The Hunter call of the wild

Just saw it, looks like it has a storyline?
Like you've taken over the family business.
Need to check some reviews on it ,I prefer the no storyline on Call of the wild ,also need some review on the animal ai.
But nice with another game in this genre

Just saw it, looks like it has a storyline?
Like you've taken over the family business.
Need to check some reviews on it ,I prefer the no storyline on Call of the wild ,also need some review on the animal ai.
But nice with another game in this genre
I dont know, as it stands - I didnt see any difference in gameplay to COTW to justify buying it.
I'll wait for some clips to see if there are any new modes (survival? Crafting?).
I didnt even see any predators there.
Looks like a poor copy of COTW to me.

I dont know, as it stands - I didnt see any difference in gameplay to COTW to justify buying it.
I'll wait for some clips to see if there are any new modes (survival? Crafting?).
Pretty much how I saw it too.
I'll hold off til I see a proper review on it

I don't think it's easy for any other hunting game to reach the levels of quality COTW has. We're talking about a game that started as "The Hunter" almost a decade ago and if I remember well it was initially a game with subscription.

Off topic, but I found an interview about this new game.
And basically everything I hoped for is not there. Nothing that could differentiate this game from COTW.
Screenshot_20220813-181006_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-181037_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-181103_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-181116_Chrome.jpg
Not for me.

I'm in for Way of the Hunter the second it releases. Super bummed about how Expansive Worlds has treated CotW for quite a while now where each new half-assed DLC introduced a ton of bugs. It's good to finally have some sort of competition in this niche genre. Probably going to miss tree stands the most, but I'm up for some fresh take on animal pew-pew.

I'm in for Way of the Hunter the second it releases. Super bummed about how Expansive Worlds has treated CotW for quite a while now where each new half-assed DLC introduced a ton of bugs. It's good to finally have some sort of competition in this niche genre. Probably going to miss tree stands the most, but I'm up for some fresh take on animal pew-pew.
I've played COTW with pretty much all turned off (glowing tracks etc) and I've really started to love that game again.
The reservation I hated the most at first was the European one (German sounding) but I've played that a lot, really challenging hunting boar's there

I've played COTW with pretty much all turned off (glowing tracks etc) and I've really started to love that game again.
The reservation I hated the most at first was the European one (German sounding) but I've played that a lot, really challenging hunting boar's there
Don't you dare shit on my beloved HIRSCHFELDEN! :D

I've played every single map (except for the recent Rukakslvvjijäjäjäää one because I'm kinda burned out) and generally like most of them. Well, esthetically at least. However, reused assets creeped in two or three maps ago, I just wish they'd take a bit of a longer break to make a map that *really* feels fresh and sticks out (and maybe has at least half-decent missions).

I'll probably just boot it up later today because I simply can't be mad at things for too long. Maybe some Taiga action to counter the current temperatures (RIP Anthrax Gunther). I'll also turn off the glows, never actually thought about disabling them in 200+ hours (because I'm not really a real hunter).

I've played COTW with pretty much all turned off (glowing tracks etc)
This really is the way to play this game.
I never understood how people were so hostile towards adding any survival/crafting elements, shouting that "this is a huntin simulation, realistic hunting simulation!!!".......while having all the visual aids on.. :LOL:

Tom - turn all that shit off. Literally - everything. Leave only the tracking cone.
So, basically, if you find tracks and click on them (they wont be highlighted) - it will show you the direction where animal was heading. Which is realistic. Hunter should be able to tell where the tracks were going. But in this game its very difficult to tell the direction just looking at them. So leave the tracking cone and switch everything else off. The game really shines then.

Ps. And if you are just looking for similar, but ironed out experience - way of the hunter might be just what you need. Coz from what I've seen - what it does - it does well.

To me its just way too similar and I still have couple of maps on COTW I havent played.

Tom - turn all that shit off. Literally - everything. Leave only the tracking cone.
So, basically, if you find tracks and click on them (they wont be highlighted) - it will show you the direction where animal was heading. Which is realistic. Hunter should be able to tell where the tracks were going. But in this game its very difficult to tell the direction just looking at them. So leave the tracking cone and switch everything else off. The game really shines then.
I will, Papa. But I actually never had any issue with that simplification because I thrive on the whole lonesome adventure instead exclusively. I also kinda remember now that I actually had the glows turned off for a while but got confused at the broken sound positioning which sometimes makes calls of animals appear to be way closer while in reality it was an animal on another map :P

But I actually never had any issue with that simplification because I thrive on the whole lonesome adventure instead exclusively
Oh same here! Im not one to brag what sort of diamond animals I hunted. In a lot of cases - I might walk by an animal, coz the game did not highlighted it through the bushes. I just find it much more immersive this way.
I was mainly picking a place on the map and hiking towards it, while hunting once a day and pretending that this is for food, to keep me going.. :LOL:
Survival games have forever broken me..

• Love
Reactions: Tom
Don't you dare shit on my beloved HIRSCHFELDEN! :D

I've played every single map (except for the recent Rukakslvvjijäjäjäää one because I'm kinda burned out) and generally like most of them. Well, esthetically at least. However, reused assets creeped in two or three maps ago, I just wish they'd take a bit of a longer break to make a map that *really* feels fresh and sticks out (and maybe has at least half-decent missions).

I'll probably just boot it up later today because I simply can't be mad at things for too long. Maybe some Taiga action to counter the current temperatures (RIP Anthrax Gunther). I'll also turn off the glows, never actually thought about disabling them in 200+ hours (because I'm not really a real hunter).
Yeah I release trapped fly's and Wasps at home ,so I'm no hunter either:)
Hirschfelden, really like it now, hated it at first

Oh same here! Im not one to brag what sort of diamond animals I hunted. In a lot of cases - I might walk by an animal, coz the game did not highlighted it through the bushes. I just find it much more immersive this way.
I was mainly picking a place on the map and hiking towards it, while hunting once a day and pretending that this is for food, to keep me going.. :LOL:
Survival games have forever broken me..
Alright then, confession time it is!

I only have one (O-N-E) diamond and only got it by cheating/reloading. There was that mythical red fox (on Hirschfelden) which crossed my path once whom I've then tracked for literal HOURS on that day. Set my tree stand up at night and was waiting for that mofo to show up cause I knew he was around. All it would have taken was that one perfect shot. I got super nervous and sweaty and....well, I fucked up by not hitting any vital organ.

*ALT+F4*

It was only on restarting the game the next day I realized that the fox was reset because I didn't claim his cadaver in my prior session. Since I knew where it'd turn up eventually, I did the tree stand thing again and was then able to get it with a perfect shot. But it felt shitty, so instead of displaying the trophy for everyone (me) to applaud in all its glory, I put it in my personal room of shame with the worst possible posture I could come up with. Maybe I'll post a screenshot if it's still there and not removed by any bug EW introduced, haven't actually fired it up in quite a while now :D

Alright then, confession time it is
Okay, since you started... :LOL:
I dont have a single diamond.
For me - animal is animal and I hunt "for food". I also mainly hunt with a bow to feel even more as one with nature.
My most epic hunt was albino wolf.
And it was self defense. Pack of them ambushed me and wanted me for a dinner. Didnt end well for them.

Ps. @rockstrongo - Im the same. Catching all the spiders alive and releasing them outside. :LOL:

• Love
Reactions: Tom
Okay, since you started... :LOL:
I dont have a single diamond.
For me - animal is animal and I hunt "for food". I also mainly hunt with a bow to feel even more as one with nature.
My most epic hunt was albino wolf.
And it was self defense. Pack of them ambushed me and wanted me for a dinner. Didnt end well for them.

Ps. @rockstrongo - Im the same. Catching all the spiders alive and releasing them outside. :LOL:
Yes sir, not killing anything either.
When fishing, if there's a good fish like sea bass, I'm game otherwise release.
Just read that we have a lot of tuna between Denmark and us here, imagine bagging a 300 kg tuna:)

Same here, no diamonds yet for me.
I'm more "shoot everything"
I see animal, I shoot.

Did anyone try way of the hunter? My hunting senses are tingling.
I did. It's less arcadey than CotW in a sense that you're not wandering around shooting everything on sight (well, you can) but instead you're managing animals and their trophy rankings by offing the weak chains in a herd which is going to result in higher quality offspring being born in the future as all animals have a lifespan. It's a neat aspect and a breath of fresh air to the genre. You also need to be way more careful around all animals if you don't want to spook shit left and right.

Obviously, compared to CotW it lacks years and years of content, but it's on a good track after a bit of a rocky start. Player numbers aren't exactly high, but the devs have a transparent roadmap and have been pretty vocal and supportive when it comes to taking care of issues. Overall, I like it and think it's worth its price.

Way of the Hunter - Not for me.
I take this back and beg forgiveness.
This game is.fucking.amazing.

Makes Call of the Wild feels like Call of Duty when you come from playing Arma.
I bought it two days ago and cant stop playing.

From animal behaviours all the way to ballistics - its just insanely good game.
And highest difficulty is immersive as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom