Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão 2009

Cruzeiro expectations these last 4 years been absolute low, our board doesn't want to spend at all. And our coach is kinda of annoying when it comes to which players he wanna work with.

I disagree about that completly...but everyone is entitled to an opinion and i respect that.

Imo we had fairly good seasons the past couple of years, a 3rd and a 5th place in the League... add to that a libertadores final plus 2 state championships and i think u can call it fairly good seasons...
About our coach, i love him and his style, strict! He hates players with no responsability and thats why he sends some players awya and deny some players that could sign for us.

About the Fred thing, it was simple, Fred came to Cruzeiro saying he had just terminated his contract with Lyon, he gave Cruzeiro priority to sign him back, Cruzeiro made an offer, about 200k dollars per month on a 1 year deal, Fred asked for a 5 year deal, wich is completly absurd and crazy for a brazilian team to sign(imagine if the team is relegated or the player gets injuried) than Fluminense throught their sponsor(UNIMED) offered him almost 250k on that 5 year contract he wanted so much, done deal.

The problem is that he ended up in a really bad organized team...theres no way he can perform his best there...

1st of all he is living in Rio now, a city that is just harder for any player nowdays to perform , thers just too many stuff happening there...its like our own L.A,(Fame, glory, etc)

2nd, Fluminense organization is not having a good moment, the team structure is very bad at the moment, theres constatly fights inside the club for power (Sponsor x Club staff)they dont have evan a good trainning ground atm...

3rd the team itseft is not playing well since before Fred arrived, Parreira was the coach when he got there and imo his times are way past him, his tatics and line of work just got old... so their team is in a rebuilding time now wich makes very hard for a STRIKER to show up.

Still with all that i wacthed some games of Fred this year, and still can see that great player from before..u can see he is just diferent from the other players. He had some nice games this year, so its not like if he forgot how to play, its just that the team is not performing well wich makes very hard for him to shine at his full potential.

Sorry but I don't think last couple of seasons were good, Cruzeiro is by far the team that get rid of players faster in Brazil, its ridiculous.
And people here keep ignoring this team main issues, the lack of combat in the midfield, Fabricio is maaaaaassive overrated, a very shaky player who mistakes mentality with making ugly faces and kicking the ball far away.
We have no decent LB, both Estudiantes goals created on Gerson Magrão side.
I could go on and on with the problems that were hidden in some Libertadores games but you could clearly see on the last two.
And now the board come with this crap that they are signing several players, and at the end we will end up with average players and Kleber will be in Europe.

Thanks for the lengthy and and detailed answer guys. Very informative. :)

Sorry but I don't think last couple of seasons were good, Cruzeiro is by far the team that get rid of players faster in Brazil, its ridiculous.
And people here keep ignoring this team main issues, the lack of combat in the midfield, Fabricio is maaaaaassive overrated, a very shaky player who mistakes mentality with making ugly faces and kicking the ball far away.
We have no decent LB, both Estudiantes goals created on Gerson Magrão side.
I could go on and on with the problems that were hidden in some Libertadores games but you could clearly see on the last two.
And now the board come with this crap that they are signing several players, and at the end we will end up with average players and Kleber will be in Europe.

I respect your opinion, but i dont agree at all...I almost got into a fight at the end of the Libertadores final macth becasue of that so i wont go there again.
Lets just say ill leave it there since im not in the mood for this discussion. ;)
cheers!

Look who it is!! :D
Great to see you again Walt. Hope all's well amigo. :)

I'm great, buddy!
I'm hoping you're well too!

Brasileirão should be really interesting this season! The teams that came up from 2nd division are really surprising us all! :))

Can you give me some info about Rever and the best goalkeepers in Brasileirao (Benfica is rumoured to be interested in Victor, Bruno, Felipe..)?

Can you give me some info about Rever and the best goalkeepers in Brasileirao (Benfica is rumoured to be interested in Victor, Bruno, Felipe..)?

The best Gk in Brasileirao now days is FABIO , without a question id say...
Victor, Felipe and Marcos are in second place, while Bruno is behind all of those imo....

About Rever i can say he is a solid defender, tall, with great positioning and timing, i rate him the best defender of Gremio squad(above Leo). Rever can also play at the DMF position so u can see that he can also play with the ball a little bit(pass, drible, etc)

Fabio is finally getting the credit he deserves, even when he used to 'fail' he was one of the best goalkeepers, the thing is that he had like 10+ saves each game, off course one he would fail.
But... I still think he have bad jump, you can notice that on crosses mainly, but on everything else he is superb and compensate it.
Benfica should go to other GK :P

Now Rever is one of those CBs that are great technically, and he probably get some extra credit for that.
But... Thats not what he is all about, he is really fast, have great positioning and is relative strong. Without doubt one of the best CBs here.

Thanks guys! Well, you're both Cruzeiro fans but I assume you're not biased :D Here most Benfica fans say they prefer Victor, from Gremio... I never seen any of them playing, but you know how it is..when somebody starts saying a player is good, the other ones who never seen him play will start saying the same...

The best Gk in Brasileirao now days is FABIO , without a question id say...
Victor, Felipe and Marcos are in second place, while Bruno is behind all of those imo....
well, I'd put Marcos in 1st place.. even with 35 years he's just awesome, always a monster.. just see some of his lasts defences and no doubt he's on the top of brazillians GKs
Fabio is in a great phase too, so he'd be there at the top.. has a great potencial as he's younger, pretty sure he's gonna go to Europe soon and be successful there..

Victor is another great GK too, had a good season last year and is doing well this year too

about Felipe and Bruno, both are good Gks, but they're that kind of players that in one game are just awesome, and on the other they're shit
on their last games u can get both really nice defences and total fails..

I'm so pissed off at the referees here, every round is the same story, so much diving, and some ridiculous fouls, its disgusting.
Corinthians game yesterday awful decisions by the ref, Cruzeiro game same story...
Its about time to change! :RANT:
I wonder why does these players quickly adapt and stop falling when they are in Europe, do they buff that much there. :ROLL:

No, it's just the culture. Of course they bulk up a bit as well, some quite a bit but this is a thing that is very noticeable when watching different leagues with varied threshold of what is a legitimate foul.

So when in an environment, culture and league where they feel getting fouls takes minimal contact and is easier to get, they dive every chance they get and as expected but unfortunate, quite often get the fouls they were 'hoping' for. When they see, the environment's different and it's tougher to get those fouls, then as human beings have a tendency to do, they 'adapt'.

So yeah, in Brazil, things have to change 'fundamentally' from within. Culturally. Because like you said, these very same players when 'forced' to, will no longer go to the ground so easily. So only reason they do it back home is because they know they can get away with it often.

Yeah its a problem that probably gonna take a while to solve it, but European football keeps getting bigger here, and round after round with those ridiculous diving every game, people are starting to get frustrated, as they are enjoying a different culture of game.
Our football culture has more important things to keep in my honest opinion, like the famous 'ginga' the individual abilities, instead of the 'jeitinho brasileiro' that people thing they can get away with everything.
Did you know that the referee that was manipulating results a couple of seasons ago, was not convicted, they claimed that it was a victim-less crime, typical 'jeitinho brasileiro'.

Well Grémio is a lot heavier this year cause Rochemback is coming...
Dont you guys want P.Silva too?:COOL:

Is just me or Corinthians delivered the game? Felipe in the penalty hum...

That was definitely not the case, they've been delivering games the whole competition since the leaders were too far,
because they've won the cup guaranteeing they Libertadores spot.

Yesterday Corinthians blamed the referee, and Felipe claimed thats why he didn't jumped,
but to be honest their mind is far off the competition, Flamengo win was expected, São Paulo and other club fans can't blame them in my honest opinion.

Some clubs got lucky and played a dismotivated Corinthians while others didn't and faced a little better team mostly on some inspired Ronaldo games.

I watched Corinthians at Paulistão and Copa do Brasil and they seemed superb. Yesterday I saw them again and it was a frustration for me, didn't recognize the team who conquered 2 titles in earlier season.
About the title race, I'm rooting for Flamengo. It's time to a new champion and to Rio de Janeiro.

I watched Corinthians at Paulistão and Copa do Brasil and they seemed superb.

That team is long gone now, sad for their fans, but thats our league, 1st semester is really distinct of the 2nd.
Cruzeiro was in 15/13th and now they are 5th :SHOCK: even loosing a lot of games in this 2nd half.
Look at Fluminense case too, its an inconsistent league, but thats what makes it exciting.

About the title race, I'm rooting for Flamengo. It's time to a new champion and to Rio de Janeiro.

My thoughts exactly, enough with SP clubs.

Is just me or Corinthians delivered the game? Felipe in the penalty hum...

Refree was a joke in that macth... i think thats why he didnt go for the ball.
Anyway Flamengo will be champs this sunday... theres no way in my mind Gremio will try to make things harder to Flamengo knowing they can possobily give the title to their fierced rivals Inter... some Gremio players already said Inter cant trust them.

0,,33308456-IN,00.jpg

:LMAO:

Yeah it'll be nice to see Flamengo as champions of Brazil again! It's been awhile and Brazil's most supported club (I believe) has had its fair share of disappointments over the past years... now its almost time for celebration!! :D

Re: Brasileirão 2009 | Flamengo Champions!

really sad to see this. accepting a loss is a great attitude even when it was a game of huge importance which caused the relegation. now they will be punished even harder.

congrats to flamengo and especially to kleberson. :)

Back
Top Bottom