Intermediate Pass Assistance (PA 0.5)?

millossobek

The 3-Stars Cup
19 December 2020
South America
Millonarios FC
1673589146519.png

Guys, made a pretty interesting "accidental" discovery.. Using @avok23's gameplay tool available here. As you can probably tell I'm a rookie when it comes to gameplay editing, but I hadn't noticed the pass assist level option in grounderpass in this tool. I decreased "pass assist" from -1 to -2, and I think I got a kind of a gameplay which feels like "intermediate" pass assistance, something like 0.5 PA.. (I'm editing a PES 2019 dt18). Even though this kind of changed my pass speed. I still think it's an interesting feature, one that gameplay modders were probably aware of a long time ago but could perhaps further experiment with. :)

- I'm not exactly sure if this change makes PA intermediate or if it's slightly assisted manual passing, but during gameplay it did feel like 0.5 PA. This is something I'd like to confirm..
- I believe this only affects "ground passes", not crosses.

In anycase, @Madmac79 @slamsoze and @Chris Davies might be interested in this as well, as they've also both found PES 2014 and PES 2015's PA1 pretty enjoyable, more like 0.5 or 0.7 PA.. I think @rockstrongo mentioned it too. (note that this editor seems to work for PES 2014, 16, 17, 19, 20, and I think 21 as well).. Some of us would like to experiment with this kind of "intermediate" PA, (as I believe @IbraCadabra96 did as well).. I think this kind of intermediate PA1 (if that is indeed the case) is interesting for a lot of reasons, some of us really enjoy PA1 but would like to have this option as well! :)

also tagging @Holland, @Lewpop, @*Supernova*, @Hels The Ronin , @tufkar84, @aninazare24, @incas36 and @Kolesnikcr7.. who also for sure know about this but still.. This is a pretty interesting feature, (first I'd like to confim that it is indeed an intermediate PA) Maybe gameplay modders who actually have WAY more knowledge about this than I do could take a look at it and let us know.. Maybe this could be the start of something cool. :TU:

I uploaded the PES 2019 experimental dt18 here. (I modified pass speed a bit as well) in case you guys want to try it. It's based on a previous edited dt18 that @*Supernova* made, meant to be played in "Professional" level. I'm playing PA1 setting, -2 game speed.

PS: I know I'm tagging lots of users here. Really don't mean to spam. :) Just want to make sure the gameplay modders and people who mentioned this potential intermediate PA can see this, as it might be of interest.

Last edited:
View attachment 197025

Guys, made a pretty interesting "accidental" discovery.. Using @avok23's gameplay tool available here. As you can probably tell I'm a rookie when it comes to gameplay editing, but I hadn't noticed the pass assist level option in grounderpass in this tool. I decreased "pass assist" from -1 to -2, and I think I got a kind of a gameplay which feels like "intermediate" pass assistance, something like 0.5 PA.. (I'm editing a PES 2019 dt18). Even though this kind of changed my pass speed. I still think it's an interesting feature, one that gameplay modders were probably aware of a long time ago but could perhaps further experiment with. :)

- I'm not exactly sure if this change makes PA intermediate or if it's slightly assisted manual passing, but during gameplay it did feel like 0.5 PA. This is something I'd like to confirm..

In anycase, @Madmac79 @slamsoze and @Chris Davies might be interested in this as well, as they've also both found PES 2014 and PES 2015's PA1 pretty enjoyable, more like 0.5 or 0.7 PA.. I think @rockstrongo mentioned it too. (note that this editor seems to work for PES 2014, 16, 17, 19, 20, and I think 21 as well).. Some of us would like to experiment with this kind of "intermediate" PA, (as I believe @IbraCadabra96 did as well).. I think this kind of intermediate PA1 (if that is indeed the case) is interesting for a lot of reasons, some of us really enjoy PA1 but would like to have this option as well! :)

also tagging @Holland, @Lewpop, @*Supernova*, @Hels The Ronin , @tufkar84, @aninazare24, @incas36 and @Kolesnikcr7.. who also for sure know about this but still.. This is a pretty interesting feature, (first I'd like to confim that it is indeed an intermediate PA) Maybe gameplay modders who actually have WAY more knowledge about this than I do could take a look at it and let us know.. Maybe this could be the start of something cool. :TU:

I uploaded the PES 2019 experimental dt18 here. (I modified pass speed a bit as well) in case you guys want to try it. It's based on a previous edited dt18 that @*Supernova* made, meant to be played in "Professional" level. I'm playing PA1 setting, -2 game speed.

PS: I know I'm tagging lots of users here. Really don't mean to spam. :) Just want to make sure the gameplay modders and people who mentioned this potential intermediate PA can see this, as it might be of interest.
I always knew that going into higher minus numbers would make the game feel more manual, but always tried it with -3, not with -2. Is an interesting thing, tbh.

Has anyone been able to test the dt18? Is it actually an intermediate pass assistance?

@Hels The Ronin that's cool that you never tried it in -2.. Maybe there's something that can be further explored there! :TU:

View attachment 197025

Hi mate, did you modify Supernova's Rev 2 or Rev 3? :)

Thanks!

Reviving this old thread..
Wondering of anyone had a chance to experiment with these values to make a 0.5 pass assistance,
Either for PES 2019 or 2021 (I think the editor works for both)
And if you feel any difference with manual passing? I'm still in the search for that elusive 0.5 PA.

Thanks in advance. :TU:

Reviving this old thread..
Wondering of anyone had a chance to experiment with these values to make a 0.5 pass assistance,
Either for PES 2019 or 2021 (I think the editor works for both)
And if you feel any difference with manual passing? I'm still in the search for that elusive 0.5 PA.

Thanks in advance. :TU:
Hi mate,
I am new to modding, I have chosen PES 21 as a starter.
I think I am the newest face-maker in the PES community thogh :YES:.
Screenshot 2024-02-16 014111.png

I wish to make my own GP, after trying almost a dozen of them but not being convinced enough.

(I play Football Life 2024 and there's almost no proper GP for it).
My aim is to make one.

I saw a link to this thread on another, and I was interested. I think the game sometimes do not give us much control over our assisted passes.
I would like to help you with testing your findings and get some experience from you.

My problem is, Gameplay Editor immediately gets quarantined by Defender as a Trojan, after download.
I don't even get to install it.
Please, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if FL is supported by the tool, I've only tried it for PES 2017-21..

Maybe you can add an exception to the program in defender so that it bypasses the scan? it's definitely not a virus.. For example, when you unzip it, just check the option "mark this program as safe" or something of the sort, and it should bypass it!

i'm not sure if FL is supported by the tool, I've only tried it for PES 2017-21..

Maybe you can add an exception to the program in defender so that it bypasses the scan? it's definitely not a virus.. For example, when you unzip it, just check the option "mark this program as safe" or something of the sort, and it should bypass it!
To be honest, I just did that before asking you, (I checked "Allow on this computer" in windows defender).
I was scared of infecting my PC.
I needed to be sure it's safe.

Please, if you have any document or information on what parameters to "mess with" in Gameplay Editor, kindly share them with me.
Thank you.

for what it's worth, i've had the editor for a long time and i've never had any problems with it. :TU:
you can take a look at my first post in this thread for the value i experimented with..

1712636986032.png

Quoting the first post here:

"I hadn't noticed the pass assist level option in grounderpass in this tool. I decreased "pass assist" from -1 to -2, and I think I got a kind of a gameplay which feels like "intermediate" pass assistance, something like 0.5 PA.. (I'm editing a PES 2019 dt18). Even though this kind of changed my pass speed. I still think it's an interesting feature, one that gameplay modders were probably aware of a long time ago but could perhaps further experiment with. :)

- I believe this only affects "ground passes", not crosses."

Let me know what you can come up with, and if changing that value makes passing "intermediate".. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom