V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

hi I just installed fifa23 with eapp, I would like to know if I can use these mods with title update 7
given my ignorance how does the gameplay, career mod and licensing mod apply? Thank you

Good afternoon all,

After thorough testing. There is definitely something wrong with my gameplay project file. So sorry about that.

As I cannot seem to resolve the issue. I have had to restart my project from scratch and this will take some time.

Here is the link to my first iteration

What is included?
- AI changes to always try to create crossing opportunities
- Movement speed changes
- Passing speed changes
- Shooting speed changes

Obviously, this is very vanilla compared to my old work. So, feedback is not necessarily needed as I know so much is missing.

Please let me know if you get crashes with this version. Im sure you guys have more time than I do.

Ahhhh really sucks you have to start from scratch but thank you so much for not giving up! Your gameplay mod is the only thing that made Fifa 23 playable.

Ahhhh really sucks you have to start from scratch but thank you so much for not giving up! Your gameplay mod is the only thing that made Fifa 23 playable.
No worries.

All it did is highlight how bad the coding (in terms of surviving patches) I took from Frosty Editor for projects was. The way it saves and loads can really mess up if EA make big changes to EBX, of which they have done a lot this year.

I made some further progress over the weekend but its nowhere near the same. I wasn't sure whether to keep releasing the progress or hold off until finished. It's up to you guys really.

No worries.

All it did is highlight how bad the coding (in terms of surviving patches) I took from Frosty Editor for projects was. The way it saves and loads can really mess up if EA make big changes to EBX, of which they have done a lot this year.

I made some further progress over the weekend but its nowhere near the same. I wasn't sure whether to keep releasing the progress or hold off until finished. It's up to you guys really.
I personally can wait till it’s in state where you say it’s ready to be released. Take your time! Thanks for your effort agin! 🙏💪

No worries.

Yeah I would also say release it when you're happy with it, the way things are going they might break it in an update anyway!

hi I just installed fifa23 with eapp, I would like to know if I can use these mods with title update 7
given my ignorance how does the gameplay, career mod and licensing mod apply? Thank you
Career & Licensing mods have worked with every update (even the ones built for FET).

Gameplay is being rebuilt.

Career & Licensing mods have worked with every update (even the ones built for FET).

Gameplay is being rebuilt.
Hi I have installed the following mods:
V fifa 23 licensed mod A2
V career mod aplha 4
V fifa 23 gameplay mod rebuild alpha

I followed all the steps as per the tutorial but I find the very old rosters and the unlicensed Italians apart from Roma with only one shirt, but everything else unchanged
where did I go wrong?

Gameplay mod worked i saw changes in game

Hi I have installed the following mods:
V fifa 23 licensed mod A2
V career mod aplha 4
V fifa 23 gameplay mod rebuild alpha

I followed all the steps as per the tutorial but I find the very old rosters and the unlicensed Italians apart from Roma with only one shirt, but everything else unchanged
where did I go wrong?

Gameplay mod worked i saw changes in game
I mix with the last FIFER Realism Mod Lite FIFER put on Evo Web. Still works great.

I wasn't sure whether to keep releasing the progress or hold off until finished. It's up to you guys really.
I prefer you release something when it's finally doing what you want. For two reasons,
1. It's less time wasted for you having to explain, "so, it works for the most part but please just ignore X, Y, and Z which are still not working"
2. It puts less versions out there that can be downloaded by people who will then come asking questions only relevant to THAT very beta version claiming that "the mod doesn't work". The fewer versions circulating, the better for troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

Sorry for this stupid question

I have fifa23 thru steam
Does somebody knows, how to make the frostbite tool to work with it after imported paul's gameplay mod?
Thanks in advance!
(Converted back to tu5 btw)

Hello guys,

Sorry for this stupid question

I have fifa23 thru steam
Does somebody knows, how to make the frostbite tool to work with it after imported paul's gameplay mod?
Thanks in advance!
(Converted back to tu5 btw)
Go into Steam>Right click on FIFA 23>Select 'Properties'>Under 'General' tab where it says 'Launch Options' enter the following in the box:

-dataPath ModData

Close the window and launch the game once you have imported the mods via FMT.

You will know the gameplay mod is working because on the FIFA 23 title screen there will be a square root symbol before to the left of the text 'FIFA 23'.

Last edited:
Go into Steam>Right click on FIFA 22>Select 'Properties'>Under 'General' tab where it says 'Launch Options' enter the following in the box:

-dataPath ModData

Close the window and launch the game once you have imported the mods via FMT.

You will know the gameplay mod is working because on the FIFA 23 title screen there will be a square root symbol before to the left of the text 'FIFA 23'.
Thanks for replying!
I have this 'command' line in the box(for mod manager)..
So I only have to import the mods thru fmt, and then launch fifa23 the normal way?

I think you launch via FMT, once you have imported the mods you hit the Launch Game button in the top right of FMT. But i'm not 100% sure if you have to do it each and every time or only the first time. But anyway I launched it that way all the time and it all worked fine.

I think you launch via FMT, once you have imported the mods you hit the Launch Game button in the top right of FMT. But i'm not 100% sure if you have to do it each and every time or only the first time. But anyway I launched it that way all the time and it all worked fine.
Yes , I did that also..yet the game does not start..weird..
Maybe I'm forgetting something , I don't know

Hey @Paul-v ! 👋

i had a good friend over last night. We were/are both long time PES die hards.
first he was moaning a bit about the usual… grass degradation and so on! 😉

i sat him down, set the game up properly and have him playing the CPU at professional difficulty. He found his way into fifa and liked the gameplay! I’m currently using your v5. What I wanna say is, thank you! 😊💪
I am really looking forward to revive my local multiplayer needs with your gameplay mod, my friend and some good old banter! 😂🥳

Hey @Paul-v ! 👋

i had a good friend over last night. We were/are both long time PES die hards.
first he was moaning a bit about the usual… grass degradation and so on! 😉

i sat him down, set the game up properly and have him playing the CPU at professional difficulty. He found his way into fifa and liked the gameplay! I’m currently using your v5. What I wanna say is, thank you! 😊💪
I am really looking forward to revive my local multiplayer needs with your gameplay mod, my friend and some good old banter! 😂🥳
Nice! I recommend using Parsec if you can't get together to play locally.

Excuse my noob question.
What is the folder "locale only" in your MediaFire folder link?
Thanks
It was the start of my mods for FIFA 23 for when we couldn't mod anything but the locale.ini. The locale.ini contains many AI / game settings that are very useful in modifying gameplay.

Hi Paul,
Can you please make a mod that enables more than one commentary language installed? like in PES you can (in-game) cycle through 2 or more commentary languages?

I think its time for an update to the gameplay mod, dont you? :)

I am slowly working back to where I was. This gameplay can be a bit "slow" at times and AI is not crossing as much as I'd like. Very much WIP!

Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zgne4eb8e9d9jls/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v3a11.fbmod/file

Great work on this last version of the gameplay mod Paul. It does really play better than any other FIFA23 version I played since your TU5 gameplay mod.
One thing I particularly liked, is the ability of the CPU team to retains possession. Normally no matter my CPU opponent, I am getting much more of the ball. I conceded possession for the first time with FIFA23 (55% to CPU Juventus). I also liked how much more human the CPU was. Animations are feeling better, still to slidy skaty to my test but huge improvement.

I agree though that the CPU is not crossing enough (at all?). I did also found that the CPU defense was following a bit to deep my players runs instead of stepping up to play the offside line. As a manual player I also found that it was really difficult to apply the right amount of power for my ground passes. I was under hitting them more often than not.

I think I'm so happy on V3a5 that I'm afraid to go any higher. How do we know exactly what TU we're on?
EA dont use TU# in their code. Its all build numbers. I dont know which build number means which Title Update, I only would if I actually wrote them down, which I dont. :)

If you are happy and it still works, 100% stick with it!

Great work on this last version of the gameplay mod Paul. It does really play better than any other FIFA23 version I played since your TU5 gameplay mod.
One thing I particularly liked, is the ability of the CPU team to retains possession. Normally no matter my CPU opponent, I am getting much more of the ball. I conceded possession for the first time with FIFA23 (55% to CPU Juventus). I also liked how much more human the CPU was. Animations are feeling better, still to slidy skaty to my test but huge improvement.

I agree though that the CPU is not crossing enough (at all?). I did also found that the CPU defense was following a bit to deep my players runs instead of stepping up to play the offside line. As a manual player I also found that it was really difficult to apply the right amount of power for my ground passes. I was under hitting them more often than not.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

You are having the same issues I am. Which is good! So I know we are all having the same experience. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom