What is your favorite match duration for enjoyment/realistic scores? (PES 2015-2021)

What is your favorite match duration for enjoyment/realistic scores?

• Less than 10 Minutes

• 10 minutes

• 11-14 minutes

• 15 minutes

• 16-19 minutes

• 20 minutes

• 21+ minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.
20mins for me ever since I started playing Full Manual.
I dont have to rush, I can have a nice build up and play patient football.
Also - If they score against me - I dont have to panic. I know there is still time and I can spend it adjusting tactics and making changes.

I've played around with many different match lengths before, with 10min always being my standard, though I've also played around lots with 5min, 7min and 15min. Overall nowadays I feel the most comfortable with either 10min or 15min, depending on the context. I know 5min and 7min seems like little time, and it really is, but I've always lost interest in things quickly, so finishing more than 3 seasons in a ML was always a struggle to me, which lead to me usually giving up... or reducing the length of matches to go through the season faster.

I've sort of given up on leagues or any modes with full leagues, as it's clearly not for me, now I play exhibition matches and, my favorite, cup competitions, with national teams or clubs, everything with a knockout stage, with or without a group stage prior. Now that I usually play something that has a story with a beginning, middle and end within 6 to to 14 matches, I've stopped using 5min and 7min, and usually go for 10min or 15min, depending on the mood I'm in, though I do feel 15min is my ideal length, even if 10min is the one I always default to eventually.

After switching to FUMA and -1 in pretty much everything I play, more time started to become a requirement, so that I don't have to rush my plays, and matches can have more of a story, instead of becoming a matter of who scores first, if anyone does so, it's more unpredictable.

@MKC with me it's the opposite. :) I like having my matches last a bit longer.

I'd play 20 minutes (and I usually do, if there's no sider available).. But 17 is the sweet spot for me. Sometimes 20 minutes gives me too high-scoring games in Master League, which is 90% of what I play.

Started off playing 15 minute matches, but they always seemed a little short for my style.. If only just. So I settled on 17.

I always play PA 1. Game speed varies, depending on the edition.. Most of the time I'll play with -1 speed, but sometimes I play -2. Depends a lot on whether I'm using gameplay mods.

@MKC with me it's the opposite. :) I like having my matches last a bit longer.

I'd play 20 minutes (and I usually do, if there's no sider available).. But 17 is the sweet spot for me. Sometimes 20 minutes gives me too high-scoring games in Master League, which is 90% of what I play.

Started off playing 15 minute matches, but they always seemed a little short for my style.. If only just. So I settled on 17.

I always play PA 1. Game speed varies, depending on the edition.. Most of the time I'll play with -1 speed, but sometimes I play -2. Depends a lot on whether I'm using gameplay mods.
I know what you mean, it's the reason I've given up on 5min and 7min really, even 10min does sometimes feel short, though it still works well enough. 15min is pretty much perfect for me in cup competitions, this feeling you had of needing a few more minutes in it is what I feel often with 10min, though I play on it a lot too due to the convenience, if I want to finish a cup in one sitting. Overall I didn't know if I should vote for 10min, my most played, or 15min, the one I think is best, though considering the pool as for favorite in enjoyment and realism, 15min it is.

I've made an exception for PES 2015.. I am playing 14 minute matches at the moment for a very simple reason: simulated scores!

Playing with 20 minutes, I was getting unrealistic sim scores (6-4 for example) in cups and leagues, so I've settled on 14 minutes for this installment.

I usually play 12-13 minutes. It's fine for Pes 17, but I'm considering bringing it to at least 14 in Pes 21.. game requires a lot of patience in some situations.

20mins for me ever since I started playing Full Manual.
I dont have to rush, I can have a nice build up and play patient football.
Also - If they score against me - I dont have to panic. I know there is still time and I can spend it adjusting tactics and making changes.
I play 15 mins on FUMA (PES 21) and most of my games are 3 goals or less with the occasional 4 or 5 goal game. I think the fatigue works well enough on 21 that anything past 10 minutes has a noticeable effect on your forwards ability to make incisive runs on through balls or breakaways so if you don’t balance your approach and you fail to insert a fair amount of passing into your game, 20 or even 25 minute games rarely result in goalfests.

Last edited:
I play 15 mins on FUMA (PES 21) and most of my games are 3 goals or less with the occasional 4 or 5 goal game. I think the fatigue works well enough on 21 that anything past 10 minutes has a noticeable effect on your forwards ability to make incisive runs on through balls or breakaways so if you don’t balance your approach and try to play without balancing a fair amount of passing into your game, 20 or even 25 minute games rarely result in goalfests.
Yeah, I never really had goalfest issue on Pes21. The highest result I had in my last season played was 3:5, but that was one of match. I also had good few scoreless results.
I usually play with shite teams, so that also adds to my ineffectiveness.
I think Pes17 was one exeption - I played 10/15mins matches there, as it was faster, Full Manual felt more stiff and closer to assisted and I did have high results there, even on higher difficulties. Somehow it was just easier to score there for me.

Yeah, I never really had goalfest issue on Pes21. The highest result I had in my last season played was 3:5, but that was one of match. I also had good few scoreless results.
I usually play with shite teams, so that also adds to my ineffectiveness.
I think Pes17 was one exeption - I played 10/15mins matches there, as it was faster, Full Manual felt more stiff and closer to assisted and I did have high results there, even on higher difficulties. Somehow it was just easier to score there for me.
That’s why I could never revert back to 17. Although the CPU attacking was exciting and varied, FUMA was broken and felt like semi-assisted to me with an on-rails feeling to medium/long passes. It actually prevented you from doing things you can do on FUMA in 21.

I actually might decrease from 17 to 16 minutes in PES 2017 with sider. After playing 3 seasons of Master League with my Reggina save, I've noticed that total goals in Master League are a little high. Every little minute counts, might also decrease speed from -1 to -2. :TU:

Also. I might skip 2015 for now. PA1 is quite interesting in that installment, a good interpretation of stats/control. However, it seems to me like the only way to get realistic SIM match results is by playing 10 minutes, which is too short for me. I was playing a 14 minute cup and the simulated CPU games were still too high. (too many 5-3, 6-1 games, etc).. I guess I really care about stats accuracy even in simulated games. :LOL:

Last edited:
I've made an exception for PES 2015.. I am playing 14 minute matches at the moment for a very simple reason: simulated scores!

Playing with 20 minutes, I was getting unrealistic sim scores (6-4 for example) in cups and leagues, so I've settled on 14 minutes for this installment.
Doesnt matter which duration you use on 2015 for sim scores, its a crazy scoreline in every cpu vs cpu game.
ive even tried the lowest (5 min?) still 3-3 6-5 scoires aqll over the place

@rockstrongo bro, were you able to take a look at the simulated PES 2015 scores? How are they looking on your end? (are they too high or are they accurate, and also curious to hear about your match duration)..

I've recently found sweet spots for different PES which I personally prefer, in terms of enjoyment/scores (I usually play slower gameplay, -2 speed or 0.87 speeder/speedhack).

PES 5, 6, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014: 20 minutes.
PES 2017: 16 minutes (using sider)
PES 2018: 17 minutes (using sider)
PES 2019: 16 minutes (using sider)
PES 2021: 20 minutes

Haven't really played 2015 or 2016 recently so I couldn't really say, but still I wanted to share my personal match duration preferences. :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom