V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

Correct. WC mode always wants to be "online" and download the "Live tuning" update. It also seems to do some hard coded changes in the background.
I tried some testing with the gameplay mod because with everything firewalled and offline, the game kept telling me it couldn't connect. I was only trying an offline tournament mode in the WC section. Might have been me, but I felt like the gameplay was the same as in your mod. Could have just been in my head, I suppose.
Do you think using the posted TU#5 data will make it possible to run your previous mod version?

I tried some testing with the gameplay mod because with everything firewalled and offline, the game kept telling me it couldn't connect. I was only trying an offline tournament mode in the WC section. Might have been me, but I felt like the gameplay was the same as in your mod. Could have just been in my head, I suppose.
Do you think using the posted TU#5 data will make it possible to run your previous mod version?
Yeah, got that step done now. Blocking the game from connecting to online, so I get the message ingame.
also tried the game open and then run FMT and it did click and worked… so i Thought. It run the process at least.
Splash screen is still not coming up.

Anyway. Had one match with standard sliders last night through. even in this state, the game feels different to the console version. In a good way.

Edit: but hey, I’m also the guy who’s not getting the controller to work all the time in a way it makes sense. Started the game without dualsense and later connected (when in game). Controller moves all crazy though the menus. Tried starting with a controller connected, but the game starts a new save… it’s all messed up a bit.
can’t remember if I ever got that working for a longer time before... But I’m tired of setting up the controller (plus game settings) every time from scratch.

Last edited:
Tonight it worked and I got to play it the first time.

E3B52F1C-F326-4116-BF9B-3B2D063B8AA1.gif

This is absolutely to my liking and one of the best FIFA I’ve ever played. 😂😍 had 3 matches. 🥳 oh my word…!

3C5E8397-B139-4DEC-98E1-A36A9D395F9E.gif

thank you so much @paulv2k4 ! 🤗

9FEF45C8-1A99-4156-A96A-B48B335851BB.gif

you revived a small part of football passion in me. Im really looking forward to play more.

Last edited:
Hey Placebo! 👋

yeah, that’s the file I’m using. Even this version delivers (afai can tell) and it shows immediately at kick off… that first ball bounce, the pace, player movement… 😍🤩

Those AI counter attacks now… and they are crossing.
All presented very nice on max graphics. 😍 time to use more mods… 😂 I guess. 🤷‍♂️😊

Last edited:
Sorry didn't actually mean to post that! Was getting the quote to reply in the PC thread, oops :)
Now you have to talk to me!!

so speak up boi!! 😂

really can’t wait to get home and try more. You may know, football isn’t a passion to me anymore as it was before. This goes for the real thing and the games. Probably won’t start to watch matches again but that mod kept some passion for the video game side alive or revived it. 🤷‍♂️😊

1674563658831.png

GP V3A7 Release
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e5eqsxnor7xgchp/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v3a7.fbmod/file

Updates:
- Slightly slower overall gameplay
- AI much more considered but lethal if given the chances
- Much more tackles and fouls
- Slightly increased gap between good and poor defenders response times
- Slightly decreased response times of all midfielders whilst defending

My concerns:
- Pass accuracy is a little too high
- Shot accuracy is too high on top players

mod kept some passion for the video game side alive or revived it.
That's a pretty freaking amazing compliment for @Paul-v . I have to admit that through times when I grow fatigued with Premier League, billionaire corporate football bullshit which seems to happen more and more frequently and especially through this last World Cup that I barely watched for the first time, Paul's mod feeling like what football should be about has always made me actually give a s#$t about football.

I don't want to get picky but is there something we can do ourselves to lower this "lethal-ness"? Some slider? I know sliders haven't done shit for years in FIFA, but just curious.

View attachment 198913

GP V3A7 Release

Updates:

My concerns:

I am experiencing crash to desktop with this newer version on TU7.

View attachment 198913

GP V3A7 Release

Updates:

My concerns:
Paul, great work on this. I just successfully played my first enjoyable game of FIFA 23 after trying your mod. Typcially I couldn't get beyond about the 15 minute mark of any match, but this kept me engaged!

Paul, great work on this. I just successfully played my first enjoyable game of FIFA 23 after trying your mod. Typcially I couldn't get beyond about the 15 minute mark of any match, but this kept me engaged!

is it better than the version for TU5? I am scared to update.

Referring to v3a2

is it better than the version for TU5? I am scared to update.

Referring to v3a2
I didn't try that one. This is the first gameplay mod of Paul's I've tried for 23. I put 23 away for a long, long time...and was skeptical to come back haha.

I didn't try that one. This is the first gameplay mod of Paul's I've tried for 23. I put 23 away for a long, long time...and was skeptical to come back haha.

I am very tempted to update just for the fact that I want better defenders to be more OP than they are atm. Which difficulty do you play with? I play on World Class with Player Based Difficulty on.

I am very tempted to update just for the fact that I want better defenders to be more OP than they are atm. Which difficulty do you play with? I play on World Class with Player Based Difficulty on.
Yeah same as me. My sample size is extremely small at the moment though..... I was just happy to make it to the 25 minute mark of a match without turning it off :LMAO:

This is mostly the reason I quit releasing mods.

"I had a crash".

Excellent. Thanks for the information for me to or someone else to help you out.

How about explain what other mods you are using? Version of FMT? What teams you were using? What mode you were playing? Before just acusing me of releasing something in a broken state. You obviously just saw me post a full game that works in the screenshot. It is going is going to be a YOU problem. So what are YOU doing/playing so I can find out where the bug is.

Thanks.

"I had a crash".

Excellent. Thanks for the information for me to or someone else to help you out.

How about explain what other mods you are using? Version of FMT? What teams you were using? What mode you were playing? Before just acusing me of releasing something in a broken state. You obviously just saw me post a full game that works in the screenshot. It is going is going to be a YOU problem. So what are YOU doing/playing so I can find out where the bug is.

Thanks.
Oh. Sorry for that. FMT 23.18. It crashed without any other mod ( so only V Gameplay Mod V3 A7). I play Spurs Career and match that i can't finish is home against Arsenal.

I only played the one game so far but no crashes, the game was really good, a tense match with few clear cut chances, I scored late on then had to defend valiantly to keep the lead, superb! :)

I have played couple of matches for testing purposes. All in quick match and on Home team stadium.
Spurs - Arsenal - crash
Brentford - Spurs (same match I played in career before it started crashing for me) - no crash
Arsenal - Spurs - no crash
Napoli - Milan on Spurs stadium - no crash
Spurs - Arsenal - no crash.
After that I tried Spurs - Arsenal in Career mode and had no crash. Don't know what was reason for it, but hope it stopped.

Bit of feedback. It playes excellent. Midfield became really tough.
My concerns:
Pass accuracy is a bit too high. For me sweet spot is pass error 55 and pass speed 45 sliders. Shot accuracy is uneven between strike types for me. Regular shots are in good spot. Curled shots on top players are accurate and fast. May be a bit too fast. Main problem is trivela (curled with outside of the boot). It is lightning fast and keepers can't react.
Other problem that i see is ref. Sometimes both me and CPU get fouls on clean tackles, even with cards. Especially on sliding tackles.

hi
is there a way to know the mod installed correctly, I followed the instructions on github
just want to make sure
thanks

hi
is there a way to know the mod installed correctly, I followed the instructions on github
just want to make sure
thanks
There is a special splash screen coming up when the game launches correctly from FMT.

it’s looking like the real deal fifa slogan in the middle of the screen, on white background, but with a root sign symbol added before that.

"I had a crash".

Thanks.

Sorry for my message without any constructive information. I had crash while playing kick off with Arsenal as the home team against united without any other mod. It happened two times in a raw during the first half. I am using the last version of fmt and the TU6.1.

Last edited:
Sorry for my message without any constructive information. I had crash while playing kick off with Arsenal as the home team against united without any other mod. It happened two times in a raw during the first half. I am using the last version of fmt and the TU7.
We are not on TU7 mate we are on TU 6.1

I have played couple of matches for testing purposes. All in quick match and on Home team stadium.
Spurs - Arsenal - crash
Brentford - Spurs (same match I played in career before it started crashing for me) - no crash
Arsenal - Spurs - no crash
Napoli - Milan on Spurs stadium - no crash
Spurs - Arsenal - no crash.
After that I tried Spurs - Arsenal in Career mode and had no crash. Don't know what was reason for it, but hope it stopped.

Bit of feedback. It playes excellent. Midfield became really tough.

Pass accuracy is a bit too high. For me sweet spot is pass error 55 and pass speed 45 sliders. Shot accuracy is uneven between strike types for me. Regular shots are in good spot. Curled shots on top players are accurate and fast. May be a bit too fast. Main problem is trivela (curled with outside of the boot). It is lightning fast and keepers can't react.
Other problem that i see is ref. Sometimes both me and CPU get fouls on clean tackles, even with cards. Especially on sliding tackles.

Does it crash in game or after game? What do you usually do before the crash? Like shooting ,passing, scoring a goal. I remember there was a crash when just before scoring a goal but I don't have that crash anymore.

Does it crash in game or after game? What do you usually do before the crash? Like shooting ,passing, scoring a goal. I remember there was a crash when just before scoring a goal but I don't have that crash anymore.
Definitely not connected with goals. Most likely when receiving ball.

Back
Top Bottom