Which is Nike's best Premier League ball?

Which is Nike's best Premier League ball?

• 2020/21

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 2019/20

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 2018/19

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 2017/18

• 2016/17

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 2015/16

• 2014/15

• 2013/14

• 2012/13

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Interpret "best" however you like - for me it's purely aesthetic, but I'm interested to know... Which ball do you like best?

Qh09X6E.jpg

EDIT: Not enough options in the poll setup for all of them but here they are...

YPVucoj.png

Last edited:
I used to love the T90 Tracer (2010-11 IIRC) because it reminded me of the T90 Aerow but with a modern twist to it.
If I had to choose one of these, I'd say the 18/19 one.

2004-2008...

But 18/19 for me. As I'm not kicking the thing, it's all about the aesthetic. Namely, how it looks when it's travelling. High contrast is the order of the day, so you get a sense of the spin on the ball, or lack of it. Doesn't need to be much, and sometimes less is more. I quite like the new one.

• Staff
Tried to add all the options from your list there @slamsoze, and it turns out you can't have more than 12 options in a poll. So it ended up getting reset for no reason... D'oh.

Not a fan of those huge grooves but hey, who am I to complain?
They have most likely been engineered to give more... stability? curve? whatever? and I ain't a physicist so I won't discuss them. They just don't look good on a football to me but that's the farthest I can go without talking about matters I don't know.

Prefer the plain white but at least the design isn't too over the top.

Other observations: the likes of 'Footy Headlines' - why do they watermark photos that aren't theirs? I guess it's so muppets like me now know they exist.

Also, remember when prior to every major tournament we were wowed by marketing departments' promises of the roundest ball ever? Now? Bumps.

The ball in the first post is official (without the league branding) but you can see how it would look like the one with the red accents.

I'd seen a leak a few days ago which I can only imagine is fake:

nike-20-21-premier-league-ball%2B%25284%2529.jpg

I think this will be released in March next year, like the "Tunnel Vision" ball they released this year.

I think this will be released in March next year, like the "Tunnel Vision" ball they released this year.
This is getting a little out of hand though.

I mean...
A new ball for the next iteration of a tournament (be it a league or a cup) gets released, and that's completely normal.
During the autumn, a hi-vis version of the same ball (usually yellowish) gets released, and I'm OK with that, so we don't have trouble with fog/snow.
Then there may come the "snow" version of the ball (orangeish)... And they're becoming too many already.
But wait, halfway through the tournament (be it in spring for the leagues, or during the playoffs for the cups) a wild new ball suddenly appears! Meh if it's for the playoffs, completely nonsense if it's for a league.
Aaaand finally... There's the "final" ball if it's a cup (this makes more sense than the "playoff/special spring version" at least).

Too many. Definitely too many.

This is getting a little out of hand though.

I mean...
A new ball for the next iteration of a tournament (be it a league or a cup) gets released, and that's completely normal.
During the autumn, a hi-vis version of the same ball (usually yellowish) gets released, and I'm OK with that, so we don't have trouble with fog/snow.
Then there may come the "snow" version of the ball (orangeish)... And they're becoming too many already.
But wait, halfway through the tournament (be it in spring for the leagues, or during the playoffs for the cups) a wild new ball suddenly appears! Meh if it's for the playoffs, completely nonsense if it's for a league.
Aaaand finally... There's the "final" ball if it's a cup (this makes more sense than the "playoff/special spring version" at least).

Too many. Definitely too many.

Agree. Also disappointed that the "final" ball is now being used for the entirety of the knockout stages (e.g. Champions League) and a thing I used to like was that from 2006-2011, the winner of the Champions League would use the previous year's final ball in their home matches.

The Premier League doesn't have a final, and apart from last year, the title was won by a canter, (even when Leicester won it, they were like 10 points ahead of Arsenal) so there's no need for it, and like most things in football these days, it's all about money.

Not to mention the "No Room for Racism" balls they added into FIFA this year.

Back
Top Bottom