My account says that it is 'awaiting confirmation'

ryudek2ndAcc

Non-League
14 December 2020
I can log-in without a problem, but I can't access the Editing Forum or post anything (that's why I had to create a new account to post the problem). It won't send me this new 'confirmation' mail either. Hopefully the staff can help me out. Cheers!

Here's proof (the account is @ryudek)

@Tomryude acc.jpg

Yo man!

There's tons of errors for many gmail users showing up in my log which seem to have started roughly an hour ago. I don't know what's going on exactly, maybe it's linked to the general issues Google's services faced earlier today. Can't do much about it right now on my end, unfortunately, since it's way past midnight and I'm off to bed now. Will tell @Mart , maybe it's something he can fix on his side of the planet. Thanks for reporting!

Yo man!

There's tons of errors for many gmail users showing up in my log which seem to have started roughly an hour ago. I don't know what's going on exactly, maybe it's linked to the general issues Google's services faced earlier today. Can't do much about it right now on my end, unfortunately, since it's way past midnight and I'm off to bed now. Will tell @Mart , maybe it's something he can fix on his side of the planet. Thanks for reporting!
No problem mate, I'll take a look tomorrow then!

Reactions: Tom
I've fixed your account manually. For now, at least. It could always revert back to not working any minute, but it's all I can do right now.

I can log-in without a problem, but I can't access the Editing Forum or post anything (that's why I had to create a new account to post the problem). It won't send me this new 'confirmation' mail either. Hopefully the staff can help me out. Cheers!

Here's proof (the account is @ryudek)

@TomView attachment 72755
happened to me earlier
you just need to keep resending confirmation and check your spam folder

Looks like Google's issue as all of our bounced emails say "this email address does not exist". Assuming this is fixed the confirmation emails should get through again. There doesn't look to be anything we can do but wait.

I keep on losing access to the Editing Forum and can't post anything every few minutes. Reconfirming my email remedies this, but a few minutes later I get booted once again and have to reconfirm my email once again. What should I do?

Yup, same here. Got the same problem again, and it seems like it happened at the exact same hour too.
@ryudek account is 'blocked' again and I don't get any confirmation emails either.
EDIT: After spamming the resend confirmation a couple more times it worked. I'll update if I have the same problem as @YantheYam

I can confirm it started having issues again after working fine throughout daytime (Europe). Nothing we can do for now but wait, sorry folks.

Sorry everyone but GMail going down like that twice in a row is unprecedented. We have to control our bounced emails otherwise we end up on spam/junk lists. If it happens in future we can temporarily stop that protection but obviously this can only be a reactive thing.

Sorry everyone but GMail going down like that twice in a row is unprecedented. We have to control our bounced emails otherwise we end up on spam/junk lists. If it happens in future we can temporarily stop that protection but obviously this can only be a reactive thing.
should I use a different email to Gmail then mate
because it's getting a little frustrating

It shouldn't be happening any more. Google resolved their issues last night and we're not seeing bounced emails. Is it still happening once you've reactivated? Your account looks fine. You shouldn't need to change email providers, the same thing would happen if they had similar issues and GMail is usually reliable.

Back
Top Bottom