The Day Before [PC/PS5/XBS]

Usually yes but this is not always the case. It comes down to individual agreements with companies. Steam reacting that fast disabling the ability to buy it might mean they have already paid the "company" a big sum of money and they don't want to deal with further refunds.
Something is very fishy here because there is always a (small) chance these devs pulled the plug with "good intentions". In this case I don't think Steam has the power to withdraw the game without solid evidence it was a scam. If Steam knows there's a fraud their legal team must inform the relevant authorities.
Steam is also refunding the game outside of the strict boundaries of its policy. This means the refund policy is loose and open to interpretation which is not a bad thing for the consumer. Now Steam will have to deal with a wave of refunds for both Starfield and Forza Motorsport. The first one had misleading, "grey area" advertisement and the latter is confirmed even by the Turn10 devs to have serious performance issues.

Why should this affect any other game on Steam? There will still be no refunds for Starfield or Forza when you've played more than 2 hours.

So, it was a case of closing down as everyone was asking for refunds.
The main reason I thought the game was a scam, was because they were charging £33.99 for an early access game.

They should of been more intelligent about it and sold it for £19.99, then they probably would of got more sales and I don't think anyone would of asked for a refund.
Whether the game sucked or not at £20 people would of been more patient with the game and maybe allowed them a couple of years of early access to try and make the game better.

People deserve it tbh. Imagine pre ordering games and buying games without seeing release date reviews in 2023. And this will keep happening, some things never change 💀

People deserve it tbh. Imagine pre ordering games and buying games without seeing release date reviews in 2023. And this will keep happening, some things never change 💀

Personally, I stopped reading reviews for games a while ago - And go by recommendations of friends and quite often this forum.
IGN give everything an 8-10 these days and to be honest way too many 10's.
Metacritic is just full of people giving games a zero or 10 and for really petty stuff.

RDR2 doesn't have Ray Tracing in 2023 so deserves a 0.
Robocop didn't have Clarence Boddicker as the villain so it is a 0.
Among Us doesn't have HDR on PC so it is a 0.
FIFA allows me to score 20 goals a game with Harry Kane so its a 10.

Admittedly I only pre-order games I know, I will play so F1, Football Manager and games from series you know are good.
So would pre-order Last of Us 2 on PC when released, the next PS Spider-Man.

Personally, I stopped reading reviews for games a while ago - And go by recommendations of friends and quite often this forum.
IGN give everything an 8-10 these days and to be honest way too many 10's.
Metacritic is just full of people giving games a zero or 10 and for really petty stuff.

RDR2 doesn't have Ray Tracing in 2023 so deserves a 0.
Robocop didn't have Clarence Boddicker as the villain so it is a 0.
Among Us doesn't have HDR on PC so it is a 0.
FIFA allows me to score 20 goals a game with Harry Kane so its a 10.

Admittedly I only pre-order games I know, I will play so F1, Football Manager and games from series you know are good.
So would pre-order Last of Us 2 on PC when released, the next PS Spider-Man.

I should have been more elaborate. You can't just rely on one single review because even reviewers will scam you with undisclosed paid sponsorships and there are also your average garbage review sites like ign. The best way for me to check a game is to see gameplay videos of the game I'm interested in.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I've stopped purchasing games in the past few years because every game is either released broken on launch day, has missing features on pc, unoptimized, has microtransactions or drm. So there is nothing to buy. Also the yearly release games I used to play has been dead to me [last fifa I enjoyed was fifa 18, last pes was 14, nfs was shift]. Combine that with the increased pc parts price, I'm simply done with this hobby.

Only games I play are on my old consoles and old pc games now until I get bored.

This game dies early, company do cease to function. Their servers will be shutdown by January.

Refunds will be given to all people that bought it automatically, (regardless of request) in collaboration with Steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom