Mobile Games [iOS/Android]

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
Seems nobody started a similar thread, so I am starting. Let's talk about games we play, or we used to play or we want to suggest, on our mobile phones and/or tablets.

The platforms are Android, iOS or whatever indie source game you know, that does not belong to the two established mobile developers, Google/Apple.

And I'll go first. ;)

I have tried footy games like PES/fifa/Dream league soccer. While the mobile phone screens don't help to appreciate the gameplay, I cannot also stand the touch screen controllers. In more new mobiles you can pair a Bluetooth gamepad, but it defies the purpose of mobility.

These last 3 years, while I have very limited time, I still play 2 mainly mobile games in my Android phone. Although I don't have the time I used to have, so I mostly do the login bonus and the daily objectives.

1) Summoners War: Sky Arena.
Dev: Com2uS , platform: Android/iOS
Description inside spoiler below videos

This is a turned based RPG, very polished, created by Com2uS. Has interesting content to do either single player, or multi-player, has PvP Com either controlled or live Arena where you fight real time online human players, has coop raids, real time coop raids., PVe story, mode, dungeons.

The battle system is very decent for turn-based, I rally love it, it's a variation of ATB-gauge system, depending on the speed Stat. I really wish so hard other jRPGs I like like Pokémon or Digimon would adapt this battle mechanic.

Furthermore, while the game is f2p, it is very freemium almost p2w if you are interested in the competitive part. The loot box part it has, "summoning scrolls", is of the toughest I have seen, the God of this games drop chances is very tough and not greatfull at all.

To give you a complete review, I am playing this game since 2014, almost right after the beta closed, I am from the oldest players. The monsters you can drop from scrolls are 1 star up to 5 stars. The scrolls-lootbox that you can open-spin to get a 3*, 4* or 5* monster gives you 1% chance to take a natural 5* monster.

In other words since 2014 I have opened thousands of to tier scrolls, I have until now around 5 top tier monsters aka natural 5*, while in the meantime I dropped the worst variation possible. Almost Every monster has 5 elemental variations, 3 types: fire, water, wind, which have cyclical type advanatge like-paper-scizors and 2 types Dark/Light which are strong and weak to each other ther and neutral to 3 other.

Also the microtransactions in this ge are so expensive e and so tough. When I check the shop, even the lost expensieve packs to buy, do not guarantee that you will get some top tier monsters or runes. You can spend 50€ and still be left in the mercy of the dreadful drop rate.

Despite all above, I play with pasience, I have not spent single penny in game and I am just happy, with my drops, or monsters are given as event awards during the years. For instance this month they had an event with Street Fighter characters as heroes. I got only Ken after I accomplished some tough tasks and from my spins to get someone else, wanted so hard Dalsim, Ruy or Bison, I got nobody! :P

Last edited:
2) Yu-gi-oh Duel Links {android/iOS/ PC (steam)}

KONAMI - free2play.

Playing this for more than a month. I do not comment about the general gameplay, before I complete my thread about Yugioh TCG.

Only two points that surprised me.

First, OK it's known, the game is freemium, heavy microtransactions oriented, with lootboxes with very shitty drop rates. Meaning that a player like me, playing with patience and without spending anything, based only on gifts and free events, cannot obviously compete seriously in online events. Which I can live with playing only the energy based PvE.

What's strange to me is how the big spenders do exist, since checking the game shop, even the most expensive loot, costing 300€, does not give you anything guaranteed, only crystals to spin in lootboxes-roulette.

Also the reward system of the f2p part, is very sadistic terrible by KONAMI. I mean the achievement/reward rate is no rewarding at all. IE a lifetime accomplishement, like a mission you can complete in 30 days, gives you a reward of 30 crystals, when the minimum cost to spin the roulette is 50 crystals for 3 random cards, from a specific pool. It feels very unrewarding.

TL; DR: I am mostly playing :

Summoners War on 2 Android devices,

Yugioh Duel Links on 2 Android devices and on PC (steam)

Calibria: Crystal Guardians on Android (turned based RPG clone of Summoners War)

I don't play Android games these days, my old phone couldn't handle newer games 😂

Mine was Dream League Soccer despite its stupid AI and easy to score, it's really fun to play. Soundtrack is very good, i think the last time i played the game was 18 or 19.

Another one is the classic Clash of Clans, game is sooo addicted, hell i need to uninstall the game before i spend more money into it, eventhough i still could control myself (only spend 10 bucks per month) now i haven't played this game for almost six months mainly because all my friends already left the game.

For now i only classic psx games (harvest moon, jackie chan stuntmaster, etc ) combine with bluetooth controller. The good thing playing it is NO BS ads 😂

I don't play Android games these days, my old phone couldn't handle newer games 😂

Mine was Dream League Soccer despite its stupid AI and easy to score, it's really fun to play. Soundtrack is very good, i think the last time i played the game was 18 or 19.

Another one is the classic Clash of Clans, game is sooo addicted, hell i need to uninstall the game before i spend more money into it, eventhough i still could control myself (only spend 10 bucks per month) now i haven't played this game for almost six months mainly because all my friends already left the game.

For now i only classic psx games (harvest moon, jackie chan stuntmaster, etc ) combine with bluetooth controller. The good thing playing it is NO BS ads 😂
I would play all those tactical-strategy games, if the battle-mechanics/gameplay was a little bit better, although i don't know how this can be possible in mobile.

As for money, even in my most played Summoners War, i have not never put a single penny. The only time i just paid 7,00€ was in a KONAMI game, just to support KONAMI while i wanted mostly to test a digital prepaid card i had, if it works in Google Play.

What i saw with my eyes and this is an evidence for me, the RNG of the lootboxes was superbly boosted after i paid my 7,00 €, i used to spin only shit-loots and after the paymen my loot-box FREE drops were godly.

After that i never spent again, neither had i the intension to do. In some games i had thoughts to pay some money, since they are FREE & polished in order to award and support the developers, but after i noticed the RNG changing, that prooved me that money manifests it, i changed my mind again, to NO MONEY spirit.

Forgot to mention... I play also Emulators on my mobile. The Game Boy advance emulators and PPSSPP (PSP emulator) are top-notch. With NDS emulator i had issues, framerate drops, as had in my old PC. What i did was pay for a second and last time, and i bought a paid emulator application, DraStic DS Emulator. It costed me 4,99€, but it worthed every single penny of mine. The application has top performance, never had FPS issues anymore, no crushes and decent support. It is a purchase i am very proud of and never regreted, while usually i am too sceptical with such purchases.

The only problem is with the mobile controls, that i can only play jRPGS , puzzle games and tactical turned based games on the go. Real Time and action games are vert hard for me to play in a mobile emulator, due to the touch screen controllers.

I would play all those tactical-strategy games, if the battle-mechanics/gameplay was a little bit better, although i don't know how this can be possible in mobile.

As for money, even in my most played Summoners War, i have not never put a single penny. The only time i just paid 7,00€ was in a KONAMI game, just to support KONAMI while i wanted mostly to test a digital prepaid card i had, if it works in Google Play.

What i saw with my eyes and this is an evidence for me, the RNG of the lootboxes was superbly boosted after i paid my 7,00 €, i used to spin only shit-loots and after the paymen my loot-box FREE drops were godly.

After that i never spent again, neither had i the intension to do. In some games i had thoughts to pay some money, since they are FREE & polished in order to award and support the developers, but after i noticed the RNG changing, that prooved me that money manifests it, i changed my mind again, to NO MONEY spirit.

Idk about other strategy games, but dare i say COC is probably one of, if not the best strategy games for years. There's a reason why they've been ruling strategy games for years eventhough it's not as popular like they used to be back in 12-16. First time i played it on 2014 the gameplay was much much harder, took me almost almost two years without spending any cash to get higher level troops & bases. When i returned playing it last year i started it spent my money on it, i couldn't wait 2-3 weeks just to upgrade troops & bases, lol. The game also has no ads, no lootboxes ( you get what you paid for affordable price ). I've tried any other COC Clones / strategy games but nothing came close as good as COC.

This is incredibly "basic bitch" of me, but I install one new game every month, and end up deleting it because I just never play it.

All except New Star Soccer, which is good (but just slightly too simplistic, even for a mobile game) - New Star Soccer Manager, which is decent (but I hate the "cards" system - why does everything have to be like FUT), and Football Manager Mobile 2020, which is just perfect. Being able to choose the more detailed match engine makes me very happy - it could be better, but seeing the action unfold you can actually diagnose and fix your problems on the fly, rather than text-only management games.

But what I tend to do most, is switch my desktop PC on, connect to it using Google Remote Desktop, and play the full Football Manager 2020 via streaming... I just miss all of the negotiations, the meetings with club staff, all the day-to-day stuff.

Honourable mentions to Big Crossword (sad, I know, but I've been solving one crossword for literally a whole year), Pac-Man 256 (which is such a good idea), Reigns (wish it was a little deeper) and Risk (which is fantastic, brilliant to play with friends, really well put-together game and gorgeous-looking too).

I used to play Golf Clash, which is a really well-executed idea in terms of the gameplay, but it's multiplayer-only and wow it made me angry to lose to players who would nail absolutely impossible shots all the time. I think what annoyed me the most is that you'd lose five minutes of your life, every time, to these guys who chose the most difficult clubs and suffered no ill-effects from using them. I'm used to PES making me angry, but not a mobile game. I had to delete it.

I've just signed up for Xbox Games Pass Ultimate, which includes the ability to stream games to your phone - but the vast majority require you to connect up an Xbox One controller, which I don't have any more, and I don't think I could be bothered doing that anyway if I'm honest. The whole point of mobile gaming is being able to play in five minute bursts here and there...

Anyone playing PES Manager on mobile? I was lurking in playstore and I wonder to download if it has any single player content, like an FM lite version. Or is it like a mix of MyClub and Top Eleven?

I play mainly two mobile games, while usually due to time I have time once a day only for one, take the login bonus, do some daily events, etc.

So if it can be played like a classic manager game, where I logging today do some setups and come back after 3~4 days and go on, it is OK.

If it needs daily attention and you stay steps behind in progress, when you miss playsessions, then it is not for me unfortunately.

My favourite game for a couple of years now on both iPad and iPhone has been “Pandemic”. It is apparently an excellent conversion of the board game which I had never heard of until I bought this.

When we had the real life pandemic in the UK I stopped playing it but just started again a couple of weeks ago. It has been updated and to begin with I did not like the update (along with many others) but have since gotten used to it again. It is good because there are many characters that you can choose to control which have different attributes which make the strategy different in each game. For me it is very addictive and the music is very atmospheric.

The only thing I would change is having an option to choose what city you begin in, unfortunately it is always Atlantic but that is just a small negative for me.

Since a few months I'm really addicted to Retro Bowl, a retro arcade american football game. It's from New Star Games, who made New Star Soccer. You have real team names but no real players. There is a basic manager mode, where you build a team and try to win the super bowl. The gameplay has pretty simple controls, you can either pass or run.

A few years back I was really into Alto's Adventure and Alto's Revenge, a snowboard (sandboard) game where you need just one finger to control (the jumps) and have to reach certain goals to level up and get new characters. These games are so extremely relaxing, they even have a "zen mode" without any goals. Just snowboarding and enjoying the colours and the background music.

Just got my new phone after 3 years 🤣 smartphone these days are too big, I hate this all 6 inches phone but have no choice.

Anyone know good racing game ? Without stupid ads ?
Hope you enjoy it. I am also oldschoool on phones, but bigger phones usually open the potential for mobile games.At lest for emulators.

About racing I am not even related to the genre, but from quick searches, I can see many familiar titles that seem polished, like a F1 by code masters, or News for sipped by EA or Forza by Ms.

As for ads I don't know, but since it is f2p/freemium I assume it is a mandatory evil.

The same about microtrams and how much p2w or p2play the game can be.

Then there is Mario Kart for more arcade, but Nintendo has some strange strategy in mobile games.
They are neither pay2play nor fremium, the are like demos, they give you basic content, but the rest content, like stages etc, is locked behind a straight paywall.

It's hard to find actual mobile games these days, most are ad+IAP infested pay to win nonsense. They are barely even games, it's like some calculated psychology experiment drip feeding content or simply holding the game hostage until you pay up. One game I gave a try recently (Score Hero) didn't even let you buy the game, you could only pay for 24hrs of "energy" for £2.99. More than loads of full games on PC. Absolute joke. Another one (New Star Soccer) I modded it to get unlimited in-game currency, and you can max out all your player stats (basically complete the game) without even playing a single match.

The best games are probably by using either a DS emulator (DraStic) or PSP emulator (PPSSPP), as those were at least developed as actual games with none of this toxic mobile bullshit. DS games especially work great on mobile as many are fully playable with touch screen controls.

A few mobile games I've played that are genuine games;

DATA WING;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DanVogt.DATAWING
A nice 2D top-down racing game. Great music/style/story.

Golf On Mars;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.captaingames.mars
Sequel to "Desert Golfing" with an added spin mechanic, just a very simplistic golf game with infinite holes and no objectives/modes.

The Room:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FireproofStudios.TheRoom
3D puzzle/mystery game, there's a couple of sequels if you enjoy this one.

Last edited:

also on steam for fre... ah some bucks. Amazing game - GOTY. Real graphics HQ sound.

And a game that never crashed ... ok sometimes...

Thank you so much The Postillon!

Anyone on PES Mananger mobile? @vialli82? I want to play it if it is like FM for mobile rip-off.
If it is like MyClub SIM mode, pack opening, energy based and needs daily login and PvP, I don't have the time for it.

Last edited:
Sorry @slamsoze bro, i don't play any mobile games, but i tried it at least the 2016 and 2019 version. I don't remember but it's a bit like an ML mixed with Myclub style in terms of representation. It was free at the time but yes it's daily login as you receive a tons of bonuses.
A bit more fun than FM (FM is a bit too "cold" for a mobile game in my opinion). About the challenge i don't know about the new version but the old seemed pretty easy, well FM isn't pretty hard neither when i read some people talking about their UCL wins with a 3rd division team after 2 years lol

Hope you enjoy it. I am also oldschoool on phones, but bigger phones usually open the potential for mobile games.At lest for emulators.

About racing I am not even related to the genre, but from quick searches, I can see many familiar titles that seem polished, like a F1 by code masters, or News for sipped by EA or Forza by Ms.

As for ads I don't know, but since it is f2p/freemium I assume it is a mandatory evil.

The same about microtrams and how much p2w or p2play the game can be.

OK since last post i've been trying to install any games on playstore but nothing could satisfy me from racing games, rpg, fps. Don't get me wrong some of these games are nice & all but i couldn't fit / adapat these newer games. I install & play it for few minutes / hours and remove it later. Sigh i hate being old, lol.

It's hard to find actual mobile games these days, most are ad+IAP infested pay to win nonsense. They are barely even games, it's like some calculated psychology experiment drip feeding content or simply holding the game hostage until you pay up. One game I gave a try recently (Score Hero) didn't even let you buy the game, you could only pay for 24hrs of "energy" for £2.99. More than loads of full games on PC. Absolute joke. Another one (New Star Soccer) I modded it to get unlimited in-game currency, and you can max out all your player stats (basically complete the game) without even playing a single match.

The best games are probably by using either a DS emulator (DraStic) or PSP emulator (PPSSPP), as those were at least developed as actual games with none of this toxic mobile bullshit. DS games especially work great on mobile as many are fully playable with touch screen controls.

A few mobile games I've played that are genuine games;

DATA WING;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DanVogt.DATAWING
A nice 2D top-down racing game. Great music/style/story.

Golf On Mars;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.captaingames.mars
Sequel to "Desert Golfing" with an added spin mechanic, just a very simplistic golf game with infinite holes and no objectives/modes.

The Room:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FireproofStudios.TheRoom
3D puzzle/mystery game, there's a couple of sequels if you enjoy this one.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion i'll take a look later.

I agree with emulator games, those are great, i play it myself (PSX Games with ePSXe). I think i'm gonna play suikoden, heard some good reviews about it.

Tbh, i'm not a fan with touch screeen. Before switching my phone i'm using this gamepad --> http://ipega.hk/gamehandle/53-194.html it's small fit in my pocket, cheap and long lasting battery, been using it for 1 year. But since i upgraded my phone ( it's 6.67 inch display & i hate it ) it couldn't fit anymore ;(

I kinda miss the good old java games, sure the graphic is suck but hey atleast i could spend hours playing on my phone back in the days, lol.

OK since last post i've been trying to install any games on playstore but nothing could satisfy me from racing games, rpg, fps. Don't get me wrong some of these games are nice & all but i couldn't fit / adapat these newer games. I install & play it for few minutes / hours and remove it later. Sigh i hate being old, lol.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion i'll take a look later.

I agree with emulator games, those are great, i play it myself (PSX Games with ePSXe). I think i'm gonna play suikoden, heard some good reviews about it.

Tbh, i'm not a fan with touch screeen. Before switching my phone i'm using this gamepad --> http://ipega.hk/gamehandle/53-194.html it's small fit in my pocket, cheap and long lasting battery, been using it for 1 year. But since i upgraded my phone ( it's 6.67 inch display & i hate it ) it couldn't fit anymore ;(

I kinda miss the good old java games, sure the graphic is suck but hey atleast i could spend hours playing on my phone back in the days, lol.
Being on similar mode, I recently got a 10" Lenovo tablet and started trying various games, usually going in and out, try and error method.Mostly trying, not stuvlcking with anything. Now I am on footy apps.

First my beloved Dream League Soccer, which while is not "the footy fix" of course, is doing many things simple enough for a mobile game.

Then I want to see PES mobile with Unreal Engine, in a proper screen now, cause in 5 and 5.5 inches, it is very hard to judge gameplay.

And FIFA mobile, which I last have played back in 2015 or 2016.
FIFA and PES are more shallow AFAIK regarding single player content and are mostly established as FuT and MC coin sellers.

After the action footys, I am planning to give a try to PES Club manager, which seems fun, and I Want to try again Top Eleven Manager, a game I used to play about 7 years ago but on Facebook. It seems it has changed leagues away, since the times I used to play it.
Question is, has it progressed or regressed? (Top Eleven)

So feedback time.

Top Eleven Manager, i played around first 20 minutes. Except for many cool new additions, the core seems similar as the Facebook days. Players and teams are all generic database 100%.
You sign them through auctions , so it needs daily attention. The match engine is upgraded through, it is 2D old DM style with text notifications between highlights.

Soccer 2021 Manager. This looks closer to old FM2006. It asked me to pick DataPack or create mine, I picked one from a creation center??? Which was 5* rated. It had almost all leagues/clubs with badges and many 2nd and 3rd divisions. I picked Stirling Albion from Scotch lowest division. The players seems legit, I don't know Stirling players, but they had minifaces in gameplan screen. Didn't play match until now, in Play store it shows a 3D match engine.
Also what makes it differ from Classic FM. This one, beinhlg mobile gebthough, is full of consumable boosts, that you can buy with coins, that you can purchase by microtrans. I hope they are not mandatory.

Decided to give an other try on PES mobile, although in my 5" phone, it is very difficult to watch the action and animations closely, or justify any gameplay quality.
This time I decided to pair my Bluetooth gamepad, in order to avoid the horrible on screen touch controls.
Unfortunately, although gamepad works flawlessly for PPSSPP emulator for Android, it does not work for neither pes mobile, nor Dream League soccer that I tried.
I really hope there is just some workaround that I missed, wen through all possible settings without any success, cause it is almost impossible to ignore those terrible, touch screen controls.

I know it is mobile game, but what's the purpose of being able to pair the controller to you phone, if you can only play emulators and navigate through your interface.

Last edited:
Decided to give an other try on PES mobile, although in my 5" phone, it is very difficult to watch the action and animations closely, or justify any gameplay quality.
This time I decided to pair my Bluetooth gamepad, in order to avoid the horrible on screen touch controls.
Unfortunately, although gamepad works flawlessly for PPSSPP emulator for Android, it does not work for neither pes mobile, nor Dream League soccer that I tried.
I really hope there is just some workaround that I missed, wen through all possible settings without any success, cause it is almost impossible to ignore those terrible, touch screen controls.

I know it is mobile game, but what's the purpose of being able to pair the controller to you phone, if you can only play emulators and navigate through your interface.

Can't say about PESMobile but here's the answer for DLS

https://support.ftgames.com/hc/en-u...to-use-a-Bluetooth-controller-with-your-apps-

Have you tried to search on YouTube ?

Can't say about PESMobile but here's the answer for DLS

https://support.ftgames.com/hc/en-u...to-use-a-Bluetooth-controller-with-your-apps-

Have you tried to search on YouTube ?
I've searched and found workarounds that require to download third party applications, that can do the remapping from touch controls to gamepad buttons. ..

But those things are dangerous as they can collide with Google mobile services, give alert to phone manager application, or start crashing in the future.

I was just hopping for default support, straight inside the app menu, by the app devs, as an alternative options, since controllers are still advertised for mobile gaming.

I found solutions like this.

Thread seems dead here.

Anybody got Open World RPG ? Like genshin impact but less resources

Thread seems dead here.

Anybody got Open World RPG ? Like genshin impact but less resources
Open world is the very last option in my case, cause i am very unfamiliar with the touch screen controls. In different case i would be all in, there are tons of hack n slash mobile games, and a lot open world recently.

I've been playing Lords Mobile for 5 years now, the game really shines when you play in a guild. :) Actually lately I haven't been too active but I at least try to log in once a day to keep the game activity going. :)

I'm trying to find a decent/good football game to play on my phone (without a controller) since I currently just have a 10+ old laptop. Is a game worth playing from the Google Play store? Some time ago I tried to play an PSOne Winning Eleven game by emulation but it was too hard because of lack of a controller.

I'm trying to find a decent/good football game to play on my phone (without a controller) since I currently just have a 10+ old laptop. Is a game worth playing from the Google Play store? Some time ago I tried to play an PSOne Winning Eleven game by emulation but it was too hard because of lack of a controller.
All the 3 "main" mobile footy games, seem decent enough, if you can get away with the touch screen controls and the lack of content.

Speaking of FIFA, PES mobile, and Dream League Soccer.

For me it is impossible to get past the touch controls,so they're unplayable for me.

Back
Top Bottom