Tottenham Hotspur
Cover:
tomclancysthedivisiv2oncoveroriginal.jpg

Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Release Date: 08 Mar 2016

Developer: Ubisoft
Genre: Action RPG/Third-Person Shooter

Description:
The Division is inspired by Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51, real-world events which society has become "fragile" and "complex". In the game, a disease that spreads on Black Friday causes the United States to collapse in five days.

Just wow. This impressed me.

YouTube - Tom Clancy's The Division - E3 Gameplay reveal [EUROPE]

Last edited by a moderator:
incredibly organic movements, like just a small thing where he picks up a bottle of water. But the moment where they zoom out in the end made me think - Is this prerendered?

I'm hoping this isn't going to be like watchdogs and we're another year plus away from its release

I like the way the characters are measured, no 'dude Bro' stuff.

Also the swearing isn't forced.

I do worry that a lot of these games are going to feel a little samey though. You, with friends, in a huge map, doing little missions and bumping into others online. This and The Crew are just like the same base template. And watchdogs kinda looks like its assassins creed re-skinned in some ways.

I hope it doesnt end up feeling like that.

Very promising. I like the hundreds of details here and there, and the general ambientation. Hope it can be played coop entirely.

Apparently you can add your own bio to the game, your age, if you have kids, your language etc. and the game uses that to match you up with similar gamers. So you're less likely to bump into other players who are super aggressive/competitive or who don't speak your language or rank.

Of everything I've seen from E3 so far, this is the only one that has genuinely grabbed my interest. Looking forward to finding out more about it.

The game seems to be really good. After i watched the video i knew i have to buy a PS4 in the end of the year! :P

Just saw the tech analysis on eurogamer, hadnt seen this game before! Looks good, but is another year away from being released.

The Division’s “revolutionary” companion app explained
Tom Clancy’s The Division developer Ubisoft Massive has told VG247′s Sam Clay all about the shooter’s “revolutionary” companion apps, which will see players getting involved via Android & iOS.

During the clip, the developers told us that from a tablet or supported device, players will be able to view the game running from a top-down perspective as an overhead drone. You will be able to upgrade your drone and earn unlocks just like levelling up a character in the game.

From there they will be able to debuff and mark enemies and shoot at them in real-time. They will also be able to help their friendly squad-mates by spotting enemies, buffing them and healing them.

What do you think of The Division’s asynchronous drone gameplay? Let us know below.

MORE FROM VG247

I want to know how much they're going to charge for these apps and what content will be hidden behind IAP pay walls

The Division’s “revolutionary” companion app explained
Tom Clancy’s The Division developer Ubisoft Massive has told VG247′s Sam Clay all about the shooter’s “revolutionary” companion apps, which will see players getting involved via Android & iOS.

During the clip, the developers told us that from a tablet or supported device, players will be able to view the game running from a top-down perspective as an overhead drone. You will be able to upgrade your drone and earn unlocks just like levelling up a character in the game.

From there they will be able to debuff and mark enemies and shoot at them in real-time. They will also be able to help their friendly squad-mates by spotting enemies, buffing them and healing them.

What do you think of The Division’s asynchronous drone gameplay? Let us know below.

MORE FROM VG247

I bet this means microtransactions!

They've announced today that this will be coming to PC, too.

"I'm very pleased to announce [The Division] will be available on PC," he said in the video.

"Massive Entertainment has its roots in PC development with titles like Ground Control and World in Conflict; you can be certain we will provide you with a first rate PC experience."

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has said that The Division release date will fall "closer to the end of 2014 than the start", possibly lining up the well-received title as a major Christmas release.

During Microsoft's Gamescom press briefing it announced exclusive content for The Division will be available on Xbox One 'before and after' release.

Hope we see some new gameplay footage soon and not the "faked" console launch stuff done on high end PC, seen enough footage now of released content to know we shouldn't expect the games to look as they did when they were first announced (Forza5 and Ryse being two good examples of downgraded visuals from that first shown).

Coupla new screenies:

1496318_508647449251183_1064499496_o.png

1491432_510577585724836_275256257_o.png

Lighting is stunning IMO.

Back
Top Bottom