PES 2018 vs 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021?

So after only one ML game with PES 19 this is how i felt playing it
Much more end to end than PES 20-21
Not enough free kicks vs those games either
Lost 2-0 and both goals were identical, guess you know exactly how.
Player switching not as good as PES 17-20-21, got caught a few times with the cpu passing really fast not being able to switch and defend.
Not one single shot from outside the box, or from a dribble, all passes in to the box for a shot.

Not a deal breaker if this goes on, but wouldnt take this game over PES 17-18-20-21
Still might keep at it because it was pretty fun

Here are the PES 2018 gameplay mods that I've been able to save in my collection, as it has come to my attention that some of the links that I posted earlier were down, so I decided to re-upload them. Anyway it's a .rar file with 4 different gameplay mods which I've used throughout, credit goes to the original creators of course! A lot of these fix the defensive tackling issue and other improvements. :TU:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/764orx7h0xg1i3c/PES_2018.rar/file

Funny how PES19 has come up.

Over the last few weeks I've literally put good hours into a fair few footy games.

I've tried FIFA 15, 16 & 19 and PES 17, 18, 19 & 21.

I've finally decided to start a ML on PES19 as my footy fix.

It just has some of the magic of 17 & 18 while having some of the newer additions like training, realistic wages/transfers etc...

I've played a lot of friendlies on it and I'm not finding it easy. I can dominate possession but playing FUMA, scoring is a challenge.

I did enjoy FIFA 16 but it's let down by the fact tactics don't seem to matter (I love having 2 or 3 different tactics depending on who I play) and also, when you check the league tables, if you check a week later, they are totally different which is ridiculous.

I love PES 21 but I miss the challenge mode in ML. Having that chance of getting the boot if you underperform really adds another dimension to the mode.
Hello, like you, I have also made time for Pes 19 in recent days, I play in Full manual but unfortunately I have noticed that this puts us at a great disadvantage with the AI being so frustrated... at what level do you play the Pes? 19 and in full manual

I play Superstar and it is a huge challenge. But I enjoy that, I enjoy the fact I can't just waltz past 4 players and score every attack - when you have a moment like that, it's brilliant as it doesn't happen all the time.

Saying that, I'm finding it hard to score. I can create chances but maybe as it's manual shooting I'm not placing them right.

When I start a ML tonight, I'll see how it goes and may drop it down to Top Player if I'm still struggling for goals.

1 thing I have noticed in recent nights is the difference when you get on the ball with a 'better player'. I played Senegal v Burkina Faso and when I got the ball to Sadio Mane he felt so much different to the rest of the team. He caused them chaos.

I know Slamoze alluded to the challenge mode being present on newer PES' but I've never experienced any 'jeopardy' on my PES 20 or 21 saves. And I've had a couple where I'm in the bottom 3 most the season.

I remember doing a ML on PES19 as Red Star. Took me 2 years to gain promotion then the 1st season in the top flight, I couldn't buy a win. Owners trust dissappeared and I spent 90% of the season in the bottom 2. I strung a run of 3 wins together and stayed up by a point and held onto my job. But the messages about how pissed off the chairman is, really adds to the ML experience, it makes every game a tense affair and you start tinkering with the team and tactics, hoping to find a solution.

I know others don't enjoy PES19 as much but there is just something about it, I can see a 15 year plus ML coming up.

I play Superstar and it is a huge challenge. But I enjoy that, I enjoy the fact I can't just waltz past 4 players and score every attack - when you have a moment like that, it's brilliant as it doesn't happen all the time.

Saying that, I'm finding it hard to score. I can create chances but maybe as it's manual shooting I'm not placing them right.

When I start a ML tonight, I'll see how it goes and may drop it down to Top Player if I'm still struggling for goals.

1 thing I have noticed in recent nights is the difference when you get on the ball with a 'better player'. I played Senegal v Burkina Faso and when I got the ball to Sadio Mane he felt so much different to the rest of the team. He caused them chaos.

I know Slamoze alluded to the challenge mode being present on newer PES' but I've never experienced any 'jeopardy' on my PES 20 or 21 saves. And I've had a couple where I'm in the bottom 3 most the season.

I remember doing a ML on PES19 as Red Star. Took me 2 years to gain promotion then the 1st season in the top flight, I couldn't buy a win. Owners trust dissappeared and I spent 90% of the season in the bottom 2. I strung a run of 3 wins together and stayed up by a point and held onto my job. But the messages about how pissed off the chairman is, really adds to the ML experience, it makes every game a tense affair and you start tinkering with the team and tactics, hoping to find a solution.

I know others don't enjoy PES19 as much but there is just something about it, I can see a 15 year plus ML coming up.
haha I think your point of view about Pes 19 is very good, I liked the way you described your experience, I personally have a lot of mixed feelings with Pes 19 because of the issue of its script and the stressful AI but I still follow it Enjoying it, I haven't played a complete ML to share an experience like you, but I do try to adjust to playing the full manual, something difficult compared to how I handle it in other pes such as pes 18, 20 or 21... this one. The game is really a challenge. In terms of shooting at goal, I think it is the most difficult compared to making the plays. Hitting the goals is from another planet and even more so when I play with the transmission camera mod and full manual.

Here are the PES 2018 gameplay mods that I've been able to save in my collection, as it has come to my attention that some of the links that I posted earlier were down, so I decided to re-upload them. Anyway it's a .rar file with 4 different gameplay mods which I've used throughout, credit goes to the original creators of course! A lot of these fix the defensive tackling issue and other improvements. :TU:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/764orx7h0xg1i3c/PES_2018.rar/file
brother, how are you, maybe in your valuable collection you have a camera mod for pes 18? all their links are down:THINK:

I love pes19. I still have the demo just to play it for the odd game. On the ball it feels fantastic. Just repetitive AI can let it down.

I am playing again pes2020,on console,and i must say It Is not bad as i remember.
In my opinion Is better than 2021, with better midfield positioning,less frantic pace,better ball physics,better dribbling in my opinion.
I can't appreciate its shooting mechanics, and compared to fifa 16 is way more on rails and restricted,but overall i can get fun play It.
Something i can't get anymore from 2021

I don't play both (I rarely buy each series for annual games). I have PES 2018 and PES 2021.

On vanilla version, I choose PES 2018. It has better UI and faster gameplay, and the responsive is good than PES 2021.
For moded version, of course I choose PES 2021. Yes, the UI can't be fixed. But gameplay and content has sooooo many choices.

I did enjoy FIFA 16 but it's let down by the fact tactics don't seem to matter (I love having 2 or 3 different tactics depending on who I play) and also, when you check the league tables, if you check a week later, they are totally different which is ridiculous.
This is true for a good chunk of the beginning of the season. Towards the end of the season however; the Top 4-5 is what starts getting competitive and I notice that the rest of the table doesn't change much. Some exciting Top 3/4 fights for Europe indeed do happen though. I'm basing this off my 4 seasons so far (that has been on standby due to academics sadly) in the Eredivisie with De Graafschap.

This, in my opinion, should be even more of a fight in the Premier League I Imagine? But I'm not sure. What I said above is just my experience. But yeah from the start till about January, that league table looks very different every other week after just 1 game which is just as weird as it is interesting.

On vanilla version, I choose PES 2018
PES18 looks good at first, but when you learn it better you will never choose it. There are no free kicks, real mess during corners, AI goes tiki-taka in defence, bad players response... AND THERE IS NO OLIMPIYSKIY STADIUM IN CL FINAL! :TD:

Where PES18 shines - goalkeeper animations. They are literally the best in series.

Back
Top Bottom