Ranking All FIFA titles

FIFA 11, then 14, WC 2010
Perhaps the 16 to be objective but he's super overrated to me, i hate Ignite.
I even prefers Fifa 13.

Worst : Fifa 15 by far, then 12, 09, 20, 18. Didn't played 21

Special mention to Fifa 10, the first with 360 degree movement but the lob > goal bug killed the game. Rectified on FIFA 11.
Otherwhise i would have placed it on my top.

Looks like a random generator did that article charts. Ironically, my two favourites Fifa are in the trash tier :D . But apart from that I can't make much sense of 16 being indeed in trash and 15, which is basically a "beta" version of the latter, great. 08 imho should also be in the first tier since afaik it's where EA made the true jump towards the golden era.

By the way, talking about mine- hard to rank the super older titles. Sentimentally speaking Fifa 98, WC 98 and Fifa 99 all holds a special place in my heart because they were practically the first football games I've played and enjoyed- impossible to place or confront them with the modern stuff.

Only talking about modern era, I'd say for me is: Fifa 16, Fifa 19, Fifa 17, Fifa 14, Fifa 18, Fifa 15.. the others I haven't played enough and/or aren't fresh enough in my memories (like 12-13) and when I'll revisit some of those in the list my opinion might change again (I still need to play a serious, long career in at least half of them, which may change a lot like it did with 19).

1) FIFA 16
2) FIFA 15 and 14
3) World Cup 2010
4) World Cup 2014
5) FIFA 12 and 13
6) FIFA 17
7) FIFA 21 and 18

After playing little bit FIFA 22 Beta it goes on 3rd or even maybe 2nd place for now.

FIFA 16 top. FIFA 14 second. FIFA 19 third.
Wow! Id never have thought you will rate 19 that high!
19 was one of the worst for me, totally unplayable.
Peak of softness and weightless.
I dont even recall a player falling there. Just tripping, losing balance and recover.

Also - very surprised nearly no one mentioned F18, which was really fun for me.

Just goes to show how preferences can differ.

TRASH: FIFA 16, FIFA 19, FIFA 20, FIFA 21

Well i already said i'm not a Fifa 16 fan but that version in "Trash" and Fifa 15 in "Great" lol
In fact, i think there was worse game than 19-20-21 too.
The 09 were players in general were as fast with the ball than without for example. Fifa 12 with the first tactical defending try, was a miss (like every new feature, they always need two years, sometimes more)

But i don't get why FIFA is not on any top from you. Perhaps PC version i don't know... But i don't have anything bad to say about that game. Sincerely.
The only without super bugs.

For me, 15 and 09 are not even the worst Fifa, but worst so called "simulation" football games on par with PES 2016.
Horrible version, tennis scores.

Last edited:
worst so called "simulation" football games on par with PES 2016.
Horrible version, tennis scores.
Im not sure if I got that right..
16 - tennis scores??
During my two seasons my biggest win was 4-1, biggest defeat 1-3. :LOL:

Good chunk of my matches finishes 0-0, or 1-0. And thats one of the main reasons I like it so much! I have to really work for every goal!

Its unreal how same game can provide such different experience! :LOL:

But i don't get why FIFA is not on any top from you. Perhaps PC version i don't know... But i don't have anything bad to say about that game. Sincerely.
The only without super bugs.
Which Fifa are you talking about? 11? I'm curious now :D

I remember 09-12 titles as good on pc, even if they usually were downgrades compared with the Ps3 ones (at least 9-11 were for sure from what I remember), but the fact there was practically no sensible first touch error in the field used to greatly put me off.

It's rather simple, any fifa game prior to 18 = Masterpiece compared to something like 21.
Each with pros and cons and you can argue a lot about ranking depending on what's important to you.

But you can say no single one is perfect. While saying "well it's not perfect, nothing is" for a game like 21 is really like rating eating glass as "not perfect". A bit dishonest if you ask me. 😅

13 is probably a bad apple, and fifa 14 is good enough to make older ones obsolete, although 11 is quite good on its own. So 16/14 for me and 15/17 not far behind. I could easily start a CM in any of those 4 games and have fun today.

Last edited:
1. FIFA 11 (it was my biggest gaming shock i ever had, when i tried the pc demo, i couldn't get enough of it)
2. FIFA 14 (pc) (upgrade from fifa 13, very nice ball physics and awesome shooting)
3. FIFA 21 (pc playing only offline vs Cpu)
4. FIFA 18 (first animation upgrade and footplanting improvements. Ball was too small though)
5. FIFA 16 (next gen with decent gameplay and very nice graphics, i liked A LOT playing with women teams)
6. FIFA 13 (ball was independed, controls was realistic and felt free)
7. FIFA 17 (okeyish, nice visual upgrade, ball too small)
8. FIFA 15 (first next gen for Pc)

As a exlusively pc gamer, All FIFA games prior to FIFA 11 were a joke, compared to PES series. One exception was FIFA 2005 which i enjoyed a lot tbh)

Let me ask you something.
Is FIFA 21 considered shit because of the online mode and microtransactions?
Because playing it as simple exhibition match VS Cpu is not that bad, especially with women teams.

Is FIFA 21 considered shit because of the online mode and microtransactions
No, Fifa21 is considered shit due to 1v1 defending, while rest of the team is on standby. No tracking back, no proper marking. AI basically does not get close up until you want to run pass them. No aggression, very few fouls. Flow of the matches is not organic, it feels like only one player is on the move at the time. Your AI team mates are useless and you have to micro manage and babysit every single player to defend properly. Its both simple and exhausting at the same time.

Im not sure if I got that right..
16 - tennis scores??
During my two seasons my biggest win was 4-1, biggest defeat 1-3. :LOL:

Good chunk of my matches finishes 0-0, or 1-0. And thats one of the main reasons I like it so much! I have to really work for every goal!

Its unreal how same game can provide such different experience! :LOL:
It's perhaps the way i played, i don't know, but every shot was a super bullet.
And one shot on three (to be measured) resulted on a goal lol.

Let's say i'm more a "strong shooter". GK wasn't good enough against those bullets especially on PES 2016.
Manual or whatever, shoots vs gk aren't balanced. Let's say that they've, in my experience (i won't say opinion) restored strong PES 5 shoot, but with weak GK awareness and reflexes.

I remember that i edited the game like usual, then let's say "i will try to get more involved into the game".
I didn't had finished my "O.F". After few games i was so disgusted that it maked me stop editing that version and i focused on others games.
Played way more Fifa 16 but just because i was more an addict of football games, but it wasn't my favorite version. And yes, i played online, on division, as i hated to play on that game vs the CPU.

Fifa 15 was a bit easier in every way not only shoots, but dribble, etc. all.
Online, offline, was tennis scores too.

Which Fifa are you talking about? 11? I'm curious now :D

I remember 09-12 titles as good on pc, even if they usually were downgrades compared with the Ps3 ones (at least 9-11 were for sure from what I remember), but the fact there was practically no sensible first touch error in the field used to greatly put me off.
Yes, on PS3. There's old "preset" cutscene like on FIFA 08-09 on PC, but the gameplay and on game feels the same. But for a better experience and immersion, better to buy or play the PS3 version.
I checked an old vid with "ps3 version" and i founded all those cutscenes not present on PC, on any quality level...

Weird because in game, it seemed exactly the same.
After seeing that i was less sure about the PC version i got, if it was totally similar to my experience on console, but it seemed.
But PS3 was top, to me at least. Some reminded me that there was an issue with perhaps header... I ain't sure if it was on FIFA 11 or 13. I think it's the 13
Edit: i think it's both lol. But overally the one which fitted more with what i was waiting for a football game. There was 360 degree, no tactical defending (knowing that i never been a big fan of it but it wasn't bad on FIFA 14 and 16 for example, it was acceptable for me let's say), etc.
To me it's the more "PES 2017" lookalike.

Otherwhise, didn't buy neither the 21. The first since Fifa 08. Played only 4 games on FIFA 20 (feeling of defending and everything were even worste than what i thinked), also remember having re-selled directly the 19 perhaps 3 weeks-a month after.

I think i was completely involved in Dark Souls, the whole serie, the same time as FIFA 17-18 were out.
Also all GOW series i don't remember when but i think it was on FIFA 15 timeline; i played those year far less football games. As i started with Bloodborne directly when it cames out and became later, after a certain break a FROM Software style addict, also Souls like addict (like Nioh) when the 3 cames out.
Those times, Footy games weren't my only alternative, like it's since 3 years i think.

Hard to tell in the timeline exactly lol, but i started the Souls series when Souls 3 was out. So now to be clearer i just checked : it started the summer of end of FIFA/PES 17 and ended probably continued until the end of FIFA 18. I made the 1, then the 3, and finally the 2 (another "story", you can switch that one there's no reference on the 3 for example, not the same Miyazaki behind the artistic and gameplay etc., but it still a very good game)

Last edited:
You must differentiate between the console and PC version. FIFA 10 for console was FIFA 11 for PC so WC 2010 for console was an improved FIFA 10. So which version do you mean?
I had fond memories of FIFA 11 on console back in the day, but I haven't played it for many years. Recently I've been playing FIFA 11 on PC and really enjoying it as well.

1. FIFA 15
2. FIFA 14
3. FIFA 16
4. FIFA 11
5. FIFA 17
6. FIFA 18
7. FIFA 13
8. FIFA 20

Didn't buy 19 or 21, probably not going to get 22.

I had fond memories of FIFA 11 on console back in the day, but I haven't played it for many years. Recently I've been playing FIFA 11 on PC and really enjoying it as well.

Puck up FIFA 11 for PS3 for a quid so going to give it a rattle.

Since I've only really put time into 16 its probably my favourite.

Ny top 5 must be these...

FIFA 14 (can't choose the platform though: Xbox One is miles ahead out of the box, but PC has modding)
FIFA 16 (really, and I mean really close)
2010 World Cup (if only it had clubs...)
FIFA 11
FIFA 12

Consider that I'm still playing old games from time to time, so this may not be the definitive list. Maybe tomorrow I'll discover/see/notice something in FIFA 11 that will make me say "screw everything, FIFA 11 is da best game evaaa"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom