What's Your Favorite Food? What's Your National Food?

PotatoCouch

Champions League
17 September 2013
Yokohama, Japan
Yokohama F Marinos
Being a foodie myself, I was hoping that we can all share our love for food especially members in this forum is coming from all around the world.

I be keen to know what food do you normally eat? What is your favorite food? Is it the signature dish of your home country or perhaps even your village or town?

I'm pretty sure we haven't got this kind of topic in the forum, have we? I did a quick search therefore I'm creating a new thread here.

So folks, I'll start of with this dish:
char-koay-teow4-768x1152.jpg

So this dish is called Char Koay Teow and can normally be found in South East Asia countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia or even Thai (called Pad See Eew).

It's basically a fried rice noodles which is stir-fried over a very wok hot in garlic oil, seasoned in light and dark soya sauce and tossed with cockles, Chinese sausages (lap cheong), beansprouts, (belacan shrimp paste) chilli sambal & chives.

This is not my national food however being Japanese myself, I've lived abroad longer than I've in Japan so my favorite dish goes to this dish.

If you can find this in whichever country you live in, give it a shot and let me know your experience.

My favorite dish is a Korean dish called "Jjjajangmyeon "(짜장면), which is basically wheat noodles, with salty "jjajang", which is basically a thick dark korean sauce, mixed vegetables and usually beef (with occasionally seafood)! It is usually served with kimchi or takuan (picked vegetables) on the side! 🍜🍜 By far my favorite dish in the whole world! ;) :TU:

As I live in South America it is naturally not a national dish, but Korean eateries are getting more common in my city, and are everywhere in other South American cities with large Asian populations such as Sao Paulo. :)

1657610803083.png

Last edited:
My favorite dish is a Korean dish called "Jjjajangmyeon "(짜장면), which is basically buckwheat noodles, with salty "jjajang", which is basically a thick dark korean sauce, mixed vegetables and usually beef (with occasionally seafood)! It is usually served with kimchi or takuan (picked vegetables) on the side! 🍜🍜 By far my favorite dish in the whole world! ;) :TU:

As I live in South America it is naturally not a national dish, but Korean eateries are getting more common in my city, and are everywhere in other South American cities with large Asian populations such as Sao Paulo. :)

View attachment 168717
OMG I love some jjajangmyeon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and perhaps some Korean Fried Chicken !!!!

Hello.🤗❤️
well, it's my first post here. @millossobek show me this forum. My favourite dish is "Ajiaco". Is a soup especially popular in the Colombian capital, Bogotá, being called Ajiaco santafereño, where it is typically made with chicken, three varieties of potatoes, and the herb Galinsoga parviflora, known locally as guasca or guascas. It can be garnished with capers, avocado slices, pieces of corn on the cob, or cream.Screenshot_20230802_201634.jpg

Last edited:
Hello.🤗❤️
well, it's my first post here. @millossobek show me this forum. My favourite dish is "Ajiaco". Is a soup especially popular in the Colombian capital, Bogotá, being called Ajiaco santafereño, where it is typically made with chicken, three varieties of potatoes, and the herb Galinsoga parviflora, known locally as guasca or guascas. It can be garnished with capers, avocado slices, pieces of corn on the cob, or cream.View attachment 227865
Thanks @TardeRedondaFC if you serve that in Asia countries, they will think it's corn and egg soup as they look very similar and have thick consistency. It looks very good I must say. Do you folks normally have the soup on its own or with rice?

And I'm intrigued. What does it taste like? it is more dominant to sweet or salty?

My favorite cuisine is Japanese, which is famous for its exquisite array of dishes such as sushi, sashimi, tempura, and ramen. The careful artistry involved in crafting each sushi roll or the precision required to slice sashimi is truly remarkable and reflects the Japanese commitment to culinary perfection.

But have you ever considered experimenting with other cuisines in the comfort of your own kitchen? If you enjoy Japanese cuisine, you might also find delight in exploring other culinary horizons. For instance, why not try your hand at creating a homemade Alfredo sauce recipe? Alfredo sauce is a rich and creamy sauce commonly used in Italian cuisine to complement pasta dishes. Crafting this sauce from scratch allows you to control the flavors and ingredients, resulting in a personalized and delectable experience.

Last edited:
The British tradition of eating fish battered and fried in oil was introduced to the country by Spanish and Portuguese Jewish immigrants
I’ve got no idea if that’s correct or not but you’re probably right. Everything originates somewhere. You could probably link every meal ever created to somewhere other than where we first thought though lol

Alfredo sauce is a rich and creamy sauce commonly used in Italian cuisine to complement pasta dishes. Crafting this sauce from scratch allows you to control the flavors and ingredients, resulting in a personalized and delectable experience.
As an Italian, I swear that we've never seen anything like the "Alfredo sauce" here. 😅
What some call the "Fettuccine alla Alfredo" is just fresh egg pasta (but some, like me, sometimes use durum wheat pasta instead) with butter and Parmigiano Reggiano. No other cheese, no seasoning, no garlic.

I agree on experimenting though. If any of you is into italian food and got interested by the "Alfredo sauce" idea...
The closest real thing to the "Alfredo sauce" I can think of is "Cacio e pepe": it is made with pepper and lots of "Pecorino Romano" (or, I say, even "Pecorino Toscano" which is a little more mellow) cheese, which does get creamy during the process (possibly use pici as the pasta of choice, should you want to try it).

The Italian sauce you should really try is the "Carbonara", though (you might just want to use tonnarelli which are a little thicker instead of spaghetti).
Please, please, NEVER use egg whites, just use yolks. Remember that "guanciale" is NOT "pancetta".
And NO cream. The only thing related to milk you should use is the "Pecorino Romano" cheese.

Back
Top Bottom