:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lJo7usi0CNJPJVA

Password:-
evoweb

Looks like the PC Game Pass version has had the "enable mods" switch removed (FM 22 had it, and it worked perfectly).

Trying to find out if this is on purpose or a bug, but in the meantime it means I can't play...

Looks like the PC Game Pass version has had the "enable mods" switch removed (FM 22 had it, and it worked perfectly).

Trying to find out if this is on purpose or a bug, but in the meantime it means I can't play...
Not installed the Game Pass version as have the game on Steam - I really wanted the BETA I never played.

This has been mentioned elsewhere..
You can mod the Xbox Game Pass version the same way as Steam..
The files can be found - C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Sports Interactive\Data\Database\db

Not installed the Game Pass version as have the game on Steam - I really wanted the BETA I never played.

This has been mentioned elsewhere..
You can mod the Xbox Game Pass version the same way as Steam..
The files can be found - C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Sports Interactive\Data\Database\db
Yeah, I replied to that post and said that the permissions need altering to get into the Windowsapps folder (which is supposed to be a secure sandbox from the rest of the system) - and last time I did that (before the Xbox app allowed you to just click "enable mods"), it completely wrecked my Windows installation and I had to format...

Oops... Turns out I can access the FM23 Game Pass install directory fairly easy. No need for any of the "WindowsApp" folder changing of permissions that guy recommended (which, in my past experience, WILL completely screw up your Windows install).

Turns out if you go into the Xbox app, click the three dots next to FM23 and click "manage", rather than clicking "enable mods" (which flashes on the screen for a split-second), you just go to the second tab (Files) and click on "Browse".

That then takes you to the install directory. It seems they've opened up the editing side of things, rather than locking it away like they did last year.

Football Manager Graphics Update November 22 + Licensing Fix v1.0

Kits - Updated to 08/11/22 - There aren't many available at the moment, but these are normally released quickly after launch.
Metallic Logos - Contains the new 2023.01 Complete Pack
Faces - Contains the 2023.01 Completed Pack

Background Logos - These have been split this year into individual files rather than one massive download.
Fan Picture Backgrounds - v2023.00
Nation Competition Backgrounds - v2023.00 and 2023.01 Changes
People Backgrounds - v2023.00
Stadium Backgrounds - v2023.00 and 2023.01 Changes
Team City Backgrounds - v2023.00 and 2023.01 Changes

Although there is a DB update, I will not start uploading the DB changes until Jan when the transfer window opens.

To download the files please use the below details:-
Link:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lJo7usi0CNJPJVA

Password:-
evoweb

This has also been added to the first forum post and remain there so users can find the Onedrive location quickly.

Back
Top Bottom