Status
Not open for further replies.

PogChampion

Premiership
17 February 2021
Zagreb, Croatia
Drogba FC
Ultimate Fan Zone.jpg

I want to introduce a new idea I had in mind for a while now and that is the Ultimate Fan Zone! Everything about the Ultimate Master League in one place!

Have a player you want to recommend? Bash your current squad? Or just brag about your results? This is the place!

You can also expect player reviews, scoutings of some hidden gems, Master League tips and polls for you to vote in.

Poll.jpg

UML Thread.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic idea I will be posting my thoughts for sure. I have done a simple test run Granada right now and I am seeing a lot more injuries but I plan on running a ML Ponferradina or AJ Auxerre I can't decide.

Fantastic idea I will be posting my thoughts for sure. I have done a simple test run Granada right now and I am seeing a lot more injuries but I plan on running a ML Ponferradina or AJ Auxerre I can't decide.

Well I have been wanting to get back into a French Ligue ML for a while. I originally wanted to do another Estac Troyes run since I did one back on PES 2017 on the PS4 but they have already been promoted so my next choice is Auxerre to see if I can get them back to the top and into the since it's been over 7 seasons in Ligue 2 seems like it would be fun.

As for Ponferradina I like their small stadium and I like Yuri de Souza he has been a great scorer in the 2nd and 3rd division of Spain so long so I want to get this team into top division and maybe even the Europa league, hopefully he doesn't retire by then. :LOL:

great idea Pog, I might as well join the fun! I usually go with the lowest ranked team in a country's lowest division (for 'realism') and try to work my way up from there - I have now started a new one with Huracán (Argentina).

I'll leave you off with an ML negotiation tip most of you probably know: the different contract bonuses for players usually have a great effect in swaying negotiations your way when dealing with high-salaried players, most specially Appearance & Goal bonuses. You'd be amazed how low your salary offer can be if you incorporate juicy bonuses for the player (tested in Transfers Low, and Transfer Difficulty V Hard). This is specially useful when you run a low salary budget - you can offset lower salary offers with higher bonuses, and decide later (on a monthly basis) how you want to pay those bonuses (either with transfer or salary budget, within budget settings).

The other negotiation tip I have is fully leveraging Loan transfers. If you include a Buyout clause, and set that to a very very hefty and entucing value for your negotiating counterpart, they will usually agree on a lower Loan fee. This way you can get the player for a year and then just pass by on the Option clause.

Beware, these 2 can be exploited as usually with Konami they did not do a great job balancing. I try to use these and regulate myself to keep things 'realistic'.

Great idea! Can't wait to read how people fare with your mod on their master league :D for me it's always Manchester United because i just can't stand the idea of playing another team (idk why tho). As of transfers i do them in edit menu for the start because i dislike random summertime transfers in the 1st window and i don't want to start league with squad that I intend to change a lot, yeah that's lowkey cheating but i still compensate teams for their players with United players of similar value (for example Pogba for Pedri or 2for1 kind of deals). Hopefully I will have something new to share here, given that I will decide on squad that I want to have, still browsing players for selection (around 70 now) to later try them out and decide who makes it into the final team :D

Btw if you are still wondering about team to start from 2nd division, my suggestion would be Derby County as they are having rough time recently which makes them quite an interesting option :P

Really interesting to hear different ways of approach to Master League.

Btw if you are still wondering about team to start from 2nd division, my suggestion would be Derby County as they are having rough time recently which makes them quite an interesting option
Indeed a good pick, would be immersive to start with a low budget and try to bring them back to life

As we are on the topic of ML, which is your favourite GP for ML, as many times I've seen Holland's GP as good in exhibition but in ML the teams start scripting anyway. I liked Jostike's Sim GP but felt like the CPU misses many shots. Tell me your fav GP for ML and I'll check how good it is.

As we are on the topic of ML, which is your favourite GP for ML, as many times I've seen Holland's GP as good in exhibition but in ML the teams start scripting anyway. I liked Jostike's Sim GP but felt like the CPU misses many shots. Tell me your fav GP for ML and I'll check how good it is.
I personally enjoyed incas gameplay mod. Really well balanced and fun to play even on legend difficulty.

Btw guys don't forget to vote on the poll

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2alwqiwL58SWFbjqWRljtW_84lCn5SiE3jSau_ihJDaQT3Q/viewform

So I started in Serie BKT with Virtus Entella as Jürgen Klopp but don't take this the wrong way. This version of Jürgen Klopp won't be as full of integrity as the real one... I chose Virtus Entella because I wanted to start with a weak team but yet be able to get promoted. Turns out I didn't had to fear that possibility. Plus Virtus has a freaking cartoon devil on their badge! However I struggled a lot and still do, since I just recently switched to FUMA as well as BroadcastCam. I also experimented a lot with different GP mods, so I had fight real hard. Good thing I didn't make any bid promises to the board before the season. My favorite player was Schenetti in OM. Nevertheless after one season I had seen all the different stadiums and wanted to experience a new league. (Plus they had a really low budget and not too much real player faces, Jürgen didn't like that to much.)

1633170049566.png1633171564714.png

I moved to UD Almeria in LaLiga Smartbank and kept on struggling despite the fact that my team was over all better than Virtus. Sadiq is a perfect striker and I enjoyed playing with him, as well as with the rest of the team. My youth team suddenly exploded with future top class players, so in order to keep the immersion up, I decided to ignore them more or less. It was like playing with Legos again, because I had to pretend that there were only a few decend promising players. I promoted M'Bia to first team and he allready is a beast in DM at age 16. So M'Bia was my Musiala or Wirtz of some sort. I sent out some scouts and made sure that I only tried to scout and finally transfer realistic players. After I cut some old players I had enough money to transfer one or two more decent players. One of them was Japanese player Daizen Maeda and I have to say, so far, he's my favorite player in that ML. Fortunatley I again set the bar very low for the season, so I didn't get sacked. Almeria spent almost the complete first half of the season at the buttom of the table but managed to get out of the woods after increasing performances towards the end of the season. I really wanted to stay and try to top this years end result, but when a club from the EPL Championship knocked on my door I just couldn't resist. Sorry Almeria, you showed real class by sticking with me but I'm just one of these sleazy-ass managers throwing everyone under the bus for my own success.

1633170506202.png

So now I'm with Preston North End and just started my third season. I had to adjust the team since they had a lot of players who wouldn't "fit into my system" (*cough* meaning they were too weak and therefore had to go). Fortunatley "somebody" back at Almeria had forgotten to extent some of the players contracts which meant that a certain somebody could follow his biggest fan Jürgen for less than a million Euros.

1633177252424.png

So I started in Serie BKT with Virtus Entella as Jürgen Klopp but don't take this the wrong way. This version of Jürgen Klopp won't be as full of integrity as the real one... I chose Virtus Entella because I wanted to start with a weak team but yet be able to get promoted. Turns out I didn't had to fear that possibility. Plus Virtus has a freaking cartoon devil on their badge! However I struggled a lot and still do, since I just recently switched to FUMA as well as BroadcastCam. I also experimented a lot with different GP mods, so I had fight real hard. Good thing I didn't make any bid promises to the board before the season. My favorite player was Schenetti in OM. Nevertheless after one season I had seen all the different stadiums and wanted to experience a new league. (Plus they had a really low budget and not too much real player faces, Jürgen didn't like that to much.)

View attachment 124666View attachment 124669

I moved to UD Almeria in LaLiga Smartbank and kept on struggling despite the fact that my team was over all better than Virtus. Sadiq is a perfect striker and I enjoyed playing with him, as well as with the rest of the team. My youth team suddenly exploded with future top class players, so in order to keep the immersion up, I decided to ignore them more or less. It was like playing with Legos again, because I had to pretend that there were only a few decend promising players. I promoted M'Bia to first team and he allready is a beast in DM at age 16. So M'Bia was my Musiala or Wirtz of some sort. I sent out some scouts and made sure that I only tried to scout and finally transfer realistic players. After I cut some old players I had enough money to transfer one or two more decent players. One of them was Japanese player Daizen Maeda and I have to say, so far, he's my favorite player in that ML. Fortunatley I again set the bar very low for the season, so I didn't get sacked. Almeria spent almost the complete first half of the season at the buttom of the table but managed to get out of the woods after increasing performances towards the end of the season. I really wanted to stay and try to top this years end result, but when a club from the EPL Championship knocked on my door I just couldn't resist. Sorry Almeria, you showed real class by sticking with me but I'm just one of these sleazy-ass managers throwing everyone under the bus for my own success.

View attachment 124667

So now I'm with Preston North End and just started my third season. I had to adjust the team since they had a lot of players who wouldn't "fit into my system" (*cough* meaning they were too weak and therefore had to go). Fortunatley "somebody" back at Almeria had forgotten to extent some of the players contracts which meant that a certain somebody could follow his biggest fan Jürgen for less than a million Euros.

View attachment 124684
I like that you're open to switching clubs. I actually thought people mostly stick to one throughout the whole career so it's fun to see a different approach.

Definitely a challenging path, curious to see how will the Preston period develop, or will Klopp quickly get another offer he can't refuse 😄

on another note, I've been enjoying my ML save with Barcelona, trying to rebuild the team.
20211002210004_12.jpg
But as you can see here, I have been struggling quite a bit, dropping a lot of points against lower level teams. And even gotten demolished by Sociedad in Camp Nou, conceded 5 goals in the first half :SHOCK: Our defense has been really shocking!

Great thread @PogChampion! I started a NewCastle ML, going to try and bring them eventually to Europa, then Champions League. Goal is to have them be a top 4 in England. Just starting but I'm 0-1-2 out of the gate.

I used the starting year tool, just put transfer frequency to low. Sim and save to limit the transfers through the first window.

What do you guys set your transfer frequency on? Now that the first window is behind, I have it at normal BUT maybe putting it on high? What do you guys suggest?

What do you guys set your transfer frequency on? Now that the first window is behind, I have it at normal BUT maybe putting it on high? What do you guys suggest?
If somehow I do not edit my team before starting master league, I always go with second to highest option (forgot what it's called and too lazy to actually check :P) as otherwise I felt like there are not enough transfers happening for CPU, would go for highest option but then KONAMI decided to make it as unrealistic as possible, ie. half of the top 5 leagues getting sold out to the South America leagues or Burnley getting player which wage in real life would cost them half of their club... Oh and winter transfers are set to normal or even low to emulate real life.

Tho after this summer window and the fiesta of what was going on with Ronaldo or Messi I am not going to pay as much attention as before to transfers and their realism because we were proven that even real life trolls everyone, not just KONAMI :P

I put it on fairly high. With that, lot of wonderkids, like P. Dwomoh, K. Arnstad, and L. Ugochukwu, are being transferred to the bigger clubs, which is nice to see for me.

The poll is closed and the results are here

Surprisingly some very popular teams are not even on the list, meanwhile for the first buys it's mostly popular names with a few exceptions, mainly because of the team budget.

More polls will be coming in the future!

What was the first club you've chosen or planning to choose in Master League?

Teams used.jpg

first buy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom