TOMIZAWA R.I.P

When I went out of home today the accident had just happened, I went back not long ago hearing for good news.. RIP :(

R.I.P...

I havn't seen the accident and don't plan to, knowing what happened :(.

Motorbike racing is so dangerous - they sit on a machine that can go at such tremendous speeds and push it to the absolute limit with little to protect them if they crash... It certainly makes you admire their bravery...

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P.

You have to have huge balls and put you life on the line everytime you race!

Sad loss, was only 19 (younger than me by only 6 months!). Still, this Sport is never ever going to be 100% safe though and tragedies like this will happen.

Motorbike racing is so dangerous - they sit on a machine that can go at such tremendous speeds and push it to the absolute limit with little to protect them if they crash
Unfortunately when you get struck by a motorbike there's few you can do. Look at how lucky Morales has been in the 2010 Catalunya GP: the motorbike, while falling, just hit the protection he had on the top of the back. If it had hit him few centimetres upper, we probably wouldn't have had him here anymore.. A few centimetres lower and probably we would have had another Wayne Rainey.. When you fall that way, it's really all about luck :(

Unfortunately when you get struck by a motorbike there's few you can do. Look at how lucky Morales has been in the 2010 Catalunya GP: the motorbike, while falling, just hit the protection he had on the top of the back. If it had hit him few centimetres upper, we probably wouldn't have had him here anymore.. A few centimetres lower and probably we would have had another Wayne Rainey.. When you fall that way, it's really all about luck :(
Yeah, you're right :(.

Other motorsports, such as F1, have become so safe after incidents like this (i.e. Senna :() that there's less chance of injury than there is in most other sports!

The very nature of MotoGP prevents it from becoming much safer really, these unfortunate, tragic incidents will always be a possibility :(.

Back
Top Bottom