Boxing Talk!!

Got holidays from work book already for September with plans to see Mayweather's potential final fight but im genuinely getting second thoughts if its against Berto

I know it would still be great fun going to my first Vegas fight at the MGM and Vegas would be great fun but that fight has no appeal if im honest and he might fight on with some rumours

if its Thurman or Khan I'd be all in.

Got holidays from work book already for September with plans to see Mayweather's potential final fight but im genuinely getting second thoughts if its against Berto

I know it would still be great fun going to my first Vegas fight at the MGM and Vegas would be great fun but that fight has no appeal if im honest and he might fight on with some rumours

if its Thurman or Khan I'd be all in.

Go anyway dude. I've seen Mayweather fight twice in person and he looks even better than he does on T.V. Plus the fight week exp. will trump almost anything you have been to. There are boxing events going on literally every day in the morning, afternoon and night. E.g. Open workouts, arrivals, q and a's. Moreover, a lot of the fighters, trainers and boxing media are approachable. Best to stay at a hotel near the MGM because after the fight is over the strip will be at a complete standstill. You'll be waiting an hour at the very least to catch a cab. If you stay close by you can just walk back to your hotel room

Cool. MGM will have the most stuff going on. You'll see quite a few of your friends for the UK there. Never stayed at the MGM but my friends have. The rooms are super nice. A lot better than you would expect.

Nice, so out of curiousity what must see or activities would you recommend for Vegas, as well any that fit into fight week as well.

I highly recommend the Vegas fight tour. Its a must see even if you're just a causal fan. think I paid around $120. Might have gone up a bit in recent years though. Bring a camera because you're going to want to get pictures as you visit a ton of gyms. I love ATVs so that's probably my fav thing to do unwind. Ton of off-road stuff you can do. Not sure if you're into that sort of thing. MGM usually has a schedule of events taking place at their hotel. Just ask for it. Their pool is massive. Hot chicks everywhere. Defn check that out. You might also want to go for a stroll and visit the Aria and Cosmopolitan hotels. Esp Cosmo!

Sounds great, so you don't think there's much i'd need to book before im actually at the hotel (tickets to the fight aside)

You might need to book the fight tour in advance since it' will be fight week. Just don't book it on a Friday because that's when weigh-ins are. You want to go that. Pure madness:D

So I've just seen there's a "signature - MGM Hotel' which is linked to it, which is better?

Also you got a link to book that fight tour.

check out the Siren Pirate show :SNACK: its prettay cool among other things . Treasure Island on South Las Vegas BLVD I`m not too familiar I`ve visited a handful of times w/ mates who are familiar . The coolest is rent a fast car and drive fast on the desert road...scene is cool convertible is a must! invite birds you met the night before is optional .

Can't do it, its not available during that period (7th Sept to 13, probably related to the fact its close to fight week.

I might be able to squeeze it in on my return day or move my dates slightly.

In general outside of boxing what are some must see events.

Go by Fremont street during the night. Wild place. There should be a few free concerts for you to check out and some street performers for you to laugh at. The high roller ride is also pretty cool and cheap. Takes you high up in the sky and gives you great views of Vegas. If you want an adrenaline rush ATVs, car racing, and gun shooting are where it's at. I usually skip CSI exp., Circus stuff, and Hoover dam (heard it's a two hour helicopter ride there and back and fills up most of your day). If you want to hit up a nightclub I would recommend Tao inside the Venetian or the Marquee inside of Cosmopolitan

Cheers, So its official its Berto, im waiting to buy my flight and Hotel till I buy the fight ticket's that should be fine right? when are they likely to go on sale?

It varies. When we went to see Cotto in 2012 the tickets went on sale two months prior to the day of the fight. Maybe sometime this week for this fight as the announcement came really late. If not this week. next week at the latest.

The MGM won't sell out that quick for this will it, I should be OK getting fight tickets arranged first right

Those are the two fights he should be seeking. When a fighter avenges his losses he looks like a better in retrospect. The fight I'm looking forward to the most this year is GGG vs Lemieux. It's going to be an absolute facking war. Oscar says Lemieux will be the first guy to make GGG fight backwards and that will be the key to him winning the fight. All one has to do is look at history. Rubio made Lemieux fight backwards and look what happened. I expect GGG to win a brutal, wildly entertaining fight. For those who have never seen Lemieux...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynz4-9znmQ

Booked my Flights, Hotel and fight for September 12th! :DANCE:

Right so my flight on Monday 14th is around 4 25pm, the Fight Tour starts at 11am till 2PM, I assume you've done it before, is that too tight for me to get back to the hotel (MGM) and head straight to the airport

Nice. You should be okay. Just have all your stuff packed so you can grab and go when you get back to the MGM. Cab ride to the airport from MGM is like 6/7 mins.

Brilliant, but when it says the tour ends at 2PM how long does it take for them to get us back to the hotel or where is it they drop you off?

About 30 min or so. Got picked up and dropped off at planet holllywood. So add an hour to the tour length which was close to 3 hours when I did it and you're looking at 4 hours, so 3pm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom