UFL [All Platforms]

The main problem with a PC release is they have to optimize it for every major spec combination. And that can be troublesome.

The main problem with a PC release is they have to optimize it for every major spec combination. And that can be troublesome.

My issue is that it's infinitely easier to exploit/hack PC games (barring FPS since console players have access to devices like Cronus and Strike Pack that enable scripts and macros). Seeing as this will be a competitive, online only game, that's disconcerting. With that said, I'll just play on console if it turns out to be any good.

Last edited:
We got now 4 football "simulation" game, and perhaps the worst year since forever regarding football games lol.
I remember PS1 and 2 era. Tons of football games. Only one who was captivating, fun and interesting more than 2-3 games a row.
That's one reason i don't believe them too much. ISS got the basis from Snes ISS 1 and 2 (Deluxe) who were good enough to be transformed to 2D games.

Fifa well, it was a bit harder to make take the basis and make a conversion, their megadrive and snes version weren't easy to "convert" honestly, but they were pretty good games for the time, the 95 especially even if we were all about the first version. But also European Club Soccer, way before ISS and Snes in Europe.

Last edited:
Then why would they partner with InStat?

They have to put something there of course as a number. FIFA and PES have stats but they barely make any difference.
First biggest concern is they say its a simulation (i would assume mainly because of stats), then they state AI wont defend for you (so the AI wont be stat based?).
This is what is confusing right now for me.

They have to put something there of course as a number. FIFA and PES have stats but they barely make any difference.
First biggest concern is they say its a simulation (i would assume mainly because of stats), then they state AI wont defend for you (so the AI wont be stat based?).
That AI won't defend quote was from a fake account.

The Twitter account that stated that is a fan account, not the actual developers. I've yet to see that quote (either verbatim or paraphrased) in the trailer, their IGN interview, website or anywhere else.

Just noticed this at the end of the trailer - "Coming to all major game consoles".

Hoping that doesn't include the Switch, because that has mediocre phone specs.

Also it sounds like that would at least include PS4/XB1 so gameplay/AI/physics couldn't be genuinely next-gen if it's being released on both generations.

Won't talk about that game too much before saying what it looks like. We don't even know that, and there's already a fan account, seriously Twitter sometimes :COAT:

This bit got me a bit worried tho. On one hand its great that they are asking and are willing to expand based on ideas. On the other hand - not even heard of Full Manual controls?
Dont get me wrong - Its not like Full Manual is a "purist" way and the only truth. People play how they enjoy to play. But asking like you never even heard of it? Its a bit weird, going by Pes and Fifa having an option to play with no assist for ages now.

Also, as it's a F2P game, they could add training mode and also competition or whatever with DLC, if there's a demand.
I only mean it's doable without problem, not that they will (at launch at least it's not on their plans, but could be updated)

First try, a serious football game, since a very long time, from a small team of devs... I won't ask too much. Not even that at launch, the game will be as complete overally as the 2 we got (more balanced than FIFA, not hard i think, as it's a choice)
So the basis will tell about the future. If it's good and we don't have all the idiotics feedbacks from Fifa's actual players aswell and they don't follow everything they said / to keep the logic, then we could have in the future a good game. I repeat, i will depends first on the basis, then on feedbacks and updates patchs. Basis : it's about physics, players models first, then rating and stats system, and tactics/formation.

But the most important still the physics and models, all the rest can be tweaked.
Edit: ah i completely forgot one very important stuff, the animations system. I don't talk about animations itselfs, they can be changed.
I talk about how they're managed in game, related to physics, there's a lot of different way to do it on a sports game.
Then if they got a good system, they can add without too much issue Manuals passing/shooting etc. without having to add tons of transitionals animations.

But i suspect that we well get an AO Tennis or the awful World Tour, the promotion behind the game seems similar.

AO became very playable after a tons of patchs, well, but never reached Top Spin level, neither the 2. Even technically, vs a PS3 game.... Tennis is also pretty hard to found a balance, but it's not that much attack/defense, but feeling/gameplay.

Last edited:
Honestly if the online is actually good, as in no scripts and no p2w and proper servers, I will happily enjoy it.

Fingers crossed they can make it happen! 🐑

Hoping too they've got a similar edit mode for the FIFPRO clubs. Probably, i don't want to encounter Men-Chester Village with rose kits.
Let's say that the latest answers are more reassuring, 5 years is a good time for starting to scratch a football game in my opinion, it will make 6 +- at the release.
Thanks for sharing the Q/A.

Back
Top Bottom