PES 2010 vs 2011 vs 2012 vs 2013?

millossobek

The 3-Stars Cup
19 December 2020
South America
Millonarios FC
Inspired by this thread, I would like to start a new discussion: How about we focus on PES 2010-13? I think these games are often overlooked, sandwiched in between the great PES 5 and 6 and the newer editions, some of which are also great. Anyway, I think 2010-13 can be grouped together and compared with each other. PES 2014 of course is a new generation and PES 2009 I feel is a bit too different to be included in this group.

The retro PES corner has a lot of opinions on these games, but I think it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for these 4 editions to analyze and compare.

1671833105935.png1671833143377.png1671833176269.png1671833268827.png

Personally, I think PES 2010 and 2011 battle for the top spot. (I play on PC exclusively). I wrote a lot about PES 2010 in a different post. I think it's a solid installment, but only with gameplay mods (the vanilla gameplay has a lot of issues), so I guess it shares the top spot with kind of with an asterisk* Despite this, its tactics, very deep Master League, great presentation and production make it a solid package IMO.

This being said, PES 2011 has the best vanilla gameplay. Even though it has some issues (I think there's a tendency for too many low scoring games,, and the teammate AI could be improved), it has a logical and complete gameplay system that rewards buildup and patient play and overall, the gameplay makes sense. It has a nice default pass assistance system. I have yet to find a gameplay mod which works for me that improves upon it. PES 2010's presentation is my favorite, it has beautiful colors (best graphics in the generation), a great soundtrack, and is overall well put together.. But its dependence of gameplay modding prevents it from being #1 in my list. Without modding, PES 2010 is too easy and also has too many issues regarding CPU possession.

PES 2012 I only played a few games and frankly didn't like it. the animations seem a little stiff and the gameplay (especially on defense) is not too much to my liking.

PES 2013 is a divisive game: Some people swear by it and remains amongst the top of their list, but in my case I think the gameplay is too attack oriented and too much based on counterattacks, makes the game way too offensive and the pace is a bit exaggerated IMO. However, I was able to play one season before getting a bit bored with it.

So all in all, I'd say that for me, here is my ranking:
PES 2011 and PES 2010 share the top spot.
PES 2010 is my favorite overall package in terms of presentation, soundtrack, and tactics. But its vanilla gameplay has a lot of issues, and depends almost entirely on mods to make the gameplay playable.
PES 2011 has a logical and thorough gameplay that rewards patient ball possession and buildup, with midfield battles, but it has some gameplay issues.
PES 2013 has a lot of good patches and add-ons, but its gameplay doesn't really suit my playing style too much.
Couldn't really play PES 2012 for too long because of clunky animations and defense..

Would love to hear more opinions! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
I enjoy a lot seeing new threads like this, where could coexist different arguments and opinions mostly related to its own user experience, but also in most cases those debates could be subjective. What I can say from the start is that PES 2010 feels very different comparing it to 2011, 2012 and 2013. So different that eventually could be made another thread comparing it with the previous iterations. That huge difference was the 360 degree movement implementation later in 2011 and that was a game changer where the passing system was feeling more manual not to mention also the physics of the ball and those awesome nets. As I see it I'm looking to PES 2010 more as a refinement of PES 2008 and 2009 (belonging to that trilogy) than a direct comparison to those last three iterations.

Overall I still think PES 2011 was a better game than 2010 for those mentioned reasons alone, but mostly I enjoyed even more PES 2013 for some new refinements, where player ID had an important role in tactics, player animations, and unique actions of players that matured the character of individuals and offered more flavor to teams. There were also some downfalls in PES 2013 of course like in all classic PES games but mostly I thing the improvements are surpassing those annoyances, and for those facts I can categorize PES 2013 as the best of those PS3 generation games. Then in the second spot closely will be PES 2011 and then PES 2012 because that version wasn't so innovative from those three. In other hand speaking about the first trilogy I must say without a doubt that PES 2010 was the best of those, with PES 2009 second and PES 2008 in the last place.

Like I've mentioned in another thread, I'm enjoying way more those PES games from the PS2 era, but In the end I think all six games from the PS3 era are good games if those are patched and if the hype or motivation is there to be experienced again with open arms...

@etb10dmk Mate, I've been having a bit of a struggle with PES 2011 lately. I've finally decided to give it a long play and even though I appreciate the midfield battles, it seems to me like the game lacks a little bit of dynamism. I'm getting way too many 0-0 scores even when playing 20 minute games.. What have your experiences been regarding gameplay in this installment? I really like all other aspects of the game though.. Presentation and features are really top notch, some of the best in the series.

My ranking:

1. PES 2013

I completely agree with the description that it's a very attack-oriented game based around counterattacking, end-to-end football, with no real need for build-up play. But, it's just so damn fun to play :D . Defending in PES 2013 is the most fun I've ever had without the ball in a football game - the player switching and general responsiveness is incredible. With the ball, the dribbling, passing and especially shooting are all improved from 2011 and 2012, even better with some of the mods (Jenkey's gameplay tool in particular). All of which leads to my favorite game of the PS3/360 era, and probably still the PES game that I've sunk the most hours into. I still have it on my PC for the occasional 2v2 game with friends.

2. PES 2011

Absolutely loved this one when it came out, especially the at-the-time revolutionary 360-degree movement and new passing system. Had to work really hard to score in this one, which made it really rewarding when the ball went in. Biggest weakness I remember is the shooting, which was too floaty. Still a great game.

3. PES 2012

Another really fun entry, I'd place it below the other two because it was a little too arcadey compared to 11, and the ball physics and general gameplay wasn't quite as refined as 13. I think this is also the one that first introduced the off-the-ball runs on set pieces, and the first incarnation made it a little too easy to score from corners with big lumps like Zigic. Shooting wasn't quite there either, still a little too floaty and weightless (I think Jenkey did a mod for this one too which did make it much better).

4. PES 2010

Wouldn't really bucket this one with 2011-13 personally - I think 2008 to 10 all belong in the same group where the series was still transitioning from the PS2 era to next-gen. This one still had the old (and frankly archaic at this point) passing system, and a very half-assed implementation of 360-degree movement that didn't really convince until they sorted it out in 2011. It was fun enough to play but the PES formula was looking pretty stale at this point, especially considering the massive improvements FIFA made between 08 and 10. The next game was a huge step up.

PES 2011. The rest i tried but no "one more game" at all. But PES 2013 got probably the best authentic patch ever made, the last PESEDIT from the season 12-13 (so, original season) with tons of teams, and all stats very "Konami's like" and balanced. Faces corrected too and creation were all okay
... But their 2010 and 2011 patch are good too.

2010 is more like from 2008-09-10 versions. I found the movement and all pretty fun but the ball is too often on target. And i hate the 2xforward > transformed in a Ronaldinho move...
2013 got players way too light, physicality is nowhere, perhaps the AI got more variety but i don't care when i don't "feel" the players like in PES 2011.
No comment about the 2012, i retried it and a bit the same "players/ball too light" but not as floating than the 2013.

But everyone got his preference regarding 2 things AI versus Physics realism. I prefers a solid but not basic AI then you got yourself to do what you want with your teamates, with very logic physics (speed of execution is something else) and weight feeling. Some prefers AI variety and movement instead and care less about what i said regarding physics, something which is more applying to every sports than football especially.

So 2011 with a lot of advance then 2013, 2012 5 miles behind. I would even said that it's for me the most replayable version from the PS3 era...
Pretty hard to judge with the recoil 2008-09-10 as they're too much similar to PS2 versions. But the 2008, with the big recoil we have now, seems the more authentic, like 2011 is.
>Mention to the most beautiful PES made especially lighting : PES 2010.

I given both their chance not so long ago like 3 years, and i retain only that version. 2013 seems like they streched and pushed the limits of the engine too far and i can feel it and see it, it gives me an amateurish taste. Even more than 2012.

Last edited:
@etb10dmk Mate, I've been having a bit of a struggle with PES 2011 lately. I've finally decided to give it a long play and even though I appreciate the midfield battles, it seems to me like the game lacks a little bit of dynamism. I'm getting way too many 0-0 scores even when playing 20 minute games.. What have your experiences been regarding gameplay in this installment? I really like all other aspects of the game though.. Presentation and features are really top notch, some of the best in the series.

PES 2011 as you've mentioned above it's more of a tactical game, less dynamic on the pitch and more centered on the strategic aspects (especially on the midfield), where you need also to stay alert where there could be opportunity to use correctly the new 360Āŗ movement and the pass system. It's more slower paced than 2008-2010 versions and feels like a more rewarding experience just for those reasons alone. Then you can find other positive aspects where PES 2011 (and all the trilogy) have the best menus in PES games, lots of classic style unlockables, the best ML/BAL, and for those facts alone the last PS3 PES trilogy games between 2011-2013 are more refined than those previous three versions 2008-2010, but at the same time there are also positives in those previous versions.

Besides that, the full action on the field as you like to call it "dynamism" and for the risk/reward gameplay situations, for in depth player stats or for enjoying different flavors via varied era patches, I prefer way way more the PS2 games PES 3,4,5,6, not to mention that in my opinion PES 6 it's the far beyond planet earth the most modded football game in the football videogame history. As an example I alone have on my desktop the entire football history from 1990-2023 (and thanks to the entire evo-web editing forum I have lots of polished 6's on my screen): all the seasons, all world cup/ euro patches, football classic era versions as also the original season patches for the PES 3-6 (Really, I don't need anything else).

PES Collection.jpg

Those for me are the pinnacle and the altar of football videogaming, and besides those in the second place are the patched versions of PES 2008-2013 with their original season (World Patch & PESEdit formula), and nothing else... the true PES for me finishes there. As conclusion, I can mention that for me ISS/PES games from PS 1-3 era are all great & awesome depending on the personal mood from a specific moment. But beyond PES from the PS3 era, well, we all know what it is...

Last edited:
I ain't a fan of PES 6, but all those mods and version, damn it's crazy, there's almost all leagues and era you may found on it, so it "transforms" the game in a good game.
Well it's not a so bad game at all, just the balance is missing. Still an Action-Football game but more offensive oriented.
The 360 version is my favourite, very different in terms of balance.

Sad it's not PC playable neither patch or mods, but from my ranking (PES 08 PS2 era, JL2008CC on the top of all PES PS2), let's say that PES 6 on Xbox 360 is in my mind in rivality with PES 5/WE9 (as i rank by era for some version... Except for WE8/PES 4 as WE8LE is awesome)
Looks like the AI was balanced for, weirdly, the first 16/9 with large screen where you can see everything. So as it was faster to found a receiver or doing a construction, they rebalanced the game with a slower tempo regarding dribbling and pass speed.

Makes me think about One BIG thing we forgot a lot when some compare PS2 era to i don't know, some good game from PS3/PS4 era : when i play in 16/9 mods : i got easier. Like if we see the hidden part of the DF, midfielder etc. positioning so you know better where to aim your passes.

I play on 4:3 "HD" often, except PES5... But WE9, the most defensive WE/PES ever created would have been cool to play on 16:9. Midfielders cuts pass a lot.
I remember at the time, we were very purist about balance, also all good at the game so no real big challenge vs AI (needs to always take a lower teams... I personnally love to play with legendary clubs like Real Zidane version on PES 3 to 5) and when the game cames out we all said "FINALLY!"

Well, WE9 is the hardest... But i believe than PES 1/WE5FE compete easily with that version in terms of difficulty.

One question : i kinda liked PES 4 as a guilty pleasure, but bugs and too much sprint oriented annoy me when i replay it.
Is there a good patch for that version? I got WE8LE but i considers it as a really different game with different feeling, PES 4 was more free.

Thanks in advance and i don't care if it's a 2000-2001 patch or 2015-16, just no thanks about 70/80/90 historical team that i've never see those guys players or Brasilian league again and again everywhere.

So my favorite era is with 1995-2005, like in suppose practically 85% of the forum ;)

One question : i kinda liked PES 4 as a guilty pleasure, but bugs and too much sprint oriented annoy me when i replay it.
Is there a good patch for that version? I got WE8LE but i considers it as a really different game with different feeling, PES 4 was more free.

Thanks in advance and i don't care if it's a 2000-2001 patch or 2015-16, just no thanks about 70/80/90 historical team that i've never see those guys players or Brasilian league again and again everywhere.

So my favorite era is with 1995-2005, like in suppose practically 85% of the forum ;)

We kinda' get off-topic here because we are derailing a little bit even more with the discussion on the PS2 era and @millossobek eventually will :CENSOR: us :LOL:, but overall for the sake of information and pure curiosity I must say that a PS2 PES game if its patched good and correctly, then the product changes a lot (almost every aspect) from the vanilla version. Because of the implementation and utility of the great Kitserver (that is included directly in all those patches) you can play on your maximum high resolution graphics (for example I play all PES PS2 patches on 2K), then also you can change in those .cfg files almost anything: the speed of the game to make it slower, the camera zoom, etc (the information is there). As for the best authentic patches for PES 4 there are those called "World Patch" for both PES 3 and PES 4, but there is also the "WEndetta Patch" for both, or "Wolf Patch" for PES4 that's great, but I prefer mostly World Patch cause feels simple.

I don't know how much you will enjoy a patched PES 4 now, but definitely if you tweak just a little the stuff from the kitserver eventually you will like it a lot like a different flavor of the original game from the past... The editing forum is full of talented people and awesome polished content that we can't get anywhere else, so we are lucky that we can enjoy all that content at free will. There is even a PES 6 patch for the entire season '96 in the making, so check those threads out, eventually you will feel at home, are awesome... :TU:

Well, i'm completely for off topic when you take something else for explaining something related to the thread ;)
If we stick on the question only, it will be a one dimensional discussion.

One or two post won't kill the thread. A bit of freedom as long as it doesn't completely replace the subject is not a drama.

hahahaha not a problem bros,, expanding the topic a bit is ok!! :TU:

I love PES 5 and 6, both for different reasons. PES 5 is a brutally fun representation of the game, unforgiving and very very physical. Ball physics are really something too. PES 6 is more streamlined, and I love its simplicity and accurate depiction of stats! Like @etb10dmk mentioned, it has to be the most modded football game ever, if not of all time!

@vialli82 Bro, instead of applying patches, I downloaded straight from @Sany023 the PES 4 World Patch 2004-05. It is very good and a very easy installation. Give it a shot, it is available here!

Going back to the discussion, I know that most people group PES 2010 with 2008 and 2009.. But for me it kinda belongs in a different group.. 2008 for me belongs more with PES 6, it's similar to it even though many people don't like it, and PES 2009 is kind of an in-between for me.. I really like 2010's polish and presentation.. For some reason when I'm playing it, I feel like it goes with 2011-13.. but I know that I'm pretty much the only one who thinks so. :LMAO:

I played one season of PES 2013 Master League, and even though it was fun.. I couldn't get used to the insanely counter-attacking style.. Seemed like slingshot football to me.. But I know it is quite beloved in the community.

PES 2012 I couldn't get into, the animations and defense seemed a little strange to me.

PES 2011 I really want to like.. In terms of the dynamics that I mentioned earlier, perhaps it's just a question of playing more and more.. I've tried gameplay mods but I think I prefer the vanilla gameplay when it's all said and done.. Perhaps it's just a question of getting used to the pacing, but I can't help but thinking that it could use like 10% more "up and down" play. :TU:

My greatest memory of pes was when in pes 2010 against my friend I shot the ball from 50 meters with metzelder from real madrid in the Last Minute straight as a die into the top corner.. good Times šŸ˜…

Going back to the discussion, I know that most people group PES 2010 with 2008 and 2009.. But for me it kinda belongs in a different group.. 2008 for me belongs more with PES 6, it's similar to it even though many people don't like it, and PES 2009 is kind of an in-between for me.. I really like 2010's polish and presentation.. For some reason when I'm playing it, I feel like it goes with 2011-13.. but I know that I'm pretty much the only one who thinks so. :LMAO:

Probably most of people group 2010 with the past cause it was the last with the old feints system not tied to analog but to L1/L2. Although I agree with you that somehow it had a next gen feel :) , also thanks to graphics and general presentation.

Personally, I like them all, for a reason or another. There still is enough Ps2 dna in each to enjoy for me.

Pes 2011 is surely the most peculiar of them all in my eyes. The catch up bug, the penalty system, the "rigid" player movement, one of the best semi shot and pass ever created, the menu, the graphics.. it all contributes to create one of the most unique chapters of the saga.

2010, while I'd put it as the last of the four, is still a solid one in my eyes. Maybe it's a bit on the soft side but under the right conditions it can also be a lot of fun. And it looks beautiful.

12 and 13 share a lot of things. We can say they are "twin" chapters.
I did some 6-7 Master League seasons with 2013 time ago and while it's more rigid then the others, and more counter attacking oriented, I absolutely enjoyed it. Will come back to it to close that ML sooner or later.

2012, I'd have to seriously retake and probably will in the not so far future. Great ML. A bit on the faster side but with more midfield play.

Both games have really, really nice player id btw. I can't think another Pes in which playing against Messi feels as "real" as in 12/13.

Oh, and one thing that ties more or less them all: the best Master Leagues ever. No other chapter before or after ever reached the depth they gave us in Ps3 era (although 2013 already felt watered down in this sense compared with 10, 11 and 12).

How do you defend in 2013? I swear, my defenders cannot clear a ball to save their lives and through balls go right through their legs and leave the attacker one on one with my keeper. Every time I try 2013 again, it has so much promise, but I cannot defend and itā€™s such a dealbreaker for me.

How do you defend in 2013? I swear, my defenders cannot clear a ball to save their lives and through balls go right through their legs and leave the attacker one on one with my keeper. Every time I try 2013 again, it has so much promise, but I cannot defend and itā€™s such a dealbreaker for me.

It's surely very hard to defend! To me, 12 and 13 are the chapters in which it's perhaps the most difficult to contain CPU.

Personally, I used a lot of jockey with R2, and tried to cut passing lanes. And, you have to have good defenders of course. But even being super careful there are moments in which the CPU will just score no matter what!

I think PES 2011 - 2013 were the darkest times of PES. Not that they were bad games but I think the animations and weight from the players look so unnatural and bad - that I couldnt get into them.

I like 2010 a lot. I think it has awesome lightning and good animations, great ball physics. My only complaint is that its very rigid and not fluid and responsive at all. But from all the older games after 6 I like 2010 the most and even play it from time to time nowadays.

I think PES 2011 - 2013 were the darkest times of PES. Not that they were bad games but I think the animations and weight from the players look so unnatural and bad - that I couldnt get into them.

I like 2010 a lot. I think it has awesome lightning and good animations, great ball physics. My only complaint is that its very rigid and not fluid and responsive at all. But from all the older games after 6 I like 2010 the most and even play it from time to time nowadays.

I respect your opinion but I don't think 2011 - 2013 were the darkest times of PES at all... way far from it. If you read all the discussions here (and especially the Retro PES thread), there are parts that PES during that 2011-2013 period did better than ever: best menus/UI, best nets, 360 movement, best Master League & including Become A Legend, best in game unlockables, best cutscenes, Player ID... Overall there was evidence of factual progression even if the gameplay itself wasn't as rewarding like how was PES during the PS2 era. For me the darkest times of PES were starting in 2015 (excluding the 2014 version because was a hybrid type that had some nice parts in it) and continuing decaying through its end until 2021. Those FOX engine versions are at most "ok" or "meh" games (without having the true PES "DNA" in them), lacking so much comparing to PS2 - PS3 era... PES 2015-2021 are the darkest times of PES because there isn't any real progression in those versions besides the ball physics and graphics, everything else feels pants... not to mention that those versions were leading to the evolution of the abomination known today as ā‚¬Football (I cringe so much when I type that name).

Such sad times mates, but one great positive remark: "Thank God for the Classics and for the EvoWeb Editing Forum !!!"

Last edited:
To people and not "today's people" but guys who got interest in football, the decline was the start with PES 2008...

Not a bad game if you remove the context when the game was out... But the engine was NOT at all what we should expect to a PS3. That was the start of people going to Fifa, years by years, number by number as it showed what we were waiting (almost) from a PES New gen.

Then PES 2011-2013 was out, but well, everyone played FIFA and didn't carried. Me neither, it was my second game to be honest.
Now i tend to disagree a lot about PES 2015-2021. They got their high and their down, but every game except the 2016 was more praised than all Fifa from that time.

2015 was a comeback from many people, i don't know if you remember the context... No one played PES anymore until PES 15, and it wasn't really PES which was in a bad situation but FIFA in an incredible one, you could forget the sells comparison.
Edit: Fifa success wasn't only due to their gameplay, but bring the first football game playable "like offline" with their NASA servers. Online was fresh, we played a lot of tournament, i played o lot of Divisions games. Started to get bored more and more with the "anomaly" such as trolls. More people... More shit.

And PES 2021 is, for many guys, me included, the culmination of all those previous games. Like in my opinion PES 2008 is from PS2 era (and not PES 5). There's only a single part which i think it was better on the other games and it's not even gameplay : R2 dribbling. Yes, it was more limited than with the 2 sticks but the feeling was better.
It was the same case when you think about it for devs "Do as you want, it's the last version then we switch to something else". Then FOX was finally after 5 years mastered completely... Fault to Kojima and his ego (and he's doing shit since he left with his simulation of baby transports)

Last edited:
I respect your opinion but I don't think 2011 - 2013 were the darkest times of PES at all... way far from it. If you read all the discussions here (and especially the Retro PES thread), there are parts that PES during that 2011-2013 period did better than ever: best menus/UI, best nets, 360 movement, best Master League & including Become A Legend, best in game unlockables, best cutscenes, Player ID... Overall there was evidence of factual progression even if the gameplay itself wasn't as rewarding like how was PES during the PS2 era. For me the darkest times of PES were starting in 2015 (excluding the 2014 version because was a hybrid type that had some nice parts in it) and continuing decaying through its end until 2021. Those FOX engine versions are at most "ok" or "meh" games (without having the true PES "DNA" in them), lacking so much comparing to PS2 - PS3 era... PES 2015-2021 are the darkest times of PES because there isn't any real progression in those versions besides the ball physics and graphics, everything else feels pants... not to mention that those versions were leading to the evolution of the abomination known today as ā‚¬Football (I cringe so much when I type that name).

Such sad times mates, but one great positive remark: "Thank God for the Classics and for the EvoWeb Editing Forum !!!"

Yes I know that a lot of people liked 11-13 and when I replayed it a couple of months ago I found them (especially 13) quite good. But just from my personal taste I really didnt like them back in the days.

And yes you are right that there was not enough improvement from 2015 - 2021. Every year felt very samey to the last year. I think we can all agree that from PES 6 on it went dowwards till the absolut bottom of efootball today.

I wouldn't say there's been a steady decline from PES 6. If there's anything I've noticed about opinions is that they're very much divided when it comes to all installments.

Even though the PS2 era PES are rightly recognized as classics, as they are widely enjoyed, PES 2017 is my personal favorite, and I've found 2018 and 19 to be really good games with gameplay mods. 2011 seems to be the most respected out of the 11-13 trilogy, but I'm struggling to enjoy the gameplay even if I like the off-the-field elements.. I actually like 2010 much better, which is far from the popular opinion.

I think if PES history (I don't count e-football as PES) has showed something is that there is an installment for everyone. For me it's been a varied history, with disappointments and comebacks, really good features and some not as good in different eras, and pros and cons (sometimes even in the same version!)

Well often it's 2017 or 2021 as both are good games but rarely 2010 vs 2011 (well to me in fact one is from PS2 HD the other is for a new engine so they just not the same PES/i tend to separate 08-10 to 11-13 and 14-21.

Then i don't know if you play with mods, but 2010 isn't too easy for you? It's the only PES that it's been a long time i played, put on superstar and win 4-0 lol.
To me (sorry but it's a matter of fact) only vanilla gameplay could be compared to other vanilla gameplay. I found 2017 to goal to goal and easy to shoot on target... Same as 2010 : perhaps it's something you like, the "punchy" shoots from all distance lol. But 2017 got a smaller pitch, was dynamic etc. i can understand why people got a preference about that version. I liked it before too, now i got pretty hard to launch it as i found everything so fast and direct...
But it was perhaps one session.

Well when 2 game are good or acceptable fortunately that there's differences in terms of taste and interest ;)
To me the 2 worst are 2016 by far, then 2018 for that i'm sure. Now i found all the others totally playable and more balanced/logic than at least their one and only competitor.
But it's my point of view.

@vialli82 That's funny you mention 2017 being end to end my friend. I have the same opinion but about 2021! :LOL: Thing about vanilla gameplay though, is that PES 2017 is the only one out of the recent PES which I think the vanilla gameplay is the best version. I've tried so many PES 2017 gameplay mods and I always come back to the vanilla gameplay, to me it is so solid and fun, with the distance shots and everything. Like you mention, I like the dynamic play, even if I play with -1 or -2 speed lol. :)

Ah, of course! PES 2010's difficulty.. You're right, even if the highest difficulty, it is too easy.. As opposed to PES 2011, which I think is quite hard haha..

I use this gameplay mod in PES 2010 which increases the overall difficulty of the matches and other improvements!

Give it a try, it really helps..

The only issue that I have with 2010 is the possession game of the PC, they sometimes pass the ball around too much and dispossessing is quite a chore, which is not too realistic, but otherwise I think it's a great game.

Also wanted to ask you about PES 2011.. I've read in several parts that you mentioned before that you really like it.. I've struggling a bit to enjoy it, but maybe I need a fresh perspective on it.. There are so many matches that, in top player and even after playing 20 minute games, end up 0-0 for me.. Then again I am playing with Bundesliga 2 teams so maybe that has something to do with it. :LOL: But in anycase I'd like to hear your perspective.

Last edited:
Ah PES 2011? It's not that much that i like it, but it's the only for me which can be considered as "original" in comparison to every others PS360 version, and the first and biggest change of engine.
Otherwise i'm not a fan just when you ask me "2011 to 2013?" or even "PS3 era?" i only retain that one. Also i like difficult version where you have like in good old time a margin of progression : it was the case with PES 2011 since a long time (2009/2010 was way too easy to handle and score)

But that era was a technical K.O. from EA to Konami.

Fan of PES or not that game looked and feeling so in retard in comparison, except the ball physics (just good enough) that PES was my second game i played when i got bored a bit of FIFA; and i always like to have the 2. But i prefers FIFA 11 than PES 2011 lol.
Now i think the opposite about FOX crushing Ignite and Frostbite but well. Those two engine wasn't exclusively designed for football so...

One thing i remember well about the 2014 : you GOT to register and share vids if you score at least one header. It was so rare...
It's right now that i think about it, i don't remember having scored one header on the PS3 version... But weirdly : i did on PC. Perhaps with the recoil i don't know.

@vialli82 The thing I've found about PES 2011 is that the gameplay could be more exciting.. Even though I like midfield battles (and as we have mentioned before, PES 2013 is too slingshot for our taste), it seems like in PES 2011 that is perhaps a bit over-exaggerated in a sense. Maybe I'll try a Real Madrid-Barcelona exhibition just in case it might have something to do with the teams.. But I think that even when you're playing with small teams the difference shouldn't be as big in terms of playing style and dynamics..

I like FIFA 11 better than PES 2011 TBH as well. In fact I think 11 and 14 might be my favorite FIFAs, but anyway coming back to topic..

The reason why I insist about this generation of PES, especially 2011 (as I didn't quite like 2012), is that the off the pitch elements are really fun, especially Master League is very well designed. 2010 was the best looking one and it has a next-gen feel that, like @Madmac79 mentioned, kinda makes me group with 2011-13. And then, 2009, is still an installment which I need to play further, for sure. It still remains in a sense a mystery PES for me. :LOL:

Last edited:
I understand mate, but like i said earlier "fun" can takes different form :)
PES 1 was very hard to score, dribble, more like chess-tactical game but to me it was super fun.
While the freedom in WE6FE (even more than PES 2), i wasn't that fan, it was too instinctive and less "got to think before doing X stuffs" to me.

Also the way you play : i got very easy to pass defender on PES 2017 for example due to the lack of inertia / not entirely but not enough / so i'll passed easier from a goal to another. While on PES 2021, i can make a goal to goal but it doesn't works that much, those 25-30 meters shoots was less effective than on PES 17 as keepers were weaker. Then the pitch was smaller, that probably why there's less liberty and more contacts.
They got to balance and re-balance the game every time they make an overall big change...

Like a way bigger pitch on PES 18 > it was pretty bad handled as they keep the same things as there was with a smaller pitch... So a bit too easy to score. Then the atrocious referee which i don't think they reprogrammed so on 2018 version there was zero fault even with murder attempt tackles haha.
Also the super straight shoot and keeper was good on 2017, not that much on 2015-2016 and boom the bad keeper came back. Then shooting : on a smaller pitch you notice the variation but not on a bigger one as they didn't changed anything, if you understand what i try to explain, the ball physics took more time to change direction etc. etc.

Well all of it is complicated. But it's the past. I will edit and retain WE-PES-JL2008, PES5-JLWE9, PES1/WE5FE, and PES 2021.
And on PC only PES 2008, not even the 2011 : that game is intriguing with the Team vision... But i will only assign kits and play with for only editing, removes the NT duplicates and that's all. As for you 2010 is appart / next-gen : PES 2008 PC/PS360 is appart but old-gen haha i got really hard to classify it but i really got fun every time i launch it.

@slamsoze what's the name again about the other 3ds emulator than Citra? I tried another on the list and the game crashed lol.
I'm currently updating a game but that game non stop to freeze and it's more than annoying. It should have been quick, like it took me one day for the Premier League (i'm updating PES 14 PS2, on 3ds roster are up to date and it's called "WE 2014")

Thanks in advance (i add that version on my list of "curiosity", which means no idea if i will continue to play but sometimes you can be really surprised)

@slamsoze what's the name again about the other 3ds emulator than Citra? I tried another on the list and the game crashed lol.
I'm currently updating a game but that game non stop to freeze and it's more than annoying. It should have been quick, like it took me one day for the Premier League (i'm updating PES 14 PS2, on 3ds roster are up to date and it's called "WE 2014")

Thanks in advance (i add that version on my list of "curiosity", which means no idea if i will continue to play but sometimes you can be really surprised)
Don't know. Is there another emulator for 3DS? I only know Citra. I suppose but i am not sure, my RAM memory is bad, that someone else maybe proposed another emulator for 3DS, still not sure, and i think it was in another thread.

If you mean DSmume, its for NDS , not 3DS.

But really not sure, i am 37 this year, but my memory is like 74 šŸ˜…

What i noticed for sure, by recent experience, every modern emulator is usually fine tuned around the most popular ROMs. For example on Reddit, the most usual posts i read about Citra emulation and debugging, have to do with Pokemon Roms for 3DS, bugs and crashes on Pokemon games.

And the modding and tools is mostly focused on that games.

And i am not sure if it has to do with different versions, Canary, Nightstroubadoursomething or whatever. And after a recent update, i get some random crashes here and there too, more often than in a previous version.

Well, while completely offtopic now, i feel that the modern emulators for Nintendo, Citra and Yuzu, are not built with focus on the consoles, as were the SneS, GBA and NDS emulators, but they are mostly for all people to be able to play Nintendo exclusives like PokƩmon and Zelda BotW.

@vialli82 a quick Google search gives me only 2 results. Citra which is the best option, and Retroarch, which comes second in reviews, and i have zero touch with it to be honest.

Thanks, My problem is resolved : there's two executable in Citra. I took the "beta" one... Of course lol.

Now it's running faster and without freeze, thanks... But i really remember a conversation about emulator which was "better" something like Citra or Nightly i don't remember well. Some days ago. Don't remember what console emulated you where talking about lol, or a mod for console (no idea).

BTW not quite easy to check and compare faces, found the one missing/or the one in more, checking the name on his back then looking if the players is IG or not.
+ I found a system to have the exact Growth type (rated on 265 i think, no idea what the diff between "Standard / 3" vs "Standard 58". Will investigate and make test later, just for my/our PES general culture lol.

Back
Top Bottom