UFL [All Platforms]

MJI

"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙄𝙨 𝙊𝙪𝙧𝙨"
15 June 2020
Poland
BVB 09
Looks like we are getting a brand new football game called UFL. Game will be made on Unreal Engine.

"Join the revolution changing the world of football simulation forever today"

UFL will create a pioneering on-line gaming league and a best-in-class expertise the place gamers will be capable of create their very own soccer golf equipment made up of real-life footballers and compete with different avid gamers worldwide.

The gaming model have additionally partnered with FIFPRO, the world’s largest consultant organisation for over 65,000 skilled footballers, in addition to InStat, a pacesetter in sports activities efficiency evaluation, who will present detailed information and up-to-date statistics for every participant.

1629924903185.png

Last edited:
We already talked about the meaning of what WE call simulation, what does it means for people, what it meaned in the past (in fact there was coming from a French guy who considered PES as "simulation", but Seabass never called his game simulation but Action-Football)
-Simulation actually : player replicated like if they're real, with stats, tactics, and a gameplay who can permit to do anything you could in a football game.
With that status, we can say FIFA 22 beta is a simulation. Representing players and TV football, without super shoot in fire.
"Lookalike" is the main word when they talk simulation. And in fact, PES was at first called simulation for the player representations and limitations in what you could do. Now it's a bit reduced to the "look" and "players strenghtness/weaknesses". No mention to balance or whatever.

-Simulation as we, old gamers, interpret it: a game with the most balanced AI, physics, tactics and players representations too. A game representing the logic of reality, the number of fouls you can get in a real game condensed in 10-12 minutes. In fact the rest same as above too, but for us, we're used to see a player playing the way he's playing IRL since ISS pro, then much more with PES and special skills.
Well, to me, as it's the biggest FIFA issue since 4 iterations, it's the balance (attack/defense > midfield involved in the 2), physicality, and defensive awareness and choices of commands. That last point is super important to me. Hope that if that game is good, the defense will be organic and a bit more assisted by your teamates, like we talked yesterday i think.

Yeah i saw it just after i posted lol on another thread.
But it's a news account such as @its999maggle said no? Or the official is called "News" just for communicates on Twitter?

The game was just announced that not only one hour after, there were already a "news" account... It's really a Twitter thing at his worst.

Well if it's true, why not, to defend manually, controlling the ball "manually"? Like you push the ball to dribble and if you unleash the direction the ball will goes far... And you will got to push a button to block the ball, like in Sensible soccer.
Making attacking very hard. Well "defend manually", you GOT to have an assistance from your teamtates like movements when you attack. Manually or not Like arrow on PES to make an attacker going forward or to make a defender going back to defense... I don't use it often but if it was the only way to attack/defend... I would play like this.

No in fact i would trow the disc by the window or erase the application, should be a feature not a way to play.

Last edited:
Yup, Twitter be like that. Posting memes and all, anything to garner attention. I'll give the developers the benefit of the doubt until we have something concrete to discuss.

I'm on other forum saying Twitter is the worst Social Media. But it really depends how you use it.
For PES and football games, gaming in general or entertainement for example no problem, there's news, exchanges with devs or people working on something etc.

But for news and fakes news, and pretty bad answers not moderated until you signal it... It's really bad, yes. To me the worst as i found it's serve to nothing but some insta-girls who are 95% similar and retouched (big asses/boobs and same postures etc., also those who calls themselves "influencers", how may you can call it a "job" lol, well i hate Insta in general) i don't really think Twitter is really that bad in comparison to that awful, depends people you choose to follow. Never gets issues, neither insult with Twitter, even if i was answering to Pesuniverse members as i built the whole O.F. database, not kits of course but they asked too much.
They didn't got a clue we were 3 at first, 2 actives, then 2, then one (me) for the V7 who wasn't totally finished.
Because the main guy didn't sayed it clearly. I tolded him that honestly paid, not silence or lies.
PES 21 database is way too big about free teams. In PES 2019 no prob about the 20 CSL fakes teams : i use them to recopy all J2 league. Was a pretty good experience sincerely, it was fun to discover that D2, they're better than some D1 in Asia.

I'm not on the team anymore, but i'm still in contact with members. I prefers to edit what i want than MLS on PES (was hell to keep up to date, with my high standards of players creations even for youths. I created almost 50 players, 1 player = 10 to 30 minutes, who left 3 week after their signing lol. Never in Liga MX it happened, and we supposed to build MX instead as it was the editor choice but well... The main Pesuni guy thinked differently as an MLS fan probably.

Looks far more legit than that other one, fingers crossed.

Only thing that worries me so far is the name UFL, if the "U" stands for "Ultimate" then are they just trying to piggyback off the "Ultimate Team" name and appeal to the same audience?

They say "Fair to play" but I can't imagine a free-to-play game not having a FUT style mode where you can pay for better players. EA would probably try to argue FUT is fair so I take the developers own word with a pinch of salt. Would be great if the only purchasable content were cosmetic.

Last edited:
Say what now?
Apparently you can equip golf club to beat AI team mates when they are out of position. Just a rumour tho.

I like what I see. The more the merrier. However you look at it - it has to trigger some effort from EA and Konami.
5 years in development, fifpro license and west ham as partner club shows that they are not fucking around.

Even if it was online only, but gameplay was balanced and there was an option for full manual - id gladly give it a go.

They say Football Simulation, but we'll be the judge on how much of it really is a Simulation. I'm not buying the words football simulation from a company nowadays. Not even if I trust them alot.

Why is everyone always banging on about "football simulation" here like wtf does that even mean? Sounds boring as hell too. Look at the games everyone sucks off from the PS2 era, don't even try to tell me they're simulation but sure fun as hell to play.

When I tried the new pes games 2019 etc feels so boring and ball feels so floaty just no fun

I think that when people says "simulation" don't (at least usually) really mean a 90 minutes, copy carbon imitation of the real thing, but rather what I'd call a more faithful "representation" of the sport, something that translate in his own way as many as possible fundamentals (fouls, midfield battles, positioning, AI, ball physics, individuality etc.) while still keeping the accessibility of it all in mind (compressing it all in an acceptable time length, polishing the really unfun things etc.). Which is also why many people loved older (and even not so older) games, because despite their limits and flaws that's what they subtly tried to achieve.

In this sense I think, as an euphemism, that something way better than what both EA and Konami presented in the last few years could be done.

These are Zinchenko’s custom boots

“No Zina No party” written on the side.

Potentially an ambassador, Man City partnership or just an extremely good attention to detail!

These guys aren’t messing about.

Attachments

• D64536C1-E275-4E65-975B-2B963475DA16.png
    D64536C1-E275-4E65-975B-2B963475DA16.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
I think that when people says "simulation" don't (at least usually) really mean a 90 minutes, copy carbon imitation of the real thing, but rather what I'd call a more faithful "representation" of the sport, something that translate in his own way as many as possible fundamentals (fouls, midfield battles, positioning, AI, ball physics, individuality etc.) while still keeping the accessibility of it all in mind (compressing it all in an acceptable time length, polishing the really unfun things etc.). Which is also why many people loved older (and even not so older) games, because despite their limits and flaws that's what they subtly tried to achieve.

In this sense I think, as an euphemism, that something way better than what both EA and Konami presented in the last few years could be done.

Yeah I know they don't mean 90mins or exactly like real life but I feel like just the way general society is now (never pleased with anything) has seeped into all facets of life and in the football game world we complain that it's not a sim or whatever vague criteria people want games to meet.

When I played the new PES games I felt like they were way more "sim" like than PES4, PES6 which are arcade like ping pong compared to todays game but like I said before we love them and I bet if either of those two games were released now there would be uproar. Games just need to be fun but I think we expect a lot sometimes but I could also be talking out of my massive ass

Apparently you can equip golf club to beat AI team mates when they are out of position. Just a rumour tho.

I like what I see. The more the merrier. However you look at it - it has to trigger some effort from EA and Konami.
5 years in development, fifpro license and west ham as partner club shows that they are not fucking around.

Even if it was online only, but gameplay was balanced and there was an option for full manual - id gladly give it a go.

omg we can finally beat players with golf sticks?

Can't wait to break their legs until their bones protrude from their skins and bleed. Screams of pain and horror as their life drains out infront of the attacker and still getting beaten to pulp further by the stick.

Dual wielding golf sticks, use both analogue sticks to maneuver each golf stick to efficiently eliminate enemy players to gain competitive advantage.

Yeah I know they don't mean 90mins or exactly like real life but I feel like just the way general society is now (never pleased with anything) has seeped into all facets of life and in the football game world we complain that it's not a sim or whatever vague criteria people want games to meet.

When I played the new PES games I felt like they were way more "sim" like than PES4, PES6 which are arcade like ping pong compared to todays game but like I said before we love them and I bet if either of those two games were released now there would be uproar. Games just need to be fun but I think we expect a lot sometimes but I could also be talking out of my massive ass

In my very humble opinion, modern games are certainly more advanced and sim like where they focus to do so (like it's normal.. I mean, they have almost two decades on those other games, the fact comparisons of this kind arise it's already a defeat on his own), but fail, or choose, or whatever it is, to represent football in many other aspects that used to be here. And to many, (me included) that's kinda unfun.

I agree with you that generally people is never pleased, and it's also true in gaming. In another thread noticed that the last game out is usually butchered by critics no matter how good it is. But I also think when your critic is motivated and the market just ignore it, you have a right to say so. There are recentish games I play with much enjoyment after all. Others I couldn't touch with a stick even after they moved from the spotlight.

Don't want to drag it forever anyway lol, even cause I think we are kinda OT.. in the end, to each his own. Don't have particular expectations here either, mainly cause I don't have interest in online, but I'm still curious to see what they'll put out.

If UFL's gameplay really recreates what one's vision of football is, and makes you feel like you're actually playing a football match through your controller (with little exceptions and the usual caveat of it being just a game), then I don't mind having to re-adjust myself and start playing online. I will do it.

If the game punishes people who pressure your player on the ball with 3 of their own team at the same time. If the game punishes players who try to play fast ticky-tacka, and ping-pong all over the pitch while getting the basics and the foundation of any football game right at the same time. It might be a great game.

I've always thought that companies shouldn't steer the game in any particular direction.
If you get the basics right (from players movement, to players speed, ball speed, positioning, ERROR, etc) then the game should flow in a natural way and the recreation of real-life situations will happen naturally. You don't need to force 1 VS 1 situations on the game. Let them happen naturally. And work on the necessary animations and moves so that both players (Human and/or AI) have the tools to try to come out on top in that situation (dribbling, pace, passing if you're on the ball - tackling, physicality, aggressiveness, covering if you're defending).

The moment you start focusing your game on specific outcomes and very specific situations, then you're probably leaving many other areas unattended.

If UFL's gameplay really recreates what one's vision of football is, and makes you feel like you're actually playing a football match through your controller (with little exceptions and the usual caveat of it being just a game), then I don't mind having to re-adjust myself and start playing online. I will do it.

If the game punishes people who pressure your player on the ball with 3 of their own team at the same time. If the game punishes players who try to play fast ticky-tacka, and ping-pong all over the pitch while getting the basics and the foundation of any football game right at the same time. It might be a great game.

I've always thought that companies shouldn't steer the game in any particular direction.
If you get the basics right (from players movement, to players speed, ball speed, positioning, ERROR, etc) then the game should flow in a natural way and the recreation of real-life situations will happen naturally. You don't need to force 1 VS 1 situations on the game. Let them happen naturally. And work on the necessary animations and moves so that both players (Human and/or AI) have the tools to try to come out on top in that situation (dribbling, pace, passing if you're on the ball - tackling, physicality, aggressiveness, covering if you're defending).

The moment you start focusing your game on specific outcomes and very specific situations, then you're probably leaving many other areas unattended.
Best post I read in a while.

I wonder if it will come out next year. In PES 6 i played every day online 1vs1. I loved that. Its good its gonna be online. I want fair competition skill based no lags with great gameplay. No pc? Consoles only?

Back
Top Bottom