UK
Tranmere Rovers
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
Developer: BlueTwelve Studio
Genre: Adventure
Player(s): 1
System(s): PS4, PS5, PC
Release Date: 19th July 2022

Surprised this didn't have its own thread - the game launched today, and is available free if you have a PS Plus Extra or Premium subscription (7 day trials of both are available now if you don't have one, and the game can be completed in 8 hours apparently).

Just wanted to say, I absolutely love it. The atmosphere, the strength of the storytelling without using any dialogue... Reminds me of what games used to be all about. Different experiences.

I get Oddworld vibes from it (one of my favourite games of all-time). Trying not to finish it too quickly, because it's not the most challenging game, but it's a great ride so far.

The game seems really weird and shame it is not available on GamePass.
It is only £17.99 on CDKeys, so will probably give it a go.

I mean, tonight I was logging into steam to play my Elden Ring nightly hours... then I saw on the storefront some sort of photo with a cat, and I was clicking on it and reading something like "Lost, alone and separated from family, a stray cat..." To be honest I never spammed so fast that purchase button in my life, like I was hypnotized or something. I even purchased two more copies for other friends (don't know why), and I'm playing it right now. Actually, never regret it coz it's a MEOW OUT OF 10 !!! 🐱

I mean, tonight I was logging into steam to play my Elden Ring nightly hours... then I saw on the storefront some sort of photo with a cat, and I was clicking on it and reading something like "Lost, alone and separated from family, a stray cat..." To be honest I never spammed so fast that purchase button in my life, like I was hypnotized or something. I even purchased two more copies for other friends (don't know why), and I'm playing it right now. Actually, never regret it coz it's a MEOW OUT OF 10 !!! 🐱
So you think it's puuuurfect?

• Staff

Actual gameplay. Such a different experience. Some of the backdrops are stunning, and the storytelling methods provide real eye-candy too. I wish it was a little more challenging, and I certainly wish it was longer, but for what it costs and for its vision... I think it's pretty great.

Finished this already last night but I will be going through it again. Fancy trying for a platinum trophy on this one.
Not a massive fan of some of the enemy encounters but otherwise I absolutely recommend it.
Although I liked the ending I do have one complaint which I will put here when I figure out the SPOILER tags

They didn't reunite you with your cat buddies :RANT:

Last edited:
Enjoying the game so far and probably just over half way through.

It is refreshing to play a game which is more about puzzles and adventure than just repetitive action.
The story is also building up nicely and hopefully has a satisfying ending.

Only issues with the game are PC stuttering, which is very apparent and also a very known issue - Which is incredibly surprising given the game looks like it is from the PS3 era.
There should be more areas to explore, so although The Slums had a few things to do, the city part was only big enough for you to complete the tasks, so an improvement would of been made if they allowed the area to be much bigger and have more additional tasks to do.
However it is a good game and would recommend it, especially since it is so cheap to buy.

Enjoying the game so far and probably just over half way through.

It is refreshing to play a game which is more about puzzles and adventure than just repetitive action.
The story is also building up nicely and hopefully has a satisfying ending.

Only issues with the game are PC stuttering, which is very apparent and also a very known issue - Which is incredibly surprising given the game looks like it is from the PS3 era.
There should be more areas to explore, so although The Slums had a few things to do, the city part was only big enough for you to complete the tasks, so an improvement would of been made if they allowed the area to be much bigger and have more additional tasks to do.
However it is a good game and would recommend it, especially since it is so cheap to buy.
It's definitely not Cyberpunk 2077 regarding graphics but it's nowhere near PS3 quality! Great game but I'm a bit biased as Annapurna has become my favourite publisher.
In other news, I have finally bought Planet Zoo with all the expansions as it's on sale now. This game is more addictive than Football Manager.

I heard if you play this for long periods the effects can be catastrophic.

Every time when I log into steam with a different objective, I'm still distracted to press the play button and finish the game again, just because of so many fluff, and puuurrrs and meows, and all that stuff.

I just... can't... resist...

Finished the game last night took 4 and a half hours - Will perhaps play again to unlock more memories and complete all the side quests.

It is not a bad game and never feels like a grind or uninteresting.
There is enough to keep the game different with every level, the only part I didn't enjoy was the sewers.

It is a good puzzle game and wish the puzzles would be a little more difficult and thought provoking.
The stealth elements are also well worked, although there is one very bad bug with the detection system.

The story and ending is enjoyable and pretty engaging, although again very predictable with no twists coming.

I did enjoy the game, but also feel this was such a missed opportunity to make something special.
Almost as if this is a demo for a Stray 2, to see if the sales are worthy enough to make a more expansive sequel.

A bigger more unrestrictive game world would of made this a cult classic.

The graphical stutters with the auto save system also need to be patched quickly, apparently PC is the worse system for the glitches but they are apparent on PS too.

For the £17.99 the game costs it is worth the money and worth playing.

However would score the game a 6/10, as although enjoyable, there is room for improvement.
And don't think the score is harsh - I am old and come from a time when 6-7/10 meant it was a above average game.
8-9/10 meant it was an exceptional game and only about 2/3 games I have played would ever warrant a 10/10.

This game is pretty cool actually.
Obviously its cute, its pretty...but strangely gets pretty creepy with this Aliens/Halo- the flood cross over. But i think its also a great puzzle game. Saw reviews dunkin on the puzzle elements but i cant even recall a popular title in the recent 15 years which did not have hand helding during puzzles. So bravo on ditching that. Here you have to figure out everything through learning the game mechanics (which are perfectly built on each other and introduced) and have to pay attention to puzzle details too of course, even if its environmental puzzles or just have to talk to/find/get something for someone. You have to THINK, which is very rare nowdays when you play video games. Especially amongst popular ones.

My only gripe is there could be more puzzles and that might take longer to figure out. But then probably people would be crying because "its stupidly hard".
Got the annual PS Plus on sale for like 25 pounds? This already returned my investment even if i dont play anything else from the catalogue until the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom