The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Always entertaining seeing comments on how shitty all other teams/ leagues are outside the PL
Atalanta
"Hold my Barolo"
The journey Atalanta have done the past 10 years,without a chinese/american backer, just smart cheap transfers in and expensive transfers out, just amazing.
Hat off to them

It's mostly just brain dead fans who only watch the Prem and think the other leagues are shit. The Bundesliga for example, is a league with a much better atmosphere than the Prem, and more offensive football, but these fans will just argue "Its only Bayern winning the league" as if City doesn't win every year in the Prem, or that the teams have a smaller budget than Prem teams, or whatever else. For them, only the Premier League matters.

As far as club football goes I only watch the premier league and by that i mean I only watch Manchester United games besides the odd random game here and there if something is on at the time but I certainly don’t think every league in the world is shit. I remember one time I was up late and watched the second half of a random MLS game. I was quite happily entertained but it’s not something I’d seek out. I simply don’t have time to watch football from around the world, there’s too many games.
My dad had one of those shady satellite receivers that picked up pretty much everything in the world and when I was younger and had time on my hands and I watched Premier league, Bundesliga and Serie A which at the time I though Serie A had the strongest league. For some reason La Liga never appealed to me.

Om extremely happy for Odilon Kossounou in Bayer Leverkusen, a player my club Hammarby discovered when he was 16 and kept inviting him to us for visits and training until he turned 18 and we signed him.

9 games only with us til he was sold to Club Brugge then Bayer.

Africa Cup of Nations winner this year and a Bundesliga title with the chance to two more titles this year.
What a ride for him

Congratulations to all Bayer Leverkusen fans for their first Bundesliga title. (To be honest, I swear I thought Leverkusen has already won the league title before). As much as I used to love Bundesliga, I stopped watching it after Bayern totally dominated it. Not that I don't like Bayern but it just has become a bit boring, and as my friend @millossobek said it's a breath of fresh air for European football and not only German.

Meanwhile, last year we have ended our 15 years of drought (in the most dramatic epic way ever), and hopefully we can keep the title home this year, as we're on a race against Casablanca's Raja, they are on an unbeaten run but hopefully it will not be enough to beat the recently woken up giant (us).
Only 5 game are remaining …

1713222965217.png

Last edited:
So Jimmy Thelin new coach at Aberdeen., @Flipper the Priest
Got announced today when we beat his current side Elfsborg today, 3-0.
A good coach youre getting there, very progressive

Just came here to ask and seen this!

It's important the board gets this appointment right after going through four 'permanent' managers in three years.

Thelin ticks my boxes from what I've heard so far. Modern, forward-thinking, methodical, no connections to Scottish football. Aberdeen has at least the fourth-best squad in the league but it's been massively under-coached. With one or two key signings he's got a squad that could compete in the group stage of European competition in 2025/26.

////

Gutted that Lewis Ferguson looks to be out for the rest of the season and the Euros for Bologna and Scotland. As he's ex-Aberdeen I've watched a fair bit of Bologna this season and they're great to watch. I think he's developed into Scotland's best midfielder if not player.

Just came here to ask and seen this!

It's important the board gets this appointment right after going through four 'permanent' managers in three years.

Thelin ticks my boxes from what I've heard so far. Modern, forward-thinking, methodical, no connections to Scottish football. Aberdeen has at least the fourth-best squad in the league but it's been massively under-coached. With one or two key signings he's got a squad that could compete in the group stage of European competition in 2025/26.

////

Gutted that Lewis Ferguson looks to be out for the rest of the season and the Euros for Bologna and Scotland. As he's ex-Aberdeen I've watched a fair bit of Bologna this season and they're great to watch. I think he's developed into Scotland's best midfielder if not player.
He did wonders with Elfsborg, started out pretty bad the first season but clubb was patient with him, and he has brought them to two 2nd places the past 2 years.
High press, possesion and a team that has great movement, didnt help yesterday since we knocked them over 3-0
But a good signing , fw thinking bringing in an outsider

He did wonders with Elfsborg, started out pretty bad the first season but clubb was patient with him, and he has brought them to two 2nd places the past 2 years.
High press, possesion and a team that has great movement, didnt help yesterday since we knocked them over 3-0
But a good signing , fw thinking bringing in an outsider

That's it confirmed: https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/04/16/dons-appoint-thelin-as-manager/

Roll on next season. Unless we're winning the Scottish Cup this season...

Meanwhile, last year we have ended our 15 years of drought (in the most dramatic epic way ever), and hopefully we can keep the title home this year, as we're on a race against Casablanca's Raja, they are on an unbeaten run but hopefully it will not be enough to beat the recently woken up giant (us).
Only 5 game are remaining …
The bright lights and the huge multi-million contracts belong to the biggest and richest teams, tactics are becoming ever more automated, as it seems like coaches are trying to imprint robot-chips in players brains, discouraging individuality and flair, maximizing efficiency and over-organizing the game.

But in my heart, Football is Alive and Well because of stories like Morocco's AS FAR. I had the privilege of watching last year's final with my friend @The Moroccan (as he watched Millos winning our final as well), and the sheer excitement that we both felt, watching each other's teams lift our respective trophies, oceans away, after years of struggle, was amazing. It was truly one of the most memorable footballing experiences I've had, and I'm sure @The Moroccan feels the same way. We will remember these matches forever.

We can't let the soul of football disappear to mechanization. There's a beating heart in Football still that unites the world. Our leagues might be lesser known, but I find our stories even more compelling. Thousands of miles away, I really felt AS FAR's joy, their struggle, and their triumph.

Let's go for the double, my friend!! :RSCARF: :TU:

Last edited:
Araujo's red card was basically the changing point in the whole tie yesterday. From the moment he got the red card it was over for Barca.

Back
Top Bottom