PC Gaming

TMX Pro is arrieved today, but had trubble with Euro Truck Simulator 2. I don't know why. Any help would be very appreciated! :)

I had install the driver, plug the cable and restart the PC. Than installing Firmware update. Install ETS2+ some mods and launch the game but I could not make the settings for the wheel nor begining to driving. My mouse cursor move any time to the down from the monitor. Every button from the wheel did not work. And only sometimes return and esc from keyboard work.

But what makes me really crazy. I install ACC launch the game and it work perfectly. Maybe change some settings needed. And yea, I need time to learn driving. :THINK:
Why don’t you try a clean install of ETS?! leave the mods aside and test again.
if ACC is working then it should be the other game causing the problems.

Public Service Announcement : Wabbajack!
So I never finished Fallout 4 & I thought I'd go back. I've made it years without spoilers :LOL:
I decided to start a vanilla run, finish the story, get the achievements & then mod the hell out of it. I love modding Bethesda games. Even though it takes hours of tweaking & config so you don't get any crashes.

I started the game.. just looking at the dialogue options (or lack thereof) got to me. I made it to Red Rocket & thought "screw vanilla & screw achievements!"
I had read about Wabbajack, an automated mod installer & thought I'd give it a go.

So you pick from a gallery of modlists, I picked the Magnum Opus. An extensive list of ~609 mods with a simple readme. Set it up, click play & wabbajack starts downloading from Nexus Mods. Note: If you have a premium account with Nexus, downloads are quicker & it is literally one click install, but standard users will be prompted to download every single mod. I say the 5 pound fee is well worth in this case.

An hour later its done & configured every mod to work with each other ( this usually take half a day to sort out lol ), I was expecting bugs & conflicts everywhere, but to my amazement the game loaded up without a hitch. I have been playing for 8 hours already, I think I'm addicted :DD

For any modding enthusiasts that wanted to try something new but doesn't have the time or energy to mess with it, I highly recommend.

Link to WABBAJACK!

I'm in the same boat as you, started it but never finished it. Keep meaning to go back to it. Seem to recall there was a mod that made the flora/fauna really nice and green and it made the game look stunning, but as the author pinched some others' work without credit it got removed, presumably in the years since there's been a fair few alternatives released.

I'm in the same boat as you, started it but never finished it. Keep meaning to go back to it. Seem to recall there was a mod that made the flora/fauna really nice and green and it made the game look stunning, but as the author pinched some others' work without credit it got removed, presumably in the years since there's been a fair few alternatives released.

Indeed there are some amazing graphical enhancements. I'm running it at a smooth 60 FPS with my crappy RX 570 (what a beast, although I did the texture optimization in the readme) You can preview them, this is the video that convinced me ..

He has also reviewed the other modlists.

A more STEAM related question. Are you guys usually re-purchasing your old games, meaning you have or used to have the physical game back at the days, and now for X,Y reason you re-purchase it on STEAM?

I am asking cause i am in thoughts to buy the KOTOR series (again) from STEAM, but my general opinion is not so good so farn, not for KOTOR specifically, but for remasterd/revived titles.

Games that i owned in DVD and latter i purchased them again on STEAM, like the CARMAGEDDON series, GTA III/ IV/Vice City/ San Andreas, Age Of Mythology, Gun Metal, etc i can't recall now, in most cases, even in GTA San Andreas and Vice City, which are the most semimodern-semiretro , i felt that they were bad optimised, some random crashes here and there, in San Andreas sometimes the mouse becomes dead, and i must spam the PAUSE screen, or save and exit the game and re-load to recover.

Or in AGE of MYTHOLOGY, the game started with many expectations, had the extra Chinese civilization DLC, which was an addition in contrast to the OG game, had some updates in the first years of its life, but then was abonded with veeery rare update & fixes.

I don't want to say that all the RE-releases or "remastered" editions are rushed, or milking, or nostalgia moneygrab, but is this "the norm" or it just happened with me to be unlucky?

Last edited:
A more STEAM related question. Are you guys usually re-purchasing your old games, meaning you have or used to have the physical game back at the days, and now for X,Y reason you re-purchase it on STEAM?

I am asking cause i am in thoughts to buy the KOTOR series (again) from STEAM, but my general opinion is not so good so farn, not for KOTOR specifically, but for remasterd/revived titles.

Games that i owned in DVD and latter i purchased them again on STEAM, like the CARMAGEDDON series, GTA III/ IV/Vice City/ San Andreas, Age Of Mythology, Gun Metal, etc i can't recall now, in most cases, even in GTA San Andreas and Vice City, which are the most semimodern-semiretro , i felt that they were bad optimised, some random crashes here and there, in San Andreas sometimes the mouse becomes dead, and i must spam the PAUSE screen, or save and exit the game and re-load to recover.

Or in AGE of MYTHOLOGY, the game started with many expectations, had the extra Chinese civilization DLC, which was an addition in contrast to the OG game, had some updates in the first years of its life, but then was abonded with veeery rare update & fixes.

I don't want to say that all the RE-releases or "remastered" editions are rushed, or milking, or nostalgia moneygrab, but is this "the norm" or it just happened with me to be unlucky?

The only one that I bought is the Dark Souls Remaster, but that's more due to the whole community basically switched over & online is still busy! The enhancements are nice, but you can make the original look almost the same with mods.

In regard to the other games, I have read that GOG.com removes the online DRM's for many of them & apparently they are more stable versions in general.

Looking for a bit of guidance, as I'm going to be building my first PC soon and hoping someone might be able to help! I've bought most of the build components and am just looking trying to source a graphics card, but am unsure how I can make sure a graphics card will fit in my case. It's going to be a mini-itx HTPC, so space is at a premium. Other than knowing I need a dual slot card I'm a bit lost. The issue I'm having is that PC partpicker doesn't list some of the graphics cards I'm looking at - here's what I've got so far.

PC partpicker build components

I was thinking about ordering an MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 2X OC, but although it looks like it would fit I'm not 100% sure. Is there any way I can find out before buying a card?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Looking for a bit of guidance, as I'm going to be building my first PC soon and hoping someone might be able to help! I've bought most of the build components and am just looking trying to source a graphics card, but am unsure how I can make sure a graphics card will fit in my case. It's going to be a mini-itx HTPC, so space is at a premium. Other than knowing I need a dual slot card I'm a bit lost. The issue I'm having is that PC partpicker doesn't list some of the graphics cards I'm looking at - here's what I've got so far.

I was thinking about ordering an MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 2X OC, but although it looks like it would fit I'm not 100% sure. Is there any way I can find out before buying a card?

Thanks in advance
"this part list is private"!?

yes, thats visible to me now. the link still aint working in incognito and regular browser mode.
@bsmaff should have a look at the hardware list...! :)
other members sure know better than me.

so you want to go mini?! is this build going to be using in the living room? what games are you looking forward playing with this machine?

yes, thats visible to me now. the link still aint working in incognito and regular browser mode.
@bsmaff should have a look at the hardware list...! :)
other members sure know better than me.

so you want to go mini?! is this build going to be using in the living room? what games are you looking forward playing with this machine?
Yep it's a replacement for an Alienware Alpha I've got under the TV at the moment in the living room. Will be using it for gaming and a HTPC, currently got my AV amp hooked up to surround sound and a 4K TV as well as a 1080p projector for movie nights. As I've mentioned I've bought all the parts above, so please don't tell me to buy something else! Just need a dual slot graphics card, and am thinking 3060ti at the moment.

I've not played anything in 4K so looking forward to that, reckon PES2021 should be doable with this rig once the graphics card is sorted. I've not really played any recent games due to the current PC restrictions, wouldn't mind giving Deathloop a go though

Thanks in advance

Have you actually purchased the parts and they have been delivered?
The only reason is now is not a good time to be buying PC components, as Intel and AMD are both changing their chip sockets in for the next generation with Intel also finally moving to PCIe 4.0.

In regards to ITX builds you would need to check the case manufacturers website for the maximum allowed size for additional cards - I had a quick look at the website and it states it will fit a full length expansion card and shows a single layer fan GPU in the pic.

Expansion cardCompatible up to 10.6" (270mm) long, width restriction-5.11" (129mm)

Have you actually purchased the parts and they have been delivered?
The only reason is now is not a good time to be buying PC components, as Intel and AMD are both changing their chip sockets in for the next generation with Intel also finally moving to PCIe 4.0.

In regards to ITX builds you would need to check the case manufacturers website for the maximum allowed size for additional cards - I had a quick look at the website and it states it will fit a full length expansion card and shows a single layer fan GPU in the pic.

Expansion cardCompatible up to 10.6" (270mm) long, width restriction-5.11" (129mm)
Yes mate, I've been slowing buying everything over the past year or so. I've got deals or RRP on all the items, so haven't paid over the odds but take your point on PCEi 4.0. I'm happy with what I've got right now, just need the graphics card and I'm able to start building

The card I'm looking at has these dimensions, so looks like it should fit: 235mm x 124mm x 42mm

So this just happened

Enjoy mate! Building is great & so is that card.

I remember the shock I felt the first time seeing Battlefield in 4K. It was my cousins new build ( I don't even have a 4K monitor yet :LOL:), so I load up Battlefield 1 & out of habit, I set the resolution to 1920x1080. I was playing saying wow this looks really nice! My cousin laughed & when I switched to 4K I was in awe! Such clarity.

Enjoy mate! Building is great & so is that card.

I remember the shock I felt the first time seeing Battlefield in 4K. It was my cousins new build ( I don't even have a 4K monitor yet :LOL:), so I load up Battlefield 1 & out of habit, I set the resolution to 1920x1080. I was playing saying wow this looks really nice! My cousin laughed & when I switched to 4K I was in awe! Such clarity.
On my current system, I'm still playing PES2021 in 1080p on medium settings. Just maxxing it out on 1080p will be amazing for me, never mind the jump to 4K....will probably make my brain explode

Any recommendations on software to stress test CPU / GPU and thermals etc.?

If your not overclocking then there isn't much to worry about TBH.
RealBench is probably the best stress tester out there for testing general performance, and RealTemp is good for CPU temp.

But unless your overclocking, there is no point in any benchmarks.

So building a PC is a bloody nightmare!! 3 hours in, gonna take the dog for a long walk and try to calm my nerves 🤣

Attachments

• 16326601501756624124857953975790.jpg
    16326601501756624124857953975790.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 16326601743141392124991399693988.jpg
    16326601743141392124991399693988.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
So building a PC is a bloody nightmare!! 3 hours in, gonna take the dog for a long walk and try to calm my nerves 🤣

Looks alright mate! Remember to "cable manage" .. I personally don't care what they look like, as long as they aren't in the way of each other.
Things are cramped because its a mini case, but keep at it!

I've gotten so frustrated & couldn't understand I was putting the RAM in upside down once :LOL: You are gaining XP !

Back
Top Bottom