Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

tufkar84, my congratulations! I really liked this gameplay! I don't even know what I would like to change. There is only one moment that is very annoying - this is automatic change in the speed of the game. I don't even know where this parameter is. Changing the speed of a match by the game destroys the realistic movement of the players. And this change defies any logic. Sometimes even in the Champions League it is slow, and sometimes very fast in the regular season. The intensity of the match is not responding. Scripting too. I don't know where to look for it.

tufkar84, my congratulations! I really liked this gameplay! I don't even know what I would like to change. There is only one moment that is very annoying - this is automatic change in the speed of the game. I don't even know where this parameter is. Changing the speed of a match by the game destroys the realistic movement of the players. And this change defies any logic. Sometimes even in the Champions League it is slow, and sometimes very fast in the regular season. The intensity of the match is not responding. Scripting too. I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

@Anth James worked on this, I think. His files include a mod which turns off the Emotion Engine. You might want to try that

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I hope I can get some more, so I know what to improve for the next version.

The version shared is indeed close to vanilla, intentionally. Previous versions were overhauls, and at some point the gameplay just didn't work anymore for me... I have slowed legs and animations down, other than the overall player speed and acceleration. And made the ball a tiny bit larger, heavier and more separated from the player, more free in a way. This alone introduces "natural" errors. For example sometimes the attacker wants to shoot to the far post, but his shot goes to the near post instead, because, other than an error percentage, his legs and feet do not move quick enough to reach the running ball and hit it at the right spot.

I did edit Error values, but very little, because I have found that on top of what described above, having high error values would result in "unnatural" mistakes, like quick high through ball resulting in a fluffed 3-meter long lob pass.

We can indeed find a balance, but I didn't want to go there, because with the game being slower, having high passing errors makes the game a bit boring and frustrating for me.

Jog speed vs sprint speed: same here. I had jog and walk speed very low in previous versions and it worked for me. But when going back to the drawing board, I decided to leave it at default, because...well...it worked too... If that's what we want, I can definitely use previous values and see if it all feels better.

Again, after testing and changing every single value, my previous versions had too many unnecessary edits. So I played vanilla, and did not hate it... So I thought I had to change as few values as possible to still have my desired result but without breaking the gameplay.

Looking at 6ons1's videos was fun! A great chance for me to look at things from the outside! And understand what needs to be worked on! Thank you!

Final note: yes, as stated, I did not touch team shapes. It was not my priority and it's not something that bothered me too much with the current speed. Or at least, using sliders just a bit made shapes look better. Also, I seem to understand we didn't have much success with this, so I wasn't sure what to touch. I focused on other aspects, to be honest

My apologize for the lack of feedbacks from my side. I reached the point I can't gut this game (principally the 1vs1 design) any more. I did very briefly try your mod and I liked the feeling on the ball and the improvement to players movement. I did see an issue with defenders (mostly CB) being late in the box on counter attacks, letting the ST relatively free to receive a cross or a pass. The exact same thing was also happening with the early gameplay mods released by @paulv2k4 . I can't speak for the recent ones as I didn't try them. It could be something not consistent as I said I didn't try it extensively.

Ciao Mario! Italiano?
Actually no, I'm from Latvia, small country near the Baltic sea. Mario was my first videogames hero. I have played almost all Konami football games and almost all Fifas.

That's what I wanted to achieve with my mod, since I think that this, combined with FIFA potential, can result in a much more realistic experience.
100% agree

So my only solution is to tweak sliders. Sliders, human player, marking and test 0 or 25, and see what happens.

Thanks mate. I haven't so many experience with Fifa 20 yet and never imagined that sliders should be altered such dramatically. I remember from older Fifas, that slight adjustments were able to influence the gameplay.

Looking forward to newer versions of your patch 🙂

My apologize for the lack of feedbacks from my side. I reached the point I can't gut this game (principally the 1vs1 design) any more. I did very briefly try your mod and I liked the feeling on the ball and the improvement to players movement. I did see an issue with defenders (mostly CB) being late in the box on counter attacks, letting the ST relatively free to receive a cross or a pass. The exact same thing was also happening with the early gameplay mods released by @paulv2k4 . I can't speak for the recent ones as I didn't try them. It could be something not consistent as I said I didn't try it extensively.

Thanks, very much appreciated. Yes, the issue is there with slower gameplay, and I did try to tackle it by increasing "chasing" and "marking" values, with fair but mixed results. Note that I left all sliders to 50, but this can be "patched" further with sliders as well: more marking, more accelleration/speed for the cpu. Not ideal, but at least it partially addresses the issue.

Last edited:
Actually no, I'm from Latvia, small country near the Baltic sea. Mario was my first videogames hero. I have played almost all Konami football games and almost all Fifas.

100% agree

Thanks mate. I haven't so many experience with Fifa 20 yet and never imagined that sliders should be altered such dramatically. I remember from older Fifas, that slight adjustments were able to influence the gameplay.

Looking forward to newer versions of your patch 🙂

Cool! Yes, some sliders have small impact, some have huge impact. Test at will until you see something closer to what you want.

With a slight delay, here is the updated version of my constant-work-in-progress gameplay mod: https://we.tl/t-GmzA6mDc5d

I have included the locale file, the fbmod and fbproject.

I have already revealed too much in my previous comments, so you should know what to expect, and I don't want to influence too much eventual feedback.

Please try it and leave as much feedback as you can, so I can work on that!

Last edited:
@tufkar84 .. beautiful counter attacks on full manual settings, even with Timed Finishing ON can play and score goals at Professional level .. :)
@6ons1 .. have to try these combos .. is there a priority to put them on Frosty .. ?! .. playing with a nice patch like EEP .. 😷

Anybody still interested?

This is probably going to be the last pre-FIFA 21 version, so I decided to release it with a cool name... :-P as "eSIM Football 1.0"

I still work on it basically every day, but I will now only release a next version when I feel considerable changes or progress have been made in one or few gameplay aspects.

I am still tweaking speed, acceleration and ball physics, but will also try to tackle goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and long shots in the future.

One noticeable bug: sometimes the referee will let it go after a foul, only to call the foul 10 seconds later.

I will only switch to FIFA 21 if I can do the same kind of editing to gameplay, and I will probably "port" it in that case. Until then I will keep working on the FIFA 20 version.

Special thanks to @6ons1 for the help, the support, the feedback and for the video recording of the gameplay, which you can see below.

Download link in the video description.

Last edited:
This is probably going to be the last pre-FIFA 21 version, so I decided to release it with a cool name... :-P as "eSIM Football 1.0"
because you are a soccer sim lover .. :YES: anyway, fifa 20 will be played less and less .. so, hope it will be possible to port this work for 21 .. cheers and thanks for this interesting end of 20 .. ⚽

Anybody still interested?

I still work on it basically every day, but I will now only release a next version when I feel considerable changes or progress have been made in one or few gameplay aspects.

I am still tweaking speed, acceleration and ball physics, but will also try to tackle goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and long shots in the future.

One noticeable bug: sometimes the referee will let it go after a foul, only to call the foul 10 seconds later.

I will only switch to FIFA 21 if I can do the same kind of editing to gameplay, and I will probably "port" it in that case. Until then I will keep working on the FIFA 20 version.

Special thanks to @6ons1 for the help, the support, the feedback and for the video recording of the gameplay, which you can see below.

Download link in the video description.

thanks for this. i downloaded and tried it last night. i found it much harder to create chances and score, which is a good thing! however, the CPU also struggled to do this. also, it felt quite slow sometimes, with my players sometimes feeling like they were 'running in mud'. i edited the locale.ini so that 'NORMAL' speed equalled 1 (rather than 'SLOW'), which improved things a bit. i guess some things are just to personal taste.

but overall, it was a great improvement over vanilla. so thank you very much :)

is there any way i can edit what you've done to make the CPU more lethal and remove the ocasional 'slowness' of the gameplay?

thanks!

thanks for this. i downloaded and tried it last night. i found it much harder to create chances and score, which is a good thing! however, the CPU also struggled to do this. also, it felt quite slow sometimes, with my players sometimes feeling like they were 'running in mud'. i edited the locale.ini so that 'NORMAL' speed equalled 1 (rather than 'SLOW'), which improved things a bit. i guess some things are just to personal taste.

but overall, it was a great improvement over vanilla. so thank you very much :)

is there any way i can edit what you've done to make the CPU more lethal and remove the ocasional 'slowness' of the gameplay?

thanks!

First of all, thanks for your nice words and the feedback! I didn't get much, possible many are just waiting FIFA 21... But I'm happy you enjoyed the base of the mod!

I recognize I did make it a bit too hard and unexplosive in some parts, and the current version I'm playing has already addressed exactly that.

If you want to quickly edit the mod to play as you like it, to get what you want (based on your description), I would:

-in the locale file, change SLOW APPROACH to 0
-in the sliders, lower marking to 25 for both, first touch error to 25, put acceleration to 51-52 and maybe even speed to 55 or any value that you like. You can even set pass speed to 55 if you like high tempo games. Of course you can try any value that feels good for you.

This should already change the gameplay A LOT.

If instead you'd like to change things in Frosty Editor, here is the project file: https://we.tl/t-MaOCXdOUeJ

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for your nice words and the feedback! I didn't get much, possible many are just waiting FIFA 21... But I'm happy you enjoyed the base of the mod!

I recognize I did make it a bit too hard and unexplosive in some parts, and the current version I'm playing has already addressed exactly that.

If you want to quickly edit the mod to play as you like it, to get what you want (based on your description), I would:

-in the locale file, change SLOW APPROACH to 0
-in the sliders, lower marking to 25 for both, first touch error to 25, put acceleration to 51-52 and maybe even speed to 55 or any value that you like. You can even set pass speed to 55 if you like high tempo games. Of course you can try any value that feels good for you.

This should already change the gameplay A LOT.

If instead you'd like to change things in Frosty Editor, here is the project file: https://we.tl/t-MaOCXdOUeJ

amazing, thanks, i'll try those changes tonight! and thanks for sharing the project file

i agree, i think many are waiting for fifa 21... but i think i will stick for 20 for a while because (a) i doubt 21 will be much of an improvement and (b) now galaxyman is no longer around i doubt we'll have a working frosty editor for 21 any time soon :(

Hey guys. Is there any gameplay mod that makes it feel like PES? I still think the gameplay from FIFA looks very robotic and unnatural

Hi, have you tried any mod from this thread?

Thanks for the reply mate. I tried the Sim Gameplay 2.0 and it felt like the players were on roller skates gliding up and down in the field. I was looking for a more slower and methodical style of gameplay. If its possible to edit players movements/animations speed (like in PES) i can try to do it myself

Thanks for the reply mate. I tried the Sim Gameplay 2.0 and it felt like the players were on roller skates gliding up and down in the field. I was looking for a more slower and methodical style of gameplay. If its possible to edit players movements/animations speed (like in PES) i can try to do it myself

Have a look at this post: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/page-20#post-3588244

Just a few posts above. Watch the video, and if you like what you see, you will find the download link to my eSim Football mod in the video description.

By the way, I will probably release an update to that same mod in the next few days, then stop modding.

Sorry I'm new here. I have a couple of questions and I would LOVE it if anyone could help me out:
> I'm looking for a realistic gameplay mod. From what I've seen, eSim 2.0 should be the one? (specifically looking for a mod that removes players skating and unrealistic movement)
> Can this mod be applied on any FIFA (for example- FIFA 21 as well?)?
> Can someone PLEASE give me precise steps on how to install/apply the gameplay mod?

In advance, THANK you very much!

Back
Top Bottom