FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Haha, I'm glad you didn't!

Anyway, if you are not a fan of 24 hours transfer deadline, you can simply edit transfers.ini file. You will find the necessary line in the first line itself:
[TRANSFERS_DEADLINEDAY]
TOTALNUMHOURS=24
Change 24 to 10 and save the file, that's it. [Always backup your save data before doing anything as a precaution.] :)
Worked out fine!

Really enjoyed having 24 hours, was able to shift 3 crappy reserve players clogging up the books

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any mod for FIFA 16 that changes the net physics? I have played a lot of FIFA 23 and FC 24, altough they suck in so many ways, the nets are far more superior than FIFA 16. It doesn’t feel so satisfying to score a goal when the net barely move.

Guys, I was thinking of skipping training for FIFA 16 Career Mode (not a fan of the training drills tbh). Have any of you noticed any significant changes if you skip training? In FIFA 19 for example, players still grow naturally without the drills, (not OP) but I'm not really sure about FIFA 16.

Guys, I was thinking of skipping training for FIFA 16 Career Mode (not a fan of the training drills tbh). Have any of you noticed any significant changes if you skip training? In FIFA 19 for example, players still grow naturally without the drills, (not OP) but I'm not really sure about FIFA 16.
They will grow naturally. I never used training myself.

Yeah, like Papinho told you, it will grow naturally. But still, you can train players, especially youth players, one at a time if you want to (just like my tips on FIFA 19).

i haven t noticed much difference btw fifa 16 and 19 except the more concentrated defensive aspect , which not really that noticeable, i feel that fifa 19 is a very close game to 16, and has better animations aswell.

i haven t noticed much difference btw fifa 16 and 19 except the more concentrated defensive aspect , which not really that noticeable, i feel that fifa 19 is a very close game to 16, and has better animations aswell.
What I notice at first, and as usual, is to collide player and referee. In 21, 22, 23, 24 the referee like an hologram, player can walk through him, just like in all FIFA series in PS1. Don't know in 19. But in 15 and 16 referee collision work normal like in PES.

At the conclusion of my Euro 2004 series I thought I'd share some of my faces converted from FIFA 14 classic patch and ones modified myself for accurate hairstyles from 2004 for my tournament. They're not perfect but they're better than generic faces. Some of these are also courtesy of BUSSIN11 from SoccerGaming edits that he kindly shared with me such as Totti and Vieri. I made Ronaldo my self buy putting ear tape textures on his face texture and changing his hair model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utLy3VVD6h8kcPyHflpIvGY9eopmzt7r/view?usp=drive_link
I also added my Euro 2004 stadiums with custom stadium dressings as well as a custom Aveiro stadium I retextured from Novrgorod Stadium from WC 2018, It's not the best but I think it's the closest to Aveiro.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBI8omtyIaExYLqdw27lB8yFHtXOGicZ/view?usp=drive_link
They come in useful and get added to next versions of Classic Patch but for those who want the choice, here you are.

Thanks for this wonderful patch, definitely one of my all time favourites!

I prefer 19 as a total package. The default sliders are the most playable out of any FIFA game by a long distance and the animations are the best bar none for an untouched/unpatched title. 20 introduced the 1v1 crap and speed-skating as a (not-hidden) bonus for fans who get tired of physics.

16 has a Better physics, imho. Expecially on collisions. And better dribbling and defensive a.i
The players in 16 do crazy unrealistic ragdoll physics in a lot of collisions with players frequently landing in ways that would put them in a wheelchair for life. But still 100x better than 20-24. 16 does have better defensive AI and more responsive dribbling (although that can be a curse because it's very easy to score from kick-off on almost every occasion in 16 on World Class and below,)

What I notice at first, and as usual, is to collide player and referee. In 21, 22, 23, 24 the referee like an hologram, player can walk through him, just like in all FIFA series in PS1. Don't know in 19. But in 15 and 16 referee collision work normal like in PES.
It's just the later 20+ titles. The collision mapping was completely rewritten in 20 where collisions are assumed rather than actual. The players/sprites (oldie word) don't have a physical body in 20-24, it's like ghosts with math trying desperately to work out whether it would be a collision or not. That's why when there's the slightest bit of delay or lag, the players will act as if they live in the 6th dimension.

The players in 16 do crazy unrealistic ragdoll physics in a lot of collisions with players frequently landing in ways that would put them in a wheelchair for life. But still 100x better than 20-24. 16 does have better defensive AI and more responsive dribbling (although that can be a curse because it's very easy to score from kick-off on almost every occasion in 16 on World Class and below,)
Yeah, I like 15 and 16 than 21, 22, 23 and 24. I going back to 15 because I can't face funny physic on newest series. And now I love 16 although it has some funny animation on it. Far away better than ice skating in newest series.

I don't know..i feel collisions on 16 are better,but just my opinion.
I like more even First touch physics.
Yes dribbling Is very responsive and i struggled to get the right slides to let the CPU cover and pressing properly,but i find a spot where i like the game a lot.
Speaking about 19, i didn't play It much as 16, is 1.00 better than last update i can get on console?

I don't know..i feel collisions on 16 are better,but just my opinion.
I like more even First touch physics.
Yes dribbling Is very responsive and i struggled to get the right slides to let the CPU cover and pressing properly,but i find a spot where i like the game a lot.
Speaking about 19, i didn't play It much as 16, is 1.00 better than last update i can get on console?
With 19, I actually like the final patch, the gameplay is very balanced without messing with the sliders too much and there's a good degree of midfield fight.

I played 19 a lil this evening.
Probably Is my favorite on Frostbite,but I keep my opinion that 16 has a better physics overall, expecially on physical battle, even if sometimes could be exaggerrated as wold said,and first touch cause the ball is way more alive. A.i and responsivness are better on 16.
What i prefer on 19 are animation and game speed. 16 is too much fast even on slow speed.
Another thing i don't like on 16 but with sliders i fixed a Lil Is that dribble past CPU defenders is too much easy even on legendary. this won't happen against a human player, where i think that the amazing responsivness of the game could be a really good thing.
16 is more varied and unpredictable on the pitch, due the better a.i and the more free/alive ball physics. It's still my favorite,but 19 is really good too

I played 19 a lil this evening.
Probably Is my favorite on Frostbite,but I keep my opinion that 16 has a better physics overall, expecially on physical battle, even if sometimes could be exaggerrated as wold said,and first touch cause the ball is way more alive. A.i and responsivness are better on 16.
What i prefer on 19 are animation and game speed. 16 is too much fast even on slow speed.
Another thing i don't like on 16 but with sliders i fixed a Lil Is that dribble past CPU defenders is too much easy even on legendary. this won't happen against a human player, where i think that the amazing responsivness of the game could be a really good thing.
16 is more varied and unpredictable on the pitch, due the better a.i and the more free/alive ball physics. It's still my favorite,but 19 is really good too
Think of it this way mate, it's nice to have two very good games still to play in the series. They're both good enough that I don't care about the future of EAFC, I'm happy with 16 and 19. Updated my rosters to the current (absolute turdness) Man Utd squad with a bit of create player/editing and it's all good.

A question: what are the best sources of stadiums and scoreboards for FIFA 16?

I'm looking more specifically for Premier League and Serie A scoreboards now.

Back
Top Bottom