Sony PlayStation

Just got GT7, i had GT Sport on the shelf for the past 4 years but not having Simulation mode in it kept me away. I have not played any GT since 4 maybe. For me im glad to see this game have not changed much since the old days. Probably for those who play all GT titles this isnt really good news but me skipping a lot seeing the chore modes still being in there and the gameplay being still top notch just sent me back to my childhood in a heartbeat. Same thing the Spyro remake did. Nice to see. Especially compared to the sad decline of PES.

I didn't followed the Resident Evil series since the 4 (i didn't played more than one "mission", too FPS to my taste : RE3 was perfect as at TPS, i took it when it was winter promotion, as my favourite. The one who marked more all of us was the 1st of course, and i didn't tried the others. So 2 small questions ;)

Question 1: I didn't got a clue they would remake the RE4... I remember that it was the first more FPS than survival, and didn't liked it, neither the mix Ebola+Umbrella viruses.
There's so much Resident Evil version.... And the 1-2-3 got a remaster, multiple versions where practically out in very few months differences etc.
The only one which tilted me as it was probably the most survival like the good old serie purposed was Resident Evil Village. The only one i really feel that the survival part wasn't trow away.

Question 2: To me RE3 in terms of gameplay is the best by far + the story. Is some others versions follows that logic? Or they're all horror FPS with the survival side put behind?

Got the Zero HD (well the 1st but Gamecube remake if i'm right) then the 2 from my PS+ account. Didn't renewed since a long time, but i wasn't that much a fan of what i played. It was just beautifully represented, but too empty.
Finally the 3 is the one i could replay again, or the old version but in Emulator with a "Nostagia" tatoo on my nose, especially with the Dualshock pack.

Last edited:
https://www.eurogamer.net/everything-announced-in-sonys-playstation-showcase

So there's going to be a Wii U style controller add-on? That's... Weird...

I love the potential of the PS5 controller, which that free little robot game shows off incredibly well - but no other game does... So it's a bit of a waste.

I feel like this screen might be similar. Not sure it'll add anything to most games; certainly not the multi-platform ones. You can only look at one screen at once. But I'm interested to see what they do with it.

Unless they're just trying to jump onto the Steam Deck / portable train and make something you can play your games on, on the go. In which case, not interested personally. I didn't drop crazy money on a games console to play it on a tiny screen.

Not a lot going on in that showcase. Snake Eater would have been a big deal if not heavily rumoured already. Can't wait for Spider-Man 2 but the dark horse star of the show was Phantom Blade 0. Dumb name but if they can deliver what we saw in that video it could be awesome.

Not a lot going on in that showcase. Snake Eater would have been a big deal if not heavily rumoured already. Can't wait for Spider-Man 2 but the dark horse star of the show was Phantom Blade 0. Dumb name but if they can deliver what we saw in that video it could be awesome.

I liked the look of this one too. I think a lot of people were critical of the last of 3rd party heavy hitters but I think it's healthy to have just many new original games then blockbuster sequels and remakes.

Everything was an original, unproven IP at one point. Imagine a world where people scoffed at God of War 1 twenty years ago just because it was new. People didn't, gamers embraced everything new and exciting.

Now people moan if they don't get Call of Duty 29 or Watch Dogs 6.

Was always going to happen at some point - but the $50 price increase on the digital just seems a money grab, as most popular console.
Really shitty to previous customers the blu-ray addon doesn't work on the old slim.

The announcement next year or year after will be the PS5 Pro - Which will once again give the promise of 4K 60FPS.

Last edited:
Pretty good PS5 deals i have here locally with PS5 disc version + 2 gamepad.
Shame there arent really next gen only games to worth to upgrade. Even after 3 years.

Like what we have?
Returnal - doesnt interest me.
Scorn - bought it on PC for half a price.
Dead Space - bought it on PC for half a price.
Deathloop - not really that much of an fps shooter fan.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - wasnt really that much of a fan. I would still have to catch up with the Spyro and Crash remakes and the new Crash game.

And like thats. It. The console is a bit faster? Like im spending all my times in the menus. Faster loading times for games? Oh cmon its 10 seconds instead of 40. Im wasting more time other activities in my life, its not a game changer. The resolution and graphics are better? Really just a bit better, this gen for now its not even that sharp change like from PS3 to PS4.

I would still say its convenient choice to have a PS5 instead a 4. Not much of a good investment but thats me.

Last edited:
Having recently acquired a 4k TV that has VRR have to say I am abig fan of 40fps modes. Really rather impressed by how that all works.

It's just a shame a VRR set seems essential for a smooth experience for more and more 60fps targeted games, and even then you are still reliant on the developer ensuring the frame rate stays within the 48fps - 60fps window, which thankfully has proved more often than not.

There absolutely needs to be a disclaimer regards VRR dropping out of the window as the flicker that occurs is actually really a problem for those with epilepsy. Try eFootball with VRR enabled on PS5 and it does smooth out some replays that run unlocked, but the the locked 30fps stuff flickers a fair bit. It's not full screen flicker. Should say Konami that is not a Konami problem but a system/technology problem.

I will say the PS5 could do with LFC or something.

Other than that, it is a very impressive piece of kit and if anyone is either buying their first Playsation with the ol' 5, or were wanting some 60fps upgrades to some older games games they love, then it is probably life changing, LOL. In all seriousness, it is good to see there is a PC-esque level of improvement to a load of older titles. Hope this continues regards backwards compatibility.

PS 2023 Wrap up is now available.

Screenshot-2023-12-12-203718.png

Screenshot-2023-12-12-203813.png

Sifu is one of free monthly games this month.
I always wanted to play it, but didn't want to spend money on it in case it turned out to be too difficult and frustrating to play.
So if anybody was in the same boat - now is your chance to add it to the library.

Back
Top Bottom