UFL [All Platforms]

I think it looked fine. Looked very much like Fifa but hopefully it plays better. Too bad only trailer and not a full match.
I'm confident in saying this will play something like FIFA 14, that's what the animations, player models etc look like to me, which I don't really have a problem with. As if FIFA 14 was online still now, I'd play that and not FIFA22. They can then improve the game and upgrade to UE5. Gotta be patient, hopefully they'll learn and improve alot.

I'm confident in saying this will play something like FIFA 14, that's what the animations, player models etc look like to me, which I don't really have a problem with. As if FIFA 14 was online still now, I'd play that and not FIFA22. They can then improve the game and upgrade to UE5. Gotta be patient, hopefully they'll learn and improve alot.
The idea feels like a free ultimate team possibly to aim at better Fifa gameplay. And i also do think it will be like Fifa hopefully without the handicap thing indeed and without all the hicups.

Essentially they are aiming at the FUT crowd with more well considered approach. Basically a more professionaly thought out Efootball so far.

We will see how is the gameplay but yes pretty sure it will be close to one of the most popular recent Fifa title with tweaks.

Its smart actually

Last edited:
well, the german users over at ”my” other Forum are pleasantly surprised by the reveal. Hm…

i mostly agree with what’s been said here, after watching the gameplay part a few times.

It’s free. We’ll see.

If they will improve gfx, nets and the gameplay will be though a learning cruve simulation, skillful- then i will compete online with the pleasure. Gameplay is the key

Main problem with todays football games is that they are being developed arseways.
It used to be a complete product. Two teams - AI, algorithms, scenarios, animations.
Users were... drivers, jumping into a fully made, working machine.
Now they are building these machines starting from the drivers and work around them.
Animations are made purely for user input and whole gameplay is made with User Vs User in mind. AI is afterthought. The main thing that should drive the experience, create unexpected scenarios and differentiate matches based on what players you have on your team - is gone.
Football games used to be immersive coz you were just one cog of the "living" machine. Now you are a machine. Its you and 10 brainless clones. And every match looks the same.
Offline mode should not be an afterthought, a DLC that they MIGHT release in the future. Offline mode should be what foofball game is built on.
It should already be there, fully developed, fully functional.
Its online that should be something extra.
Until this changes - we will NEVER get an immersive football game again.
Ironically - online crowd does not seems to realise that their experience also depends on AI. Without good Offline there wont be a good Online.
Because football is not tennis. It takes 11 to change the lightbulb.

Guys, I'm not gonna say I'm impressed or anything like that BUT don't forget, they're a new studio, they're not like EA or Konami with billions of dollars. They're just like us, fans and modders. Yeah it looks like Fifa BUT Fifa isn't the worst when it comes to graphics. We should care about gameplay and this 1 minute footage didn't show anything basically and it's not even the full game. I'm gonna judge it when the full game is out.
Yes but also take in mind they built on this for more than 5 years now so really underwhelming at the moment, for me PES 2021 and eFootball it is

This looks nothing like FIFA 14 (as described above)
I think the worst part of the gameplay shown was how lifeless the player models looked ,the part that was so important (mo cap video) to them.
Is there any form of release date known?

Being online only I wouln't have been interested all the same, but man it looks like hot garbage. The fact I've heard hopeful views by more than a youtuber I follow about this trash of a presentation speaks volume about the whole state of football games. But it's nothing to be surprised about I guess.

I know a guy who's legally blind and he'd be able to notice the skating. This is 5x the pace of real football btw.
Wow, straight away offensive… just play the video at 0.5 or even less, there’s not a single frame skipped in that animation. After seeing the tone of your comment, you will keep saying there’s skating, I won’t debate on this anymore and won’t even lose time creating a gif as it’s quite pointless. I’m happy though, if the constructive “quality” of the negative feedbacks someone mentioned here is somewhat comparable to yours, than I’m sure there’s no point in even reading them. I salute you buddy.

Wow, straight away offensive… just play the video at 0.5 or even less, there’s not a single frame skipped in that animation. After seeing the tone of your comment, you will keep saying there’s skating, I won’t debate on this anymore and won’t even lose time creating a gif as it’s quite pointless. I’m happy though, if the constructive “quality” of the negative feedbacks someone mentioned here is somewhat comparable to yours, than I’m sure there’s no point in even reading them. I salute you buddy.
Now you sense the aggression. Hah, anyways, I believe anyone could render the frames into images and check it out.

Lol there's clearly skating at several points, wtf? :LOL:

Why are football gaming fans like this? I feel like someone is going to tell me again that what I perceive as skating is actually just player inertia.

Lol there's clearly skating at several points, wtf? :LOL:

Why are football gaming fans like this? I feel like someone is going to tell me again that what I perceive as skating is actually just player inertia.
I had the shit stick thrown at me in the FIFA 22 section for stating what everyone can see (except the FIFA fanboy) regarding skating.
No problems with people liking something that isn't considered "SIM" but beeing blind to what's obvious ,that's fanboying it

It looks very similar to FIFA graphic wise, can't put my hand on the player movement yet,
The gameplay reveal is more of a teaser, can't understand ****.

View attachment 142285
I made this to take the piss a bit. Loved how awkward this whole section was. Fantastic cringe.

Then someone else I know also made this which cracked me up as well :LOL:

View attachment 142286

It did feel like someone was holding him at gunpoint.
If I would make a meme of this, i would also add E-Futebol Pique somewhere, he fits with everything nowadays.

They are a rookies, but I wish them luck! The game will be super basic, with a lot AI and mechanics problems , but what worries me is that they also use Unreal Engine and have the same or similar graphics issues as eFootball, both games look awful and outdated … whether it's an engine problem or a lack of understanding and skills with UE.

They are a rookies, but I wish them luck! The game will be super basic, with a lot AI and mechanics problems , but what worries me is that they also use Unreal Engine and have the same or similar graphics issues as eFootball, both games look awful and outdated … whether it's an engine problem or a lack of understanding and skills with UE.
Definitely not an engine problem.

Havent seen such unwarrant "hate" here not even towards the shambolic eFootball or towards a Fifa title thats being the same game for 6 years now.

The fu@k guys? Poor UFL maybe being unlucky and being that very last drop ...

And im VERY neutral here as we have yet to seen barely anything from it lets be honest and possibly its the most transparent yet out of the three.
Just weird you throw much more crap at a fresh dev team than at EA or Konami who truly deserve it.

Ps im not stuck up in my arse, poking fun at someone whos begging for it is always jokes but still damn u guys are really cruel towards this fresh dev team.

Im sticking to this point even if the gameplay is horrific at the end. But until i havent played it i wont diss it like u now even if it does not look ground breaking atm.

Last edited:
Main problem with todays football games is that they are being developed arseways.
It used to be a complete product. Two teams - AI, algorithms, scenarios, animations.
Users were... drivers, jumping into a fully made, working machine.
Now they are building these machines starting from the drivers and work around them.
Animations are made purely for user input and whole gameplay is made with User Vs User in mind. AI is afterthought. The main thing that should drive the experience, create unexpected scenarios and differentiate matches based on what players you have on your team - is gone.
Football games used to be immersive coz you were just one cog of the "living" machine. Now you are a machine. Its you and 10 brainless clones. And every match looks the same.
Offline mode should not be an afterthought, a DLC that they MIGHT release in the future. Offline mode should be what foofball game is built on.
It should already be there, fully developed, fully functional.
Its online that should be something extra.
Until this changes - we will NEVER get an immersive football game again.
Ironically - online crowd does not seems to realise that their experience also depends on AI. Without good Offline there wont be a good Online.
Because football is not tennis. It takes 11 to change the lightbulb.
Nail on the head, but this is not changing soon, possibly ever again because developers of games think doing it your way is less profit. And all they care about is profit. PES with Seabass, of course they wanted to make money, but it was a passion product, a man's vision, it was art. Now games mostly are soulless crap to make as much cash as possible and repeat until you've milked every cent out of every person.

Havent seen such unwarrant "hate" here not even towards the shambolic eFootball or towards a Fifa title thats being the same game for 6 years now.

The fu@k guys? Poor UFL maybe being unlucky and being that very last drop ...

And im VERY neutral here as we have yet to seen barely anything from it lets be honest and possibly its the most transparent yet out of the three.
Just weird you throw much more crap at a fresh dev team than at EA or Konami who truly deserve it.

Ps im not stuck up in my arse, poking fun at someone whos begging for it is always jokes but still damn u guys are really cruel towards this fresh dev team.

Im sticking to this point even if the gameplay is horrific at the end. But until i havent played it i wont diss it like u now even if it does not look ground breaking atm.
UFL is another cash grab game, they've invested milions on getting "embassadors" for the game rather than focusing their resources on the game. This game was already doomed to fail when one of the lead developers shot his own foot talking about a modded video of pes 21
This game doesn't deserve any praise because it's set to take on the same market share as FIFA, the ""responsive arcade" FUT market. Why should they get any sort of slack for developing a game that looks like fifa 15, right?

Their whole PR/Marketing straategy is a total mess, don't focus on getting embassadors, focus on the game you haave in your hands, focus on PR later

Also, EA and Konami have been getting crap for almost 5 years, the fact that you said strikerz is taking more crap than both of those companies shows that you're either disconnected from reality or just making stuff up just to try and prove a point, either way it doesn't bode well for you mate

UFL? Cute! Graphics from Fifa16. Waiting for a complete match gameplay trailer.
FIFA 16?

That's generous. It looked like ass from the gameplay view. Grass was a vague green carpet thing with no texture. Lighting was probably the worst I've seen on an Unreal game, even worse than eFootball. If I start critiquing the actual gameplay and ball physics I'd be giving this game too much attention... which unfortunately I will in my video. But yeah, it was all quite abysmal but hey they have nice looking menus. Tells you how important that is.

To me, it shows a little bit of ignorance coming up with something "binary" lile this after these intense marketing activities. I wonder why the shitstorm is very moderate.

It might be a young dev team, but that doesn't excuse to stuff the market with another low level clone. What about innovation, what about new philosophies?

Back
Top Bottom