AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread > CAMPIONI D'ITALIA!

He still doesn't. See above. Three slaps in two weeks and is now banned from the most important league game. I don't know how Barcelona would have handled such a situation.

Last edited:

You just deduce that when Antonini appears like a great well rounded left back.

harsh :D
antonini is no world beater... and he's certainly not abate. but he's good\decent player :))

He still doesn't. See above. Three slaps in two weeks and is now banned from the most important league game. I don't know how Barcelona would have handled such a situation.

Guardiola would've just ignored him. :OOOH: That already happened none the less.

Oh Allegri puts Inzaghi on in stoppage time for the second time in a row. Not cool! Ruined the victory for me.

harsh :D
antonini is no world beater... and he's certainly not abate. but he's good\decent player :))

Yeah sure I was joking but I haven't seen him perform so well since the Ronaldinho days when Dinho used to anticipate his awkward zigzag runs and surprisingly make the ball reach him. Decent but surely one of the clumsiest players I've seen. :D

So a lot of changes this summer. Allegri is long gone. No way Berlusconi keeps him now.

Milan have been different since mid season. The team has no drive now and we have been sneaking wins for weeks now. Pretty dull football overall.

I think Allegri messed up when he went all out against Juve is the second leg of the cup, cost a lot of energy and injuries, and his persistence on Emanuelson as a trequartista.

I think he has problems motivating the team. Against Barca was the first time I saw such a charged up MIlan this season, but after that we completely lost touch and lost our intensity. Juve have had 100% intensity all season and all their players are never tired, where as we're always tired! I think this strongly links to mental wellbeing, and our players don't have it.

Who would we even be able to get if Allegri leaves? Spalletti will be free, but I can imagine him being another Leonardo.

How can you compare Spalletti to Leonardo!!?

I don't mean in terms of tactics or man management - Spalletti would own Leonardo 100x. But I see Spalletti as quite an attacking coach, which I don't think our team can handle. We've invested so much in muscle that when we attack, we have massive imbalance in our midfield/attack.

I think Allegri messed up when he went all out against Juve is the second leg of the cup, cost a lot of energy and injuries, and his persistence on Emanuelson as a trequartista.
I don't get this either. He'd be far better at left-back or on the left side of the diamond.

Re: The AC Milan Thread > Grazie Nesta, Pippo & Rino!

Gattuso in a way said he thinks Montolivo needs to grow some balls if he wants to succeed at Milan. :LOL: Say it like it is.

Good to see Allegri semi-confirmed for next season. He stated he wants to use Emanuelson as a left back which is a good thing and put Montolivo in front of the defence. This I don't get. From a general like van Bommel to Montolivo. Midfield still needs some additions.

And voices say we might sell Ibra and Robinho. I think in some way the attack needs to be sorted but still on the fence with regards to Ibra. He basically carried us this season.

Ibra would be a big loss. Robinho, not at all.

Putting Montolivo in front of back 4, perhaps he's trying to do what Milan did to Pirlo sitting deeper and dictating play. We'll see how it works.

I'd like to see Allegri stay on and continue his work so that's very good news.

So Flamini is apparently is going to agree to a 60% wage cut. From 4.5M to 1.8M!! His contract was expiring.

I am really glad we are keeping him. Maybe he'll finally get his chance this year seeing how short we are on midfielders. I always thought he is one of our better midfielders but every year something prevents him from playing a lot.

I don't really think Flamini is one of the "best 4" we had during this last season...
At least, he can become one of them 4, but he should work a lot on winning the ball back in my opinion: he is already good when he has possession, but I found his challenges too often mis-timed and fouly.

My 2 cents, anyway :)

He had a pretty good first season under Allegri but Allegri always preferred Gattuso and Seedorf when they were having bad moments, even Strasser and Merkel got the nod ahead at some point. This season I thought he was mostly injured but then he came out in an interview with Gazzetta and said he has bee cleared to play since January.

He is leaving now anyway on a bossman again. Malaga offered him the wages he is getting at Milan and they are in the CL.

Seedorf to announce he's leaving Milan soon. Really wish we kept Merkel. We seem to be lacking flair around the midfield. Montolivo will have a bit, but he's no Seedorf. Boateng is all muscle and Urby will be LB (he's also too much of a 'useful' squad player than starter imo).

Boateng isn't ALL muscle. He's got some creativity and flair as well but yeah not all that much.

You're right Persian Luis Figo (:P), but he doesn't bring that kind of game onto the pitch, like Seedorf etc. I see him more as an inside forward or very attacking midfielder.

:P

Yeah he's no Seedorf that's for sure.

I don't like these signings that much. Milan are facing a huge downgrade in quality. Who is going to play in front of the defence? Muntari was already a downgrade and now he is out for 6 months and Constant is supposed to fill that gap. (That's a cool name btw! Constant)

Cassano also said he is not sure he will stay at Milan! :CONFUSE:

AC Milan have confirmed that they have ended negotiations with Mathieu Flamini and he has now left the club. He left Arsenal and now, Milan left him...3 clubs he left w/ a bad taste! :COAT:

so Thiago Silva is gone....now Milan should get Sakho instead...

i belive Milan will get out of this situation...wonder if they bid for the young Greek from Schalke..

Sakho had a bad season tbh.

Pretty sure they will go after Dedé, an hell of a CB.

I'd love Dede, but I think we'll pass on him. We already filled 1 non-EU slot with Gabriel, so in Italy they're saying we're after Garay or Rolando.

Dede also signed new deal with Vasco, but in today´s football that means nothing..

Thiago Silva was the only irreplaceable player in the squad and Milan will have a hard time next year. Are Rolando and Garay supposed to lead the Milan defence?! And next to who? Mexes!! We are screwed.

When Ibra was out, Milan played really good and were able to play without him but that was never the case with Thiago. Milan always suffered when Thiago wasn't playing. For a big club like Milan, this is a bad choice. I am furious but I am just a spoiled big club fan. :D

Freaking hell, if a player like Thiago Silva leaves an Italian giant as AC Milan to play in Ligue 1 (no offence to French League, but come on!!)... Now anything can happen. There are no limits for sugar daddies. I bet they are offering him the kind of money he didn't think it was ever possible. The same can be said of Berlusconi, who seemed to jump at the opportunity to cash in with this transfer. How much did he go for?

A player like Thiago Silva is the type who creates such a bond with his team. He is still a hero at Fluminense, but at least we knew that it would be impossible to keep him from going to a massive club in Europe. But with Milan is different. You would expect him to stay with Milan and turn into a legend alongside the likes of Maldini. But with the things we see in football today this doesn't exist anymore. A legendary and colossal club like Milan to cave in and sell their best players to the sugar daddies is the beginning of the end of football. Things are changing too fast, not in a good way.

Thiago Silva is one of the most professional players I've seen and it's difficult to get my head around this. He's at the peak of his career, probably the best Centre Back in the world. If he had to move, one would surely think it would be to a higher level of footballing challenge? I can only imagine how the hell he came to terms with moving from Serie A to Ligue 1 and what kind of money was on offer there.

It saddens me so much. By far one of the best players I've seen at Milan in my life.

Last edited:

This transfer if not all big moves just proves anybody has a price, especially when football begin to be a buisinees and then a sport for 22 men and a ball.

Club prestige is dead unfortunately, its a case of money.

Back
Top Bottom