Benfica Thread

Re: BENFICA thread - PORTUGUESE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Looks serious, could be hardballing but at this point we can only wait for the window to close to see what it really was.

Not bad my friend, after a slow start (just like whole Benfica) 'el conejo' is playing very well scoring many goals and making several assists lately. He scored 6 goals and made 6 assists as well which probably reflects the not so good start.

Next Wednesday we're going to face FC Porto at Dragão for the 1st leg of Portuguese Cup semi-finals. The 2nd leg will be played in... April!!! Ridiculous.

Looks like the Luiz deal is going to happen.

~20m + ~5 performance related m + Matic + friendly between the clubs in Lisbon

They said it is something like this:

25M€ in cash + 3,5M€ performance + Matic + friendly (which is expect to generate 1,5M€ in TV rights and tickets)

My opinion, it is a very fair deal for all parts. Wish all the best to him and to Chelsea (still didn't get why you need another striker but ok that's another topic). I hope you enjoy David. :)

Looks like a great deal for both sides. I'll be over the moon once this is official. I can also see us coming back in 6 months for Coentrao :P

You already have a top class LB in Ashley Cole. No need to bring Coentrão in. I see him at Milan however they have signed Vilà Didac. Let's wait.

You already have a top class LB in Ashley Cole. No need to bring Coentrão in. I see him at Milan however they have signed Vilà Didac. Let's wait.
Of course but Chelsea seem to love buying from you. We're probably on a quest to pay out any debts you have.

ng1520528.jpg

The one and only!

Pretty disappointing outcome. At least he cares.

I was looking towards a huge final and hoping the Eagles would do it but ...... :(

Curse continues... first Porto now Chelsea.. hang on there guys, maybe next season will be better. You can be proud of being in finals this year!

Curse continues... first Porto now Chelsea.. hang on there guys, maybe next season will be better. You can be proud of being in finals this year!

I think this Benfica team can even win the Champions league with a bit of luck. They looked superb at times.
They will be of better experience after this bitter defeat.

Everything that is Portuguese must lost is finals -.-
Benfica 10 finals->2 wins
Portugal x Greece(Euro 2004)->Portugal loses in his own home
Portugal x France (World Cup 2006)->Portugal lost
Portugal x Spain(World Cup 2010)->Portugal Lost
Portugal x Spain (Euro 2012)-> Portugal Lost in GP

This is becoming pathetic -.-

That is amazing to see. Benfica must be the most unlucky team for a long time.
I hope they bounce back, they really deserve something.

Who knows, next year the CL final is at Benfica's stadium....maybe they may get lucky to win it :-)

See what happened to Bayern after 3 final losses, they came back strong.

Benfica need that same determination and some new players to help fight back.

Back
Top Bottom