NBA 2K General Thread

Great pick. Don't know what the mode you are going to install has, but the default game, and IIRC it was the last one, includes EURO League teams, if you come form Europe and interested in European Basketball. PANATHINAIKOS, OLYMPIAKOS, REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, CSKA, MACCABI, FENERBACHE, SIENA, ZALGIRIS, etc.... The 14 beast teams of that season are there.

The default soundtrack also, is my favourite of all series, second coming the NBA 2k11 soundtrack.
Just dowloaded the ultimate roster mod,
So in the upcoming week, when I have the time..I'm going to set it all up..first have to practice(alot) been away a long time from nba games haha..U also thanks for the information!

Last edited:
Great news! Looking forward to hearing what team and what year you pick!

As for me, I'm playing with the 96 Sonics with UBR, but switched it around! Traded Payton for Mookie Blaylock-Mookie was always one of my favorites!!-Detlef Schrempf for Walt Williams and Vernon Maxwell, and a former Sonic Xavier McDaniel, the X-Man! and doing an entire 82 game season using the 90's all around roster!

Of course I kept the Reignman, Shawn Kemp!!

This is the basic makeup of my team:
1686430314120.png

Center: Sam Perkins as the starter (hitting those 3's), Ervin Johnson backup.
Power Forward: The Reignman, Xavier McDaniel (The X-Man!)
Small Forward: Walt "The Wizard" Williams, Stacey Augmon!
Shooting Guard: Vernon "Mad Max" Maxwell, Calbert Cheaney!
Point Guard: Mookie, with Randy Brown backing him up!

There's fluidity in the lineup. For example, the X-Man could spend time at the 3, Kemp could play Center at times! I think the team is looking quite solid, perhaps not as big as some of the other 90's teams in terms of height, but a good mix of shooters, athleticism, and lockdown perimeter defense!! :GSCARF:

Great news! Looking forward to hearing what team and what year you pick!

As for me, I'm playing with the 96 Sonics with UBR, but switched it around! Traded Payton for Mookie Blaylock-Mookie was always one of my favorites!!-Detlef Schrempf for Walt Williams and Vernon Maxwell, and a former Sonic Xavier McDaniel, the X-Man! and doing an entire 82 game season using the 90's all around roster!

Of course I kept the Reignman, Shawn Kemp!!

This is the basic makeup of my team:
View attachment 219906

Center: Sam Perkins as the starter (hitting those 3's), Ervin Johnson backup.
Power Forward: The Reignman, Xavier McDaniel (The X-Man!)
Small Forward: Walt "The Wizard" Williams, Stacey Augmon!
Shooting Guard: Vernon "Mad Max" Maxwell, Calbert Cheaney!
Point Guard: Mookie, with Randy Brown backing him up!

There's fluidity in the lineup. For example, the X-Man could spend time at the 3, Kemp could play Center at times! I think the team is looking quite solid, perhaps not as big as some of the other 90's teams in terms of height, but a good mix of shooters, athleticism, and lockdown perimeter defense!! :GSCARF:
Great haha! Looks you have alot of experience and knowledge of the nba and basketball in general! And what is the most important thing; U are having fun with this retro game!

If you watch NBA 2k16-17 videos, even 2k14 (xbox/ps4) movement and AI was incredible.
this, looks vey good but not very realistic, janky and not very smooth tbh.
Not buying 2k this year, first time since 2k11.
still, sliders will fix gameplay as always, but not twitchy movement and bad physicality

Loving my 5 game losing streak on 2k16.
Second season on myleague, and before the losing streak i was in 4th place in the eastern conf, now down to 6th.
12 games left, my Team chemistry has dropped from 75 to 46% making it tougher and tougher to win.
Will be a miracle if i make the Play offs
but love it, no sports game beats this

@rockstrongo who are you playing with bro?
Magic.
I put myself in the draft after the first season (simmed it) and since Orlando had the first pick i ended up there.
I've created draft classes for the 16-19 season, will keep creating more when I go along.
Put the the right picks on the right teams after me.

The depth is crazy in this (all 2ks) game which is so much fun

Made the playoffs my first season, fell to the Bulls in the eastern conf Semis.
Hopefully we'll make it again, but team chemistry dropping, it's a tough one

Yes bro! I have stayed with 2k14 throughout the years, I use the "Ulltimate Base Roster", which has ALL the rosters from the 50's up to the present day.

I love playing 90's and 2000's associations with it! :)

1701998394446.png

Patrick!! :)

Just started a 94-95 season with New York!! This is such an interesting season (The 2nd of Houston's two championships). This is the season Jordan came back in midseason, wearing #45, and he wasn't at his best but still an awesome player (before the Bulls' second three-peat), the Rockets acquired Clyde "The Glyde" Drexler from Portland, joining Olajuwon in perhaps the best outside-inside combo in the league, Shaq and Penny were wreaking havoc in the East, David Robinson won MVP with the Spurs, Reggie Miller was at his peak with the Pacers, just great quality all around!

I absolutely love NBA 2k14's UBR patch. It's my childhood in one game! :)

2K has a long tradition of really great games.
One of the more underated and forgotten one is NBA 2k15, it came between two of the best games ever, 2k14 and 16.
So this is a "forgotten" one, but oh so good.
Me only playing MyLEAGUE have had a hard time with this, no player lock (controlling one player) and no simcast (being able to sim when your player is not playing)
Especially since i only play 4x12 quarters, that means i set my controller to cpu vs cpu when not playing.
So every game takes a very long time, at the same time its so much fun watching how good this plays, you really dont get to do this when playing it yourself.

anyway, 5 games in, and this little gem happened in my first game.
Kobe for the buzzer beater win, and check out Hardens reaction.
Amazing game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom