Cyberpunk 2077

My impressions after around 5h on PS4 slim 1TB (went for the console version because I'm still sitting on a 1050Ti and an old cpu on my PC).
First of all, don't listen to people saying PS3 graphics etc. The game looks fine with film grain, motion blur and chromatic abberation off. I always turn off these settings anyway in my pc games.
Daytime in the City you might see some drops below 30fps in crowded areas but there's a feeling this is all about optimization and can be rectified with patches. Ofc we can't expect the crowd density of high-end pc systems.
No crashes so far and only one visual bug which was clipping of a dead body. A patch should also fix the issue of the temporarily right stick automatic move which occurs in some instances for 2 seconds when you're idle.
Game is good but I wasn't that hyped for the game. I'm more like a Witcher fan and W3 was a masterpiece for me.
Still I'm considering buying the game on GOG or Steam and stream it through Geforce Now after it receives a good amount of patches on PC because I have a decent 80mbps download broadband speed. The game on PC has a bit more bugs like the one where you're unable to pick up objects.
That said, my advice to console users that can tolerate some shortcomings is to get the game or wait a month and stream it through Geforce Now.

I'm also not in my 20s or 30s, I'm well over 40yrs old and I've been gaming since mid 80s. I've been through all the evolution of gaming and I was patching games in the 90s through the CDs of pc magazines. Played games like Bloodlines with huge gamebreaking bugs. I'm not excusing CDPR for the state of the game on release day but the truth is that I'm quite tolerant when it comes to bugs and graphics quality.

So is it really superior on PC/Next gen?
I much rather like to hang back on the bed and play on PS4 but i got the PC for it and its much cheaper on it if its that superior to PS4.

I only had time to launch the game this morning and play around 2 minutes. About 40 seconds in this shows up:

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 08.39.39.jpeg

Still a lot to go but definitely not a good start :LMAO:
(This was in low quality settings on PC, but the bug stays regardless of the graphic settings)

I only had time to launch the game this morning and play around 2 minutes. About 40 seconds in this shows up:

Still a lot to go but definitely not a good start :LMAO:
(This was in low quality settings on PC, but the bug stays regardless of the graphic settings)

This is a big big game, might have a lot of issues. Witcher 3 is also have bugs even the polishd version of it years after. Im waiting for a price drop surely.

I much rather like to hang back on the bed and play on PS4 but i got the PC for it and its much cheaper on it if its that superior to PS4.

Like all PC games all dependant on spec.
If you have a 2060 - 2080 will look better than PS4 Pro.
If you have a 3000 series will look better than next gen.

If you have a decent pc get it there. CDPR will start rolling out patches soon. Consoles probably will get one today and another one next week afaik.
Tbh I wouldn't have any single problem if they kept the same graphics engine quality as Witcher 3 which looks marvellous imo. It's a pen&paper RPG, give me a decent story and good side quests and I don't care about graphics. JOURNOS, devs and gamers nowadays are focusing on graphics and we end up with half baked videogames. "Oh my FIFA 21 looks gorgeous on my PS5". Who cares, how's the gameplay? Oh it's crap but look at these NIKE boots..

Like all PC games all dependant on spec.
If you have a 2060 - 2080 will look better than PS4 Pro.
If you have a 3000 series will look better than next gen.

I dont really care about fps and resolution and a few shader and mods, but perhaps indeed if there are more NPCs on PC in the vanilla thats actually huge factor. That means the current gen version is a dumbed down version.

I dont really care about fps and resolution and a few shader and mods, but perhaps indeed if there are more NPCs on PC in the vanilla thats actually huge factor. That means the current gen version is a dumbed down version.
There is a crowd density slider in the PC version. Grab the game on GOG or Steam and if you're not satisfied with the performance try the £3 Geforce Now service. I should have done the same tbh before rushing to buy the game on PS4.

The PC version eventually will obviously be made better with mods, RPG's are always better with mods.
You can get the PC version of the game from GOG.com, using a Russian VPN for £19 at the moment - Well over half the price of the console version.

Digital foundry have said it's virtually unplayable on PS4 and Xbox one. And as I said it looks like dog shit seriesX so god knows how last gen players are playing it.

The PC version eventually will obviously be made better with mods, RPG's are always better with mods.
You can get the PC version of the game from GOG.com, using a Russian VPN for £19 at the moment - Well over half the price of the console version.
True but don't expect any groundbreaking mods for this game. It's not a Bethesda game. Most mods like in W3 will be cosmetic.

True but don't expect any groundbreaking mods for this game. It's not a Bethesda game. Most mods like in W3 will be cosmetic.

Thats a good thing, never finished Skyrim on PC i was rather spending hundreds of hours maxing out the graphics authencity, with cosmetics, new characters etc etc. It was too many...adding this to the 90 hours of story + 500 hours sidequests + DLC

Wut? There are LOTS of gameplay mods for The Witcher 3. Of course it isn't Skyrim, but there are lots of 'em. If a similar (to W3) creation kit is released, you can expect gameplay mods for CP2077 also.

@gabe.paul.logan That being said, the choice for the PC is pretty obvious I guess, unless you're on really old hardware (like I am :PP)... But even then, if you can bear it to play in 1080p with 30-35 FPS (the most I could get out of my old GTX 970), I guess you're good. Since I can't bear with it, I had to tone down the resolution to 720p, is kind of similar to playing this game on a Ps3 / Xbox 360 :LOL: At least then, it's 60 FPS, so it helps with some of the gunplay.

Playing on hard and it takes 5 or 6 headshots to kill an enemy, seriously? No way I'm playing the game like this, needs a mod ASAP, it's not the division where enemies should be bullet sponges.

Playing on hard and it takes 5 or 6 headshots to kill an enemy, seriously? No way I'm playing the game like this, needs a mod ASAP, it's not the division where enemies should be bullet sponges.
It's not a fps action game. It's a pen&paper RPG with stats, hit points, everything dependant on character progression/skills and weapons/armor attributes. You can't expect a headshot to kill the enemy, it's not Call of Duty.

Wut? There are LOTS of gameplay mods for The Witcher 3. Of course it isn't Skyrim, but there are lots of 'em. If a similar (to W3) creation kit is released, you can expect gameplay mods for CP2077 also.

@gabe.paul.logan That being said, the choice for the PC is pretty obvious I guess, unless you're on really old hardware (like I am :PP)... But even then, if you can bear it to play in 1080p with 30-35 FPS (the most I could get out of my old GTX 970), I guess you're good. Since I can't bear with it, I had to tone down the resolution to 720p, is kind of similar to playing this game on a Ps3 / Xbox 360 :LOL: At least then, it's 60 FPS, so it helps with some of the gunplay.
What I meant is that the mods didn't completely overhaul the game and for sure they weren't essential. I can't even imagine playing vanilla Skyrim or Fallout 4, the gameplay mods take into another level of quality these games.

What I meant is that the mods didn't completely overhaul the game and for sure they weren't essential. I can't even imagine playing vanilla Skyrim or Fallout 4, the gameplay mods take into another level of quality these games.
Oh, totally. You got a good point there, for sure. Damn, I remember playing the heck out of Fallout 3 (with tons of good/essential mods) also. Good times.

Now I'm thinking all this info/clutter on the screen of Cyberpunk is just disorienting somehow. I'm also over 40 years old, and I'm not sure if this game is taylor made for people of our generation, unfortunately. :CRY:

Oh, totally. You got a good point there, for sure. Damn, I remember playing the heck out of Fallout 3 (with tons of good/essential mods) also. Good times.

Now I'm thinking all this info/clutter on the screen of Cyberpunk is just disorienting somehow. I'm also over 40 years old, and I'm not sure if this game is taylor made for people of our generation, unfortunately. :CRY:
I think that this type of games don't have to do much with age but rather with how much you've played this genre. If I'm honest, I'm 100% a football games guy, maybe playing Firewatch/The Walking Dead/Detroit (so just pure story, hand-holding games) and each time I play this kind of games I get lost and normally do really bad (and I'm a young man, if that helps :LMAO:).

Version 1.04 on my PS5 (just checked

E8E26974-2493-428E-868A-32FDCC3BB793.jpeg

Some of the patch notes might contain minor spoilers, so we'd recommend not looking at them unless you think one of the bugs has been affecting your playthrough.

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
  • Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
  • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
  • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
  • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
  • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
  • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
  • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
  • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
  • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
  • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
  • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
  • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
  • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
  • Other quest fixes

Gameplay
  • Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
  • Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
  • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
  • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
  • Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
  • Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
  • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
  • Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
  • Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
  • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

It's not a fps action game. It's a pen&paper RPG with stats, hit points, everything dependant on character progression/skills and weapons/armor attributes. You can't expect a headshot to kill the enemy, it's not Call of Duty.

I'm playing on controller I have no free fingers for pens and papers FFS!

I realise what you're saying, I'm fine with it not being 1 headshot = death, 5 or 6 or more is way too many.

Reactions: OPM

I hope it does more damage tho? Or at least that there are consequences if you shoot a leg, an arm or whatever? After all in pen and paper RPGs used to kinda work like this as well.. no?

Was about to pick it up on Stadia, since I don't have a PC strong enough to endure the whole thing, but I have a good connession and performances wise I've heard great things about this version so far.. but I'm kinda holding back a bit for the moment, not sure I'm reading the enthusiasm I was expecting..

On my base character before any levelling up headshots do 1.20 damage which is crazy low, sure things like that can be tweaked with mods. I remember one of the first mods for Witcher 3 was a combat mod to help balance it better and it made a big difference.

So this is basically fallout in a dystopian (blade runner-esque) setting?

I played for 2 hours, it looks great ( series x ) and is fun, but there is literally NOTHING groundbreaking that justifies the hype it generated for the better side of 7 years.

when I booted up gta v on ps3: wow
when I booted up RDR2 on PS4: wow

booting up this? Yeah, it’s great, but it is lacking...something.

I played for 2 hours, it looks great ( series x ) and is fun, but there is literally NOTHING groundbreaking that justifies the hype it generated for the better side of 7 years.

Yeah there are very few games which I must admit have ever made me go wow.
Your probably right with GTA V, as that was pretty decent.
Certainly with Red Dead as that was easily the best looking game of the previous gen - Shadow of the Tomb Raider also looked very good (especially on PC)
CyberPunk, graphically it is what I would call pretty standard for game these days - Except the Ray Tracing it by far the best I have seen in any game (But I suspect this is down to Nvidia really making this their trademark game for the 3000 series GPU's)
The biggest WOW I have had though since Red Dead is easily FS, that game is absolutely breathtaking.

Reactions: OPM
Guns? Pfft, I'm strutting around as a soon-to-be cybernetically enhanced Mike Tyson knocking people the fuck out with my fists. I love stealth games and utilize stealth in games that allow it like 100% of the time, but I went with the polar opposite approach in Cyberpunk. Figured I'd switch it up for a change.

I've been pumping everything into Body and Street Brawling (and the perk on the Athletics tree that gives 20% unarmed melee damage). On hard, I can one hit weaker enemies with a single strong attack. I have a 30% chance to stun enemies on-hit and do an additional 50% damage to stunned enemies. When I get 20 street cred I can finally buy Gorilla Arms. I've found some enhancements that give me some on-hit effects like fire and what not too.

I almost never use guns. Seriously, melee is busted.

The KB/M controls are pretty atrocious in my opinion, so I've been using a controller on PC. How terrible is the police AI in this game? They will literally spawn right behind you. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
So about PS4Pro and XOX i did a little research, they are vastly inferior to next gen. If you want to play this so badly on better quality and dont have a good PC just sell your current gen and buy a next gen console once they are available around you.

But safe to say the game is buggy on all of them anyways in its current state, i think i'll wait for a PC pricedrop surely or for PS5 sometimes next year.
I still have the Witcher 3 to finish anyways...Shenmue 3...Resident Evil 7...Uncharted: Lost Legacy...Death Stranding...and probably meanwhile there will be a good price drop for Ghost of Tsushima and for Fallen Older. Im not particularly itching to buy this game on full price not to mention playing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom