NBA 2K22 Next Gen Video Thread

I won't say that i'm impressed. Same for every games it seems, start of a gen + covid issues...
Looks a lot like PS4 version in everything. As the others games showed, even GOW Ragnarok (well GOW pushed PS4 to his very limits such as many games)

I won't say that i'm impressed. Same for every games it seems, start of a gen + covid issues...
Looks a lot like PS4 version in everything. As the others games showed, even GOW Ragnarok (well GOW pushed PS4 to his very limits such as many games)
have you actually played the game or you going by videos

No by video, no need to have a pad in hands to me for some type of game. But i got GOW (just started on PS4 not so long at all, but i will restart on PS5; i unfortunately didn't got time to get completely invested in a game. I like to feel "on it" litterally, and it was impossible due to my situation)

I talk visually, i don't see differences, and how it moves, still missing some smoothness. But i'm not so used to the game, and don't like it since a certain version in terms of gameplay.
They show us some trailer, i'm only giving my feeling on what i see then, so a bit hard to judge gameplay of course (as it's very lookalike to precedent version), but overall movements, physics, graphics, motions of course. Perhaps there's new stuffs, but well, i broken with the licence some years ago, and i don't force myself to continue, and don't regret it. Like UFC for exemple, i buyed the 2 by recommandation, it was a mistake... The part on the floor is destroying your pad and i hate it 75% of player try to push you to the floor and that's the most annoying part.
Well there's a "logic" behind, but it's a bit too complicated, i didn't buyed a chess game.

That's why i'm waiting a lot Esport Boxing Club, it looks exactly what i'm waiting for. I can't say it's litterally outstanding but the fundamentals seems all here and i saw the system of gameplay, with footwork etc. it's super appealing for a boxing game (also irl boxing) fan.

I feel like the start of the gen will be focused a lot on this : resolution and fps very high, physics, animations in building + some small details not game changing at all.
But i wasn't by any PS games show so... Looks really like a "start gen" in terms of movement, animations etc.
Perhaps one i don't remember the name.

No by video, no need to have a pad in hands to me for some type of game. But i got GOW (just started on PS4 not so long at all, but i will restart on PS5; i unfortunately didn't got time to get completely invested in a game. I like to feel "on it" litterally, and it was impossible due to my situation)

I talk visually, i don't see differences, and how it moves, still missing some smoothness. But i'm not so used to the game, and don't like it since a certain version in terms of gameplay.
They show us some trailer, i'm only giving my feeling on what i see then, so a bit hard to judge gameplay of course (as it's very lookalike to precedent version), but overall movements, physics, graphics, motions of course. Perhaps there's new stuffs, but well, i broken with the licence some years ago, and i don't force myself to continue, and don't regret it. Like UFC for exemple, i buyed the 2 by recommandation, it was a mistake... The part on the floor is destroying your pad and i hate it 75% of player try to push you to the floor and that's the most annoying part.
Well there's a "logic" behind, but it's a bit too complicated, i didn't buyed a chess game.

That's why i'm waiting a lot Esport Boxing Club, it looks exactly what i'm waiting for. I can't say it's litterally outstanding but the fundamentals seems all here and i saw the system of gameplay, with footwork etc. it's super appealing for a boxing game (also irl boxing) fan.

I feel like the start of the gen will be focused a lot on this : resolution and fps very high, physics, animations in building + some small details not game changing at all.
But i wasn't by any PS games show so... Looks really like a "start gen" in terms of movement, animations etc.
Perhaps one i don't remember the name.
Ok cos iv got the game on the ps5 and it’s an amazing sim, shooting is a real challenge, iv been putting in some serious hours on this and this coming from someone that has dedicated all this gaming life playing football games, the videos IMO don’t do it justice, I guess at the same time iv only just started playing nba 2k and it’s pretty overwhelming for me with the amount of plays, stats that actually work strategies, it’s pretty addictive, also rarely do I see very obvious floating in the game as to previous games as well, also game plays very smooth on the ps5, but like I stated watching and playing it completely different but that’s my experience. Yeah also looking forward to esport boxing club too, looks very promising.

I'm just telling what i saw, and it looks the same as i see last year and the year before again. And it's a PS4 with PS5 boost like the other to me, i don't talk about all the strategies or possibilities even gameplay. But visually only. Also physics are similar, collisons too. You're probably right about the gameplay (well you can't compare a football game to a basket, two collective sport totally different, just hand vs foot, catch vs control etc.), but i don't like 2K since i don't feel it "natural" to play that game anymore, with the button to select what player you want to pass, choose or whatever... It's just not my thing. Not a matter of simulation or whatever, but overall feeling of the part of "controls" in gameplay, which is very important to me. I tried, but just can't adapt and hated it more and more lol.

Esport Boxing seems a bit more next-gen or "end of gen" game than practically all i saw weirdly in terms of engine, collisions, animations etc.
That one and Wukong, well not a sports game at all
Just a bit OT about the game: I know someone i know well criticized Black Myth Wukong as i said it's the only game of that kind i'm waiting for, but he said "hum.. Not that much to me". It's the first guy i readed saying that. And he was right about some points : it's looking like a tech demo, there's an "artistical part missing", incomparable to what you found in terms of artistical in Bloodborne which is technically poor but more "alive" and suprising. If you know what he wanted to say, technics and power doesn't makes everything. And he was right, it's all about small details, choice of lighting, colors... Well everything related to the Artistical part. But i told him that the game got at least a big personnality and he agreed. It's at least very representative of the Chinese Novel which inspired Dragon Ball author Toriyama / Well it's litterally a copy paste. Sun Wukong in chinese = Son Goku in Japanese

Last edited:
Good to hear that the fans have re-conciliated with the franchise.
I've heard/read by NBA fans and the game +- good fans not super hardcore typed, that the latest version(s) were too attacking focused or too easy to do some stuffs.
Not 100% sure if it was since the 19 or 20 version. But some say i "didn't buyed it this year" so 21 would have been the same i suppose.

Good to hear that the fans have re-conciliated with the franchise.
I've heard/read by NBA fans and the game +- good fans not super hardcore typed, that the latest version(s) were too attacking focused or too easy to do some stuffs.
Not 100% sure if it was since the 19 or 20 version. But some say i "didn't buyed it this year" so 21 would have been the same i suppose.
There's ,just like FIFA ,but even more here so many different sort of players.
There's always the "game's garbage" types ,those consists of 99% mypark players playing online with their 99 ovr players in green hair.
But the SIM community has been very positive most years ,I've think it's been better every year for a long time ,the sliders to set it up any way you want is insane.

I'm a very happy 2k player since -13 (also have 11+12 on 360) and I think it's better now than then ,more modes ,more customisation options ,how I play now I couldn't do that on anything prior to 16

Ok cos iv got the game on the ps5 and it’s an amazing sim
The point being: it's essentially the same game on the PC (same gameplay, same graphics), the only difference being a few of the menus (in which I think there's already a couple of mods that address that). All this "next-gen" talk by 2k is just a sales pitch to boost console sales (they probably have a deal with both Sony and MS to say that) ;)

he latest version(s) were too attacking focused or too easy to do some stuffs
It is still very easy to score baskets with pick and rolls and fadeaway jumpers (it's pretty lame that you can literally abuse those, for sure). And the CPU also totally abuses of backdoor cuts. One has to fiddle a lot (and I really mean A LOT) with the gameplay sliders to have an enjoyable / realistic experience that feels fair (12-minute quarter games). Good luck with that.

@Becanes Obviously, this is not at all a take on the videos mate. On the opposite! Keep them coming :)

The point being: it's essentially the same game on the PC (same gameplay, same graphics), the only difference being a few of the menus (in which I think there's already a couple of mods that address that). All this "next-gen" talk by 2k is just a sales pitch to boost console sales (they probably have a deal with both Sony and MS to say that) ;)

It is still very easy to score baskets with pick and rolls and fadeaway jumpers (it's pretty lame that you can literally abuse those, for sure). And the CPU also totally abuses of backdoor cuts. One has to fiddle a lot (and I really mean A LOT) with the gameplay sliders to have an enjoyable / realistic experience that feels fair (12-minute quarter games). Good luck with that.

@Becanes Obviously, this is not at all a take on the videos mate. On the opposite! Keep them coming :)
No offense taking. I'm still liking the game a lot.

I'm still liking the game a lot.
Oh, me too! Just the new shot meter already makes it better than 2k21 IMO :LOL:

What I fear is that, since 2k now have "no competition" (as in, a monopoly ) of basket ball games, they might just become like EA and the Madden series.

Haven't bought 22 on new gen yet ,but I got massively disappointed with 21 on new gen (picked it up very cheap).
I think I have 5-6 seasons on Myleague/myNba old gen ,and it's so much better.

My team mates never hits their open shots (I'm playing with player lock) and they're so passive.
When it's simming stats are fine ,but when "me" are playing it's so bad
I'm playing with trustworthy sliders and settings on both ,but new gen 21 was a let down for sure.
I'm giving 22 a pass until it drops in price (I know it's better)

Haven't bought 22 on new gen yet ,but I got massively disappointed with 21 on new gen (picked it up very cheap).
I think I have 5-6 seasons on Myleague/myNba old gen ,and it's so much better.

My team mates never hits their open shots (I'm playing with player lock) and they're so passive.
When it's simming stats are fine ,but when "me" are playing it's so bad
I'm playing with trustworthy sliders and settings on both ,but new gen 21 was a let down for sure.
I'm giving 22 a pass until it drops in price (I know it's better)
Is it not on sale right now? I thought I saw it at 30% off unless that's just US?

Back
Top Bottom