Red Dead Redemption 2

First "modern" triple A game I've picked up in a looong while. Been slowly playing it since a week.

Man, I'll probably discover hot water, but that's incredible. Graphics, settings, atmosphere, and of course gameplay.. truly all fantastic beyond words. Never played the first one, so I'm obviously losing something story wise (I'll probably catch up with videos or wikis when I'll feel like it), but damn it's capturing me all the same.. it feels exactly how I've always dreamed for open worlds to be. Just finished the first chapter and can't wait to see where it all goes, will try to sip it for as much as I can.

If you're on PC there's loads of mods which really add to the experience.

Oh, cool. I thought all the Blackwater thing they costantly talk about was a reference to stuff happened in the first one. Glad to know then.

No hopefully the Blackwater stuff they keep talking about will be RDR3, but given GTA 6 is a couple of years away.
RDR3 if ever released is probably 10 years away.

Which mods do you recommend ?

Me and Placebo use the same mods:-

Project Austin 1907 - Adds a few buildings to the Austin area.
Ambient Gang - Adds random gang encounters to the game (this is in the game kind of already, but this makes them a lot more frequent.)
Crime & Law Rebalance - Allows you to commit crimes in the Wilderness and minor crimes in public, without being wanted if no one around.
Bank Robbery - Can rob any bank in the game
Buyable Properties - Can purchase houses and safe houses on the map
Cut Dialogue - Just re-adds some pointless dialogue which was cut from the final game
Real Life Weapons - Just changes the names of the weapons to real names
Stagecoaches - Allows you to do missions where you can rob stagecoaches
PED Damage Overhaul- Changes the damage for yourself and the enemy, but not a massive fan of this one.
All Items - Allows you to buy everything in game, rather than having to wait till it is unlocked in the story

Me and Placebo use the same mods:-

Project Austin 1907 - Adds a few buildings to the Austin area.
Ambient Gang - Adds random gang encounters to the game (this is in the game kind of already, but this makes them a lot more frequent.)
Crime & Law Rebalance - Allows you to commit crimes in the Wilderness and minor crimes in public, without being wanted if no one around.
Bank Robbery - Can rob any bank in the game
Buyable Properties - Can purchase houses and safe houses on the map
Cut Dialogue - Just re-adds some pointless dialogue which was cut from the final game
Real Life Weapons - Just changes the names of the weapons to real names
Stagecoaches - Allows you to do missions where you can rob stagecoaches
PED Damage Overhaul- Changes the damage for yourself and the enemy, but not a massive fan of this one.
All Items - Allows you to buy everything in game, rather than having to wait till it is unlocked in the story

Here's my old post with the links :) I checked them all the other day for another forum and they're all good.

I have finished the story a couple of days ago. I really loved the way it developed all along the game. I feel a bit sad because I will surely have less motivation to come back to the game and explore its incredible landscape, now that the story is over. It was really a game that allowed me relaxing and changing my mind. Yes the missions were relatively easy to complete with settings close to default and somehow a bit repetitive. But exploring the open world and the random encounters were always good time and good fun. I have played the game more than 150 hours and I was still discovering things in the open world and I am sure that there's still many more to discover.

Back
Top Bottom