Spambots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it, @Tom. You and your banners.
200.gif

View attachment 112141
This is amazing, but do you mean Bots privately messaging people with links?
Personally haven't gotten any so far
Several users reported private messages containing links leading to questionable sites by spambots which somehow were able to register within the last few hours. Might be we've caught all of them already, but you never know. In case you didn't get any private message like that, count yourself ugly lucky.

<thinfoil_on/>
This must Konami's revenge to this bloody elitistic place.

Fake followers from exposed €twitter account now register here and pretend to be bots

:P

Btw. What happened to R.I.P. banner?

I've temporarily banned a certain range of IPs coming from Moscow, Russia from accessing the site. It's the only way to put a stop to this for now. This will eventually lead to some legit users not being able to access the site, but it's getting on my tits now and I can't be arsed dealing with this on a sunny Sunday. Thanks for everyone who has reported this crap until now!

The blocking has most definitely worked, yeah. It basically stopped the second I set it in motion. The worst thing about it was that it took too much time to discover an IP pattern that was worth blocking without preventing all Eastern Europe/Asian users from accessing the site :D

Can't say how many accounts were messaged yet, but probably only a small minority. We will probably need to add some rules to prevent this in the future, like new users not being able to send private messages for a certain amount of time or until reaching a certain number of posts.

I still have received nothing, so maybe the blocking has worked. :THINK: @jaygrim i find it hard (for the want of a better word) to believe, that you have nothing to report?
Jay sent his life savings to "Emily the Russian model". He can't afford any internet to come on and tell us. He walked all the way from Warrington to the Wirral to tell me.

@jaygrim
Come on Jay you know i didn't mean anything by spamming your bot. I will have to serenade you, will that help?

:BAND: "Tom only knows how i feel about you"
"You'll never get to Tom's house if you break my heart"
Is that better?

@Tom sorry mate, i am just having a little banter. I love you and the guys, for sometimes being my rocks in a hard place. :LOVE: i will leave it now.

Disclaimer
This show of love, does not represent any Homosexual tendencies. However It's a free world and everyone is free to do what they want...but not me.

Spambots gone, banner gone, show's over. Thread locked until a new wave comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom