GoT - Season 4

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
So then, its back bitches (and dragons)

Thoughts?

I loved it, thought it was an excellent return - just want you want from a first episode. Plenty of new stuff, nods to old stuff and some good progression.

Such a good show!

Loved it. Many small changes from the books that make it surprising even for us, book readers. Great attention to detail. Incredible performances (even the young ones are getting better and better). The new character, the dornian prince Oberyn, is just like I imagined in the books. Nice to see Ellaria, his lover, is our old friend Niobe from Rome ;)

This season, if it stays true to the books, should be the most action-twist-packed of all. So, stick to your chairs!

Loved it. Many small changes from the books that make it surprising even for us, book readers. Great attention to detail. Incredible performances (even the young ones are getting better and better). The new character, the dornian prince Oberyn, is just like I imagined in the books. Nice to see Ellaria, his lover, is our old friend Niobe from Rome ;)

This season, if it stays true to the books, should be the most action-twist-packed of all. So, stick to your chairs!

Ellaria is also Luthers (ex) wife!

I've not read much of the books, but so many people are over the moon with the actor picked for Oberyn. Shame they got a new actor in for Daario. He was really charismatic and it's gonna take a while to get used to this new dude.

People always say reading the books ruin the experience, I've never really read them, but I'm thinking about it.

I started watching the 1st season again, and knowing the names of the characters, knowing the scenario they are in, makes the show much much better in my opinion.

I think the plot twists are slightly overrated, of course if you know when they are coming it can be disappointing, but at the same time knowing that that dude in the background of the scene is important, makes everything really fun.

Watching this show a second I can see I was really underrating this, and its become one of my current favorites. Like Drekk said, the details on this show man! Really amazing stuff.

Thank you George R.R. Martin for
killing Geoffrey, hope the same for Ramsey bastard of Bolton

Thank you George R.R. Martin for
killing Geoffrey, hope the same for Ramsey bastard of Bolton

nah, Ramsey is hilarious! Be interesting when little Alfie Allen snaps and goes on the rampage!

As for Joff, I wonder if the Iron Bank are behind it...

So far it`s been good. daenerys is one bad bitch. We need some bloody battles this season though.

it looks like that vision shows past and future events.

Oh yea, it could totally be a past event, but still I've read Daenerys had the same vision back when the dragons were kidnapped.
Back then I tought she was tripping, maybe it was a metaphor, but everything Bran saw really happened at some point. Problem is that throne vision seems so far away, if its both in the past or future.

Oh yea, it could totally be a past event, but still I've read Daenerys had the same vision back when the dragons were kidnapped.
Back then I tought she was tripping, maybe it was a metaphor, but everything Bran saw really happened at some point. Problem is that throne vision seems so far away, if its both in the past or future.

George RR Martin loves to toy the reader in the books, with true and false foreshadowing to the point you can't be sure of anything. That's what makes it so surprising, sometimes it will follow stereotypes and all of a sudden he does the complete opposite of what you expected.

And when you learn to expect the unexpected, then suddenly he does a different thing. Genius, master work.

It would be fun for us book readers if some non-readers could try to put their theories on what will happen :)

George RR Martin loves to toy the reader in the books, with true and false foreshadowing to the point you can't be sure of anything. That's what makes it so surprising, sometimes it will follow stereotypes and all of a sudden he does the complete opposite of what you expected.

And when you learn to expect the unexpected, then suddenly he does a different thing. Genius, master work.

It would be fun for us book readers if some non-readers could try to put their theories on what will happen :)

Yea I can totally see what you're saying by just watching the tv show, my sister read the books and she tells me a lot of details too.

But in the particular image I'm talking about:
My theory is that the final fate of the Throne is an abandoned room, slowly taken by snow (literal snow, not Jon). Winter ruling them all, and all the fight leading them to a back to basics society, back to 'wilderness'. I would love that ending :COOL:
But yea maybe it would be better to not think too much about stuff and just enjoy.
Last episode I didn't even enjoy the plot twist as much as I enjoyed the conversations, so many fun characters interactions on that one. Top notch television in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yea I can totally see what you're saying by just watching the tv show, my sister read the books and she tells me a lot of details too.

But in the paticular image I'm talking about:
My theory is that the final fate of the Throne is an abandoned room, slowly taken by snow (literal snow, not Jon). Winter rulling them all, and all the fight leading them to a back to basics society, back to 'wilderness'. I would love that ending :COOL:
But yea maybe it would be better to not think too much about stuff and just enjoy.
Last episode I didn't even enjoy the plot twist as much as I enjoyed the conversations, so many fun carachters interactions on that one. Top notch television in my opinion.

Nice to hear that. About your theory, it's an interesting one, book readers have thousands of them, but mine is a bit similar to yours, but I can't tell because I've read the books and my perspective may be different.

This TV series is slowly getting to the top of tv shows, it's amazing how many things they have achieved. There are details of scenes that put it up there at the level of The wire and The Sopranos.

My theory, considering what has been said about the finale of this season ("its the finale to end all finales and a real turning point in the books" or something), is that basically Kings Landing is obliterated by Dragons and kills most, if not all the Lanisters and anyone else anywhere near it.

I'm expecting some sort of mass battle and a LOT of the major characters to be killed off...

This TV series is slowly getting to the top of tv shows, it's amazing how many things they have achieved. There are details of scenes that put it up there at the level of The wire and The Sopranos.

What I find impressive is that GoT doesn't have filler episodes. Every single episode is quality. The Wire and Sopranos were amazing shows, but had dry spells in some of the seasons. GoT is quality 100% and isn't scared to kill anyone at all.

Thought last nights episode was really good. Though E2 had 'that' ending, the rest of it was a bit pedestrian, but I thought last night (E3) was well paced throughout and pushed all the stories on a nice degree.

Such an epic series!

Episode 6

best picture of the episode

Braavos

euurVv0.png

Yeah sfx in GoT are unparalleled for a TV show.. Especially now that they have a bigger budget to work with.

Thought the very best part though was Dinklage s mad acting skills toward the end of the episode. The explosion of emotion felt very natural. Emmy no 2 well deserved already!

Going great guns, love it.

Having no knowledge of the books, you never see the shocks coming.

FD

Been excellent so far this season. Liking the divergence from the books, am curious if next episode will massively change from the books.

No way, they can't change all that's coming in the next episodes. Non book readers must be enjoying this season inmensely, I think the pace of the story has been polished with larger scenes that let you inmerse a bit more on each character, resulting on more empathy with the characters.

I love vipers!

The women I work with are becoming increasingly frustrated with the way women are portrayed on the show. They have started calling it "Rape of Thrones" like rape happens every episode or something. :FAIL: I told them to just stop watching :BYE: if they feel that way and they said they can't because they have invested too much time in the show and want to see how it ends.

Last edited:
Well, as George Martin himself says, the show is based in a certain period of middle earth. And the book is even harsher and there is as much sex and violence as in the TV show, possibly more.

Judging middle earth morale with current day values is wrong. As long as the show doesn't make apology of rape (and it doesn't), I don't think why on earth they should be criticized for it. I've read many many books about middle earth and I tell you, Game of Thrones is very soft compared with reality, they were brutal times.

On the other side, the fact that they can't stop watching indeed tells a lot about the quality of the show.

The amount of rape and such is blown so far out of proportion by those who criticise it, seriously they make it sound like a female character can't finish a sentence without the nearest male forcing themselves up them.

I think I can recall maybe three or four counts of actual rape, and then some background raping that is held to account. But other than that it's very much consensual sex shown in the big scenes. Or maybe I haven't been paying attention.

The last rape scene in the Sept by Jaime on Cersei was changed from the books, from consensual to incestuous rape IIRC, so that was pretty disappointing imo.

To add one last thing. Yes, I know rape is a really, really horrible thing but what about when ppl get beheaded. Why no outrage from them? Today I said "Isn`t that just as bad?" or when Jamie threw a little kid out the window. They had no problem with that stuff now all of sudden rape happens on the show and they are mad. Laughable really.

Back
Top Bottom